PDA

View Full Version : DOTM wave 6 cancelled

theheretic
13th February 2012, 07:47 AM
Yep you guessed it

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/dark-of-the-moon-human-alliance-soundwave--deluxe-leadfoot-wheeljack-and-soundwave-cancelled-174383/

Your really starting to be a jerk HASBRO

liegeprime
13th February 2012, 07:52 AM
Would you look at all the Angry Rants in that thread :p:D, ah well, looks like prices for these will be soaring for Jap markets...

5FDP
13th February 2012, 08:03 AM
While I feel for those that will miss out on HA Soundwave, Deluxe Leadfoot, Wheeljack, and Soundwave, I don't really give a crap. I was over the movie toys when the end credits rolled for ROTF. If this means our shelves will be full of Generations instead, I welcome the news.

Paul Agnew
13th February 2012, 08:13 AM
There is still hope of a future release in the Movie Trilogy line, right?

Right?

liegeprime
13th February 2012, 08:17 AM

Right?

Somehow I envision you saying that in a cracking, choking voice while briskly pacing about and rubbing your hands nervously while sweating like mad..... better get them online now, while cheap - I just saw DOTM Que on ebay for $100.:eek:

swoop
13th February 2012, 09:06 AM
I read the news this morning and 5 minutes later I brought deluxe soundwave and ha soundwave shipped for under $100. I doubt that I would be able to get it that cheap this time tomorrow. I only found one que and that was the one liege already mentioned for $100, I won't be paying that much for it under any circumstance.

I'll have to try and track down a cheap leadfoot next week. Fingers crossed

Shirokaze
13th February 2012, 09:18 AM
Makes me wish I'd picked the whole lot up in Japan; all stores had enormous amounts of the deluxes and I'd say were borderline shelf warming. That said, the Takara Tomy exclusive Arcee and Vortex were so plentiful that if each one spontaneously became a sandwich you could end world hunger.

kaiden
13th February 2012, 10:12 AM
While I feel for those that will miss out on HA Soundwave, Deluxe Leadfoot, Wheeljack, and Soundwave, I don't really give a crap. I was over the movie toys when the end credits rolled for ROTF. If this means our shelves will be full of Generations instead, I welcome the news.

we never did get the last wave of generations though...

5FDP
13th February 2012, 10:20 AM
we never did get the last wave of generations though...

True. I'm more talking about the future waves of FOC toys though, not Sky Shadow or Junkheap. It's kinda understandable that we never got them here as the case assortments included Kup, Wheeljack, and Warparth who are peg-warming at most Kmarts.

Tallestblue
13th February 2012, 10:27 AM
True. I'm more talking about the future waves of FOC toys though, not Sky Shadow or Junkheap. It's kinda understandable that we never got them here as the case assortments included Kup, Wheeljack, and Warparth who are peg-warming at most Kmarts.

Remember how we were convinvced we'd never see those toys?

Also all thse cancellations suck. I can live without Soundwave and Que becuase I'm pretty much over the movie but the whole Prime cancellation still stings.

5FDP
13th February 2012, 10:31 AM
Remember how we were convinvced we'd never see those toys?

Yeah, and now they're all just sitting there. Every time I go into Kmart I'm scanning them to see if they're on special yet. I'd pick up more Scourge's for my army of Sweeps if they were about 15 bucks each.

Actually, you raise an interesting point TB. We have received left-over / cancelled waves here before. Maybe there is hope for those wanting to complete their DOTM collection. The question is, do you pay the inflated prices of eBay today or wait to see what happens tomorrow.

Paulbot
13th February 2012, 10:48 AM
As I've said before, given this (emphasis mine)

The TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DELUXE Assortment features Transformers characters and designs from throughout the history of the TRANSFORMERS brand.

and given

40+ figures in the Generations line in 2013

All of these 'missing' Deluxes are highly likely candidates to be packaged on a Generations card with a "movie trilogy" subline.

I'm expecting Generations 2013 to be the same as Universe 2.0. It's the line where Hasbro can sell any Transformer toy they want to that isn't a Transformers Prime toy.

snaketales
13th February 2012, 11:48 AM
So glad I ordered my DOTM Soundwave last night before I heard this news... completely forgot about Leadfoot though :o

SkyWarp91
13th February 2012, 02:02 PM
Too bad that we missed out on Wheeljack as well as Deluxe Leadfoot.

At least we have HA Leadfoot though :/

griffin
13th February 2012, 02:06 PM
It looks like fans all over are slowly making their way through all the finer details of the Toyfair on the weekend.

Right?

The Toyfair Media Event (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12962) stated that the Movie Trilogy line will only be released in Asia (Hasbro HK I guess), which will see those late wave Movie toys released (Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Ratchet, and Soundwave)... and only the Optimus w/ Trailer would see a Western release. Neither of which is likely to appear here though, based on how bad retailers here were burnt with movie toys last year.

Would you look at all the Angry Rants in that thread :p:D, ah well, looks like prices for these will be soaring for Jap markets...

That they will. Get 'em while you can.
I was impulsively buying them last week, telling myself that I should really wait for their release to America or here, to bring down the prices. Lucky I didn't listen to the "voice of reason" telling me not to spend my money. :p

And once again, the Americans are crying about missing out on Wave 6 & 7... We missed out on wave 5 (Air Raid, Armor Topspin, Darksteel) and had very limited release of wave 4 (BB & Ratchet redecos). Same with the last waves of Voyagers, last three waves of HA basics, 2nd wave of big Human Alliance, wave 4 Legion, and a heap of the gimmick toys.
And it's not like the Americans are missing out on those character toys, as some have been released in Japan and Taiwan already, and the rest appear to be released in HK this year as well. They just have to resort to importing the toys they "need" :rolleyes: like most of us here, and the rest of the world do.

All of these 'missing' Deluxes are highly likely candidates to be packaged on a Generations card with a "movie trilogy" subline.

Anything is always possible with Hasbro, as it's just their business to release product to make money - if someone there can coordinate releases and/or packaging to make sense, then it's a bonus.
The Autobot Alliance line had some Gen1 toys in it, which lead onto the Reveal The Shield line which was mostly Gen1... so we've had blending/bleeding of eras into the one packaging for convenience.
I just think that maybe it might be a while before they venture back to Movie toys for the western markets, or the on-screen characters (due to their more complicated licensing situation).

griffin
13th February 2012, 02:21 PM
I also noticed in that TFW topic, that there are people there assuming that "Asian exclusive" means TakaraTomy (Japan)... when it refers to the non-Japanese Asian countries that Hasbro has jurisdiction (like HK, Taiwan, Singapore, China... and if our Marketting people here want these, Australia).
It doesn't make too much difference in the end, especially if you don't live in Asia and need to import anyway, but could make a difference in the expected price (Hasbro versions are about half of the JP versions on online stores).

SkyWarp91
13th February 2012, 03:55 PM
So there never existed a US version of Deluxe Leadfoot with the sponsorship logos on it? Because I only remember the Takara ones on eBay

SharkyMcShark
13th February 2012, 04:08 PM
That's a shame but to be fair I'm yet to see anything past the Thundercracker wave of deluxes for DotM anyway so it's not really unexpected.

Managed to nab HA Soundwave for more or less retail price in Australia from eBay 10 minutes ago, shipping included - short of any Mirage/Dino toy (which I'm assuming will never happen, despite rumours to the contrary last year) that was the last thing I wanted to add to my meagre DotM collection. The line really has been a let down.

If you want it I'd get it now because I'm assuming all the sellers with theirs at around $50US will be shifting up to closer to $100.

SharkyMcShark
13th February 2012, 04:09 PM
I did enjoy this from TFW though

we can only pray archer is struck by lighting...so hard it vaporizes him and someone who knows how to market a toy line can get in there and stopt he bait n cancel bs!

SkyWarp91
13th February 2012, 04:31 PM
Well I just bought a Deluxe Leadfoot, now to wait to pay for it...

GoktimusPrime
13th February 2012, 05:17 PM
:mad: WHERE IS MIRAAAAAAAAGE?! :mad:

Your really starting to be a jerk HASBRO
+1.

I'm mighty glad I picked up Deluxe Soundwave, Quejack and Leadfoot while I was in Japan! :eek:

Makes me wish I'd picked the whole lot up in Japan; all stores had enormous amounts of the deluxes and I'd say were borderline shelf warming.
^This. These toys are fairly common on Japanese shelves so don't pay above RRP for them!! Anyone who's scooping them up and jacking up the prices online are just being jerkwads (and if you pay their stupid prices, then you're just encouraging their doucheness). :(

sideswipes brother
13th February 2012, 05:35 PM
Couldn't give a crap! Movie toys are balls. (with one exception)

SkyWarp91
13th February 2012, 06:02 PM

+1.

I'm mighty glad I picked up Deluxe Soundwave, Quejack and Leadfoot while I was in Japan! :eek:

What are you mad about? At least you got Quejack!

Sutton
13th February 2012, 06:35 PM
Shame I won't be able to complete my Wreckers, but I was lukewarm about them ever since they made the ball-numbingly daft decision to do some in 'normal' mode and some in 'weapon' mode (despite them ONLY being in 'weapon' mode in the movie). So you made available toys of the 2 least used Wreckers in the movie (Roadbuster had one line, Topspin none) and none for the more memorable of the 3 (Leadfoot had quite a few lines, a distinctive voice and a memorable design, like it or not). Que looked like an alright toy, but neither of the Soundwave figures captured his movie design with any authenticity.

Not getting a Dino toy however is quite disappointing. It was a pretty strong design.

But thanks for saving me some money though, Hasbro. Now I can buy the new Lego X-Wing and TIE I've been thinking about getting, but holding off on because I was waiting for these figures. Wait, what, you thought I was going to save the money to spend on the Non-First Edition Prime Toys that we get lumped with? Oh, you do jest.

SharkyMcShark
13th February 2012, 07:21 PM

Surely at this point we have to assume that its a licensing thing - you can't tell me a bright red Ferrari transformer wouldn't be a big seller

SharkyMcShark
13th February 2012, 08:57 PM
Haha, just went back to recheck to ebay stores that I looked at this morning for HA Soundwave to see if they'd changed their prices - all of them have gone $10 - $30 up in the last 6 hours (these are stores with the set BIN price, not individual auctions)

Demonac
13th February 2012, 09:02 PM
Surely at this point we have to assume that its a licensing thing - you can't tell me a bright red Ferrari transformer wouldn't be a big seller

I'm fairly sure Mattel have an exclusive deal with Ferrari with regards to toys.

GoktimusPrime
13th February 2012, 09:24 PM
What are you mad about? At least you got Quejack!
The situation still sucks regardless of whether or not one has these toys already or not. I mean, I'm mighty glad I got them - but I'm by no means happy that they won't be available here. :(

Also... I wants a Mirage! (I hope Paulbot's right and other movie toys get released later on in another line).

I'm fairly sure Mattel have an exclusive deal with Ferrari with regards to toys.
So make him transform into a Not-Ferrari, similar to how ROTF Sideways transforms into a Not-Audi R8 and RtS/United Jazz transform into Not-Porsches.

Heck, we already have a DOTM Mirage toy (but not an action figure) -- Speed Star Mirage (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/3/38/SpeedStars_TransScan_Mirage.jpg), who transforms into an approximation of a Ferrari 458 Italia but not the actual car itself, thus avoiding the licensing thing. So surely this demonstrates that Hasbro could do it if they wanted to... licensing doesn't seem to be an issue. So what's the hold up? GIVE US MIRAGE!!

Ode to a Grasshopper
13th February 2012, 09:27 PM
Somehow I envision you saying that in a cracking, choking voice while briskly pacing about and rubbing your hands nervously while sweating like mad..... better get them online now, while cheap - I just saw DOTM Que on ebay for $100.:eek:Really?:eek:
I might have to pick one up next weekend then, I was waiting on a sale but I do want one.
Wish my contract didn't stipulate no money-making side ventures, between these guys, Mandarake finds and the Prime FE toys I could be making a killing.:(
^This. These toys are fairly common on Japanese shelves so don't pay above RRP for them!! Anyone who's scooping them up and jacking up the prices online are just being jerkwads (and if you pay their stupid prices, then you're just encouraging their doucheness). :(...from the aforementioned whiny Americans, I hasten to add. We Aussies already get ripped off enough IMO.

swoop
13th February 2012, 09:47 PM
Aren't we getting a legends class movie mirage in prime? I'd say that there's a good chance we will end up with a mirage toy either during generations or when the next movie is made.

GoktimusPrime
13th February 2012, 09:59 PM
Aren't we getting a legends class movie mirage in prime?
I'd prefer a Deluxe, but I'll certainly take a Legions Class over nothing! :)

I'd say that there's a good chance we will end up with a mirage toy either during generations or when the next movie is made.
I sure hope so.

liegeprime
14th February 2012, 03:47 AM

It's mirage Gok, think about it?:D;):p

That they will. Get 'em while you can.
I was impulsively buying them last week, telling myself that I should really wait for their release to America or here, to bring down the prices. Lucky I didn't listen to the "voice of reason" telling me not to spend my money. :p

yeah I kinda went "looking" on some online stores now for those 3 figures only:D... oh and there are medications to "stop" them voices bossbot in 5s, 10s, 20s, 50s and 100s hehehehehe

Really?:eek:
I might have to pick one up next weekend then, I was waiting on a sale but I do want one.
Wish my contract didn't stipulate no money-making side ventures, between these guys, Mandarake finds and the Prime FE toys I could be making a killing.:(...from the aforementioned whiny Americans, I hasten to add. We Aussies already get ripped off enough IMO.

Yup, I put in my search DOTM Que and there was only 1 listed - for a hundred US $. With the figure sold out in online store listings like BBTS... you would indeed make a killing, selling it online. Would they know if you sold some though, you know just as a "hobby";);) in your spare time? I for one am after a cheap Que, so Im certainly not paying that exorbitant price at all.

With luck though, supplies from Hasbro HK and other Asian branches floods out with these later on since the US market cancelled it and I find one back in Phils when I go on holidays next year. There's usually one odd figure hiding among the shelves dusting away in one of them hobby shops hehehehe:D:D

Paul Agnew
14th February 2012, 08:43 AM
Somehow I envision you saying that in a cracking, choking voice while briskly pacing about and rubbing your hands nervously while sweating like mad.....

Why, whatever gave you that impression? ;)

griffin
14th February 2012, 01:01 PM
I purchased Leadfoot & Que (as well as Vehicon & Windy/Wipeout) from this person (http://www.ebay.com/sch/junkshopu.s.a./m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686). He still has heaps of Leadfoot left (now $5 more), and said that he would refund a combined shipping purchase if you ask first. (the items need to be paid for immediately, so you can't get a combined quote first - I haven't had a refund yet either)
No Ques left though.

And this guy is where I got Dlx Soundwave (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310368069097&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:AU:1123), he still has heaps (Hasbro Taiwan versions) but has also bumped up the price by $4.

Accel
14th February 2012, 01:29 PM
thanks for the links griffin :D much appreciated

c'mon soundy!

Doubledealer
14th February 2012, 02:24 PM
Haven't we learnt from past experience that prematurely cancelling toy lines is what Hasbro does best? I think it's fortunate that people can acquire these last few toys at all!

Lord_Zed
14th February 2012, 06:47 PM
No Soundwave doh! My trust for Hasbro is at a low.

crankcase76
14th February 2012, 10:58 PM
you have to be having a crack at us Hasbro!!! first you don't even have the common sense to finish the movie line here in Australia.and now the lines are cancelled.:mad: then you expect us to wait for some crap line of movie/animated line re-release and then market them as a new series and then expect us to shell out huge dollars for them.:mad::mad: and then you will probably then cancel that line as well when you decide that it is no longer profitable to continue that line even if other countries have to be missed. come on .... i was so waiting for the rest of the movie line to be released here and to finish my collection.:mad::mad::mad:. i can just add one thing, THIS SUCKS!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

griffin
15th February 2012, 01:19 AM
People shouldn't be surprised by this for two reasons.

1 - it has happened with almost every series before.... because...

2 - toy companies aren't going to end a series while it is successful. They're going to keep milking it for as long as it is profitable, usually in 12-month blocks (to cover their annual Toyfair cycle). But if a series suddenly fails or sales don't hold out for the entire 12 months, they're not going to keep producing the rest of line at a loss. Especially if retailers have stopped buying from them.
It's annoying for being a tease to us collectors, seeing what they had planned for that next cycle, but that's just the way the retailing environment works - producers offer their next year's worth of product in advance, and if it sells well, we get to see the whole range produced by the factories. If not, they stop whatever they were making at the time (creating limited edition figures that are hard to find) and cancel the production of the following figures.
It sucks, and I hate it as a completist collector, but realistically it'd be stupid for Hasbro to produce items now at a loss, when they can put it off until later if it has a better chance of selling in another line. (like they are doing with the Movie Mirage & Evac Legion toys, being in TFPrime packaging)

5FDP
15th February 2012, 09:21 AM
I'm confused... we're all supposed to hate the movies but we get angry when the toy line is prematurely cancelled :confused: Grrrrr Hasbro :mad: (did I get that right?)

Doubledealer
15th February 2012, 01:41 PM
I'm confused... we're all supposed to hate the movies but we get angry when the toy line is prematurely cancelled :confused: Grrrrr Hasbro :mad: (did I get that right?)

I'm not angry, I liken the situation to someone removing the Derelict range from the Myer clothing department. :p

crankcase76
15th February 2012, 02:14 PM

sort of, i didn't mind the movies, but i would not say that i hate or loved them. it is just the fact that now the last three toys i need for my collection is going to be the hardest to aquire. which sucks because now that they are rare you will have to shell out huge dollars for them.

crankcase76
15th February 2012, 02:34 PM
People shouldn't be surprised by this for two reasons.

1 - it has happened with almost every series before.... because...

2 - toy companies aren't going to end a series while it is successful. They're going to keep milking it for as long as it is profitable, usually in 12-month blocks (to cover their annual Toyfair cycle). But if a series suddenly fails or sales don't hold out for the entire 12 months, they're not going to keep producing the rest of line at a loss. Especially if retailers have stopped buying from them.
It's annoying for being a tease to us collectors, seeing what they had planned for that next cycle, but that's just the way the retailing environment works - producers offer their next year's worth of product in advance, and if it sells well, we get to see the whole range produced by the factories. If not, they stop whatever they were making at the time (creating limited edition figures that are hard to find) and cancel the production of the following figures.
It sucks, and I hate it as a completist collector, but realistically it'd be stupid for Hasbro to produce items now at a loss, when they can put it off until later if it has a better chance of selling in another line. (like they are doing with the Movie Mirage & Evac Legion toys, being in TFPrime packaging)

true griff, i do agree that to make these toys at a loss is not a good thing but in hindsight they fall flat due to the amont of redeco's that were released of bumblee bee and some other figures . but what is annoying to me is that they should let the main line of the movie toys to be released first then start making the redeco's.retailers wonder why there sales for these toys are not profitalbe due to the amount of stock of a single figure thats a redeco that sits on the shelf collecting dust is not the way hasbro should do things.it is just sad that i have two of the wreckers from the movie which i paid $25 dollars for and now i have to search the net for leadfoot at the inflated price. that they want.

griffin
15th February 2012, 02:45 PM
The retailers are the ones who wanted all those Bumblebee & Optimus toys. If they didn't, they'd wouldn't have ordered them, or accepted the ratios in the master cartons they were pre-ordering at Toyfair (which lists the content ratios to the Retailers). If they don't take some responsibility for wanting those toys, it's no good them crying to Hasbro about it.

GoktimusPrime
15th February 2012, 02:46 PM
I don't hate the movies - I enjoy them, but I recognise that there are serious flaws in them too (especially ROTF and DOTM -- TF1 was the best of the lot).

Also, you can be a fan of the toys without being a fan of the movies per se; for example some people enjoy toys from Beast Wars Neo (which does offer some great moulds with original/unique alt modes) even though the show itself is rather lack lustre (seriously nothing interesting happens until the final Unicron arc toward the end) or Car Robot/RiD (which is a decent show considering that it's targetted at a very young audience, but there's not much in it to engage adults). I've never been a great fan of the Armadaverse cartoons, but I do like some of the toys. Cybertron was the best of the Armadaverse lines, but Galaxy Force really doesn't engage me (and I refuse to watch the Cybertron dubs).

*sigh* Overall this is why I don't like it when Transformers are developed as screen characters first and toys second; cos you end up with crap like this -- characters who appeared on screen who don't get toys. :( Same thing happened with Animated (e.g. Omega Supreme, Constructicons) and now the same thing's happening with some movieverse characters too. I much prefer the regular way when Transformers is developed as a toyline first, then canonical characters second. That way the toys are already in existence and it's up to writers to make them cool and interesting (Furman'd!). :cool:

The annoying thing is that during DOTM instead of releasing characters like Leadfoot, Soundwave, Mirage etc. sooner, they instead gave us more repaints of Bumblebee. :mad: These frivolous repaints should be saved for the tail end of the line when things are winding down. But instead we had them fairly early on, and original characters like Leadfoot et al. get shafted. So great... we're gonna miss out on Leadfoot, Wheeljack, Soundwave etc., but let's all be real glad that we got Nitro Bumblebee, "84" Bumblebee, "covered in glyphs" opaque Bumblebee, Cyberfire Bumblebee, Scan Series Bumblebee, Mobile Battle Bunker Bumblebee, Cyberverse 4 pack Bumblebee, Cyberverse 3 pack Bumblebee, Bolt Bumblebee, Cyberverse 2 pack Bumblebee, Stealth DOTM Bumblebee, Warriors Pack Bumblebee, Ultimate Gift Set Bumblebee etc.! They won't give us Leadfoot, Mirage, Soundwave and Wheeljack in the DOTM line, but thank Primus that Hasbro had the wisdom to give us all those Bumblebees that we've all enjoyed purchasing. :rolleyes:

Ode to a Grasshopper
15th February 2012, 08:29 PM
I'm confused... we're all supposed to hate the movies but we get angry when the toy line is prematurely cancelled :confused: Grrrrr Hasbro :mad: (did I get that right?)I'm not angry.:) Getting angry over not getting a few TFs is sort of overreacting IMO. I was disappointed when we didn't get Animated Arcee and it looked like we weren't getting Wreck-Gar, and I was kinda bummed over no Classics Hot Shot, but anger is something I reserve for big things.
That said, it would be nice if, well, what Goki said. Releasing Soundwave and Quejack before yet another Bumblebee repaint would be appreciated. Living under the auspices of Takara has really made me realise how lacking Hasbro AU is.:(

Ace
16th February 2012, 01:20 AM
Devo.

SharkyMcShark
16th February 2012, 07:18 PM
aaaand all the sub $50 and $60 HA Soundwaves are gone off ebay. Only one left for less than $70 now.

SkyWarp91
16th February 2012, 09:07 PM
So Hasbro decides to can a toy-line for a film that made a $1,000,000,000 revenue and move onto making toys for some cartoon show whose revenue value would presumably be much much less?

Whatever works for them.

kup
16th February 2012, 09:31 PM
So Hasbro decides to can a toy-line for a film that made a $1,000,000,000 revenue and move onto making toys for some cartoon show whose revenue value would presumably be much much less?

Whatever works for them.

Obviously the toy line did not work that well despite the financial success of the movie.

I know you are a fan of the Bay films but keep in mind that they don't seem to be made with enduring appeal in mind. It is basically a 'get a thrill and forget' sort of deal as there isn't anything in them that is particularly memorable to the typical audience. It's not like Die Hard, Star Wars or another movie which is spoken about for years, decades after. The general populace appears to have forgotten about it after the end of it's theatrical run.

The 'Thrill and forget' audience which has made them their billion dollar Box office smasher are not going to care much about the toys to begin with and are more likely to forget about the movie as soon as it's Cinema run is over. At most they will buy the Bluray/DVD release when it comes out.

Ode to a Grasshopper
16th February 2012, 09:33 PM

Whatever works for them.To be fair, it's the tail-end of said canned toyline, and a move to the current media baby. Similarly, what with all the repaints DotM seems to have been moving slowly as of late, which in retail-land evidently means move to something new. 'Cos, y'know, it's not like it's 'cos the latest Going-To-The-Toilet Bumblebee repaint might be a bit redundant but some actual new toys would be appreciated, noo...:rolleyes:

I for one hope they rerelease Quejack and Soundwave in Generations, so people can get their hands on them for less than scalper prices.

SkyWarp91
16th February 2012, 09:50 PM
Obviously the toy line did not work that well despite the financial success of the movie.

I know you are a fan of the Bay films but keep in mind that they don't seem to be made with enduring appeal in mind. It is basically a 'get a thrill and forget' sort of deal as there isn't anything in them that is particularly memorable to the typical audience. It's not like Die Hard, Star Wars or another movie which is spoken about for years, decades after. The general populace appears to have forgotten about it after the end of it's theatrical run.

The 'Thrill and forget' audience which has made them their billion dollar Box office smasher are not going to care much about the toys to begin with and are more likely to forget about the movie as soon as it's Cinema run is over. At most they will buy the Bluray/DVD release when it comes out.

That's actually a good point. And though you are right in that I am a fan of the Bay films, I do think ROTF and DOTM weren't good but only like the toys.

RagingBull
16th February 2012, 11:11 PM
nooooo! i saw the news yesterday and lost the plot.
im a real fanboy of the movie lines and now to not be able to complete the cast.
i hate not being able to complete something i want to so much. errrrr dam you hasbro, hopefully we get them later on as takara or classics/universe

Ode to a Grasshopper
16th February 2012, 11:57 PM
Takara put them out in Japan. It's just the trick of finding them at not-ridiculous prices.
Easy for me, harder for you guys.
Sorry I can't help some of you out:(, but the contract says no and I really like this job.
Today I got to get a class of fifth-graders to say "I eat mushi", mushi being Japanese for bugs.:D

griffin
17th February 2012, 01:43 AM
As Kup had said, successful movie does not equal successful merchandise (toys in our case). Just look at Cars or the first Toy Story - those were shelfwarming until the second one 10 years later.
Actually, it seems that just about any movie that released action-figures to cash in on it, failed. Star Wars would probably be the one exception I can think of.

AJ_Prime
18th February 2012, 01:11 AM
I was disappointed at first at the news of the cancellation of the last wave, I quite enjoyed most of the DotM movie toy line. Part of me would still like HA Soundwave, but the current prices have turned me off. Also I think that for the price they could've at least painted it silver instead of leaving it Hasbro grey.

The deluxe soundwave I liked at first, but the back kibble is just ugly and lazy IMO. The Que/Wheeljack appealed at one point, but now, meh.

So in a way I figure Hasbro have done me yet another favour by saving me some money that has now been directed towards purchasing some of the FE Prime figures (because wtf is up with those RID versions?)

Bumbleb33
18th February 2012, 01:15 AM
FYI I emailed Robot Kingdom the other day, they stated that Dlx Leadfoot would be back in stock shortly, which they have now fulfilled, unfortunately he's $39 odd but if you are chasing him, nows the time, as for Que and Dlx Soundwave they have no short term plans of restocking him.