PDA

View Full Version : Kre-O expands into Star Trek for 2013

griffin
21st February 2012, 11:47 PM
In 2011 it was Transformers.
Then in 2012, Kre-O expands into Battleship.
Now, to coincide with the release of the next Star Trek movie, Hasbro has acquired a license to produce Star Trek Kre-O sets.

Scheduled for release in May 2013. (http://www.toyhobbyretailer.com.au/news/kre-o-wins-star-trek-construction-toy-licence)

Hursticon
22nd February 2012, 01:49 PM
Oh wow, now that is a license worth having and utilising; a very wise business decision by Hasbro indeed and very glad to see them utilising Kreo to their full advantage. :eek::)
If they're looking to take Lego on they're going the right way about it, it'll take quite a while yet and they'll never really overthrow Lego but they'll certainly provide a very vaible alternative with quite the competitive edge. ;):cool:

kaiden
22nd February 2012, 06:59 PM
that's interesting news.

my only concern is the human figures. the ones that came with the first wave of Kre-O Transformers were really crap. I'm only talking about the generic humans and not the Autobot/Decepticon kre-o's - those were awesome.

but yes, the generic humans were really boring and ugly and had none of the charm of lego minifigures. they really need to work on the faces :/

SkyWarp91
22nd February 2012, 10:08 PM
Only reason generic humans were ugly were because they were generic, they weren't representations of any of the characters that we liked. I'm sure that if they make a decent representation of the Star Trek characters they'd look awesome too.

Hursticon
22nd February 2012, 10:36 PM
Only reason generic humans were ugly were because they were generic, they weren't representations of any of the characters that we liked. I'm sure that if they make a decent representation of the Star Trek characters they'd look awesome too.

I'd agree with that. :)
Man, if they start doing Borg figures and sets, I'll be all over that like me to cake! :D

kaiden
23rd February 2012, 02:13 PM
yeah but when you look through lego sets with a few similar generic figures - they all still look good :)