PDA

View Full Version : Seeking: DOTM Deluxe Soundwave (group order?)

Paulbot
30th January 2012, 10:31 AM
It's possible DOTM Deluxe Soundwave might yet appear on our shelves, but with the current state of affairs (including it being cancelled in the US and the Air Raid/Darksteel wave still not here) I think I might need to snap one up while I can.

I'm probably looking at HK stock, but a TakaraTomy release would be fine too.

Wondering if there's others in Melbourne looking for him (and possibly Que, not for me but some might want it) with whom I could team up to try to buy in bulk and maybe get a better deal.

higsy19
3rd February 2012, 12:15 PM
count me in for the group purchase of both TF deluxes if it goes ahead.

k.wong23
8th February 2012, 01:15 AM
I'd like a Deluxe soundwave

griffin
8th February 2012, 03:25 AM
If looking for the best priced version - there are a few of the Hasbro versions floating around Taiwan on ebay at the moment for about $32 (with free shipping) if your source is priced above that... which looks to be the same as the JP version which is going for like $60 (but has a character card included).

I'm not sure how or why, but of the two Wave 6 Deluxe toys (Soundwave & Que/Wheeljack), both were released by Tomy in Japan, but only Soundwave was released by Hasbro in Taiwan (HK?) it seems. And it's definitely a Hasbro version, as they don't have the Character Card in them.
There is some speculation that they will still see a release by Hasbro in their new "Trilogy" packaging, but if and when that happens, is anyone's guess. (the toy would be the same, just the packaging will be slightly different - but getting them now saves worrying about it later if they shelve that idea and just focus on TFPrime instead)

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2012, 09:58 AM
If looking for the best priced version - there are a few of the Hasbro versions floating around Taiwan on ebay at the moment for about $32 (with free shipping) if your source is priced above that... which looks to be the same as the JP version which is going for like $60 (but has a character card included).
I don't see any reason why the JP version should be so expensive. :eek:
Might be better off just asking someone in Japan to buy some and post it to a single address in AU (who can then distribute it). Postage from Japan works out individually cheaper when done in bulk and divided.

Paulbot
10th February 2012, 08:47 PM
Ended up finding a good price on eBay for Soundwave with free shipping just like Griffin described, so there were no savings to made by buying in bulk.

[/THREAD]

Paulbot
13th February 2012, 09:18 PM
If it helps people I got my Deluxe Soundwave from this seller

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350527102458?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_5241wt_1110

Item number: 350527102458

Ordered Sunday night, was at the post office Friday morning. Got it sent with a BW Megatron and the guy did bend (but didn't fold) the card a bit to get both in the same box.

(The price has gone up $4 since last week though. )

liegeprime
14th February 2012, 03:37 AM
Cheers, Paulbot. That link helps.... now to find a cheap Que...

swoop
14th February 2012, 05:43 AM
I got my ha soundwave and deluxe soundwave from him to. I asked whether he had any que that he hadn't listed yet be he hasn't got back to me yet