PDA

View Full Version : Dreamwave TF comic

SGB
22nd February 2012, 09:45 AM
I'm after all issues & covers of the Dreamwave G1 and Armada/Energon comic.

Anyone willing to part with any copies of them?

griffin
22nd February 2012, 02:12 PM
I have a number of spares I can offer, to get you started, but will need to dig them out... it might take a day or two.
What sort of prices are you looking at?

And are you looking to collect all cover variants as a comic collector, or just after one of each issue for the story? Because if the latter, it might be easier to get the TPBs that IDW reprinted (of the Armada & Energon issues)... and then hunt down the rest as individual issues.

UltraMarginal
22nd February 2012, 04:04 PM
I may have a spare cover or two of the third volume of DW that never made it to TPB. Like Griffen said though it might be more worth your while getting the TPB's for most of it.

I'll have to dig them out though and see which ones I actually have multiples of.

definitely try eBay after looking here too, that's where I ended up getting my full set of uncompiled G1 issues. it was piece by piece though.

SGB
22nd February 2012, 04:54 PM
What sort of prices are you looking at?
As cheap as possible. :p

Seriously though, I'd prefer to pay no more than $3 per issue.

And are you looking to collect all cover variants as a comic collector, or just after one of each issue for the story?
I'm after all cover variants.

Looking forward to seeing what spare covers you and UM have.

MindsetOverhaul
22nd February 2012, 07:25 PM
i have quite a few mate.
for an appetizer i can part with the incentive wrap around foil covers:
Armada #1
G1; Prime Directive #1
G1; War and Peace #1

i got shit loads so just make an offer and i'll get back to you

too bad i just gave away an entire set of Prime directive decepticon covers :(

SGB
22nd February 2012, 08:40 PM
Have sent you a PM.

UltraMarginal
22nd February 2012, 09:53 PM
Well I'd say checkout what MindsetOverhaul has first.
fill gaps with anything Griffin or I might have. (sorry Griffin not trying to do you out of a sale. just seems logical since MSO sounds like he's loaded.)

I have the following but I'm only parting with them because you've shown interest. as such I'll have to charge $7 each to make back most of their cost to me.
I have Transformers G1 Volume 3 issues 03, 04, 05 and 06. 2 carded and 2 loose, all in near mint condition.

otherwise If you still don't have a full set check out these listings on eBay.
Not sure exactly what's in this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transformers-DW-13-Diff-Books-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-3-4-5-6-10-Set-Lot-Run-VF-NM-NM-/150761675100?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item231a18995c)one. I'd ask for full cover photos.

I think this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dreamwave-DW-May-2004-Transformers-Ongoing-Comic-5-Tiny-Tear-/310381714276?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comic s_ET&hash=item4844311b64)is from the third volume

the complete (I'm not sure you'd have to research it) Armada (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-ARMADA-2002-DW-1-30-COMPLETE-SERIES-/200715225488?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ebb8f4990)Series

This seller was selling these (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-GENERATION-1-2003-DW-v3-1-1A-2-8-Special-/140705185332?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20c2aebe34)years ago I'm sure. it's not quite the complete set, they also produced issues 9 and 10, though they are hard to find, very hard.
Apart from this seller, I haven't seen most of these Volume 3 issues for sale for years. If they are in good nick and for real this is an incredibly good price for all these.

volume 1 and 2 have been collected into TPB's, Volume 3 never was and as such is harder to find the whole story. Hope that's some help.

SGB
22nd February 2012, 10:24 PM
Well I'd say checkout what MindsetOverhaul has first.
fill gaps with anything Griffin or I might have. (sorry Griffin not trying to do you out of a sale. just seems logical since MSO sounds like he's loaded.)
Just what I was about to suggest. :p

Thanks for those ebay links. Will keep them in mind.

Cat
23rd February 2012, 12:13 AM
Try local comic stores.

If you don't mind paying more, graham crackers usually has a good selection, it'll just cost more for shipping seeing they're in America.

I think Aussie comic stores should
Cover you, and most will probably do mail order of you can't get to them.

There's tpbs for volumes 1 and 2, and volume 3 is 10 issues plus a zero issue, and the summer holiday special also contained a part.

However, $3 an issue is gonna be a problem. Good luck.

Cat
23rd February 2012, 01:56 AM
As for Armada, tpbs of that are cheap, and IDW did an omnibus of it not long ago. It's printed smaller than normal size, but it is great value, and well, the story is pretty crap anyway.

If you have any questions about any of the comic stuff, send me a PM. Always happy to help, and Transformers comics are kinda my thang. ;)

SGB
23rd February 2012, 01:48 PM
Try local comic stores.
I would if there were any near me. The only local comic store sadly closed down some time in the mid-2000s.

As for Armada, tpbs of that are cheap, and IDW did an omnibus of it not long ago.
Wasn't aware IDW released an Armada omnibus. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

SGB
23rd February 2012, 05:12 PM
If you don't mind paying more, graham crackers usually has a good selection, it'll just cost more for shipping seeing they're in America.
Just had a look at their store... they do indeed have a good selection.

Do you know what are their shipping costs are like?

Cat
23rd February 2012, 05:14 PM
I would if there were any near me. The only local comic store sadly closed down some time in the mid-2000s.

Wasn't aware IDW released an Armada omnibus. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

Make a few phone calls. Places like Minotaur probably have some, and I'm pretty sure they do mail order.

But really, $3 per issue is just not going to cut it for volume 3. You're gonna have to be more flexible for those issues.

The miniseries? Both easily doable, but well, why not just get the trades?

And have you read either of the 'War Within' miniseries? (There was a third that was never completed) They should be considered ESSENTIAL reads. They're awesome.

They were recently reprinted in an omnibus like Armada, but honestly, for these, I'd go with the full-size trades. The artwork is phenomonal, and deserves to be enjoyed in full-size. Dreamwave printed them in tpb form, and IDW has reprinted them as well, both volumes separately, and the omnibus. I can't recommend them enough.

Paulbot
23rd February 2012, 05:28 PM
I can't recall if there was a tpb of Micromasters or not. I'm sure I'd have got it if IDW reprinted it.

Cat
23rd February 2012, 05:34 PM
I can't recall if there was a tpb of Micromasters or not. I'm sure I'd have got it if IDW reprinted it.

I know IDW hasn't reprinted it. I can't remember if there was a tpb of it from Dreamwave either. (That thing was an atrocity:eek:)

Cat
23rd February 2012, 05:37 PM
No wait.

Dreamwave did do a tpb of it.

Paulbot
23rd February 2012, 05:59 PM
The single issues of Micromasters might be cheap to buy. I read them once, put them in the comic box and never looked at it again. I'd still pick up the trade for my bookshelf if I saw it, just never thought to look for it.

SGB
23rd February 2012, 06:52 PM
why not just get the trades?
Cos I'd like to get all the individual issues/covers for collection reasons.

Bumbleb33
23rd February 2012, 08:14 PM
Hey SGB I have the Transformers Armada Omnibus, I am happy to sell it, $35 including postage, I have read through it once, but its still in as new condition. PM me if you want it.

SGB
23rd February 2012, 08:58 PM
Hey SGB I have the Transformers Armada Omnibus, I am happy to sell it, $35 including postage, I have read through it once, but its still in as new condition. PM me if you want it.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll hold off on the omnibus for now.

Cat
23rd February 2012, 10:51 PM
Cos I'd like to get all the individual issues/covers for collection reasons.

There's quite a few variants, but most can be had for cheap (I got the first issue holofoils for 20cents each a while ago).

Only one that may be a bit more expensive is the signed volume 3 #1 by Don Figueroa, which was Dynamic Forces exclusive. Great cover, not sure how cheap or easy they are to get now.

UltraMarginal
24th February 2012, 11:35 AM
(I got the first issue holofoils for 20cents each a while ago).

HOLY SMOKE!! :eek::eek:
I have only one holofoil of the DW stuff and it cost me at least $12 plus postage. even then I don't think it's a particularly good example there seems to be a line down the middle of the cover that is a seam in the foil or someting.

Cat
25th February 2012, 06:21 AM
Just had a look at their store... they do indeed have a good selection.

Do you know what are their shipping costs are like?

Sorry I missed this one.

It's been awhile since I bought from them, but their shipping was always perfectly reasonable by my opinion. And it's comics, a nice flat mailing product anyway (and they do pack their items well).

I have never had a bad experience with them, nor have I heard of anyone else having a problem with them. They've always been a pleasure to deal with.

And to re-iterate, feel free to pm me at any time if you have questions etc. always happy to help someone get into Transformers comics. :)
And again, you MUST read War Within. Ask Arcee, I basically forced her to read it, lol.

Ultra Marginal - wish I still had the paperwork from that buy. I got a lot of variants for insane prices, and all in absolute mint condition. I ended up giving most away to friends (minus copies for myself, of course).

MindsetOverhaul
25th February 2012, 08:23 AM
No wait.

Dreamwave did do a tpb of it.

really? i don't have it. That kinda thing was a DW problem, not knowing when to stop trying to resuscitate a corpse.

anyway, i've been chatting with SGB and i doubt he and i will do much business, only on account of i LOVE my DW stuff and i understand he will not likely want to pay my (self-admittedly) ridiculous prices.
sorry again

SGB
25th February 2012, 12:15 PM
It's been awhile since I bought from them, but their shipping was always perfectly reasonable by my opinion. And it's comics, a nice flat mailing product anyway (and they do pack their items well).

I have never had a bad experience with them, nor have I heard of anyone else having a problem with them. They've always been a pleasure to deal with.
Thanks for the response. I might give 'em a shot. ;)

As MindsetOverhaul alluded to last post, I'm turning down his offer as his asking prices are too high for me.

So, Griffin and UltraMarginal, still interested in selling me any spare issues? ;)

UltraMarginal
25th February 2012, 04:36 PM
I put up the short list of spares I have in post 7 (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=287818&postcount=7).
It's not much but it's a start I suppose.

Postage will of course be extra. calculated base on your postcode.shouldn't be too much though.
they are the only spares I have. I do have multiples of a couple earlier issues but I am keeping them for the artwork at the moment.

PM me if you can stomack the prices.:o:D

griffin
25th February 2012, 04:55 PM
I thought I had more... I musta sold off most of them a few years back when I last listed them for sale.

These are the Dreamwave ones I currently have spare.

Armada
#1 - $1
#1 Foil - $10
#2 - $2
#3 - $2
#6 - $2
#7 - $2
#8 - $2
#9 - $2
#10 - $2
#11 - $2
#12 - $2
#13 - $2
#14 - $2
#15 - $2
#16 - $2
#17 - $2
#18 - $2

Generation 1 Vol 2
#1a - $2
#1d - $2
#4a - $2
#4d - $2
#5a - $2
#5d - $2
#6a - $2
#6d - $2

War Within Vol 1
Preview - $3
#1 - $1
#1 Lenticular - $10

War Within Vol 2
#1 Jetfire - $1
#1 Grimlock - $1
#2 - $2

MTMTE Profile books
#8 - $5

Free shipping over $20.

SGB
25th February 2012, 05:21 PM
UltraMarginal -- will pass on your offer for now.

Griffin -- I'll take 'em all except for War Within Vol 1 #1 regular (want the lenticular one though).

SGB
25th February 2012, 06:18 PM
Just snared all issues (but not all covers) from G1 Vol 3, War Within Vol 1, and Micromasters for $70 (shipping included). Not too shabby, methinks.

UltraMarginal
25th February 2012, 08:34 PM
UltraMarginal -- will pass on your offer for now.

No worries, it's about what they cost me, and I realise you can probalby find better bargains if you hunt.

Just snared all issues (but not all covers) from G1 Vol 3, War Within Vol 1, and Micromasters for $70 (shipping included). Not too shabby, methinks.

Like this!! Was that an eBay purchase! that's epic. great value.

SGB
26th February 2012, 03:17 PM
Was that an eBay purchase!
Yes.

UltraMarginal
27th February 2012, 02:22 PM
Yes.

nice work, :eek::cool:
I hope you enjoy them. I really like the DW G1 stuff

Cat
1st March 2012, 06:16 PM
really? i don't have it. That kinda thing was a DW problem, not knowing when to stop trying to resuscitate a corpse.

anyway, i've been chatting with SGB and i doubt he and i will do much business, only on account of i LOVE my DW stuff and i understand he will not likely want to pay my (self-admittedly) ridiculous prices.
sorry again

I know I have every tpb Dreamwave did, even the pocket digests.

Yet I can't find my copy of the Micromasters tpb. It's entirely possible it's bagged away somewhere, as, well, it's an awful series, but I can't locate it.

So I'm questioning myself now, on if it DOES exist.

griffin
2nd March 2012, 02:23 AM
I don't think it did...
It was solicited in December 2004 Previews (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/february-2005-dreamwave-comics-transformers-covers/4313/) (for a February 2005 release), but Dreamwave folded in January. All the other items on that list were never released, so I'm guessing the Micromasters TPB didn't either.
The cover would have looked like this though (http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1101863405_TFMicro_Vol1_TPB.jpg).

Cat
3rd March 2012, 01:37 AM
Ah, of course!!

Yep, it was unreleased.

Frankly, it can stay that way too. :D

Trent
29th April 2012, 09:04 PM
My comic sale thread: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13504