PDA

View Full Version : Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th November 2012, 08:32 PM
NIf that's annoying people though, I understand, and I won't post here anymore.
Please dont stop, I find it extremely amusing to see what a charlatan this man is. You know, a Blog dedicated to his specific talents would be one I'd read! ;) :D

Does that even make sense? What are they going to do with the leftover Photogs, Spectors, Laser-Lots and Cy-Chops? Melt them down?

Well the Spectors will be going to Scott's Trophy room no doubt. As for the rest, pulled apart and marketted as;

He-Man and the Masters of the Whole sort of General Mish Mash.

For which we will have to use the acronym "WSOGMM" (Classics if you want to add that part too)

liegeprime
1st December 2012, 10:03 AM
Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that they stuffed up on Monday - Castle Grayskull preorders were selling for something like 40% less, plus 50% off shipping until they fixed it.

And Knob Neitlich posted this:

"4: This is definately last call on all the 30th figures. (Photog through CGM). They will never be offered again."

Does that even make sense? What are they going to do with the leftover Photogs, Spectors, Laser-Lots and Cy-Chops? Melt them down?

I'm lightweight with MOTU stuff. So all this figs I spot at times at the fair, I don't get coz I don't know em. Just who are these?

Please dont stop, I find it extremely amusing to see what a charlatan this man is. You know, a Blog dedicated to his specific talents would be one I'd read! ;) :D

Well the Spectors will be going to Scott's Trophy room no doubt. As for the rest, pulled apart and marketted as;

He-Man and the Masters of the Whole sort of General Mish Mash.

For which we will have to use the acronym "WSOGMM" (Classics if you want to add that part too)

Isn't there Modulok that's like a mishmash frankenstein ant-person they can use em for?

kup
1st December 2012, 10:52 AM
I'm lightweight with MOTU stuff. So all this figs I spot at times at the fair, I don't get coz I don't know em. Just who are these?

Unfortunately Scott decided to use the 30th anniversary line not to celebrate the history of the franchise but as a vehicle for completely new characters made up by 'Chosen individuals'. The only figure that is actually a part of MOTU history is Photog as it is the previously unmade winner of the original 80s create a character contest.

Given how selfish Scott is, I personally think that it was just a vehicle for him to produce his own figure or allow (his friends/people he is a fan of) to do so. As a result we had shockers like The Mighty Espector and Sir Laser-Lot.

However the 30th line wasn't all bad, we did get the awesome 4H Draego-Man and Castle Grayskull-man which was a nice creative effort. It also worked for fulfilling the promise of making Photog.

Tallestblue
1st December 2012, 11:23 AM
See, I never thought Sir Laser Lot was as bad or self serving as The Mighty Deadpool...Er..Spawn...Er...Spector....

He's not the greatest MOTUC figure out there but he's a nice solid effort on everyone's part. His Webcomic appaerance didn't really help him tho, In my head he's a goofy voiced and slightly bumbling character, very much in the vein of the Filamtion Cartoon.

kup
7th December 2012, 11:14 AM
From Emiliano's Facebook page:

Just in case it gets deleted or merged on He-Man.org.

User onthoofder posted:
"I remember when Scott was begging us to sign in on the 2013 subscription and later the Castle Grayskull order, he was open to 'explore possibilities ' for an overseas distribution centre, so international fans like myself don't have to keep paying as much shipment AND taxes as we have been doing for the past 4 years. Now we get the message: "taxes are just part of the hobby" Nice one, Scott,... This is the most idiot reply I have ever read on this issue.
If I could cancel my sub, I'd do it right away.

Ealo Krill asks: A lot of european MOTU fans took the plunge and ordered a Castle Grayskull despite shipping and subsequent customs charges being so high. Is there any chance an EU distribution center may be up by the time CG ships?

Matty:No, we do not have plans for a EU distribution center. This is a very similar situation to when American fans want Japanese toys. Import fees are just part of the hobby. We wish we could make every item work for every customer and every buying habit but that just isn't always possible."

Let's keep that in mind for the future.

kup
8th December 2012, 04:33 PM
For a much needed positive for this line, Ram-Man looks fantastic! I was expecting Mattel to cost cut him into ruin as he is essentially a new sculpt but he does look like a fine update with both vintage and 200x elements. I am still not liking the squinty eyes on both heads (one of them should of had open eyes) but I am still impressed with it.

You can really tell when Mattel has let the 4H do their thing without interference!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?233359-MOTU-Classics-Ram-Man-Video-Review-by-Pixel-Dan

Robzy
14th December 2012, 11:22 AM
For a much needed positive for this line, Ram-Man looks fantastic!
Yeah, I totally agree. I will always give credit where it's due - and Scott/Mattel (and the 4H) have done an exceptional job with Ram Man! I think he's perfect - being a mini-comics/cardback fan, rather than Filmation.

That said...

I just had to mention a few things. Obviously, when I last posted here, I was talking about Scott's "LIE" in writing that Courtroom Ray would never be discounted, only to go on sale less than 2 weeks later (:rolleyes:)... well, he STILL hasn't answered the numerous questions of "why?". He's clearly read them, since he's answered questions above and below in the Ask Matty section... in typical form, Scott is avoiding the issue! :eek::rolleyes:

Also, the Matty forum Moderators - known for their objectivity... ahem... towards Mattel - don't seem to have an issue with Scott's avoidance. They also don't have issues with fake news apparently either... As we know, they closed several threads down for being "Anti-Matty" last month, but when I suggested closing a thread about (confirmed) 'Fake Ghostbusters 3 News', the reply was...

I don't think I'll close the thread. We definitely needed a new place to talk about GBIII rumors, true or false

Um... there's already a thread for GB3 rumours, but they want to keep this one open for "false rumours"??? :confused::rolleyes:

They also, don't have an issue with the fact customers haven't received their "Thank You" gifts (which SCOTT promised in October, yet here we are in December and NOTHING! :mad:) but are happy to promote where you can buy them from illegal Chinese ebay sales... That's right folks - Mattel won't reveal any news about how/when you can get your official "Gift for free", but are happy to show you how to "Buy a stolen one off ebay" instead :eek: Mind you, looks like a Mod has jumped on it, after a few weeks, when it was mentioned privately that this doesn't make Mattel look very good from a PR perspective! Gee... Really???!! :rolleyes:

And then there's the BTTF fans/customers who placed pre-orders for a Hoverboard, only to have DR cancel their orders right before they shipped. Yes, in true DR style, they eliminated the few "guaranteed" sales they had *shakes head* Anyway, those who still wanted the damn thing went through all the effort (or procedure) that Matty had instructions for (seriously, they have a contingency plan for when DR cancels people's ordres :rolleyes:).

But, here's the interesting part - although he's since backtracked a little (trying to be kind, I think - or at least that's how it reads) Bob Gale, who wrote the script and has some of the original Hoverboard props (and liaised with Mattel early on), wrote of his disappointment with Mattel's Hoverboard (http://bttf.com/bob-gale-says-mattels-hoverboard-replica-did-not-live-up-to-his-expectations-okay-to-throw-eggs-at-him.php). Some choice quotes...

The plastic stand is poorly designed and damn near impossible to make work. And although it was indicated that the board would somehow glide across certain smooth surfaces (like carpet), mine certainly didn't. I too thought the sounds the board makes were underwhelming.

This, in my opinion, is the product's biggest problem. It's supposed to be a prop replica so, at a $120 pre-sale price, it should look perfect. But it misses that mark.

He then talks about the responses he received from Scott when he emailed his concerns...

He told me that despite many attempts, they were unable to satisfactorily recreate the lenticular surface and chose to go with the photographed version. That may be true, although I am puzzled how we were able to do something 23 years ago in the movie (admittedly at a much higher cost) that Mattel could not do today.

And, the Money Quote...

I really don't understand why they didn't get in front of this issue when they made this compromise instead of choosing to disappoint their customers at delivery time. But no one likes to own mistakes or compromises, especially in corporations.

And HERE'S the saddest quote of all...

I put myself out there to promote this, so now I want to publicly stand here with egg on my face and apologize. This product, at this price, falls short of the top notch standards that you and I have come to expect for something that carries the Back to the Future brand. To those of you who bought one because of my endorsement and are upset with the product, I'm very, very sorry. Please accept my apology.

Wow! Just - WOW! :eek::eek: So, Bob Gale has apologized. Mattel has not! Here's Scott's response...

The HB has been a huge success! It has received rave reviews in the mainstream press and is on track to sell out. We could not be happier with the final product.

Could not be happier! That's his stance! By all accounts it hasn't been a "huge success" at all... although one has to wonder what Scott/Mattel's definition of success is... as it's apparently "on track to sell out". And we all know Mattel never fudges the sell out times of figures... "Gone for Good" only to be released later at a discounted price. As for the "rave reviews in the mainstream press"... I haven't read any rave reviews at all... let alone in the "mainstream". I think that he's over-reaching a bit with that comment. Talk about a guy in denial!

Sharky
14th December 2012, 12:11 PM
Is anyone keeping up to date with the digital comics at all??

recently Trapjaw was a good issue and i loved how it tied in elements of evil lyns Digicom and even more recently Despera

or She-ra

not really much on "She-Ra" tho but a nice little back story

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th December 2012, 12:43 PM
LOl,
What "main stream press" looks at toys? Once again, I haven't heard squat about the HB from anywhere but here and mattycoll.:rolleyes:

I love Trapjaw, might have a look into the digi comics.

kup
19th December 2012, 10:53 PM
Posting here since a lot of Matty buyers frequent this thread:

A friend is selling a Classics Voltron Black Lion - $140.

Please PM me if anyone is interested.

http://kupscigar.com/sale/blacklion.JPG

Robzy
28th December 2012, 06:10 PM
Well... looks like Granamyr has a "widespread" problem with defective plastic causing cracks in the tail joint. Also, many people are complaining that the other joints don't work - some arms won't stay on at all, or break off after you move them. :rolleyes:

Of course Scott wants photographic proof again... I love how the customer is always wrong. Always! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm so glad I didn't bother buying this thing!

kup
29th December 2012, 12:10 AM
I didn't buy it either. I am not really that familiar or keen about the character but most of all, I don't trust Mattel to give me my money's worth.

Well... looks like Granamyr has a "widespread" problem with defective plastic causing cracks in the tail joint. Also, many people are complaining that the other joints don't work - some arms won't stay on at all, or break off after you move them. :rolleyes:

Of course Scott wants photographic proof again... I love how the customer is always wrong. Always! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm so glad I didn't bother buying this thing!

I can't wait till Castle Grayskull is released. I want to see what several people paid nearly $400 for.

Robzy
29th December 2012, 02:09 AM
I didn't buy it either. I am not really that familiar or keen about the character but most of all, I don't trust Mattel to give me my money's worth.

I wanted the character, but common sense won out - and I'm glad it did!

Scott is an utter w@nker! :mad: Here's his latest responses to this issue...

This is not as widespread as some may feel. A case of a few fans with legit QC issues posting very loudly over and over.
It's easy to make up the truth isn't it Scott! He either lives in denial, or in his own reality! It's like the Hoverboard - he said it was getting "rave reviews" when it clearly was just making people rant and rave about how disappointed they are! :rolleyes:

Plus, unlike what Scott says, I haven't seen the same people posting "over and over"... in fact, the Org has a thread with more people with defective Granamyrs than non-defective!

It appears that any QC issues with Granamyr are only effecting a very small (but vocal group).
Nice! Damn those pesky vocal minorities... you know, the ones with actual photographic evidence of the defects (as Scott requested) :rolleyes:

The overwhelming majority of customers seem to have no issues at all just like you. ;-)

That's not what I'm reading. Seems pretty widespread to me.

All toys are made by hands and some will have QC issues. Just a fact of the business.
Except that they're NOT in this case! Granamyr isn't assembled, he comes in parts in the box... the customers have to assemble it! The problem is that the holes in the body have cracks/splits in them!

This is why we offer full refunds or replacements for any defective product.
[snip]
just call CS to get a replacement, and issue is resolved!

Except when you don't Scott :rolleyes: How about all those Subscribers who DID NOT get Fisto? Or what about Castlegrayskull Man being sold out completely (including customer service stock) before many even arrived at their destinations? What do customers do with a defective CG-Man - DR/Mattel don't have any left. God, this loser just makes up his story as he goes along! :mad::rolleyes:

I can't wait till Castle Grayskull is released. I want to see what several people paid nearly $400 for.

Well, Scott's getting in early. Here he is addressing the question on whether there will be a higher standard of QC for the Castle...

WE will do all we can to avoid any QC issues in every toy we make. But it does happen from time to time, and that is why we offer free replacements for any QC issue.

So, in other words... NO PROMISES! :mad::rolleyes:

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th December 2012, 01:08 PM
WE will do all we can to avoid any QC issues in every toy we make. But it does happen most of the time, and that is why we offer free replacements for any QC issue.
Fixed.

It seems to me that with almost every figure that has come out over the last 6 months (at least) has had fairly considerable QC issues. I think I will hang around at elast until the Greyskull comes out 1) to check it out. 2) to laugh at the back pedalling.

Sam
30th December 2012, 06:52 PM
Having QC issues, although a problem, isn't so bad if the company is willing to admit it honestly and reimburse / address the customers' valid complaints.

It becomes an issue when the blame is placed squarely with the customer, accusing them of being "very vocal", etc. Fact is, even if they are very vocal, how is that "wrong"? If someone paid good money for a product and it's faulty, shouldn't the company do everything it can to address the issue?

There was a time when retaining customer trust and loyalty was paramount. It seems this is no longer the case.

Although LEGO is an expensive toy, in all my years of LEGO purchases I have only had two minor issues. When I emailed LEGO about the problem, they asked for my address and sent out the replacement parts right away - didn't even ask me to scan a receipt or provide "photographic proof".

Mattel could really learn a thing or two from LEGO's customer service.

fatbot
3rd January 2013, 01:40 AM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/551776_322760867832237_22801820_n.jpg

Fans are reporting large quantities of MOTUC figures surfacing in Wal Mart ...

The Wal Mart price is cheaper than DOS customers and Subscribers pay direct from Matty Collector with no "middle man". What gives?

I am also wondering why the Robotos are all first issue (no original burst) but my 3 first release subscription Robotos all came with the D A M N original burst? ... this really P I S S E S me off Mattel >

Please explain

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/9191036697
www.kutsnake.com.au

kup
3rd January 2013, 08:34 AM
So much of the Mattycollector exclusivity and prices are 'the cheapest we can do for premium collector exclusive items'.

Hursticon
5th January 2013, 11:55 PM
Man, I saw that tweet & couldn't believe it either - "WTF Matty?" just doesn't seem adequate huh? :confused::mad:

kup
6th January 2013, 11:03 AM
The thing is that all Robotos appear to be fundamentally flawed. They all have a crack on the clear plastic chest that due to pressure, eventually grows over time.

Robzy
8th January 2013, 01:54 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/rammandelayed_zps58c0ca41.jpg

Another month, another year..... another Matty screw-up!! :rolleyes:

And we're only 8 days in!!

kup
8th January 2013, 02:54 PM
Overall a pretty lame line up for this year IMO. Netossa has been screwed up and she is not exactly a primary PoP character that most people would care about (Where the F*** is Glimmer?!?). The only interesting ones for me (and barely) are Jitsu, Snake Face and Octavia. The first two are low priority as they pale when compared to their awesome Stactions. I expect Octavia to be royally screwed up by Mattel.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z-mH01XWHWQ/UH-GluAPVUI/AAAAAAAAAPo/DTxnm_mNgQQ/s1600/motuc_checklist_2013.jpg

Robzy
8th January 2013, 07:58 PM
It's funny, looking at that list, the only 2 figures for the whole of 2013 (so far) that interest me are Ram Man and Snake Face. Everything else is just a case of "Can I be bothered?"... and Matty are making it very hard to be bothered at all!

Sure, I'll probably try to get Jitsu, NA He-Man, and (maybe) Clamp Champ, but should I get none of them, I won't be disappointed in the slightest!

Sworc
9th January 2013, 12:34 AM
Who kicked the September figure in the privates?

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th January 2013, 01:49 AM

Ha ha ha! I just assumed Sept was a little bit embarrassed.:p

I have no idea who most those characters are... Strobo? Fang man? I realise that most of the standard characters are done, but these are just getting so obscure they probably turn your casual heman follower (me) off.

Sharky
9th January 2013, 06:37 AM

if the silhouette is anything to judge by it could be dragstor

and i would like a two bad!!!

kup
9th January 2013, 11:41 AM
Ha ha ha! I just assumed Sept was a little bit embarrassed.:p

I have no idea who most those characters are... Strobo? Fang man? I realise that most of the standard characters are done, but these are just getting so obscure they probably turn your casual heman follower (me) off.

A lot of better known characters actually haven't been done. Where is Glimmer, Badseed, Scorpia, Two-Bad, Modulok, Mantenna, etc. There could also be doing cool fan demanded character variants like a much needed 200x King Hiss.

One of the big problems of how this line has been managed, is over-focus on super obscure characters that no one really gives two s**ts about. The only reason they are there is because Scott wants them.

Huge example of that is that totally lame Star Sisters 3 pack.

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th January 2013, 04:27 PM
if the silhouette is anything to judge by it could be dragstor

and i would like a two bad!!!
Oooh! Yes, good thinking on Dragstor. Two bad would be nice too, although I think I prefer his 200x look than classic

A lot of better known characters actually haven't been done. Where is Glimmer, Badseed, Scorpia, Two-Bad, Modulok, Mantenna, etc. There could also be doing cool fan demanded character variants like a much needed 200x King Hiss.

One of the big problems of how this line has been managed, is over-focus on super obscure characters that no one really gives two s**ts about. The only reason they are there is because Scott wants them.

Huge example of that is that totally lame Star Sisters 3 pack.
I bet they are Keeping Glimmer for next years subscription ransom push

Lord_Zed
12th January 2013, 12:04 AM
Who are half these guys?:confused:

kup
13th January 2013, 09:15 AM
BTW The silhouettes don't actually 'preview' the unknown figure. Nobody knows who they will be so they tend to use those silhouettes for as place holders for 'fun' or random guesses.

Robzy
16th January 2013, 03:06 PM
Emiliano takes another swipe at Tool Guru... (http://santalux.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/a-sea-of-negativity-2-sex-lies-and.html)

It's always encouraging when someone who is eminent in the world of MOTU also thinks that Scott is a fool and a liar.

kup
16th January 2013, 08:37 PM
Emiliano takes another swipe at Tool Guru... (http://santalux.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/a-sea-of-negativity-2-sex-lies-and.html)

It's always encouraging when someone who is eminent in the world of MOTU also thinks that Scott is a fool and a liar.

Anyone with rational thought can see that Scott is a fool and a liar.

Sam
16th January 2013, 10:54 PM
Just read a few of Emiliano's posts on his blog. Even though I don't know the guy, I feel sad / angry on his behalf... and yet he is now also "free" in a sense like he said. :cool:

kup
17th January 2013, 11:51 AM
Read the comments on that blog. Apparently Val (He-Man.org owner) now expects people to sign a contract sheet before becoming his friend on Facebook!

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th January 2013, 03:04 PM
Read the comments on that blog. Apparently Val (He-Man.org owner) now expects people to sign a contract sheet before becoming his friend on Facebook!

Ha ha ha. Wow, what a douche.

Robzy
17th January 2013, 11:16 PM
Scott's started a new thread on the Org...

I've seen a lot of comments today on Facebook about Fangman not being worth $25/$27.00. I wish it was less expensive to make these figures but reality being what it is, production/material costs have risen necessitating this price increase (that in all fairness we announced back in July!).

As we start looking at a potential 2014 line, do fans want the same quality/accessories and package we have now, or would you prefer we found ways to cost reduce the figures back down to $20.00? This would likely include things like very minimal packaging (i.e. a polly bag), no accessories and reduced deco.

What say you? Keep as is or go for a less expensive version of figures that can come in closer to $20.00? Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.

Scott

Really? REALLY??? :rolleyes: I posted my response already. He just doesn't get it! Others in the thread have noted that only FOUR PEOPLE complained on facebook before Scott started this thread. Four people! That is all! So, clearly (as I stated) Scott has an agenda already in mind and will pretend that he's "The Hero" again. I'll bet Mattel's told him to scrap the line, or get rid of packaging. How on earth is the packaging the reason figures cost more in 2013? :rolleyes: How about the shipping?!! It's cheaper (and FASTER) for me to buy the figures from third parties. Mattel and DR are taking almost 2 months to deliver figures to Oz now. And why do we suddenly have to pay 2013 prices for old figures from 2009?

Mattel keep serving dirt and calling it pepper! You can't cry wold and screw people over again and again and expect them to keep taking it! :mad:

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th January 2013, 01:46 AM
Oh dear, I see the terror tactics for the 2014 subscription have begun already! Someone should perhaps point toygru to those pictures of Robots at $13...

Looks like the end of Motuc is nigh. AS for asking if fans want quality of the line today, I suspect they want the quality the line USED to be. As far as I have read the quality has dropped anyway.

Sheesh. Good luck MOTUC fans.

Who's Fangman anyway?

Tallestblue
18th January 2013, 05:53 PM
Y'know. I'm subscribing and all this year...but...

Who gives a Sh*t at this point? It's all just B.S. from Mattel now.

kurdt_the_goat
25th January 2013, 02:55 PM
Thought i'd post this here since it's about Digital River who handle the Matty Collector site...

http://www.namco.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13057

To summarize, people are having a hard time getting their preorders of a game, whilst an Ebay seller is selling hundreds of copies for huge margin - all procured direct from DR!

kup
25th January 2013, 03:05 PM
Given all the dramas from DR at Mattycollector, Dodginess is not surprising.

Robzy
25th January 2013, 09:07 PM
Thought i'd post this here since it's about Digital River who handle the Matty Collector site...

http://www.namco.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13057

To summarize, people are having a hard time getting their preorders of a game, whilst an Ebay seller is selling hundreds of copies for huge margin - all procured direct from DR!
This should be a thread over at The Org!! Mind you, I had posts deleted the other day for suggesting Scott's thread be closed because it served no purpose to the community (except creating more fear with "scare tactics") :rolleyes:

In other news (according to Pixel Dan)...

If you’re a fan who has cut back on your MOTUC purchases, or if you have ceased purchasing MOTUC altogether, Mattel’s own Scott “ToyGuru” Neitlich wants to know why.

The Org has started a Poll, which is right here! (http://he-man.org/polls/2013-motuc-poll/) I wish there was an option for 'All of the Above" :D At least it gives people the chance to select "Other" and write "because Scott is a rude, condescending scaremonger who shifts the blame from himself but takes credit for things he hasn't done!"... or something like that ;)

I also love how he's using the Org for "official" polls and feedback now... obviously the "Matty" experiment had failed!

kup
26th January 2013, 11:55 AM
I wrote 'Other - All of the above'.

Robzy
6th February 2013, 07:59 PM
More from Emiliano... Looks like Scott might be a thief! (http://santalux.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/the-final-insult.html)

Scott is nothing but bad news for MOTU. We all know he's a liar (that's been proven dozens of times)! And having met him (and observed him) in person last year, I can vouch for the fact that he's a "mean" person off-camera. He's really only interested in being a toy business "celebrity" than anything else. Maybe he has no limits to how low he'll go..?!

Tallestblue
6th February 2013, 09:16 PM
Wait, no. I can't really follow what Emiliano is trying to say.

Basically OH AND SPOILER-

ORKO being a traitor is actually a ruse, one created by Scott to steal Emiliano's ideas that Mattel (Admittedly using underhanded legal bullying) took from him? It seems confusing and could potentially lead to a lot of trouble for Emiliano.

kup
6th February 2013, 09:59 PM
Wait, no. I can't really follow what Emiliano is trying to say.

Basically OH AND SPOILER-

ORKO being a traitor is actually a ruse, one created by Scott to steal Emiliano's ideas that Mattel (Admittedly using underhanded legal bullying) took from him? It seems confusing and could potentially lead to a lot of trouble for Emiliano.

Orko turning out to be the most evil EVIL in the world is dumb regardless of who thought of it.

Robzy
6th February 2013, 11:21 PM
Orko turning out to be the most evil EVIL in the world is dumb regardless of who thought of it.

Exactly. That's what Emiliano is saying... They took his concept (which Scott evidently "owns" now) and basterdized it.

fatbot
8th February 2013, 12:52 PM
http://www.collector-actionfigures.com/dash/blog/sneak-peek-photos-of-mattels-toy-fair-reveals/

Mantenna, Batros, New Adventures He-Man, Castaspella, Shakoti

Sharky
8th February 2013, 01:03 PM
http://www.collector-actionfigures.com/dash/blog/sneak-peek-photos-of-mattels-toy-fair-reveals/

Mantenna, Batros, New Adventures He-Man, Castaspella, Shakoti

ooo i like mantenna

fatbot
8th February 2013, 01:09 PM
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/521887_10200585590071236_1211539514_n.jpg

Tallestblue
8th February 2013, 03:07 PM
So awesome! tghe only two i don't care about are Icer and Batros. Everything else is just gold. And who did that shonky photoshop job with Clawful on the jawbridge? of all the characters....

kup
8th February 2013, 03:43 PM
Mantenna certainly awesome, has a 200x vibe. Castaspella is cool but destined to be screwed up by Matty (seems to be the norm with pop figures) and Shokoti is cool too.

However disappointed at the lack of Scorpia.

Robzy
8th February 2013, 06:16 PM
Mantenna, NA He-man and CG look good to me!

I wonder if Scott will be angry that these have been accidentally leaked a few days early?! Apparently someone at Mattycollector stuffed up... SHOCK! :eek:

kup
8th February 2013, 07:22 PM
Mantenna, NA He-man and CG look good to me!

I wonder if Scott will be angry that these have been accidentally leaked a few days early?! Apparently someone at Mattycollector stuffed up... SHOCK! :eek:

I don't think he would care, really. The stuff he cares about are things that would boost his 'PR' image.

These are clearly 4H prototypes. Let's see what happens to them once they go through the Matty mill.

Sky Shadow
11th February 2013, 10:56 AM
Castaspella's my favourite POP girl, and I prefer her in these colours and this design (the style guide/FILMation/picture book one) so this is love. Interesting that a line that supposedly couldn't even support one subscription can now support two. :rolleyes:

Robzy
11th February 2013, 05:30 PM
CG looks pretty good. Despite what Scott states, it's definitely smaller than what was "promised". Still, I'm pretty happy.

The Filmation Sub is great news for me... I hate Filmation! :p:D So I don't have to waste my time/money with that!! Yay!

Mantenna and NA He-man look good. The rest... well, let's just say, I'm glad the Transfomers MP line is going strong! That will be my new "Classics"! :)

Interesting that a line that supposedly couldn't even support one subscription can now support two. :rolleyes:
Exactly! I thought the same thing... wait til the 2014 Sub(s) drive, when things will get "dire" again!

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th February 2013, 06:33 PM
Wait, what? Filmation Sub? Wassat then? Is that the spiritual continuation of the 30th sub series or something? Shouldn't his magical 'filmation' sub just be THE He-Man sub or something???

This MOTU semi-follower is totes confoosed..:o:p

liegeprime
12th February 2013, 09:16 AM
Ooooh I like Castaspella.... who is Shakoti? - I like that one too. MAntenna!!! awesome! Im getting him! My POP collection is ever growing, eeeeveeeer soo sloooooowly :p. Good thing I'm not actively collecting MOTUC with all the good thing TF wise coming out. Ooooh I see more femfatales in the DCUC line - Huntress and Fire, Yes!!! those will be a sure get for me too!

Sky Shadow
12th February 2013, 11:47 AM
Wait, what? Filmation Sub? Wassat then? Is that the spiritual continuation of the 30th sub series or something? Shouldn't his magical 'filmation' sub just be THE He-Man sub or something???

This MOTU semi-follower is totes confoosed..:o:p

It's a subscription for six Filmation He-Man/She-Ra toys (http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/store/mattycol/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29372800/productID.273148800) - three are Icer, Shokoti and Batros, the other three... could be anyone. In my ideal world, the other three would include any three of Filmation Hordak, Filmation Modulok, Filmation Tung Lash(or), Colonel Blast, Granita, Plundar, General Sunder, Evilseed, Madam Razz and Sea Hawk.

who is Shakoti? - I like that one too.

Liege - Skokoti is a Filmation bad girl sorceress from two episodes conveniently named "House of Shokoti Part 1" and "House of Shokoti Part 2" if you want to watch them.

Tallestblue
12th February 2013, 06:22 PM
I'd give my right arm to see a Shokoti action figure that looks like this.

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Shabooti-Model-Kit-188268333

Sadly it's fanbased work and Mattel won't use it. Unless of course they claim it's theirs anyway......

gamblor916
12th February 2013, 09:19 PM
That's a great little kit, sculpted by Mike Cusanelli. I have his Sorceress resin kit that I have to get around painting one of these days.

Robzy
13th February 2013, 09:42 PM
The good thing about Scott is that you don't have to wait long for him to p!ss customers off :rolleyes: Here's his latest response about things (like the dungeon floor) not being included with the final Castle Grayskull...

We are not cutting the dungeon. The dungeon was never offered or noted as being included at any point. You can't cut what wasn't offered.

Really? :rolleyes: Amazing, seeing as he originally said this...

This is the one we have all waited for. It is in scale with our 6” figures and chock full of every detail, crammed with accessories, and ideally will be sculpted to perfection soon (once we hit that minimum number of pre-orders on Nov 12th!). And for those a little unsure, it does include ALL of the items shown in the blueprints. We hope to add more, but there won’t be less.

And here's the B-Sheet "blueprints" he was referring to...

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/GrayskullDungeon_zps03cc2812.png

You can clearly see the dungeon in the red box. Plus the castle is smaller than promised, and Scott is back-peddling, saying stuff like, "this is the Castle we are able to produce" and "we can offer two options: 1: Order the Castle and love it, 2: Cancel your order and you will not be charged". :rolleyes: No option for Mattel keeping their contract promise!

Sheesh!

And in other news... SUB OR DIE! (http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2013/02/12/315-sale-announced-elongated-man-dr-manhattan-more/) No Fang Man for DOS at all! This is what Scott has wanted for some time!

kup
13th February 2013, 10:13 PM
Seriously, anyone who was unable to foresee this sort of outcome on the final castle is deluded.

Tallestblue
15th February 2013, 01:55 AM
All this news is really disappointing. But more fool me for expecting Mattel to not screw us.

Tallestblue
16th February 2013, 11:18 AM
Jitsu and Ram-Man have sold out in under ten minutes. i hope everyone who wanted one got one.

d*r*j*
16th February 2013, 01:30 PM
I got 3 Ram-Mans, incredible. To me this is the spiritual end of the line. Sure I'll pick up Mantenna and hopefully Twobad... But my collection is as complete as I require. A lot better than the lifespan of Thundercats classics!!!

Ps also got Jitsu... He lasted around 40 minutes though.

d*r*j*
16th February 2013, 01:33 PM
And for all 4 figures shipping was $63... Amazing.

Robzy
16th February 2013, 08:32 PM
To me this is the spiritual end of the line.
Yeah, I think you're right. I've got friends who are officially "out" now. The ridiculous shipping prices have helped to push them away too.

And for all 4 figures shipping was $63... Amazing.
Rammy and Jitsu costs $30.15 in postage :eek:.... I seem to be the only person on this planet who thinks $30 for two figures is outrageous! :eek:

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th February 2013, 08:39 PM
Rammy and Jitsu costs $30.15 in postage :eek:.... I seem to be the only person on this planet who thinks $30 for two figures is outrageous! :eek:
I think I agree there. Is that like express sexy post or the month and a half post that they used before? For ten dollars I might add...

Sky Shadow
16th February 2013, 08:41 PM
I think I agree there. Is that like express sexy post or the month and a half post that they used before? For ten dollars I might add...

Now I think they should officially change its name to 'Express Sexy Post'.

Robzy
16th February 2013, 09:10 PM
It's the good ol' "It will arrive 6 weeks later, via Sweden" postage! I'm glad someone else finally agrees... :o FB and the Org don't! I believe the phrase "deal with it" comes to mind!

Now I think they should officially change its name to 'Express Sexy Post'.
Makes you feel good when you're getting sc3wed!

d*r*j*
16th February 2013, 09:43 PM

For international post the price of what I ordered was $69. I think the postage is very high now... But for the longest time it was 2 for $10 which I thought was pretty cheap. I will still hopefully get Mantenna, but I'm really satisfied with the collection as it is now.

kurdt_the_goat
17th February 2013, 12:41 AM
Cheapest way to get MOTUC fig? Buy from me! Just listed my SDCC He-Ro for sale over here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=189154#post189154). Also thinking the extra head (of 3) for Man-E-Faces might go up for sale too...

gekisou
19th February 2013, 02:17 PM
Man, I totally forgot about the sale... and I really wanted Ram-Man too...

Ah well.

kup
19th February 2013, 03:32 PM
There will probably be lots of Ram Men at the next Parra fair.

Tallestblue
20th February 2013, 11:14 PM
There will probably be lots of Ram Men at the next Parra fair.

Hopefully at sensible prices for those who haven't got him.

kurdt_the_goat
3rd March 2013, 02:21 PM
I'm selling a set of Castle Grayskull stands if anyone's interested... over here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=344663#post344663)

Robzy
13th March 2013, 09:30 PM
I had to post this "Translation" of Val's post by Emiliano (http://santalux.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/translation.html)... it's hilarious! :D And sadly... true! :eek:

As a related aside, I (like many) recently received a "warning" from one of the "Moderators" at the Org because I typed the word "Apologist". I wasn't even referring to anyone specific, wasn't flaming, wasn't targeting anyone, didn't direct it at any individual... I simple referred to "Matty Apologists" in general. I received a PM saying the word "Apologist" is a banned word at the Org because it is used in a derogatory manner :rolleyes:. And yet people called others "whining b!tches" "losers" and all sorts of other colourful names. I appealed it in a friendly and courteous manner, but they just ignored my msg (still no response). That place has officially lost the plot... which is why I find the above link so funny - it highlights the fascist regime over there! :rolleyes:

Hursticon
13th March 2013, 10:04 PM
I had to post this "Translation" of Val's post by Emiliano (http://santalux.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/translation.html)... it's hilarious! :D And sadly... true! :eek:

*snip*

Yeah I caught that this morning when Emiliano tweeted it & indeed, hilarious if only because it is all sadly true. :p:o

Robzy
16th March 2013, 01:09 AM
He-Man.org has officially ceased to be a fan site when it started handling some customer service for Mattycollector last month. I won't argue if it's good or bad, it's just a fact.

Did not know that! :eek:

At one point, he (Val) sent a letter to Mattel president and someone else about our concerns for the brand and the line and complaining about Scott.
Once, in SD, Scott presented this action to me like it was something terrible: "no other fan sites sends letter to the presidet of Mattel" and said they spent thousands of dollars with lawyers to decide how to deal with us - about this, the ToyFare interview etc.

I remember a time when Val hated Scott too! Now he kisses his @ss and the Org has become an arm of Mattel. Times change!

Of course, that was Scott, so who knows what has been really going on. I'm 99% sure ALL our problems (including all the cease and desist and legal problems with He-Man.org Val has completed erased from his memory) have been caused by Scott whining with the legal dept and asking them to take actions against us.

Scott truly is King of the Snake Men!

kup
16th March 2013, 11:59 AM
All the lying and deceit is becoming so transparent now that it's being deemed 'normal' and acceptable. It's going to reach a point where Scott can go and say 'I lied, so what?' and people like Val will be there to defend that action.

kup
29th March 2013, 04:22 PM
Skeleteen everyone! Fits right in with the new 'hardcore' MOTU fiction scott is pushing.

Tallestblue
30th March 2013, 03:22 PM
should there be a link there Kup?

kup
31st March 2013, 01:47 AM
should there be a link there Kup?

All we know is that Scott is adding Skeletor's and He-Man's 'sons' in MOTU fiction. Skeletor's son is called Skeleteen (..Yes, really) and it may have roots to an abandoned (rightly so) idea for New Adventures that Scott is claiming Skeleteen is from (no one else has seen it).

The closest thing to a link is this and Emiliano's blog

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?238201-I-finally-realized-why-I-hate-the-idea-of-He-Man-amp-Skeletor-s-sons-doing-battle

http://santalux.blogspot.com.au/

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CT6nTtOkYzc/UVMWybUMg2I/AAAAAAAACIc/zzdpNTc4eds/s1600/Skeleteen.jpg

Tallestblue
31st March 2013, 11:07 AM
I like the "He-Ro son of He-Man" stuff....THAT however, is not what I pictured when they spoke of Son of Skeletor I imagined more of cross between Keldor and Evil-Lyn's features....That is just...just....ugh.

Robzy
6th April 2013, 12:00 PM
We know now that He-Ro existed in Preternia before He-Man. So let's hope Scott doesn't introduce He-Teen... :rolleyes:

kup
6th April 2013, 12:07 PM
We know now that He-Ro existed in Preternia before He-Man. So let's hope Scott doesn't introduce He-Teen... :rolleyes:

The biggest nightmare for me would be for Scott's MOTUC fan-fic to become the official bible for all future incarnations of the MOTU franchise.

Sky Shadow
30th April 2013, 09:48 AM
Best SDCC exclusive ever: http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2013/04/29/2013-sdcc-preview/

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th April 2013, 11:42 AM
Best SDCC exclusive ever: http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2013/04/29/2013-sdcc-preview/

Wow, that is actually pretty cool. Shame they are exclusive as it would probably help out ole matty collector a bit if they were easy to acquire.

Sky Shadow
30th April 2013, 01:25 PM
Wow, that is actually pretty cool. Shame they are exclusive as it would probably help out ole matty collector a bit if they were easy to acquire.

They'll be on sale online after the show in different packaging of some sort. They're pretty much perfect except the way Rokkon holds his gun and the fact that they still only transform into hemispherical meteors with a hollow bit at the bottom.

kup
30th April 2013, 07:07 PM
I'll admit, they do look very good.

Sky Shadow
14th May 2013, 04:05 PM
The best reboot ever (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/db82b0a4c2/she-ra-with-kylie-minogue?rel=player).

lancalot
15th May 2013, 06:49 PM
The best reboot ever (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/db82b0a4c2/she-ra-with-kylie-minogue?rel=player).

:eek:Is that really her??..!

Sky Shadow
16th May 2013, 12:27 AM
:eek:Is that really her??..!

Yes it is. And at 44 she may well contain more plastic than her action figure. ;)

gekisou
16th May 2013, 04:19 PM
Man, I still have the original Rockon... would LOVE that update.

kurdt_the_goat
20th June 2013, 05:22 PM
Damn, 1 month since the last post.. i guess Mattel finally got to everyone!
Just noticed though, some NECA stactions were listed recently on Figures Direct (http://figuresdirect.com.au/), $75 for set of 3 - Clawful, Hordak and SnoutSpout, in case anyone's interested.

kup
20th June 2013, 11:59 PM
Damn, 1 month since the last post.. i guess Mattel finally got to everyone!
Just noticed though, some NECA stactions were listed recently on Figures Direct (http://figuresdirect.com.au/), $75 for set of 3 - Clawful, Hordak and SnoutSpout, in case anyone's interested.

I didn't pick up a sub and no longer actively buying figures. So yeah, they got to me.

I may get an Octavia at the next Parra fair if the price is right but really turned off by it all.

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st June 2013, 08:05 PM
It's all just getting too obscure for me. Most of the characters are all unknown for me. Plus the sales BS they have when they do actually have anything I want. Pfaaah.

I want another Scareglow.

liegeprime
21st June 2013, 08:09 PM
I didn't pick up a sub and no longer actively buying figures. So yeah, they got to me.

I may get an Octavia at the next Parra fair if the price is right but really turned off by it all.

oooh Ive pre ordered mine at BBTS already have Snakeface in my POL there, just waiting for my go signal to deliver :D They had a sale of some items so I got myself a Shera variant so I can swap the heads and another Gryphon... now all I need are some detolfs as Ive run out of shelves hehehe

Sky Shadow
9th July 2013, 09:22 PM
If anyone hasn't managed to get a Spirit Of Hordak (and his vintage-white bow) yet, and wants one, I have a carded/boxed one on eBay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281132843442

Sky Shadow
20th July 2013, 04:05 AM
If anyone's awake and cares, 'Mattypalooza' starts now. Also... Glimmer! (One of my childhood favourites.) I wonder if her staff and/or crown still glow in the dark...

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2166/36l5.jpg

Sky Shadow
20th July 2013, 04:44 AM
Modulok! I'm happy. He's my favourite MOTU toy (to the point where I'm 'MC Modulok' over at he-man.org.) And he's still completely transformable.

The Horde Troopers, Mantenna, Strong-arm and Kowl's Weapons' Pak are some of the highlights for the rest of this year. 2014's include Two Bad, Scorpia, the aforementioned Glimmer and Modulok. And... er... oh dear... Standar... a blue Stan Lee as a Masters figure. That had better not be part of the subscription. (Stan's actually at Mattypalooza.)

fatbot
20th July 2013, 11:39 AM
Modulok! I'm happy. He's my favourite MOTU toy (to the point where I'm 'MC Modulok' over at he-man.org.) And he's still completely transformable.

The Horde Troopers, Mantenna, Strong-arm and Kowl's Weapons' Pak are some of the highlights for the rest of this year. 2014's include Two Bad, Scorpia, the aforementioned Glimmer and Modulok. And... er... oh dear... Standar... a blue Stan Lee as a Masters figure. That had better not be part of the subscription. (Stan's actually at Mattypalooza.)

I'm pretty sure Standar is a convention figure.

Are all the rest 2014 Club eternia? I want Plundor as well as most of the others named, but I'm not doing the filmation sub as well

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th July 2013, 12:04 PM
Any pictures of these guys floating around anywhere?

I'd like to see the Horde Troooper. One of the few MOTU characters I had as a kid :D

Shame they still so focussed on the subscription bizzo. Means I wouldn't really bother all that much.

Edit, found some

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/mattypalooza-panel/

Blast them and their lack of photo-ability (although photos there).

TooBad looks all right. Since I don't know half the characters, I am not that worried, but interested to see how modulok works.

Sky Shadow
20th July 2013, 12:30 PM
Any pictures of these guys floating around anywhere?

Better pics: http://news.toyark.com/2013/07/19/sdcc-2013-new-moutc-images-95785
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fwoosh/113158088712042?id=113158088712042&sk=photos_stream
http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=3492

Weirdly, my biggest issue is that the 'eyes' on the Horde Trooper crossbow are facing the wrong way compared to all previous crossbows.

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th July 2013, 12:42 PM
Cheers SS.

Standar looks pretty cool. In a dorky way :p Is he some kind of homage to Galactus?

Little bit sad to see that two Bad doesn't have the ability to punch himself in the face anymore.
Evil Usagi yojimbo? Batman in the He-man universe?
Mantenna looks a lot better than i thought he would. I am impressed.

Not that I buy many, but hey, a Standar would be funky. Shame about his limited release though (if I read that right)

Sky Shadow
21st July 2013, 08:48 PM
The Horde Troopers look nicely exploded-vintage-toy without their armour:

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/DSC_0816.jpg

fatbot
22nd July 2013, 09:47 AM
Anyone here doing the 2014 sub? I'm thinking of doing it and selling the ones I don't want ( like Glimmer). I really want Modulak!

kup
22nd July 2013, 10:00 AM
Anyone here doing the 2014 sub? I'm thinking of doing it and selling the ones I don't want ( like Glimmer). I really want Modulak!

I'll buy your Glimmer :)

Same with Sea Hawk. I would also buy an Octavia if anyone has one for sale.

fatbot
22nd July 2013, 10:23 AM
I'll buy your Glimmer :)

Same with Sea Hawk. I would also buy an Octavia if anyone has one for sale.

Sea Hawk is club filmation, I can't help you there. I think I have Octavia, I'll have a look and let you know

*EDIT*

I do have Octavia, I'll check to see what I paid for it & let you know

kup
22nd July 2013, 12:17 PM
Sea Hawk is club filmation, I can't help you there. I think I have Octavia, I'll have a look and let you know

*EDIT*

I do have Octavia, I'll check to see what I paid for it & let you know

Read your PM before the post. Thanks! No worries about Sea Hawk.

Sharky
22nd July 2013, 03:31 PM
Modulok and Two Bad are must haves!!

Lord_Zed
31st July 2013, 07:24 PM
Two Bad!!!!!!

As in too bad I wont be buying him because Matty suck.

Who the heck is that purple bunny guy? He's so stupid I kind of like him.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd August 2013, 04:00 PM
So... I finally finished watching all of my available She-Ra episodes, I think 90 something all together. The last one I watched was Swifty's baby.

but that seemed like a normal episode, no conclusion or defeat of the Horde. So my question is, are there more or did they just stop there?

edit: oh according to epguides.com that was the end.

Was it cancelled before they had time to finish or did they just not bother. how odd.

Sky Shadow
3rd August 2013, 07:29 PM
So... I finally finished watching all of my available She-Ra episodes, I think 90 something all together. The last one I watched was Swifty's baby.

but that seemed like a normal episode, no conclusion or defeat of the Horde. So my question is, are there more or did they just stop there?

edit: oh according to epguides.com that was the end.

Was it cancelled before they had time to finish or did they just not bother. how odd.

Neither Filmation series ends properly - the last episode of He-Man is meant to be #130 - The Cold Zone, but they put #110 - The Problem With Power at the end of the DVDs instead so it feels like an ending. Transformers was lucky to get the three US episodes of Season 4 - not too many eighties cartoons really got to have an ending, and since most were syndicated round and round anyway, most kids wouldn't have noticed.

liegeprime
3rd August 2013, 08:33 PM
Some of the characters I really have no idea - that purple bunny fella, or that goatman....

gotta have Glimmer, Horde troopers - will these just be 2 packs again? , Modulok and that Bat dude!! who is he? I like that one too. Hope they m,ake Queen Angela soon too. Finally getting more figures for the "great" rebellion heheheh

Was there any news of a Madame Raz figure or it's just pure rumour and Im just wishfully thinking there is?

Swifty's baby looks like a dope :p:p hope he grows out of it... guess we'll never know haha.

Sky Shadow
10th August 2013, 10:25 AM
If the 200X comic hadn't been under Mattel's thumb and allowed to go the way it intended before its death, this is what we could have had: http://www.powerandhonor.org/public/2002_mvcreations_series_bible.pdf

Sharky
14th August 2013, 04:36 PM
So I just read that Two Bad is a sub only figure for 2014. This was one of my favourite figures as a kid and wanted this figure. Since I have a hand full of figures that I have picked up nothing to serious of a collection. but for those that do sub or have subscribed is the sub worth the money and is it easy to offload unwanted figures. Or should I just wait and pay higher price for this figure?

I'm not even sure what is in the sub for the year. But there were a few figures I desired I saw at SDCC

Two-Bad
Modulok
Mantenna

Sky Shadow
14th August 2013, 05:15 PM
So I just read that Two Bad is a sub only figure for 2014. This was one of my favourite figures as a kid and wanted this figure. Since I have a hand full of figures that I have picked up nothing to serious of a collection. bit for those that do sub or have subscribed is the sub worth the money and is it easy to offload unwanted figures. Or should I just wait and pay higher prism for this figure?

This year, if you select quarterly shipping to Australia, I'm thinking it should be about $800 total for the year's subscription. I don't think you'll necessarily make that back by reselling unwanted toys, since (as you'll be keeping Two-Bad, Modulok and Mantenna) the ones you'll sell are probably also going to be the ones other people don't want. It's a gamble, but you might prefer to budget $300 towards those three toys rather than $800 to those three and others you don't want.

liegeprime
14th August 2013, 08:11 PM
Mantenna's gonna be a sub figure only? darn.... I kinda want him for my Horde collection :( I wonder if that guy from Parramatta fair can get one? hmmmm

Sharky
14th August 2013, 08:38 PM
Mantenna's gonna be a sub figure only? darn.... I kinda want him for my Horde collection :( I wonder if that guy from Parramatta fair can get one? hmmmm

im not sure, as far as i know only two bad is, i was just saying out of the ones i saw at SDCC those are the three i am after

fatbot
15th August 2013, 11:15 AM
Mantenna is November this year, Too- Bad is January next year.

Toy guru has confirmed no day of sale stock for too-bad

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th August 2013, 02:33 PM
Toy guru has confirmed no day of sale stock for too-bad

To push those subs sales I bet

Robzy
15th August 2013, 10:28 PM
Tool Guru has finally officially and successfully pushed me away from this line. After this Two Bad announcement - basically a middle finger at "Cherry Pickers" - I'm out! No more BS from that clown. I'm done! :mad:

fatbot
21st August 2013, 08:53 AM
well, the MOTUC sub got to 115%, DC got 63%

Sharky
21st August 2013, 10:27 AM
well, the MOTUC sub got to 115%, DC got 63%

i do often wonder how legit these percentages are... say last year they were 140% but they may only of needed 3000 subs, this year they wanted 4000 subs so the same amount of people are subbing and the percentage is changed..

and lets not forget the over dramatisation about the whole thing.

means i can get my Too Bad and Modulok Figure next year!!!

Sharky
4th September 2013, 11:35 PM
Well I just read DC's DC vs MOTU #1 and I must ask what the hell was DC Thinking....

Bad Enough the Current ongoing is average at best... But this was bad....

liegeprime
4th September 2013, 11:53 PM
Well I just read DC's DC vs MOTU #1 and I must ask what the hell was DC Thinking....

Bad Enough the Current ongoing is average at best... But this was bad....

hmm so there is one? I gotta visit my local soon... I wanna have a read...

Deonasis
5th September 2013, 10:04 AM
Fan made lego MOTU.. http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/09/lego-he-man-is-a-christmas-dream-waiting-to-come-true/

Also the creators website is orionpax.de which i think we can all appreciate here. Sorry if this is old.

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th September 2013, 08:37 PM
Was checking out PixeDan's reviews of the Horde troopers and SeaHawk the other night.

I'd be inclined to get the Horde troopers, if dealing with matty collector wasn't such a huge pain in the ass. The looked pretty good and I had one when I was a kid. I loved the pop apart chest! So simple but so effective. Great engineering at work.

SeaHawk though looked really crap. His torso is way too huge with a plastic shirt on. I was thinking the other night how the She-Ra boys just look a little off in the MOTUC line, and I think it's because in the cartoon they aren't as muscley as heman and co. So since they use the male muscle chest, they just look too big. I thought that about Bow as well.

liegeprime
26th September 2013, 06:56 AM
Ill prolly just wait and see next Parra fair if that seller has any Horde troopers 2 pack for sale. With all the hullaballoo with Matty's that you guys go thru Im glad there's a 3rd party seller alternative. Need me some troopers to bulk up the horde even more - the Rebels need some target practice hehehe.:D

fatbot
16th October 2013, 11:21 PM
Well Extandar & Flogg were revealed at NYCC, that makes another two for me to flog off when they arrive.

GoktimusPrime
20th October 2013, 10:54 AM
As some of you may already know, Lou Scheimer has recently passed away. :(
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/animators/r-i-p-filmation-co-founder-lou-scheimer-89971.html

fatbot
3rd November 2013, 08:28 AM
Flutterina:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/2013_Comickaze/Mattel/Day_2/Flutterina_03__scaled_600.jpg

NA Skeletor & a new head on Faker:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p480x480/5136_10151966587489844_591909990_n.jpg

more pics http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=album&dispsize=600&album=2013_Comickaze/Mattel/Day_2&start=0&sl=21352

fatbot
4th November 2013, 08:19 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/999595_615427801832935_2059942363_n.jpg

kup
5th November 2013, 04:42 PM
What does Madame Razz look like?

Hursticon
5th November 2013, 06:08 PM
Man... :(

That Skeletor looks absolutely friggin' badass! - I'm surprised how well the different design aesthetic translated to the "older" type. :eek:

Still gotta try & get a hold of a Snakeface at some point. :o

fatbot
5th November 2013, 06:38 PM
What does Madame Razz look like?

no reveals yet.

All I know is I have two more figures to offload next year

Sharky
5th November 2013, 08:18 PM
no reveals yet.

is next years shapping up to be a little POP Heavy?

perhaps that is why they didnt announce all the figures before the subscription went live.. to trap everyone!!! and then release all the aweesome figures in the "final year" to have people re subscribe

fatbot
5th November 2013, 09:11 PM
is next years shapping up to be a little POP Heavy?

perhaps that is why they didnt announce all the figures before the subscription went live.. to trap everyone!!! and then release all the aweesome figures in the "final year" to have people re subscribe

I don't think it's going to be any more POP figures then normal, I just don't care for the majority of them

liegeprime
6th November 2013, 11:59 AM
I do hope Raz and the others are going to be available at BBTS. Kowl was included in the weapons pack (lord knows why he's in a weapons pack) which I got, and chanced upon Mantenna, coz I didn't get to pre order from them.

It does look like POP is getting a lot of good figures coming, waiting on the Glimmer figure. Wish they'd make Angela as well. But yeah Madame Raz with Broom would be awesome, wonder if shell be fully poseable or just a limited articulation figure?

Ryathalas
6th November 2013, 01:35 PM
oh no STANDAR have Mattel ran out of Ideas Already:confused:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/yleehs/856836_10151975907894844_370401046_o.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/yleehs/media/856836_10151975907894844_370401046_o.jpg.html)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/yleehs/1402389_10151975905624844_761163893_o.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/yleehs/media/1402389_10151975905624844_761163893_o.jpg.html)

fatbot
6th November 2013, 03:45 PM
oh no STANDAR have Mattel ran out of Ideas Already:confused:

Standar was done as a promotional toy for Stan Lee's Comikaze convention. It's not really fair to claim Mattel have @run out of ideas@ based on this.

kup
6th November 2013, 05:20 PM
no reveals yet.

I'll take the pop ones that were prominent in the Pop show. Flutterina crosses the line a bit too far into the girl doll territory for me but others like Glimmer, Maddame Razz, Queen Angela, Castaspella and Seahawk work for me.

fatbot
6th November 2013, 06:58 PM
I'll take the pop ones that were prominent in the Pop show. Flutterina crosses the line a bit too far into the girl doll territory for me but others like Glimmer, Maddame Razz, Queen Angela, Castaspella and Seahawk work for me.

I won't be getting Seahawk, that's this years Filmation sub, try BBTS or mattycollector, it's on sale this month.

I have Castaspella, $40, pickup at the next fair?

when Madam Razz & Glimmer get released, they're all yours.

kup
7th November 2013, 04:08 PM
I won't be getting Seahawk, that's this years Filmation sub, try BBTS or mattycollector, it's on sale this month.

I have Castaspella, $40, pickup at the next fair?

when Madam Razz & Glimmer get released, they're all yours.

I think Razz would be filmation. Let me think about Castaspella as I have been turned off MOTUC collecting recently..

fatbot
7th November 2013, 04:49 PM
I think Razz would be filmation. Let me think about Castaspella as I have been turned off MOTUC collecting recently..

there's only the one MOTUC sub next year, unless they do a filmation mini sub in the second half

Sky Shadow
15th November 2013, 10:02 AM
Spirit Of Hordak is back up for purchase if you're quick: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/pd/productID.280980000#.UoVWJOL87-o

liegeprime
15th November 2013, 10:05 AM
Standar was done as a promotional toy for Stan Lee's Comikaze convention. It's not really fair to claim Mattel have @run out of ideas@ based on this.

If kup passes on Flutterina, Ill take it, if your selling it fatbot...

fatbot
16th November 2013, 03:03 PM
Does anyone here want Castaspella? I can bring her to the fair tomorrow if you do

Gofigure
19th January 2014, 05:02 PM
Got a sub for this year but been trying like crazy to find a list of figs to be released

I'm guessing only a few are known at this stage?

Sky Shadow
19th January 2014, 05:57 PM
Got a sub for this year but been trying like crazy to find a list of figs to be released

I'm guessing only a few are known at this stage?

Jan 15th Two-Bad.
Feb 17th Glimmer and Modulok.
Mar 17th Hydron and The Unnamed One.
Apr 15th Blade.
May 15th Scorpia.
Jun 16th Extendar and Battle Lion.
Jul 15th Flogg.
Aug 15th Flutterina and New Adventures Skeletor.

millhouse
19th January 2014, 06:54 PM
Aug 15th New Adventures Skeletor

This is the only figure I want this year. Fingers crossed for day-of stock.

Gofigure
19th January 2014, 08:43 PM
Jan 15th Two-Bad.
Feb 17th Glimmer and Modulok.
Mar 17th Hydron and The Unnamed One.
Apr 15th Blade.
May 15th Scorpia.
Jun 16th Extendar and Battle Lion.
Jul 15th Flogg.
Aug 15th Flutterina and New Adventures Skeletor.

I like the line up

But who the hell is 'Flogg'? ;)

Sky Shadow
19th January 2014, 11:04 PM
I like the line up

But who the hell is 'Flogg'? ;)

The leader of the bad guys in New Adventures Of He-Man.

Gofigure
20th January 2014, 12:21 AM
Ahhhh cool thx

Never actually watched that

Hursticon
20th January 2014, 03:33 PM
The leader of the bad guys in New Adventures Of He-Man.

Yeah, he looks... dumb. :p

I'd REALLY love to get my hands on that Skeletor :D, still gotta work something out with Snakeface too. :o
(Stupid finances causing me to miss boats :()

Sky Shadow
20th January 2014, 04:10 PM

I wish they'd given him cartoon eyes rather than toy ones - he looked better in the animated series than he did as a toy. Although he had a cool head in his Hook-Em Brakk incarnation.

Gofigure
20th January 2014, 08:12 PM
Will pull out the DVD and have a look

It's ...... Somewhere

liegeprime
28th January 2014, 12:17 AM

I'd REALLY love to get my hands on that Skeletor :D, still gotta work something out with Snakeface too. :o
(Stupid finances causing me to miss boats :()

again still available at BBTS man....

Thanks for putting up the list SS. A few there that I'd like to get... Glimmer - Modulok (but I hear he's expensive as) , Scorpia and Flutterina. Hmmm mostly POP characters really.

Hursticon
29th January 2014, 10:01 PM
again still available at BBTS man....

...yeahhhhhh, but their shipping prices are always so horrible... :o I'll check it out anyway Liege. ;):D

kup
12th February 2014, 10:04 AM
Recently I have been thinking of selling much of my MOTUC collection given that I am not motivated to collect any more. Just soured on that franchise given all the BS surrounding it. I may go back to collecting if it ever gets 'rebooted' with more competent people and Mattel stops being such an ahole to fans.

So who would be interested at $25 a piece? Most would be opened toys with packaging (including mailer box).

Sharky
12th February 2014, 10:22 AM
Recently I have been thinking of selling much of my MOTUC collection given that I am not motivated to collect any more. Just soured on that franchise given all the BS surrounding it. I may go back to collecting if it ever gets 'rebooted' with more competent people and Mattel stops being such an ahole to fans.

So who would be interested at $25 a piece? Most would be opened toys with packaging (including mailer box).

I am sure there would be a couple I would be interested in.

On a side not is modulok a sub figure or additional purchase I'm a little out of the loop.

fatbot
12th February 2014, 12:17 PM
Modulak is the 1st quarter beast/large sub figure

Trent
12th February 2014, 03:05 PM

You can't just stop collecting new figures and enjoy your current collection for what it is? I understand that the management of the line has been crap but from what I have seen there are some pretty cool toys that have been released. And it also seems like a waste of money.

kup
12th February 2014, 03:23 PM
You can't just stop collecting new figures and enjoy your current collection for what it is? I understand that the management of the line has been crap but from what I have seen there are some pretty cool toys that have been released. And it also seems like a waste of money.

When I look at my MOTUC collection and my 200x. 200x is infinitely more appealing to me both in style and due to fiction.

Trent
12th February 2014, 06:16 PM
When I look at my MOTUC collection and my 200x. 200x is infinitely more appealing to me both in style and due to fiction.

So you spent a not-insignificant amount of money on a bunch of toys that you don't really like?

Hursticon
12th February 2014, 11:19 PM
Sorry to hear Kup, as I know MOTU is a franchise you love but I know you're one of a great many who've become incredibly disenfranchised with the brand - It's rather sad actually as Mattel have shown themselves to be incredibly corporate with an IP who's fanbase is as passionate as, and should be on an equal level to, that of Transformers. :(

The key word being: "Mismanagement". :o

If you're looking to offload them; I'd love to grab MOTUC Trap-Jaw & Snakeface if they're available dude? :)

Sky Shadow
13th February 2014, 07:39 AM
Just got an email from Matty - Madame Razz is added to the lineup.

kup
13th February 2014, 10:30 AM
Well I have no Castle Grayskull, don't plan in getting one. The line is now too expensive given returned value as the toys have reduced quality. Most are just 'retools' of one another and too much of a hassle to order the toys.

So even if I like what I see, I don't think it's worth getting any more. What do I do with my collection? I am not a completist but I can't say it's complete to my satisfaction either and likely never will given all the high cost BS. On the other hand, my 200x collection most certainly is (although I don't have every character and no variants).

I am torn as typically I don't like selling toys but I can't develop my collection to my liking any more out of principal, expense and lack of returned satisfaction.

Gofigure
13th February 2014, 09:18 PM
You don't have enough 'core' characters? If you have all the heavy hitters, the mainstream motu characters that could be considered as a satisfactory collection to my way of thinking

I was late to the game with regards to MOTUC so I'm really just focusing on selected characters mainly the ones I picked up and was given as a kid.

Now that I have CG I just want to have enough classic characters for display purposes.

Depends on your perspective but I really enjoy the line and what it can represent for me; updates of figs I had as a kid. Nothing more than that

Sam
13th February 2014, 09:32 PM

Hey kup, if you have Man-at-arms, Beastman, or Mer-man available, I would be interested in buying them from you. Thank you.

Sharky
13th February 2014, 09:45 PM
i logged onto my subscription page and i found no trace of my subsciption or my order when i search for it... i had received confirmation and my credit card charged back in august but i havent had any updates since apart from early access emails and the madamme razz hint today etc

i had selected quarterly shipping so is there nothing to worry about as far as credit card charges go or should i be concerend.

however i am a little worried i cant see anything when i log in ... Curiuos

Sky Shadow
13th February 2014, 10:00 PM
i logged onto my subscription page and i found no trace of my subsciption or my order when i search for it... i had received confirmation and my credit card charged back in august but i havent had any updates since apart from early access emails and the madamme razz hint today etc

i had selected quarterly shipping so is there nothing to worry about as far as credit card charges go or should i be concerend.

however i am a little worried i cant see anything when i log in ... Curiuos

I'm in the same boat - I suspect our subscriptions are fine, and the lack of a digital paper trail is just another brick in the Matty/Neitlich/DigitalRiver shithouse.

Sharky
13th February 2014, 11:17 PM
I'm in the same boat - I suspect our subscriptions are fine, and the lack of a digital paper trail is just another brick in the Matty/Neitlich/DigitalRiver shithouse.

That's is good to hear..not that the scenario is good mind you....more good that it's not just a me thing!!!

kup
14th February 2014, 12:41 AM
You don't have enough 'core' characters? If you have all the heavy hitters, the mainstream motu characters that could be considered as a satisfactory collection to my way of thinking

I was late to the game with regards to MOTUC so I'm really just focusing on selected characters mainly the ones I picked up and was given as a kid.

Now that I have CG I just want to have enough classic characters for display purposes.

Depends on your perspective but I really enjoy the line and what it can represent for me; updates of figs I had as a kid. Nothing more than that

I do have all the 'core' characters. However they are not that interesting to me. Much better characters are Octavia, Modulok, Dactys, Glimmer, Madam Razz, etc

Gofigure
14th February 2014, 08:19 AM
I've got a sub this year and really not sure I will keep the secondary characters

If I decide to not keep these do u want them kup?

Sky Shadow
17th February 2014, 07:22 AM
Plenty of new revelations: http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2014/02/16/2014-toy-fair-reveals-straight-from-the-action-in-new-york/

Sharky
17th February 2014, 08:34 AM
Club etheria mini subscription... Then more POP stuff in eternia...

What is sub chase figure anyway...

And rioblast in sept..

Sky Shadow
17th February 2014, 11:05 AM
What is sub chase figure anyway...

I believe it's a bit like Strawberry Roll-Up Hordak - Lookee and Kowl will randomly appear on the site, but they will also be available to buy Early-Access-style for people who don't like the 'fun' of checking Matty every hour.

Sharky
17th February 2014, 11:21 AM
I believe it's a bit like Strawberry Roll-Up Hordak - Lookee and Kowl will randomly appear on the site, but they will also be available to buy Early-Access-style for people who don't like the 'fun' of checking Matty every hour.

Ahh and here I was thinking that they randomly send it to you and when you open up you extendar or two bad there is the chase fig.....

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th February 2014, 10:36 PM
Hmm, would really like a mini figure Scareglow, but wouldn't surprise me if there were a sub that I have to sign up for them....:p

How can I get one? Or two. If anyone orders some, slap one in for me will ya?;)

Annoying, as those are the sorts of things that would sell rather well in a shop...

gekisou
20th February 2014, 11:40 AM
I do have all the 'core' characters. However they are not that interesting to me. Much better characters are Octavia, Modulok, Dactys, Glimmer, Madam Razz, etc

ITs a shame Kup but I stopped with MOTUC yoinks ago. Just trying to get the figs I really want. If you have Queen Marlena and Ram-man, I'd take them but I think you should hang on to your collection. :)

Sharky
14th March 2014, 05:42 AM
Last night I got an email saying that my supscription has been cancelled due to one of the following reasons

Figures unavailable
Cancelled at customers request
Unable to process credit card.

So I sent an email asking them to clarify it for me as they didn't send me a billing invoice and was not sure of how much they were attempting to charge.

This morning I woke to two emails

One said they were able to process my order but then requesting I confirm my credit card details and security code my shipping address and the delivery method

The second said they were unable to process the order and I will receive a follow up email cancelling my subscription and if I want it to re order it.

I am not happy and confused both emails were sent at exactly the same time.

Is this common?

Is it common for them not to notify you before they charge you?

Sam
14th March 2014, 10:11 PM
Last night I got an email saying that my supscription has been cancelled due to one of the following reasons

Figures unavailable
Cancelled at customers request
Unable to process credit card.

So I sent an email asking them to clarify it for me as they didn't send me a billing invoice and was not sure of how much they were attempting to charge.

This morning I woke to two emails

One said they were able to process my order but then requesting I confirm my credit card details and security code my shipping address and the delivery method

The second said they were unable to process the order and I will receive a follow up email cancelling my subscription and if I want it to re order it.

I am not happy and confused both emails were sent at exactly the same time.

Is this common?

Is it common for them not to notify you before they charge you?

I think this means their communications department needs a QA team as well.

Gofigure
15th March 2014, 12:51 PM
I think mine is going thru ok ;) pending ATM

Anyone get a pop sub? I missed the deadline arrgghhhh

Sky Shadow
15th March 2014, 01:10 PM
I think mine is going thru ok ;) pending ATM

Anyone get a pop sub? I missed the deadline arrgghhhh

I got the POP subscription, and my quarterly Club Eternia subscription has already shipped.

Sharky
15th March 2014, 08:15 PM
anyone know what the number is to ring matty collector from here??

every email response they send me they send three each one contradicts one in one way or another figures are held figures are cancelled subcription cancelled.....and in one i asked them what the number was and they didnt bother answering me..

this is really starting to @#$% me off...

Sharky
15th March 2014, 09:19 PM
0011 1 877 GO MATTY

OR

0011 1 877 46 62889

2 phone calls....and it may be resolved.. find out in 2-4 business days.....

fatbot
16th March 2014, 12:29 PM
0011 1 877 GO MATTY

OR

0011 1 877 46 62889

2 phone calls....and it may be resolved.. find out in 2-4 business days.....

I was about to post this 1-800-598-7450 the contact number on the digital river website. I hope they fix it soon mate

Gofigure
5th April 2014, 01:54 PM
Tracked my quarter shipment to my location on 18th march. Got a pick up parcel note in letter box went to post office.....nothing there :(

No idea where my figs are. They have vanished

I assume bc it was a different shipping service than auspost something has gone amiss in the system

Gofigure
8th April 2014, 08:06 PM
Update......the post office found my sub parcel. Behind another box :p

Looking forward to opening this up. Forgot what figs are in there!

Sinnertwin
19th April 2014, 12:37 AM
Added the movie Blade to my PoL :D He was one of the few figures i had the original release of as a child
I'd like to see the rest of the movie cast released one day... except Gwildor. No Gwildor.

Trent
19th April 2014, 08:54 AM
Added the movie Blade to my PoL :D He was one of the few figures i had the original release of as a child
I'd like to see the rest of the movie cast released one day... except Gwildor. No Gwildor.

Why no love for Gwildor???

koolkollectibleskhai
20th April 2014, 07:18 PM
Fist bump - "Nice ass-kicking we gave today brother" ;)

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/6%20-%207%20inch%20figures/IMG_6442_zpsfd86940e.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/6%20-%207%20inch%20figures/IMG_6442_zpsfd86940e.jpg.html)

Sinnertwin
20th April 2014, 08:56 PM
Why no love for Gwildor???

He just really annoyed me from the get go.
I don't know if it was his voice, chubby digits or his beady little eyes, but every time he was on the screen, i just wanted somebody to flykick him

Trent
20th April 2014, 11:20 PM
He just really annoyed me from the get go.
I don't know if it was his voice, chubby digits or his beady little eyes, but every time he was on the screen, i just wanted somebody to flykick him

It was the red beard wasn't it? So much hate for the red :(

Sinnertwin
21st April 2014, 08:22 PM
It was the red beard wasn't it? So much hate for the red :(

Guilty as charged ;)

griffin
12th May 2014, 11:51 PM
Does anyone own any of the HeMan "in space" series toys (the series after the original series, that was just... weird). :p

I'm just thinking of getting some sample figures, and maybe the DVDs to see what the cartoon was like, but should I waste money on them at all... or is there any toys worth recommending?

VERT
13th May 2014, 12:30 AM
Does anyone own any of the HeMan "in space" series toys (the series after the original series, that was just... weird). :p

I'm just thinking of getting some sample figures, and maybe the DVDs to see what the cartoon was like, but should I waste money on them at all... or is there any toys worth recommending?

I have some original toys.....bad is not the word. Have watched the first ep on you tube. ...also bad. But funny

Sky Shadow
13th May 2014, 10:14 AM

The New Adventures series is great - it definitely has more continutity than Filmation. Jack Olesker who wrote and developed the series is still an active fan. Half the Beast Wars cast is on voices - He-Man is Optimus Primal, Crita is Blackarachnia, Skeletor is Rampage, Scott McNeil is a bunch of characters. I opened a MISB Sagitar yesterday - a unique toy - not super-poseable, but a clever design. Watch a few episodes and see how you go.

kurdt_the_goat
29th May 2014, 06:01 PM
Is anyone with a sub planning on offloading their NA/Intergalactic Skeletor when it comes out?

Sharky
4th June 2014, 08:58 PM
i just got an email from matty collector saying Your Club Subscriptions are Renewing!!

by this i assume that it means the second quarter shipping option is about to be charged but the glorious website that is mattycollector i cant find an invoice for what they want to charge or what they are specifically charging me for

how hard is it for them to have it all ready before they charge the card..

since the wife uses the card more then i do i need to make sure there is enough room to accept the charge...

i really need to get my own CC

does anyone know where i can find it or how much to expect

Gofigure
4th June 2014, 10:48 PM
Yep me too.

I have no idea what figures they are charging me for. Was there are any recent updates from matty?

twincobra
5th June 2014, 07:06 PM
I just received an email saying my cc is about to expire, but that's not the case, DR are a bunch of nutcases.

Sharky
5th June 2014, 08:21 PM
so i finally got a reply from them this is what theyhad to say

Please be informed that the price for the renewal for the second quarter for your Club Eternia® 2014 Quarterly Shipment Subscription is estimatedly the same as the initial shipment of the subscription which is around US$202.99.

The Planned Renewal for the subscription is by 06/11/2014. We will notify you once the shipment is available. We suggest to check your inbox, spam or junk mail folders.

hope this helps

Sky Shadow
5th June 2014, 09:36 PM
I just received an email saying my cc is about to expire, but that's not the case, DR are a bunch of nutcases.

Me too. I'm so sick of Scott Nutlick and Sell-Me-Down-The-Digital-River's continual bullcrud.

twincobra
5th June 2014, 09:48 PM
Me too. I'm so sick of Scott Nutlick and Sell-Me-Down-The-Digital-River's continual bullcrud.

The thing that frustrates me the most is the watered down 4 horsemen prototypes (thinks scareglow) and the jelly/Gummi weapons, goat man can't hold his dam hammer with out it saging, I'd rather them just be $35 each and get decent materials and paint.

Sky Shadow
5th June 2014, 10:02 PM
The thing that frustrates me the most is the watered down 4 horsemen prototypes (thinks scareglow) and the jelly/Gummi weapons, goat man can't hold his dam hammer with out it saging, I'd rather them just be $35 each and get decent materials and paint.

Indeed - my vintage Webstor has a hook and gun that don't look like a Salvador Dali painting, and the backpack actually works "just like I remember". They need to think about when PVC is appropriate and when they should use ABS plastics.

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th June 2014, 04:05 PM
The thing that frustrates me the most is the watered down 4 horsemen prototypes (thinks scareglow)

What? Oohh, Whaaat? Linky?

twincobra
10th June 2014, 05:16 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/ragericho/PhotoGrid_1402379617913.jpg (http://s52.photobucket.com/user/ragericho/media/PhotoGrid_1402379617913.jpg.html)

Trent
10th June 2014, 08:28 PM
Please be informed that the price for the renewal for the second quarter for your Club Eternia® 2014 Quarterly Shipment Subscription is estimatedly the same as the initial shipment of the subscription which is around US$202.99.

The Planned Renewal for the subscription is by 06/11/2014. We will notify you once the shipment is available. We suggest to check your inbox, spam or junk mail folders.

WTF?? They can't even tell you how much they are charging you? "Around $202.99" :confused:

You guys are gluttons for punishment. How many of you are in the TFCC as well? :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th June 2014, 08:10 PM
WTF?? They can't even tell you how much they are charging you? "Around $202.99" :confused:

You guys are gluttons for punishment. How many of you are in the TFCC as well? :p

LOL! :D ;)

@twincobra: Thanks man. Ooh. that Prototype looks hell sexy!

Sharky
11th June 2014, 09:02 PM

i know how hard is it to have "billing invoice" online stating what the figures are getting delivered and what date payment is due, before contacting them i could not find any of that information only my previous transaction so it must appear after they take payment

its nuts, this was my first year subscribing as i wanted two bad modulok and extendar but man they make it hard to want to re subscribe next year

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th June 2014, 03:49 AM
Anyone ordering anything from matty collector? I really want the mini scareglow but not sure on cost of portage for just that

twincobra
18th June 2014, 07:02 AM
Anyone ordering anything from matty collector? I really want the mini scareglow but not sure on cost of portage for just that

I want the same thing, but that shipping.

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th June 2014, 12:29 AM
I want the same thing, but that shipping.

Perhaps if we combine our powers...

*edit*
!! Holy! Just to see, added 3 into the basket to check shipping... $30!!!!

**Double edit**
So, normal international postage doesn't get a refund if it goes missing, despite costing me $30 for slow post, and yet it won't let me select international express?

Now I remember why I dodn't get any more Heman figs from matty collector....

twincobra
19th June 2014, 04:40 PM
Perhaps if we combine our powers...

*edit*
!! Holy! Just to see, added 3 into the basket to check shipping... $30!!!!

**Double edit**
So, normal international postage doesn't get a refund if it goes missing, despite costing me $30 for slow post, and yet it won't let me select international express?

Now I remember why I dodn't get any more Heman figs from matty collector....

You live at the bottom left of Australia I live at the top right, I don't think we could summon caption planet on this one. Just tried to purchase mini me scareglow, and it won't allow me to continue to billing. Fine don't take my money!

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th June 2014, 01:14 PM
You live at the bottom left of Australia I live at the top right, I don't think we could summon caption planet on this one. Just tried to purchase mini me scareglow, and it won't allow me to continue to billing. Fine don't take my money!

lol. Yeah. Man that site just annoys the hell out of me. Apparently 20 business days to get to me. Odd though, they provide me with a tracking number but then inform me it won't work.

Everything there just reeks of fail.

Now I just have to hope it makes it to me before I move...

fatbot
21st June 2014, 07:09 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10414924_10152499700624844_6892133988316055823_n.j pg

Sinnertwin
21st June 2014, 07:19 PM
Noooooo!
I still want a live action movie Skeletor, He Man, Man at Arms, Evil Lyn, Beast Man... the bat guy, the bald cop...
Noooooo!

Gofigure
21st June 2014, 07:29 PM
Crap .... Is that legit?

Sky Shadow
21st June 2014, 07:49 PM
Crap .... Is that legit?

It just means the 2015 subscription will be the end of the line as it currently exists in terms of business structure and packaging. That's still at least thirty more toys before the end, and no guarantee that it's the end of Masters in a six-inch scale.

(Oh - which reminds me - I'm currently selling a Fisto and a bunch of other Classics (http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/skyshadow/m.html) on eBay if anyone is interested.)

fatbot
22nd June 2014, 07:55 AM
It just means the 2015 subscription will be the end of the line as it currently exists in terms of business structure and packaging. That's still at least thirty more toys before the end, and no guarantee that it's the end of Masters in a six-inch scale.

(Oh - which reminds me - I'm currently selling a Fisto and a bunch of other Classics (http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/skyshadow/m.html) on eBay if anyone is interested.)

I reckon they'll start again at 3 & 3/4 scale

Hursticon
22nd June 2014, 05:55 PM
I reckon they'll start again at 3 & 3/4 scale

That'd be interesting actually, but I bet the same frustrations will exist however. ;)

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd June 2014, 07:09 PM
I'd be up fro some 3/34 inch scale fun.

Just not up for their subscription BS, mattycollector only access, ridiculous postage prices and what not.

A new basee body would be pretty cool. I know that MOTU gents are fairly buff, but I look at my MOTUCs and they are SUPER BUFF!

twincobra
22nd June 2014, 09:18 PM
I still need my ninjor, tung lashor & squeeze before it ends. Would of liked to of seen a new snake man as well, gj Joe sized motu would be fun!

Hursticon
27th July 2014, 02:43 PM
The recently announced from SDCC (http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1798/sdcc-announce-dark-horse-publish-art-he-man-and-ma); "Art of He Man and the Masters of the Universe" art-book has just gone up for Preorder (http://www.amazon.com/dp/1616555920/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_asp_AY4pH.1Y87PS9) on Amazon. :cool:
(Scheduled for an April 15th 2015 Release :))

King Atlas
27th July 2014, 06:52 PM
I saw the 200x King Hiss on the Pixel-Dan video. Ive never wanted something from this line until now.

I don't fully understand though. I have to buy more than one figure to get the snake body?

One last thing. Do I have to be subscribed to buy this? From what Ive heard it doesn't seem that easy to cherry pick some figures.

I only like 200x (sorry friends).

twincobra
27th July 2014, 09:51 PM
I saw the 200x King Hiss on the Pixel-Dan video. Ive never wanted something from this line until now.

I don't fully understand though. I have to buy more than one figure to get the snake body?

One last thing. Do I have to be subscribed to buy this? From what Ive heard it doesn't seem that easy to cherry pick some figures.

I only like 200x (sorry friends).

The snake body will be released a few months down the road packaged with another figure because Mattel said it didn't cost out to be put in the package ( logic and thought process did not enter there bairns, and just simply make the package a little more expensive)

You don't have to subscribe, you will have to buy on sale day, which could be like 2am in the morning, your better off per ordering from BBTS for ease of mind.

Sky Shadow
18th October 2014, 10:29 PM
The greatest news ever (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/afi-exclusive-scott-toy-guru-neitlich-resigns-from-mattel/)! I can't believe how happy I am. :)

Sharky
18th October 2014, 11:13 PM
The greatest news ever (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/afi-exclusive-scott-toy-guru-neitlich-resigns-from-mattel/)! I can't believe how happy I am. :)

Wait and see where he ends up... He could be looking after transformers....

Sky Shadow
18th October 2014, 11:51 PM
Wait and see where he ends up... He could be looking after transformers....

I suspect he has been headhunted by Hasbro, particularly since they're reviving Visionaries. It will be unfortunate for Emiliano Santalucia if Nutlick is his new boss. Regardless, I can't imagine that Hasbro will be stupid enough to have him actually interacting with the fandom, so hopefully we never have to see or hear him again.

Robzy
19th October 2014, 12:49 AM
Agreed. So glad Scott is gone. I hope I never have to endure his smarmy and arrogant personality again.

kup
19th October 2014, 10:47 AM
Excellent news. Hopefully the replacement will have some real passion for the brand and the fans that support it instead of making it into a showboat for himself.

Sky Shadow
19th October 2014, 11:23 AM
Emiliano says Nutlick isn't going to Hasbro - hopefully that's the case.

Hursticon
19th October 2014, 02:10 PM

I sincerely, sincerely hope that's the case - Emiliano does not deserve the Universe giving him that level of crap after doing such brilliant & creative things for Hasbro/Transformers. :o

kup
19th October 2014, 09:45 PM

Hopefully as earlier today, I thought I read it was confirmed to be Hasbro. Wonder where else he would be going if that is not the case.

Maybe KFC has hired him :D

Sky Shadow
19th October 2014, 10:48 PM
Hopefully as earlier today, I thought I read it was confirmed to be Hasbro.

The closest thing to a confirmation of anywhere specific is from Toy News International, which says "Scott hasn't said where he is going after Mattel but there has been some indication that he might soon be working with Hasbro former employee David Vonner who was last known to work at the company Spin Master."

So that mentions Hasbro, but suggests Spin Master, unless Vonner is going back to Hasbro. Vonner has been teasing a new action figure line for over a year now, and it's been suggested that he might have the rights to Valiant Comics action figures. On the other hand, apparently Hasbro was looking for a new brand manager, but isn't anymore. That is not a good sign.

Trent
20th October 2014, 08:40 AM
So, someone actually headhunted this guy?:eek: So that implies he has done something noteworthy.

I didn't realise that driving a brand into the ground was a desirable trait in the toy industry.

Please don't let him near Transformers

kup
20th October 2014, 08:54 AM
So, someone actually headhunted this guy?:eek: So that implies he has done something noteworthy.

I didn't realise that driving a brand into the ground was a desirable trait in the toy industry.

Please don't let him near Transformers

When you go to He-Man.org these days all you can do is read high praises towards Scott - All dissenters have been silenced, driven out or banned altogether. You are not allowed to criticize Scott or Mattel without having your post deleted and a warning given.

As a result, He-Man.org reads as very positive about Scott's work in a similar way that everyone in North Korea will only say good things about Kim Jon Un. Even now as this news broke, you have people saying stuff like 'Thank you Scott, you will be missed!' type bullcrap.

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th October 2014, 12:13 PM
When you go to He-Man.org these days all you can do is read high praises towards Scott - All dissenters have been silenced, driven out or banned altogether. You are not allowed to criticize Scott or Mattel without having your post deleted and a warning given.

As a result, He-Man.org reads as very positive about Scott's work in a similar way that everyone in North Korea will only say good things about Kim Jon Un. Even now as this news broke, you have people saying stuff like 'Thank you Scott, you will be missed!' type bullcrap.

Maybe that was their plan. Praise him until someone thinks he's great to get him the hell off of He-Man.

Just hope the guy doesn't go anywhere near anything I like. He might be a nice guy in real life, but his presentation is that of a smug arrogant wanker.

kurdt_the_goat
20th November 2014, 05:29 PM
Outside my office i saw a car for a company called Fagor.
Would have made a good MOTU character! This old classic seems fitting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KzcE9-5cpU) :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st November 2014, 12:48 PM
Outside my office i saw a car for a company called Fagor.
Would have made a good MOTU character! This old classic seems fitting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KzcE9-5cpU) :D
Okay, I'd like to know the story behind that clip. I've seen it so many times and its still the funniest video on youtube! NAY the INTERNET!!

Sky Shadow
26th November 2014, 10:15 AM
Mattycollector is offering free shipping on orders over $100 this week, and it even works for us - I just ordered five figures and 'saved' $87.99US. Now I feel like ordering a Castle Grayskull just to screw them on shipping for once...

Sam
26th November 2014, 10:01 PM
Now I feel like ordering a Castle Grayskull just to screw them on shipping for once...

Do it! :)

Gofigure
27th November 2014, 06:50 PM
Mattycollector is offering free shipping on orders over $100 this week, and it even works for us - I just ordered five figures and 'saved' $87.99US. Now I feel like ordering a Castle Grayskull just to screw them on shipping for once...

Yep just went thru the process and it's free shipping on CG

That's actually quite a good deal.....shipping is estimated as $200 on checkout normally

Whoa

Robzy
28th November 2014, 01:33 AM
It's another slap in the face to the early supporters of Grayskull, who bought in to make it happen, that they paid more than people can just casually pick one up for now. I'm glad people can save $$ but you'd think they could have also had free shipping for the people who originally helped get the actual playset made in the first place!

liegeprime
4th December 2014, 07:54 PM
Just a question guys... re: Snake Teela.... Ive read about how Man At Arms was transformed by King Hsss to a snakeman, but did it happen to Teela as well, and was she reverted back (unlike Duncan)? I guess Im not looking good enough coz online all I get is a description of the toys of Snake Teela - or her amour but not much fiction about this. So any info or links would be helpful. thanks!

Sam
4th December 2014, 10:18 PM
Just a question guys... re: Snake Teela.... Ive read about how Man At Arms was transformed by King Hsss to a snakeman, but did it happen to Teela as well, and was she reverted back (unlike Duncan)? I guess Im not looking good enough coz online all I get is a description of the toys of Snake Teela - or her amour but not much fiction about this. So any info or links would be helpful. thanks!

Are you referring to this?

------------
Teela heroically served King Randor as Captain Of The Royal Guard. Exposed to the Serpent's Ring, Teela was magically transformed by King Hsss into a Snake Man temporarily. Under this evil spell, she was one of the three transformed into Snake Men, that attacked He-Man and Roboto. When He-Man destroyed the Serpents Ring and the Ophidian Spire, she was returned back to her Human self.
-------------

cf.

1. http://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/viewobject.php?typeid=1&objectid=2406
2. http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/episode.php?id=54&ep=82

liegeprime
5th December 2014, 12:34 AM
Are you referring to this?

------------
Teela heroically served King Randor as Captain Of The Royal Guard. Exposed to the Serpent's Ring, Teela was magically transformed by King Hsss into a Snake Man temporarily. Under this evil spell, she was one of the three transformed into Snake Men, that attacked He-Man and Roboto. When He-Man destroyed the Serpents Ring and the Ophidian Spire, she was returned back to her Human self.
-------------

cf.

1. http://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/viewobject.php?typeid=1&objectid=2406
2. http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/episode.php?id=54&ep=82

thanks!!!:D

kup
26th May 2015, 09:04 PM
Mike Matei from Angry Video Game Nerd showing his 80s MOTU collection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_tNSLrcHAk&feature=youtu.be&a