PDA

View Full Version : TF Animated Episode 25 - Autoboot Camp

Pulse
4th June 2008, 10:38 AM
Not sure if you guys are aware, but our Youtube Mate has uploaded this episode as it was shown over in the UK.

Unlike those episodes shown in Dubai, This episode is excellent quality & it's in English - Yay!!! :D

Will definitely be watching it later this arvo (supposedly there's quite a few new characters :)).

iceburn
4th June 2008, 10:56 AM
ohh that's fast. i just watched S.U.V yesterday and will be keen for this today

Robzy
4th June 2008, 11:32 AM
Cool! Thanks for posting... I'll check it out later! :)

Pulse
4th June 2008, 07:27 PM
Bloody Awesome! Now that was one hell of an episode!

Even though most of the episode revolved around one long flashback scene, It was very well done! The seeds sown during the flashbacks & the present with BB & Bulkhead have got me incredibly looking forward to where all this is going... :D

A couple of observations... The Drill Instructor mentality fits extremely well into Sentinel's personality :p, Wasp's Alt mode was a vehicle back on Cybertron? Ironhide was orange? and Shockwave was a spy? (Nice touch on the mass-shifting ability :D)

Oh & we also see Cliffjumper - Woo Hoo!!! :)

Bloody Brilliant Episode!

I'd give it a 9 & a half out of 10! :p

Robzy
5th June 2008, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I reeeeeaaaalllllllllllyyyyy liked this episode!! (no, really!)

The faint sounds of Corey Burton's Shockwave was enough for me! :o

Tober
5th June 2008, 06:25 AM
" SLAG YEAH!! "

That was pretty good :)

Ironhide, Cliffjumper(?), Longarm, Shockwave, Wasp(inator)...

I Wonder what they meant abut Bumblebee being a "hybrid" tho...:confused:

+1 No Sari

MV75
5th June 2008, 11:34 AM
Err, what? Two episodes early?

I found the torrents, so whee! Off I go. :)

Well I just got the black friday episode, (man I love getting these within 10 minutes), excellent quality and no annoying intrusive promo crap that I could notice after a quick skim through it. I wish this guy could do all the episodes. :)

The autoboot camp just finished as I typed the above, same again, excellent quality.
________
MAZDA L PLATFORM (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_L_platform)

i_amtrunks
5th June 2008, 11:58 AM
It's trying to find the time to watch them at work thats the hard part!

Apparently we are in for 2 other new episodes this week from the UK as well.
This time next week they should be all out of new Episodes.

MV75
5th June 2008, 12:01 PM
It's trying to find the time to watch them at work thats the hard part!

Apparently we are in for 2 other new episodes this week from the UK as well.
This time next week they should be all out of new Episodes.

Yea, I'll probably watch them tonight. Thanks for the heads up for next week too. :) The last two episodes are what I'm really looking forward to seeing.
________
Marijuana (http://www.youtube.com/dispensaries)

i_amtrunks
5th June 2008, 02:15 PM
It was a decent episode, considering it focuses purely on Bumblebee, who has had some of the least entertaining episodes of the series run.

I've read plenty of other people claiming this episode to be up with their favourites, but I just didnt like it all that much. Even though it was setting up for a later payoff, the episode felt wasted to me because:
a) Bumblebee NEVER learns from his mistakes. being too fast, loud, stupid, going alone etc, we have seen Bumblebee do it in the past, and then he supposedly "learns" only to do the same thing a few episodes later.
b) they did the tacky "what they were looking for was around the bend" stunt.
c) Bulkhead really being that thick/wanting to be Bumblebee's friends in camp felt forced. Ironhide seemed to be the true thickee of the 5 though.

On the upside anytime Sentinel gets axed is good in my book!

kup
6th June 2008, 10:01 PM
I enjoyed this episode, it was fun and interesting although I saw the ending plot 'twist' coming within the first 5 minutes.

Waspinator kind of reminded me of BW Waspinator's cybertronian form in robot mode.

I don't mind the 'mold' brother thing as this concept was originally hinted in G1 but never explored.

I liked this episode very much although plot wise it was nothing special. The slapstick with Sentinel got old quickly but it wasn't too bad.

Looks like for the most part the pattern is that traditionaly 'old' G1 veteran bots have been made 'young' characters in Animated.

I love the concept of 'Transformups' :D

Paulbot
8th June 2008, 10:42 AM
I love the "Transformups" too.

I also really like the idea of Bumblebee and Wasp(inator?) having similar looks "from the "same mold" and sharing the stinger weapons. It makes a lot of sense. Shame they could never use the name Bumblebee during Beast Wars or might have got a Maximal repaint of Waspinator.

SilverDragon
10th June 2008, 05:27 PM
I've read plenty of other people claiming this episode to be up with their favourites, but I just didnt like it all that much. Even though it was setting up for a later payoff, the episode felt wasted to me because:
a) Bumblebee NEVER learns from his mistakes. being too fast, loud, stupid, going alone etc, we have seen Bumblebee do it in the past, and then he supposedly "learns" only to do the same thing a few episodes later.
b) they did the tacky "what they were looking for was around the bend" stunt.
c) Bulkhead really being that thick/wanting to be Bumblebee's friends in camp felt forced. Ironhide seemed to be the true thickee of the 5 though.

That's pretty much what I though, bar (c). They should focus on someone like Optimus or Ratchet, who haven't all that many episodes about them. Or, better yet, do an entire episode from the Decepticons POV.

MV75
10th June 2008, 05:34 PM
That's pretty much what I though, bar (c). They should focus on someone like Optimus or Ratchet, who haven't all that many episodes about them. Or, better yet, do an entire episode from the Decepticons POV.

I just saw this ep just before, pretty good, and the one after it was pretty good too.

And yes, I'd like to see a "megatron begins" type of episode too, on where he came from to how he began the decepticon revolt.

Those comics last year didn't really help as I couldn't tell who was who, doing what to whom most of the time due to the animation.
________
Cannabis News (http://potwire.com)

STL
4th July 2008, 12:04 AM
I enjoyed this episode, it was fun and interesting although I saw the ending plot 'twist' coming within the first 5 minutes.

+1! The only thing that surprised me was the who! I thought reflector or someone a bit more discreet but hey Shocky works fine too. I don't like the lack of purple tho :(

Waspinator kind of reminded me of BW Waspinator's cybertronian form in robot mode.

Ah, I was thinking at the start "Nooooo" he's not the Waspinator we know and love but by the end I felt sorry for the poor bugger.

[QUOTE=kup;25936]
I love the concept of 'Transformups' :D

+1!

Very good episode. No gripes from me.