PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - TF Prime Arms Micron Aimless

GoktimusPrime
5th February 2012, 10:07 PM
(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Aimless
Series - Transformers Prime
Sub-line - Arms Micron
Size/class - Mini-Con
Wave - 1 (First Edition)
New/remould/redeco - Repaint of Power Core Combiner Mini-Con Throttler
Released here - N/A
Approximate Retail Price - N/A; free with any Transformer purchase of 3000JPY at select retailers (e.g. Joshin, Kidsland, Bic Camera)
Approximate Size - 5.5cm
Allegiance - Undefined (presumably Decepticon)
Alt-mode - Drill-weapon (armour mode not mentioned in instructions)
Main Features/Gimmicks - 5mm handle, Powerlinx hardpoint
Main Colours - Metallic fuchsia, black
Main Accessories - This toy is an accessory!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Aimless_1325082109.jpg

Thoughts: This toy carries on the same weaknesses as Throttler - the awkwardly shaped feet makes the figure lean forward, so it takes a bit of fiddling around to get the toy balanced. The weapon mode is a hand-held drill which is... umm... yeah okay. The weapon handle is a 5mm post so any toy with a 5mm fist hole or port can hold him. The problem with this is that currently the only TF Prime Decepticon that can hold 5mm weapons is Deluxe Megatron. Starscream's hands can't hold squat and Vehicon's hands can only hold his gun... which is kinda disappointing and this has made me wish that HasTak would incorporate more 5mm compatibility into the TFPrime Decepticons. Most of the Autobots can hold 5mm weapons. Hopefully we'll see more 5mm weapon compatible Decepticons in future waves which will make Decepticon Arms Microns more useful.

The metallic fuchsia does look a lot nicer than the transparent purple on Throttler IMO. Overall... if you happen to spend 3000JPY or more at one of the select retailers that are participating in the Arms Micron campaign, then you might as well claim it for free. Otherwise certainly not worth paying money for... not that one would considering that this toy is marked "非発売" (not for sale).

Like the previous Micron campaign, participating stores often don't advertise this - so you may need to badger or even inform store staff about this (as not all staff members even know about this campaign!! If you tell them about it they'll ask their manager who will confirm it; this happened to me with both United Fracas and Arms Micron Aimless! :rolleyes:). The Bic Camera staff member who served me tried to tell me that it was only with a 3000JPY purchase of select TFs (he probably meant TF Prime - as I was purchasing a Disney Label TF) - I reminded him that the condition was for the purchase of a Transformer product with a min. value of 3000JPY, and the Disney Label TF I was purchasing was indeed a Transformer product valued at 3000JPY (well, a bit over). He agreed with me and gave me the Micron. :rolleyes:

Verdict: Only if you happen to be spending 3000JPY on TFs anyway and you're prepared to do some persuasive reminding with store staff. ;) (not necessarily blaming staff - it seems that TakaraTOMY are just shipping these Microns out with cases of TF toys to select retailers, but not attaching any promotional material for the store - probably just a memo which would only be read by the manager or whoever is in charge of receiving the cases, who may or may not inform other staff members - these exclusive Mini-Con campaigns suffer from underpromotion).

Doubledealer
5th February 2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the insightful review Gok. :) I quite like the look of this little fellow, his alt mode looks a bit like a shard of Dark Energon which is uber cool! Can imagine a small team of Autobots being ambushed by a whole load of 'em. :D