PDA

View Full Version : MP04 Convoy with Trailer now out in Target.

griffin
4th June 2008, 02:58 PM
Posted by Paulbot on the board at its old server location:

Iceburn finding 2 x MP04 at Melbourne's Target store for $200 each. This is the new MP exclusive that was mentioned by Hasbro at the ToyFair a few months ago.

It was supposed to be MP01. The Hasbro Marketting manager went off and 'confirmed' it as being the one *without* the trailer. Good I guess, if the price comes down a bit though. It's something recommended for those who don't yet have it.

Soundwarp
4th June 2008, 03:13 PM
Look out Target here i come

STL
4th June 2008, 03:13 PM
Posted by Paulbot on the board at its old server location:

It was supposed to be MP01. The Hasbro Marketting manager went off and 'confirmed' it as being the one *without* the trailer. Good I guess, if the price comes down a bit though. It's something recommended for those who don't yet have it.

And recommended thrice for those like me who already have it but are greedy little buggers. :p

kup
4th June 2008, 04:02 PM
When I am back in Sydney I am running to the nearest Target to lay by it! I have MP01 but he suffers from bad QC at the legs and has no trailer. I can pay a $200 MP-4 bit by bit, I just hope it doesn't dissapear to the scalpers like MP Starscream did before I can get to one.

It really says a lot about those Scalpers at the Parra fair selling them for like $550each

Kyle
4th June 2008, 04:07 PM
It really says a lot about those Scalpers at the Parra fair selling them for like $550each

! :eek:

kup
4th June 2008, 04:13 PM
! :eek:

Indeed but what I found even more disturbing is that they were making sales at those sort of prices justifying the whole business side of it despite the dodgyness.

Robzy
4th June 2008, 05:14 PM
Went to my local Target today, but they had nothing! :(

I just hope it doesn't dissapear to the scalpers like MP Starscream did before I can get to one.Damn right!

roller
4th June 2008, 06:20 PM
isnt mpo4 a bit old now?

DigDug
4th June 2008, 09:04 PM
isnt mpo4 a bit old now?

I didn't consider collecting the MP series until Starscream appeared :rolleyes: so a few others like me are probably behind the 8 ball on these!

A while ago I didn't think the opportunity to buy one locally would ever appear so no complaints about them flogging older stuff here (and helping us beat the ebay scalpers too :D)

griffin
5th June 2008, 01:18 AM
isnt mpo4 a bit old now?

Yes, but so was MP02 Ultra Magnus when Target got it a few years back. I think Takaratomy just weren't able to sell all of the MP04s due to the price and availability of Convoy/Optimus without trailer, and now offloading them here through Hasbro AUS.

iceburn
5th June 2008, 08:25 AM
guys...call your target and check.
it's not officially released on the shelves yet....
use the product code and description and ask them to check their system

roller
5th June 2008, 10:45 AM
i hope u cashed up adulters buy lots of these toys so as to encourage mindless store lackey managers to release jap stuff again in the future

1orion2many
5th June 2008, 10:56 AM
i hope u cashed up adulters buy lots of these toys so as to encourage mindless store lackey managers to release jap stuff again in the future

:)I thought you were going to buy them all Roller and give them out as presents to all the Ozformers because we have to put up with your momma jokes:p:D.

Adzma
5th June 2008, 04:34 PM
Aww only $200? I'm out about $60 from ordering at RobotKingdom. :( Oh well. I'd be interested in seeing if my local Target has some, not that it matters to me though.

MV75
5th June 2008, 08:38 PM
So it's the one with the trailer?
________
CHRYSLER LEBARON SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_LeBaron)

Gutsman Heavy
5th June 2008, 09:23 PM
none at my target

roller
5th June 2008, 10:52 PM
So it's the one with the trailer?

yes

iceburn
5th June 2008, 11:33 PM
To confirm everyone's doubts/confusion:

www.otca.com.au/boards/album.php?albumid=1&pictureid=2

Robzy
6th June 2008, 12:27 AM
So, what's in the trailer?

Does it open up? Does it have Roller? Or the repair bay/gun robot thingy?

Kyle
6th June 2008, 12:33 AM
Does it open up? Does it have Roller? Or the repair bay/gun robot thingy?

Yes. No. Yes. :p

Robzy
6th June 2008, 12:36 AM
Yes. No. Yes. :p
Thanks x3! :D

Hmmm... this has rekindled my interest!

jaydisc
6th June 2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah, the trailer's pretty cool. I opened mine yesterday. Here's my 100,000 question:

Can I fit BTs in it? (still awaiting my first BTs)

1orion2many
6th June 2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah, the trailer's pretty cool. I opened mine yesterday. Here's my 100,000 question:

Can I fit BTs in it? (still awaiting my first BTs)

:eek:No BT's, one of the best lines aound:eek:

jaydisc
6th June 2008, 10:40 AM
I've ordered 19 and 20, which are the first ones available 1st hand since I've been collecting. 21 seems a bit silly; A dude named Arcee? 22 is intriguing because it's yet another BT 1st hand opportunity, but the complaints about the mold haven't had me rush in.

But enough of that digression. Can you answer the question? ;)

1orion2many
6th June 2008, 10:51 AM
:confused:I'm only guessing as I don't own MP-04 yet, willbe buying it when I find it on the shelf over here. I vaguely remember a picture of the trailer with some BT's parked in it but I think it was the fan released trailer and not the MP-04 trailer.

1orion2many
6th June 2008, 10:51 AM
:confused:I'm only guessing as I don't own MP-04 yet, I will be buying it when I find it on the shelf over here. I vaguely remember a picture of the trailer with some BT's parked in it but I think it was the fan released trailer and not the MP-04 trailer.

iceburn
6th June 2008, 11:01 AM
jay

yes, you should be able to (although i haven't really tried it yet)

sifun
6th June 2008, 02:58 PM
you can fit BTs in the trailer.

kurdt_the_goat
6th June 2008, 03:25 PM
www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/TF/products/mp/mp04.html shows Red Meister in MP04 amongst all the other stuff everyone's querying!

kup
6th June 2008, 03:41 PM
It still annoys me a bit that there is no Roller. Roller is critical to the Trailer!

DigDug
6th June 2008, 06:49 PM
21 seems a bit silly; A dude named Arcee?

Meh, I'm desensitised :p
After the hard-core weirdness that was Kiss Players, a little robot cross-dressing is nothing, really! (assuming this is the g1 Arcee :rolleyes: )

An MP roller would be awesome but it isn't surprising that Takara didn't include it in MP4 - they didn't even bother with the trailer for MP1 :mad:

excelonzero
7th June 2008, 04:31 PM
Meh, I'm desensitised :p
After the hard-core weirdness that was Kiss Players, a little robot cross-dressing is nothing, really! (assuming this is the g1 Arcee :rolleyes: )

An MP roller would be awesome but it isn't surprising that Takara didn't include it in MP4 - they didn't even bother with the trailer for MP1 :mad:

well a solid plactic Trailer .. The cardboard trailer MP01 came with was flimsy..

jaydisc
7th June 2008, 06:51 PM
Why have they included alt mode Megatron? It seems a bizarre inclusion.

turtle boy
7th June 2008, 08:38 PM
All the Masterpiece Optimus Prime moulds even the Magnus mould comes with an alt mode Megatron.

liegeprime
8th June 2008, 09:41 AM
Hmmm I really just want the trailer...

jay confirming what Sifun said - Ive tried putting Nemesis Prime dodge ram in Pulse's Mp04 when he showed it to me, it fits.

+1 on the sentiments of no Roller. Well we could try to buy just a spare G1 roller and put him in hhehehe, he's suppose to be a small drone anyway... your right too small that may be pushing it:D:D

gamblor916
8th June 2008, 04:42 PM
Hmmm I really just want the trailer...

And I only want the cab. If you want to go halves liege (and can find one) let me know.

liegeprime
8th June 2008, 06:28 PM
Ok, will do, Just hope theysell them here at Blacktown area AAANNDD the I get to it before them DAMN Scalpers do!

k.wong23
8th June 2008, 07:02 PM
I'm only after the trailer too so if anyone in Melb wants to split let me know !

I hope they do keep em off the shelves until the sale then because I can't waste time going to Targets during exam period haha

edit: my mate who works at Target Box Hill toy section said they only got 4 in and he assumes they would all be gone because so many people have been asking about it :( If there's any left when he's in i'll get him to give me a buzz !