PDA

View Full Version : TFPrime 2nd 2-pack pictures

griffin
16th February 2012, 03:19 AM
Over at Robotkingdom (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=379902840-1&lang=us&CatID=41), the second 2-pack with Bumblebee, Starscream and 2 humans (from the evil "Mech" organisation), has been revealed... showing that Bee and Screamer are redecos.
It's kinda good news for those worried about re-released robots, doubling up just to get two more cast character human figurines.

Doubledealer
16th February 2012, 07:25 PM
What did they do to poor Starscream?! :(:mad:

Bee would have been great were it not for the allspark blue paint.

The fail is strong with this set.

Hursticon
16th February 2012, 07:36 PM
A bit of paint could fix this but yeah, I guess they had to find a way to make use of these molds without having them be exactly the same as previously; Starscream is so damn close to being a Skywarp it's silly. :p

Doubledealer
16th February 2012, 07:58 PM
A bit of paint could fix this but yeah, I guess they had to find a way to make use of these molds without having them be exactly the same as previously; Starscream is so damn close to being a Skywarp it's silly. :p

What I really love is how they display a picture of show Starscream below the toy, a nice "Ha! This is what I could and should have looked like!".

Hursticon
16th February 2012, 08:10 PM
What I really love is how they display a picture of show Starscream below the toy, a nice "Ha! This is what I could and should have looked like!".

Honestly, ever since I was a kid I've felt that is the most annoying part of a figure's packaging - It's like they're intentionally trying to rub it in your face, of course I now know why it happens but still; not a hard thing to change IMO. :o

SharkyMcShark
16th February 2012, 08:13 PM
I saw that the other day on TFW - the packaging shows Screamer with a clear canopy but it isn't on the toy itself :(

Jinto
17th February 2012, 12:54 PM
I like the blue on BB, the brighter look suits him. That face looks like it's been tweaked to a nicer shade of silver, too.
Starscream is certainly interesting :p. His pink head fin is a good sign that if they ever release him again in normal SS colours they'll make it red like the show.

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2012, 01:23 PM
The fail is strong with this set.
Hahaha, love that line. :D

It just reeks of laziness/lack of sincere effort.

How much more appealing would this set be if they'd say painted Bumblebee in G1 Goldbug colours and Starscream in G1 Skywarp or Thundercracker colours?!? It ain't rocket science... (-_-)

Tallestblue
17th February 2012, 01:41 PM
Oh wow, how is that NOT Skywarp?
Well. I might be getting this set just for the Screamer repaint and to steal that Bumblebee's arm cannon for the FE.

Doubledealer
17th February 2012, 04:22 PM
Oh wow, how is that NOT Skywarp?

Because classically, Skywarp is predominantly black with lavender and silver accents. :p This could be...dead Skywarp?

Accel
17th February 2012, 04:30 PM
so will we actually get this here? @_@

Hursticon
17th February 2012, 05:40 PM
so will we actually get this here? @_@

It's to my understanding that it is only to be released in Asian markets (JP, HK, SP etc.) so no, I don't think we will be but I can't remember where I read that this is the case so don't hold it to me just yet. :o

griffin
18th February 2012, 02:49 AM
This is being released here... apparently.

griffin
23rd February 2012, 01:59 PM
More pics here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/additional-inhand-images-of-transformers-prime-entertainment-pack-w-starscream-bumblebee/24087/), showing bios and better images of the packaging.
Note that the DVD has 3 episodes on it, instead of the single episode that the previous 2-pack had.

Hursticon
23rd February 2012, 07:25 PM
More pics here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/additional-inhand-images-of-transformers-prime-entertainment-pack-w-starscream-bumblebee/24087/), showing bios and better images of the packaging.
Note that the DVD has 3 episodes on it, instead of the single episode that the previous 2-pack had.

Hmm... I wonder what 3 episodes they might be? - 3 episodes featuring M.E.C.H. perhaps? :confused:

Decepticon
18th March 2012, 12:48 PM
I picked this up yesterday at the Myer 'Buy 2 toys get the 3rd free' sale. I actually like this set alot. The blue on BB is a nice touch and that Starscream will be my Prime Skywarp! The only complaint I have is that us Aussies miss out on the DVD for some reason. It cost me $40 for 2 FE deluxes plus the figures so it wasnt too bad a deal though.

griffin
1st April 2012, 11:53 PM
I finally found out what the 3 episodes are, and also the name of this set (it isn't on the front, so I never knew it had one - for our Checklist). TFW appear to have posted up a gallery a couple weeks ago, which I missed, showing off the DVD (which we don't get in our set) as well as all sides of the packaging.
The three episodes are - 9 (Convoy), 13 (Sick Mind), 14(Out of His Head).
The title of the set - Ultimate Opponents.

The three episodes feature the introduction of MECH (Ep9) and the return of Megatron (Ep13 & 14).

TFW's gallery is split into 3 parts - Humans (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/toys/Prime/Decepticons/MECH/), Bumblebee (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/toys/Prime/Autobots/Bumblebee2/), Starscream (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/toys/Prime/Decepticons/MECH/). Each has the packaging pics included.

The Seibertron gallery in an earlier post had the side panel shown as well (with the name of the set), but not the DVD.
Although... the "Ultimate Opponents" name is probably more of a description of the pair, rather than an official name of the set, because the master carton says "Entertainment Pack" like the first 2-pack with Optimus & Megatron.
Eh... I'll just use both on the Checklist.

GoktimusPrime
2nd April 2012, 01:00 PM
So it's Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Ultimate Opponents Entertainment Pack Bumblebee and Starscream... or TFPRiDUOEP :p