PDA

View Full Version : Reason why i think hasbro are releasing 40 generation figures

primatives
23rd February 2012, 07:44 PM
hey guys with the recent news up Hasbro that they are releasing 40 new generations figures which is great news by the way. I beleive they are doing that is so they can stop these or at least slow down or prevent people from getting 3rd party products.

I was going to get the Mastermind Shockwave but with the new release of the FoC Shockwave Id much rather the official Hasbro version and at a cheaper price!! So I guess I wont be getting the 3rd party version and I'll save some money. I dont like the combined look of Bruticus but I'll get them to display them individually but I'll keep the FP Bruticus version as that is one major badass lookin bot. I do love some 3rd party products but if it pushes Hasbro to give us cool figures or more combiners then its good for us fans!! Now I hope Hasbro see that the way to go is the old G1 way hahah and maybe release a classicsverse cartoon!!!

Hursticon
23rd February 2012, 08:45 PM
It's a possibility that 3rd Party Companies are the instigator of Hasbro taking up the slack on the Collector orientated lines, but honestly I think it's a remote reason at that. :o

I think the sales of 3rd Party products have certainly said to Hasbro that there is a market there, but I reckon that is probably for characters they wouldn't necessarily think would work in a modern-day on the shelf toyline; Hasbro's indicator would've certainly been the overwhelming positive sales figures from their various Classicsverse figures, which I believe to be the main reason why they've decided to go with a proposed additional 40+ figures. :)

Also, being that there wont be a movie running requiring it's own toyline, it'll give them their 1st proper chance at making Classicsverse a fully fledged line as opposed to just a filler line; this way, they'll be able to properly determine such an aesthetics viability as a prolonged mainline product IMO. ;):cool:

Sky Shadow
23rd February 2012, 09:11 PM
So far Generations toys have been War For Cybertron and G1 toy/comic-based. But they could be anything. We know at least eight are Fall Of Cybertron, which leaves 32ish. There is no telling how many of these will be redecos or what 'Generation' the toys will come from.

Sharky
23rd February 2012, 09:22 PM
They could also release the "unreleased" Animated figures it would be nice to see wasp or vortex Blurr ....

ike_ike
23rd February 2012, 09:23 PM
So far Generations toys have been War For Cybertron and G1 toy/comic-based. But they could be anything. We know at least eight are Fall Of Cybertron, which leaves 32ish. There is no telling how many of these will be redecos or what 'Generation' the toys will come from.

i thought the 40 were for 2013, and the 8 FOC things were for 2012?

anywho, i expect a flood of redecos, but will maintain the whole Cautious Optimist mindset.

Sky Shadow
23rd February 2012, 09:49 PM
i thought the 40 were for 2013, and the 8 FOC things were for 2012?

Really? Wow - that means they're at least 10 and at most 22 months away. Why is everyone going on and on about these 40 Generations toys then? Slow news year?

Hursticon
23rd February 2012, 10:03 PM
Really? Wow - that means they're at least 10 and at most 22 months away. Why is everyone going on and on about these 40 Generations toys then? Slow news year?

Just that they were never expected to be putting in such an effort, which is the other accompanying part of that news item as they have admitted to dropping the ball with the line/s. ;):)
(Plus, we're TF fanatics! :p)

Paulbot
23rd February 2012, 10:05 PM
Why is everyone going on and on about these 40 Generations toys then?
Because the Classics fans are a new form of GeeWunners who only want to see more toys in that style that are updates of G1 characters? There's just not a label yet for those fans yet but you'll know them because they'll say things like: I'll buy an Autobot Alliance toy and it can be Classics Seaspray even though it's too tall, I'll buy Energon Shockblast and make it Classics Shockwave, I'll buy third party insects and they can be my Classics Insecticons, BotCon Gigatron isn't the Classics Overlord I want. Etc etc :p

Hursticon
23rd February 2012, 10:17 PM
Because the Classics fans are a new form of GeeWunners who only want to see more toys in that style that are updates of G1 characters? There's just not a label yet for those fans yet but you'll know them because they'll say things like: I'll buy an Autobot Alliance toy and it can be Classics Seaspray even though it's too tall, I'll buy Energon Shockblast and make it Classics Shockwave, I'll buy third party insects and they can be my Classics Insecticons, BotCon Gigatron isn't the Classics Overlord I want. Etc etc :p

Yeah, I'd agree with that. :D
Though, I represent the splinter group crying out for a proper run of that aesthetic in a Beast Wars form. :p:cool:

I think we're called CHUGGURers? :p:D

Golden Phoenix
23rd February 2012, 10:25 PM
Updated Old Truk NOT New Truk!

Cat
23rd February 2012, 10:52 PM
That doesn't make sense from a business point of view.

There's no conspiracy. Just enjoy the toys

Sky Shadow
23rd February 2012, 11:03 PM

ive ben a fan of overlord since the begining since i found last chance of the wreckers on sale at target and he isn't a blue and purple tank with a sword hes a blue and purple tank with a gun and im not paying 100 dollars for that i cant weight until a third party brings out a reel classics overlord so i can pay 100 dollars for it instead and then mabey by the 50 dollar upgrade kit that fixes the mistakes from the first kit man hasbro doesnt no what its doing

;)

kup
23rd February 2012, 11:23 PM
hey guys with the recent news up Hasbro that they are releasing 40 new generations figures which is great news by the way. I beleive they are doing that is so they can stop these or at least slow down or prevent people from getting 3rd party products.

I was going to get the Mastermind Shockwave but with the new release of the FoC Shockwave Id much rather the official Hasbro version and at a cheaper price!! So I guess I wont be getting the 3rd party version and I'll save some money. I dont like the combined look of Bruticus but I'll get them to display them individually but I'll keep the FP Bruticus version as that is one major badass lookin bot. I do love some 3rd party products but if it pushes Hasbro to give us cool figures or more combiners then its good for us fans!! Now I hope Hasbro see that the way to go is the old G1 way hahah and maybe release a classicsverse cartoon!!!

I don't think Hearts of Steel Shockwave is a good figure for a Classics/Generations/WFC collection. Even if there was no Generations Shockwave coming up and the Masterminds Creation Shockwave released, I would still be lamenting the lack of a 'Classics' Shockwave.

As awesome of MMC Clyclops is, just like Knight Morpher commander, he does not really fit any current TF toy line Hasbro or anyone has done. He is more within the 'oddity' category as he is showing a 'Steampunk' style that is not shared by any official toy release with the exception of Ransack but even so, he is from a 20th century era not 19th.

Lord_Zed
23rd February 2012, 11:34 PM

Unless they specifically start releasing toys that fit the same role as the 3rd parties I don't think this is the case per-se. If they start with Generations Springer, the Inscecticons and Constructicons then I'd believe that.

Having said that, the success of the third parties should have at least shown Hasbro there is money to be made in releasing more Generations characters and Combiners.

Of course I'm not about to abandon my prediction that 30 of these new Generations toys will be Optimus and Bumblebee variants.

Ode to a Grasshopper
23rd February 2012, 11:46 PM
It's so much easier when you just make up your own personal continuity and fill it with toys/characters you like, or don't bother with continuities at all.
ive ben a fan of overlord since the begining since i found last chance of the wreckers on sale at target and he isn't a blue and purple tank with a sword hes a blue and purple tank with a gun and im not paying 100 dollars for that i cant weight until a third party brings out a reel classics overlord so i can pay 100 dollars for it instead and then mabey by the 50 dollar upgrade kit that fixes the mistakes from the first kit man hasbro doesnt no what its doing

;)Help! There's an American on the board!:p

Seriously, my bet's on Generations being a catch-all line. WFC, Classics-esque, whatever. Lots of repaints, some new molds, a few figures that maybe never made it out (fingers crossed you guys/we get the last DotM few molds, and maybe the unreleased Animated toys), maybe a few rereleases, etc etc. I doubt we'll be getting a decent Overlord or Springer, but there'll be some awesome toys, lots of so-so toys, and a fair few crap toys. Oh, and lots of Bumblebees of course.
You know, like usually happens.

liegeprime
24th February 2012, 06:08 AM

;)

Who are you and what have you done to Sky Shadow?:p:p

Well I just hope they come out with a proper Generations figures even if it is still kinda a filler line till they issue out another main line (i.e. TFPrime) to splurge out on. We still need a Generations Hoist and Trailbreaker plus Skids (poor fellas dying in obscurity). I wonder if they would again do another seeker... you know, to complete the Rainmakers? Or a variant Runamuck and Runabout , heheheh they did it before with Thrust and Dirge ( which annoyed the heck out of the Botcon fellas i bet:).

All this talk though, has anyone got an official link about this news of Hasbro people officially saying 40 Gen toys will be released? Can anybody post it (just a link, ty) please, Id like to read it.....Or is it just a "leaked" news by some fella from another board which snowballed into a thread?

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th February 2012, 11:43 AM
But classics, generations whatever hasn't always been G1, Dinobot and Cheetor folks. So easily we forget.

Especially me :p

kup
24th February 2012, 12:45 PM
But classics, generations whatever hasn't always been G1, Dinobot and Cheetor folks. So easily we forget.

Especially me :p

Some of us want to forget ;)