PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Venting thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

GoktimusPrime
26th February 2012, 03:45 PM
For your frustrations of a purely Transformers related nature!

-------------------------------

The jaw of my Device Label Cheetor just snapped off. :(

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/devicelabel_brokenjaw.jpg

5FDP
27th February 2012, 11:54 AM
If you're trying to convince me to handle / play with my Transformers you're going the wrong way about it :p

1orion2many
27th February 2012, 03:42 PM
I think Gok has been mistreating his Transfomers again:p:D Mine still has it's jaw as well as Tigatron;):)

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2012, 03:56 PM
What the... TakaraTOMY's Transformers site seems to be down...

http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/
http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/toy/

AJ_Prime
27th February 2012, 11:15 PM
My transformers-related frustrations? Waiting for that box to arrive in the mail and waiting for the figures to be released once images have been posted (including prototype images).

Yes, I'm impatient and hooked on this plastic crack. Once you have those figures in your hand though, there is nothing sweeter.

LordCyrusOmega
28th February 2012, 07:33 PM
Just brought a replacement RtS Wreckgar as the handle bars on my old one snapped off. A fairly common occurance apparently.
First transformation and one handlebar has a strass fracture up the brown plastic and the other is beginning to crack

Verno
28th February 2012, 08:22 PM
I HATE HOW NO ONE READS MY FANFICTIION!!!

crankcase76
28th February 2012, 10:45 PM
well i don't know if this should be a vent or a rare acquisition but just turned my new DoTM Soundwave from ALT mode to Robot mode and found that he has 2 left hands. AHHHH! damn you Soundwave!:confused:

GoktimusPrime
28th February 2012, 11:35 PM
It's a vent; rarities like this - generally speaking - aren't worth much because there isn't much of a demand for them. People will pay for a rare variant or something, but not for a freak defect. :p So somewhere out there is someone who owns a Soundwave with two right hands... ;)

The first Generations Drift toy I bought had two of the same hand, so I know the frustration. I bought another one then refunded the defective one. But yeah, it's worse when it happens with a toy you got from overseas (unless you bought it from an online store that might be able to do an exchange for you?) <shrug> If you stick the big MechTech weapon on his right side hand then the spare left hand may not be as noticeable on display. It'd be hell annoying when you play with it though. Ouch. XO Otherwise maybe if you find another Soundwave get that one, then sell this defective one to recoup some of the cost?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/drift_righthands.jpg
^Double right-handed Drift.

Sky Shadow
28th February 2012, 11:55 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/drift_righthands.jpg
^Double right-handed Drift.

Maybe Drift has two right hands because he's such a

Hursticon
29th February 2012, 01:51 AM
Maybe Drift has two right hands because he's such a

Hehe, lol! :p:D

crankcase76
29th February 2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the info Goki, i did buy it from an online store in Taiwan so i will have to get on to them and see if they can do the exchange. but like you said i set him up last night with the weapon in his right hand(the other left upside down hand) and the left one looks as per normal. it is frustrating as i was stoked that i got him for the rest of my DoTm collection and now he looks like he has twisted his wrist. plus the thumb being on the bottom of his hand looks out of place.but ah well, thats the way it goes.gotta love the fact that cancelling this line that the toys are just thrown together out of the parts that are left on the shelf.lol.

LordCyrusOmega
29th February 2012, 10:04 AM

I read it. Haven't in the last week but I read it. I just don't comment

Verno
29th February 2012, 10:33 AM

Hahaha, glad to hear it LCO. Maybe I should change the vent to NO ONE COMMENTS!!! instead :p

loophole
29th February 2012, 11:25 AM

^^that goes for me too, i read it every now and then. Just dont comment though :o

Hursticon
29th February 2012, 06:28 PM
Hahaha, glad to hear it LCO. Maybe I should change the vent to NO ONE COMMENTS!!! instead :p

You know my stance on it Verno - if people consider themselves to be even the remotest Beast Wars fan, they really owe it to themselves to check it out; leaving a comment or 2 wouldn't go astray either, you don't have to go as crazy as myself though. ;):D

LordCyrusOmega
29th February 2012, 10:51 PM
Didn't want to break up the flow of it and theres only so many times i can say nice work. You're a great writer.

GoktimusPrime
8th April 2012, 10:21 AM
Midtown Comics in Manhattan has the same TFPRiD Deluxes that we have here (Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack & Soundwave). :( :(

*sigh* The quest for Dlx Ratchet continues...

KalEl
9th April 2012, 03:58 PM
Midtown Comics in Manhattan has the same TFPRiD Deluxes that we have here (Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack & Soundwave). :( :(

*sigh* The quest for Dlx Ratchet continues...

i know... Sad panda

SkyWarp91
13th April 2012, 04:34 AM
Generations Junkheap has exhaust vents on his engine.

Trent
13th April 2012, 12:12 PM
Just opened the hasbro masterpiece rodimus I bought the other week. Just transformed it.... Talk about frustration! Half an hour to get it sitting on its wheels and to get the feet in position! I remember now why I haven't got my Takara MP-9 out of the box since I bought it! WTF was I thinking??!!

Seriously with releases like that it's no wonder 3rd party companies are making a killing.

You may see a for sale thread soon....

janda the red
13th April 2012, 12:33 PM
Just opened the hasbro masterpiece rodimus I bought the other week. Just transformed it.... Talk about frustration! Half an hour to get it sitting on its wheels and to get the feet in position! I remember now why I haven't got my Takara MP-9 out of the box since I bought it! WTF was I thinking??!!

Seriously with releases like that it's no wonder 3rd party companies are making a killing.

^ lol :p

i feel your pain mate....

i bought 2 on release... 1 to open and play with ( which i rarely do ) and 1 to keep sealed.

samething..... forever and a day to get it transformed right, and then the face plate thingy locks in place half way down. awesome!

i've now got 2 sealed.... too scared to try again! :o haha

janda :)

kup
13th April 2012, 01:33 PM

I lost faith in the official MP line after Rodimus. It seemed that we had been given some beta prototype rather than a polished figure. It had so many issues that it was ridiculous. Hasbro appeared to have fixed the hands so that Rodimus can now actually hold his weapons (:rolleyes:) but the rest of the design is also messed up.

With just a little bit of polish he would have been great but instead it turned out to be my most disappointing MP toy to date.

It may be sacrilege to some here but I am rapidly loosing faith in official TF toys as I can no longer trust them to produce a good figure even for a collector line.

Prowl
13th April 2012, 08:17 PM
I lost faith in the official MP line after Rodimus. It seemed that we had been given some beta prototype rather than a polished figure. It had so many issues that it was ridiculous. Hasbro appeared to have fixed the hands so that Rodimus can now actually hold his weapons (:rolleyes:) but the rest of the design is also messed up.

With just a little bit of polish he would have been great but instead it turned out to be my most disappointing MP toy to date.

It may be sacrilege to some here but I am rapidly loosing faith in official TF toys as I can no longer trust them to produce a good figure even for a collector line.

I agree with your opinion kup. Roddy is great for display in either mode. I really like him, but he is a complete pain in the arse to transform. Great figure, shit toy. I found MP-05 much more fun to transform as fiddly as that is.

Rodimus could have been a great figure but they "overcomplicated" him in my eyes. Sad really. I am looking at some of the upcoming releases by various companies. A number of 3rd party pieces that fit very well with my vision of G1 Transformers.

GoktimusPrime
14th April 2012, 01:13 AM
I find most Masterpieces to be poor play pieces actually. Megatron is the worst (his transformation's so tricky it makes Rodimus look like a Jumpstarter!). I find Optimus Prime/Convoy & Grimlock to be the most playable, although Grimmie ain't cheap. But yeah, on the whole Masterpiece are like really expensive articulated and transformable display pieces rather than play toys. But honestly, I get my Neo-G1 toyplay fix from Classicsverse than MP.

UltraMarginal
14th April 2012, 09:04 AM
But yeah, on the whole Masterpiece are like really expensive articulated and transformable display pieces rather than play toys.

I thought that was the entire point of the line though. and they do that rather well I think.

Trent
15th April 2012, 10:51 PM
Ok. So yesterday morning before my wedding I had a few hours to kill so I sat down with rodimus and had another go. I watched a video on YouTube and it showed how to transform him properly. I managed to get everything lined up and it all sits and looks good. It's all in the positioning of the ankle joints. Get them wrong and kiss any ability for him to sit flush on the wheels goodbye.

He's still a crappy example of the masterpiece line but now I don't feel so bad about owning 2 of them:)

Gonna get the Takara one out next and have a go at the Winnebago from hell next.

Slag
15th April 2012, 11:50 PM
Gonna get the Takara one out next and have a go at the Winnebago from hell next.

hehe. I really want to see a tan and wood-grain variant..

KalEl
16th April 2012, 09:57 PM
hehe. I really want to see a tan and wood-grain variant..

get to customising then :P

5FDP
17th April 2012, 10:34 AM
Megatron is the worst (his transformation's so tricky it makes Rodimus look like a Jumpstarter!).

Not sure why but I found that hilarious :D

SkyWarp91
19th April 2012, 11:36 AM
Yo Powered Convoy, why you so expenserive?!?! Why you so rare?!!!?

KalEl
19th April 2012, 07:01 PM
Yo Powered Convoy, why you so expenserive?!?! Why you so rare?!!!?

that's pre transformers for ya :(

GoktimusPrime
19th April 2012, 08:49 PM
They did reissue Ultra Magnus in his Diaclone colours as a ToyFes 2001 exclusive figure. Although the reissue doesn't come with Powered (http://diaclone.net/orid/dia057/05719.jpg) Buggy (http://diaclone.net/orid/dia057/05721.jpg) (which has never been included in any version of Ultra Magnus).
http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/UltraMagnusPre-Movie/ultramagnus.htm

Powered Convoy originally retailed for 3800JPY ($45) and the reissue originally sold for 5000JPY ($60). You probably won't find those toys for those prices now (and I'm not suggesting that you can) - but considering that Powered Convoy has been out of production for approx 29 years and the reissue was a limited exclusive, it's not surprising if these things are now hard to find and fetching high prices on the aftermarket.

SkyWarp91
19th April 2012, 10:33 PM
They did reissue Ultra Magnus in his Diaclone colours as a ToyFes 2001 exclusive figure. Although the reissue doesn't come with Powered (http://diaclone.net/orid/dia057/05719.jpg) Buggy (http://diaclone.net/orid/dia057/05721.jpg) (which has never been included in any version of Ultra Magnus).
http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/UltraMagnusPre-Movie/ultramagnus.htm

Powered Convoy originally retailed for 3800JPY ($45) and the reissue originally sold for 5000JPY ($60). You probably won't find those toys for those prices now (and I'm not suggesting that you can) - but considering that Powered Convoy has been out of production for approx 29 years and the reissue was a limited exclusive, it's not surprising if these things are now hard to find and fetching high prices on the aftermarket.

Now I'm looking for the Ultra Magnus Redeco online but can't find any trustworthy sellers. I'm willing to pay a steep price for this fig as I consider it a Holy Grail (I LOVE THE DIACLONE COMMERCIAL of PowereD Convoy)

SkyWarp91
2nd July 2012, 07:17 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/gc_xiahou_nguyen/mailgooglecom-1.jpg

Cmon TakTom, get your stickers right!

Trent
2nd July 2012, 07:36 PM
^^Thats pretty poor.:(

GoktimusPrime
2nd July 2012, 08:58 PM
I don't get it. What's wrong with those stickers?

iamirondude
2nd July 2012, 09:02 PM
they've been cut out of centre and its a shame cause the stickers enchance the figure

Yukitora
2nd July 2012, 09:15 PM
i hate non centred things. Meanwhile, making shoulder joints... not fun.

SkyWarp91
2nd July 2012, 09:20 PM
they've been cut out of centre and its a shame cause the stickers enchance the figure

instead of enhancing the figure these stickers are actually essential because TErrorcon cliffjumper comes with no painted windows and I can't have stickered windows that are half-silver!

Ah well, I just use texta to draw on my own windows lol

GoktimusPrime
2nd July 2012, 09:24 PM
Oh, so that's not intentional. I know that during G1 sticker decos often "bled" over the cut lines, so I wasn't sure if that was done as an intentional effect or of it was a bad print. I'm looking at pics of the toy on TakaraTOMY's web site and... yeah, definitely bad misprint. :(

Has anyone else experienced this w/ their Arms Micron toys or did Skywarp91 just luck out? :confused: Now I'm kinda concerned about my Arms Micron Skywarp, which I got back in March, but I won't receive it until December or January (because I'm getting it shipped together w/ MP Sunstorm and UTD Artfire).

Get you contact the retailer for a refund/exchange?

iamirondude
2nd July 2012, 09:31 PM
might just be a one off thing cause the stickers on my terrorcon cliffjumper were cut perfectly.would u be able to send the stickers back and get them exchanged?

SkyWarp91
2nd July 2012, 09:31 PM
Oh, so that's not intentional. I know that during G1 sticker decos often "bled" over the cut lines, so I wasn't sure if that was done as an intentional effect or of it was a bad print. I'm looking at pics of the toy on TakaraTOMY's web site and... yeah, definitely bad misprint. :(

Has anyone else experienced this w/ their Arms Micron toys or did Skywarp91 just luck out? :confused: Now I'm kinda concerned about my Arms Micron Skywarp, which I got back in March, but I won't receive it until December or January (because I'm getting it shipped together w/ MP Sunstorm and UTD Artfire).

Get you contact the retailer for a refund/exchange?

I could contact BBTS to get them to ship another figure for the sake of the stickers, but that'd be pointless having two figures now with one with no stickers. I'm pretty grateful that I have this figure in the first place and that most of the stickers are meant for the micron figure which I don't really care for.

So I'm not too fussed about this, it is just poor Q/c though.

GoktimusPrime
2nd July 2012, 09:44 PM
I'd personally contact TakTOM for replacement stickers, but if BBTS is based outside Japan, then I think that voids any potential replacement warranty for stuff like that. Cos I know when I was getting a replacement part for my MP01 Convoy, they explicitly asked me if I had purchased my toy from a store in or outside of Japan. Luckily for me I'd purchased it from a Japan-based dealer, so Takara were happy to cover it at their expense.

Otherwise, the next option I'd consider would be to hit the seller up for a replacement. My wife sometimes does online shopping for clothes and books, and there have been a few times when there's been a problem and the seller asks her to send the defective items back to them, and they send a replacement and also reimburse her for the cost of sending the item back (she had to obtain a receipt from Au Post and scan/email it to them).

Maybe you could tell BBTS about this and see if they offer you a discount voucher or something off your next purchase. Squeaky wheel gets the oil, dude. ;)

Anyway... your toy, your call. :) How does the toy look without those stickers? Are they really _that_ essential? <shrugs>

SkyWarp91
2nd July 2012, 09:50 PM
I'd personally contact TakTOM for replacement stickers, but if BBTS is based outside Japan, then I think that voids any potential replacement warranty for stuff like that. Cos I know when I was getting a replacement part for my MP01 Convoy, they explicitly asked me if I had purchased my toy from a store in or outside of Japan. Luckily for me I'd purchased it from a Japan-based dealer, so Takara were happy to cover it at their expense.

Otherwise, the next option I'd consider would be to hit the seller up for a replacement. My wife sometimes does online shopping for clothes and books, and there have been a few times when there's been a problem and the seller asks her to send the defective items back to them, and they send a replacement and also reimburse her for the cost of sending the item back (she had to obtain a receipt from Au Post and scan/email it to them).

Maybe you could tell BBTS about this and see if they offer you a discount voucher or something off your next purchase. Squeaky wheel gets the oil, dude. ;)

Anyway... your toy, your call. :) How does the toy look without those stickers? Are they really _that_ essential? <shrugs>

as said before the stickers included the car mode's windows and as well as that there are the rear lights. So I improvised by drawing on my windows while I just left the lights deco-less.

griffin
3rd July 2012, 01:25 AM
This is what the toy looks like without the window stickers...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/410.jpg
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/369.jpg

I used all the stickers EXCEPT the window stickers, because to me, it defeats the purpose of having a translucent toy if large parts of it is covered up with stickers... especially the windows, which are the one part that should be transparent/translucent.

Did you want the window stickers I'm not likely to use? Most of the Cliffjumper stickers are windows, so that would only leave 3 or 4 to try and salvage off your own sheet.

Kapryiath
3rd July 2012, 08:32 PM
trypticon wai you so expensive?!!!!

Trent
3rd July 2012, 10:20 PM
trypticon wai you so expensive?!!!!

Tell me about it. Encore already!!!!!

SuspectimusPrime
3rd July 2012, 10:44 PM
I used all the stickers EXCEPT the window stickers, because to me, it defeats the purpose of having a translucent toy if large parts of it is covered up with stickers... especially the windows, which are the one part that should be transparent/translucent.

I was not going to use my stickers, but thought Terrorcon Cliffjumper's chest looked 2-dimensional without them.

They really should have printed the window stickers on a sheet of plastic transparent black stickers. I'm sure that would not have made a substantial production increase.

GoktimusPrime
4th July 2012, 12:01 AM
Tell me about it. Encore already!!!!!
I'd love to see a Trypticon reissue (odds are Takara do still have the mould considering that they used it for Gigastorm in Beast Wars Second). But considering how Metroplex shelf warmed, I wouldn't be surprised if TakaraTOMY are hesitant in doing a Dinosaurer reissue.

Oh well... I bought an Encore Metroplex (even though I already had a G1 Metroplex)... so I did my bit in voting "Yes" for more cityformer reissues. ;)

griffin
4th July 2012, 12:30 AM
That would have been a great idea - translucent stickers, even if they were another colour... so that you can give the figure a bit more depth with colours, without losing the see-through gimmick.

1orion2many
4th July 2012, 10:19 AM
That would have been a great idea - translucent stickers, even if they were another colour... so that you can give the figure a bit more depth with colours, without losing the see-through gimmick.

Translucent stickers would also give the plastic underneath a thin layer of protection from scratching;):)

GoktimusPrime
4th July 2012, 11:59 AM
Started playing DOTM on PS3 last night. Currently up to the Mirage campaign... makes me want a proper Deluxe Mirage toy even more! :(

SkyWarp91
5th July 2012, 02:18 PM

Sorry for the late reply Griffin, no I won't need your stickers. Thanks for the offer anyways.

Well instead of using translucent stickers you could use black-wash paints, such a thing exists from Games Workshop.

Tetsuwan Convoy
5th July 2012, 09:18 PM
Started playing DOTM on PS3 last night. Currently up to the Mirage campaign... makes me want a proper Deluxe Mirage toy even more! :(

Man I hated that level. Yawn. IN fact quite a lot of that game was yawn. The Soundwave level was OK.

GoktimusPrime
5th July 2012, 10:04 PM
The part when I had to keep rescuing Bumblebee from the Decepticon snipers was annoying. What a stupid git -- he keep repeatedly walking into sniper traps! Does he have a learning difficulty or is he just a sucker for punishment?!? (o_O)

The Soundwave level!!! :mad: I got up to the last part, where you have to escape the erupting volcano... and I kept on losing, so I hit "restart chapter," thinking that the chapter started when Soundwave had to go inside the NEST base - but NOOOOO, it restarted from when Soundwave arrives on Earth!! So I had to spend a freaking hour trying to quickly replay Soundwave driving around and hacking into satellite towers, blowing up Autobot Gumbies, then had to freaking replay the Laserbeak level -- which is hard to quickly play through because of the labyrinthine nature of the NEST base, plus Laserbeak's low-powered weapons means you have to do lots of hit and run guerilla style tactics, which is freaking time consuming as! :rolleyes:

Because I thought that the last part was timed, but it's not... sort of. You just have to keep outrunning the lava (as you know). But... ggrraaaarrrgh! Many swear words! (just as well the protoform and missus were asleep :p) -- but yeah, after redoing that whole stupid level again and then finally finishing it, je suis pas "bover'ed" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV1zK8zRCPo) to play anymore, so I quit and went to bed. :rolleyes:

Anyway... on the Starscream level next. Hope that'll be better.

Ravagecat
9th July 2012, 12:35 PM
It's a vent; rarities like this - generally speaking - aren't worth much because there isn't much of a demand for them. People will pay for a rare variant or something, but not for a freak defect. :p So somewhere out there is someone who owns a Soundwave with two right hands... ;)

The first Generations Drift toy I bought had two of the same hand, so I know the frustration. I bought another one then refunded the defective one. But yeah, it's worse when it happens with a toy you got from overseas (unless you bought it from an online store that might be able to do an exchange for you?) <shrug> If you stick the big MechTech weapon on his right side hand then the spare left hand may not be as noticeable on display. It'd be hell annoying when you play with it though. Ouch. XO Otherwise maybe if you find another Soundwave get that one, then sell this defective one to recoup some of the cost?

My Drift has two right shoulders :(

I didn't realise this until I put Drift next to my shattered glass Drift (who has no faults thankfully).

I was hoping it was just a matter of taking the arm off and turning the shoulder piece around but unfortunately the upper arm piece is molded inwards on one side so is not reversible....Grr!!
Seems as though faults with this particular character are common, but why?? Maybe the trainee's were working that day :rolleyes:

nofacej
9th July 2012, 02:51 PM
Put a stress mark on the nose of my Battle for Cybertron Cyclonus today because I forgot to rotate his head before closing the nose. At least it's not visible when the nose is tucked away in robot mode.

Hursticon
9th July 2012, 06:10 PM
Put a stress mark on the nose of my Battle for Cybertron Cyclonus today because I forgot to rotate his head before closing the nose. At least it's not visible when the nose is tucked away in robot mode.

Sorry to hear man, that suck! - I absolutely adore that mold. :(

Meangreen
9th July 2012, 08:18 PM

I don't know how bad the stress mark is, obviously, but you might be able to fix it with a little heat. A quick burst of heat from holding it near a lighter flame often fixes stresses cosmetically. Just don't go too long or too close.

nofacej
9th July 2012, 08:29 PM
I don't know how bad the stress mark is, obviously, but you might be able to fix it with a little heat. A quick burst of heat from holding it near a lighter flame often fixes stresses cosmetically. Just don't go too long or too close.

It's not too bad, and worth a shot. I'll give it a go and let you know if it works out. Cheers.

Edit: Well I managed to make the stress mark disappear for a second and then it reappeared in a different location as a circular mark. I guess we can call this attempt a failure. The mark is not quite as white, but a lot larger and the edges show traces of heat distortion. I think I got overeager when I noticed the stress mark retreating. I also slightly warped the plastic in a particularly thin area. :p

SuspectimusPrime
10th July 2012, 09:13 PM
My Drift has two right shoulders :(

I didn't realise this until I put Drift next to my shattered glass Drift (who has no faults thankfully).

I was hoping it was just a matter of taking the arm off and turning the shoulder piece around but unfortunately the upper arm piece is molded inwards on one side so is not reversible....Grr!!
Seems as though faults with this particular character are common, but why?? Maybe the trainee's were working that day :rolleyes:

That's quite a rare QC issue.

Maybe its worth posting that onto an American board like TFW2005 to see if anybody else unfortunately bought a Drift with two left shoulders!

Speaking of SG Drift, I hope yours came with both right and left-handed pistols, instead of a set of each?

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2012, 12:00 AM
Not a true vent, but I'll post here anyway...

Since I'm planning on meeting Miki Shinichiro this Saturday at Smash! I've been thinking about what I should get him to sign. I don't want him to sign my BW Inferno toy -- getting Neil Kaplan to sign RiD Optimus Prime was different because I also have Super Fire Convoy. I don't have any other version of Inferno to keep playing with if I get the other autographed. So I've decided to get him to sign the back of my BotCon 2002 Beast Wars Inferno postcard, because the reverse side of that card is mostly blank... like a postcard (funny that ;)). But that's fine...

But my dilemma is this: should I also get him to sign my Inferno trading card (http://www18.tok2.com/home/jackhama/transformers/bwtcard_1/img/019.jpg)? Because if I do, I'll have Miki Shinichiro's signature obscuring the picture on the front. Also, I keep these cards in collectable sleeves in a folder.

The other alternative is this... I have a spare set of all these cards, MISB. Should I open this spare set, just to take out the Inferno card and have it signed, so I can display the autographed card and keep the non-autographed one as part of the main set??? As you can see, the dilemma is that once I do that, then I would significantly devalue the rest of that entire spare set because I'd obviously would want to keep that autographed card.

Oh, and also the cards are all blind packed (they look like this (http://www18.tok2.com/home/jackhama/transformers/bwtcard_1/img/package.jpg) - 10 cards in each packet, but you don't know which ones are in which pack - but because I have a sealed boxload, it is a complete set)... so it would take me AGES to sort through each packet to find the Inferno card!

I'm currently erring toward the side of keeping the spare box sealed and just getting Miki Shinichiro to autograph my already opened Inferno card, and just slip it back into the folder sleeve. I mean, I got Julie White to autograph the page in my Transformers ROTF book (where it introduces the Witwickies on the page with Judy Witwicky's photo on it). And that autograph never gets to see the light of day unless I pull that book out... so if I go with this option then the same thing would happen to Miki Shinichiro's autograph -- it gets stored in a folder rather than out on display.

I could also take that card out and display it separately, but that'd leave a gap in my collection folder which would totally bug me. I'm far too OCD^retentive to do that sort of crazy thing! :D

Ode to a Grasshopper
13th July 2012, 07:48 AM
Why not just get another Inferno toy somewhere down the track? Or if you still have the box, get that signed instead?

I wouldn't open your sealed set at any rate.

Bartrim
13th July 2012, 08:07 AM
Why can't I get my HA Roadbusters shoulders to lock into place:mad:

Man I suck at transforming figures sometimes.

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2012, 09:48 AM
Why not just get another Inferno toy somewhere down the track?
Ceebs to track down a toy on the aftermarket that I already own. Plus... shelf space. He's a fairly largish Mega after all. ;)

Or if you still have the box, get that signed instead?
omg... omg... okay, here'sa proper vent... I got Inferno/Formicula in 1998, at the time I was living with my folks. For some unknown reason, my dad chucked out Inferno's box into the recycling bin. I retrieved it and told him not to throw it out because I wanted to keep the box. Dad tells me that I'm being silly because it's just an empty cardboard box and who the hell collects those?? I told him that I wanted to keep it and asked him not to throw it out. Then of course, when I'm not home, he chucks it out again and the garbage gets collected. :( Partially my fault for leaving the box around the house and not sticking it in my bedroom with the rest of my collection. :o

I know this isn't anywhere near as bad as what some other people have experienced with their families either throwing out or giving away their toys (or collections)... and it hasn't even really bothered me since then until now tbh. But yeah... that's the story of what happened to my Inferno box!

I wouldn't open your sealed set at any rate.
Yeah. I'm inclined to agree with you. I'll just get Miki to sign my already opened Inferno card and stick that in the folder. It'll end up like Julie White's autograph - only visible when I take it out. ;)

Why can't I get my HA Roadbusters shoulders to lock into place:mad:

Man I suck at transforming figures sometimes.
HA HA. :p

(I don't collect HA, so I can't help you... just wanted to make a stupid pun ;))

SuspectimusPrime
13th July 2012, 06:00 PM
Ceebs to track down a toy on the aftermarket that I already own. Plus... shelf space. He's a fairly largish Mega after all. ;)

Still seems more viable to get a second one. Regarding shelf space, perhaps you can have one in Beast mode being ridden by the other?

Hursticon
13th July 2012, 10:27 PM
As those who follow me on Twitter already know, a little while ago I opened my Hasbro MP Rodimus for the 1st time after owning him for nigh 8-9 months. :eek:
Knowing that one needs to treat this figure like it's constructed of Japanese Rice Paper, I withdrew it from the plastic packaging material oh so delicately...

I was then presented with a figure whose arm had snapped at the left shoulder's ratcheting shaft, rendering the figure more or less FUBAR right out of the box. :mad:
Thanks greatly to some retailing craftiness on the part of 1AZRAEL1, I've been lucky enough to have this issue rectified with a complete replacement figure - Now I really enjoy him. :D

It is really pleasing to know that the Chief Engineer behind the MP line in it's current state IS NOT the same one who executed this great looking but horribly flawed figure in MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus, be wary guys of this figure and also Note: If intending to open a figure, do so within a month of the initial purchase - It'll make life a lot easier. ;):)

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2012, 10:40 PM
I'm not on Twitter, but I heard the story from 1AZRAEL1 over our last TF Monopoly game. :D

Note: If intending to open a figure, do so within a month of the initial purchase - It'll make life a lot easier. ;):)
lol, I usually open a figure as soon as I get home! ;) Almost all of my Transformers are purchased MISB/MOSC, but they only remain sealed for a few seconds after I get 'em home. Sometimes not... sometimes I just open them before I get home cos I can't wait! Many of my G1 toys were opened in shopping centres while waiting for my mum to finish the rest of her shopping... and I remember opening BW Depth Charge while standing in some queue for something at uni. ;) Then there was United Grapple which I opened on the way to the airport (and got to play with him in flight :p)

Trent
14th July 2012, 04:56 PM
As those who follow me on Twitter already know, a little while ago I opened my Hasbro MP Rodimus for the 1st time after owning him for nigh 8-9 months. :eek:
Knowing that one needs to treat this figure like it's constructed of Japanese Rice Paper, I withdrew it from the plastic packaging material oh so delicately...

I was then presented with a figure whose arm had snapped at the left shoulder's ratcheting shaft, rendering the figure more or less FUBAR right out of the box. :mad:
Thanks greatly to some retailing craftiness on the part of 1AZRAEL1, I've been lucky enough to have this issue rectified with a complete replacement figure - Now I really enjoy him. :D

It is really pleasing to know that the Chief Engineer behind the MP line in it's current state IS NOT the same one who executed this great looking but horribly flawed figure in MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus, be wary guys of this figure and also Note: If intending to open a figure, do so within a month of the initial purchase - It'll make life a lot easier. ;):)

Was it a first or second edition? I'm assuming first. But good to hear about the positive outcome :cool:

Kapryiath
14th July 2012, 05:15 PM
hey trent was that mp09 i bought off you first or second?

Trent
14th July 2012, 06:03 PM
hey trent was that mp09 i bought off you first or second?

1st

Ravagecat
20th July 2012, 09:31 PM
That's quite a rare QC issue.

Maybe its worth posting that onto an American board like TFW2005 to see if anybody else unfortunately bought a Drift with two left shoulders!

Speaking of SG Drift, I hope yours came with both right and left-handed pistols, instead of a set of each?

Damb...he does have two identical pistols...I had no idea they were supposed to be a left and right set :( The top of the gun deco is pointing to the left on both...

SuspectimusPrime
20th July 2012, 11:12 PM
Damb...he does have two identical pistols...I had no idea they were supposed to be a left and right set :( The top of the gun deco is pointing to the left on both...

This was a heated topic a few months ago, you weren't the only one burnt by this QC issue. It's relatively minor, but its the response from FunPub that was most unsatisfying/disappointing:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/shattered-glass-drift-quality-control-issues-response-from-transformers-collectorss-club/24119/

SuspectimusPrime
20th July 2012, 11:20 PM
On the matter of TFCC/Botcon QC issue related vents, my own are:

TFCC Punch/Counterpunch - Head/automorph feature would not automorph properly, however that was easily remedied by disassembling the chest and a quick adjustment to the innards.

TFCC Sideburn - Plastic on left wing tip dented one side, a rather ironic QC issue, as the QC Burn here was on the figure's Side. Might be able to refix it into place if I used a hot flame quick enough (but scared to discolour the plastic).

Botcon Sharkticons - One of the Sharks has a crooked spine :( The joint that connects the submarine cockpit area to its back is mangled, causing the back kibble to not sit straight whilst in robot mode - further causing the fig to be more back heavy and prone to falling backwards than the mold already is.

GoktimusPrime
20th July 2012, 11:43 PM
My BotCon Shadow Striker didn't come with any accessories. :( The first Flareup I got was missing a screw and fell apart on me -- thankfully I was able to exchange it for another one.

In terms of QC issues with Japanese limited exclusive toys... Gentei Thundercracker and Skywarp have issues with their weapons not attaching firmly and "floppy" wings.

SuspectimusPrime
21st July 2012, 04:37 PM
My BotCon Shadow Striker didn't come with any accessories. :(

By accessories, do you mean the bumper-weapon + exhauste pipe missile??? Those parts are integral to the mold's alt-mode.

In terms of QC issues with Japanese limited exclusive toys... Gentei Thundercracker and Skywarp have issues with their weapons not attaching firmly and "floppy" wings.

I've only got the CHMS KO of Skywarp, and I must say I was very impressed by the way all the joints hold up (less impressed with the paint-aps on his face). Compared to my Generations Thrust, which has a 1mm mal-formed piece of plastic that very effectively stopped him from transformation into robot mode. The cavity under the cockpit was not able to enclose on the inner-joint. I had to disassemble the chest and it took AGES sanding down 1mm worth of plastic on a relatively flat surface. He can transform, but its a little tight when getting that cockpit over the inner-joint.

Ravagecat
21st July 2012, 04:58 PM
This was a heated topic a few months ago, you weren't the only one burnt by this QC issue. It's relatively minor, but its the response from FunPub that was most unsatisfying/disappointing:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/shattered-glass-drift-quality-control-issues-response-from-transformers-collectorss-club/24119/

Interesting response from TCC...Thanks for the link SuspectimusPrime

GoktimusPrime
21st July 2012, 09:46 PM
By accessories, do you mean the bumper-weapon + exhauste pipe missile??? Those parts are integral to the mold's alt-mode.
Quite right. So my Shadow Striker couldn't even transform into vehicle mode properly. :( I since managed to get some parts from a Universe Side Burn, but the colours don't match. :/ Yeah, I should repaint it...

Yukitora
23rd July 2012, 06:45 PM
i don't know where to post nothing. i have no computer cause my monitor doesn't like my new motherboard. I've run out of glue and things for my sunny cosplay and i think is ears are too big ect. ALSO i need a back shot of Depthcharge so i can make the back of Depthcharge wings pattern ect. somebody get me a pic!

tinyJazz
24th July 2012, 02:59 AM
On the matter of TFCC/Botcon QC issue related vents, my own are:

TFCC Punch/Counterpunch - Head/automorph feature would not automorph properly, however that was easily remedied by disassembling the chest and a quick adjustment to the innards.

Did you use a guide for this fix? I think mine has the same problem, but I only transformed it once and put it away haha.

TFCC Sideburn - Plastic on left wing tip dented one side, a rather ironic QC issue, as the QC Burn here was on the figure's Side. Might be able to refix it into place if I used a hot flame quick enough (but scared to discolour the plastic).

Just use a hairdrier, or boiling water to soften the plastic. Fire will probably just melt it, and I wouldn't want to risk it catching alight.

SuspectimusPrime
24th July 2012, 09:08 PM
Did you use a guide for this fix? I think mine has the same problem, but I only transformed it once and put it away haha.

I wasn't aware of any guides to this. I just opened the chest up piece by piece. There are no springs or pressure pins, so you can't really break it. It was a bit like putting together Lego Technic pieces together, along with a bit of trial and error. :cool: I don't have a version of the mold on me in Melbourne, but can take apart one and take some photos once I get back to Sydney.

Just use a hairdrier, or boiling water to soften the plastic. Fire will probably just melt it, and I wouldn't want to risk it catching alight.

I might try that. Thanks for the tip! :)

tinyJazz
24th July 2012, 11:53 PM
I wasn't aware of any guides to this. I just opened the chest up piece by piece. There are no springs or pressure pins, so you can't really break it. It was a bit like putting together Lego Technic pieces together, along with a bit of trial and error. :cool: I don't have a version of the mold on me in Melbourne, but can take apart one and take some photos once I get back to Sydney.

Oh yes please! That would be awesome.

GoktimusPrime
25th July 2012, 09:52 AM
...my Device Label Cheetor just totally shattered and fell to pieces. It's been breaking and crumbling quite a bit lately -- but now it's completely fallen apart. :(

Yellow Plastic Syndrome FML :( :(

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_pain.gif

Yukitora
25th July 2012, 09:56 AM
bury him in the back yard.:(

5FDP
25th July 2012, 12:10 PM
bury him in the back yard.:(

That's no fun. THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7SKDnhI3Eg) is fun :D

iamirondude
25th July 2012, 03:04 PM
that was awesome.that's one less BB clogging up the shelves.

SuspectimusPrime
25th July 2012, 05:45 PM
It's been breaking and crumbling quite a bit lately -- [/IMG]

How often do you play with it? :confused::confused:

GoktimusPrime
26th July 2012, 11:31 AM
Not often, but I use it as a USB for work, so it's handled frequently when plugging into computers and stuff. And occasionally transformed/fiddled at my desk. ;) But usually just used as a USB. It just seems to have succumbed to the physical strain of being inserted and removed from USB ports repeatedly -- the actual toy that encases the USB unit itself is terribly fragile. :(

Hursticon
26th July 2012, 02:05 PM
That's no fun. THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7SKDnhI3Eg) is fun :D

that was awesome.that's one less BB clogging up the shelves.

Indeed, that was bloody terrific! :D:p

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st August 2012, 10:41 PM
Interesting response from TCC...Thanks for the link SuspectimusPrime

Thats putting it nicely.

I am officially tired of sticker sheets for my Japanese Prime toys. Too damn fiddly and I'd rather they dropped the Micron and gave me nice shiny paint instead.

GoktimusPrime
12th September 2012, 10:02 PM
Just spoke with a friend of mine -- he has a loose in box complete G1 Trypticon. A toy from his childhood which he has diligently maintained in excellent and complete condition with box, tray... everything. He's about to get married and he told me that his mother recently went through his room and decided that he didn't need this "old toy" anymore and CHUCKED IT OUT. :eek:

That's right, she threw away a loose complete in box w/ tray and inserts original G1 1986 Trypticon.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/spitdrink-1.gif

He then went for a mad frenzy through the rubbish and eventually salvaged it... but sadly the box was massively damaged, including water damage and a massive tear from one corner to another! :eek: Thankfully the toy itself is still fine. But fffuuuuuu--- He has no intention of ever selling this toy (I've spent over a decade and a half trying to buy it off him :p), and it's good that the toy's still okay... but still, to think that he's managed to take such good care of this toy and its box for 26 years; only to have it tossed out in the rubbish by his mum and the box massively damaged. Gah!

omg... one of the most emotional phone conversations about a toy evah! :eek:

kurdt_the_goat
12th September 2012, 10:16 PM
I think the lesson there is, you shouldn't be living with your mother after 26 years :)

SkyWarp91
12th September 2012, 10:24 PM
I think the lesson there is, you shouldn't be living with your mother after 26 years :)

Or inform your mother that toys, especially Transformers actually are worth MONEY lol

But that may have prompted the mother to sold them which would have been worse!

theshape
12th September 2012, 10:30 PM
oh god what a horrible story :(

liegeprime
12th September 2012, 11:15 PM
See that's one bad thing I hear about these mother's who do not respect their grown up kids privacy. Going thru his stuff and deciding arbitrarily like that ... has she not observed or KNOW her son at all?? My mom would never throw anything from my room, unless it was in the bin. She asks me first for items that I might keep coz she knows I collect stuff since I was in elementary. She knows my habits and stuff and as a sign of respect asks.... that is just rude of your friend's mum Gok.:mad::mad::mad:

5FDP
13th September 2012, 08:38 AM
I have a similar story. I had a poster in my bedroom back at my parents place and it was personally signed by the band after a concert I had attended. I was in the process of moving out (bought my own house) and the poster was one of the last items I needed to collect. My dad, taking the initiative to 'help' tidy my old room, scrunched up the poster and threw it in the bin with the rest of the household waste.

I was pissed-off to say the least and still am. The concert was one of the first dates I went on with my now wife so I had a lot of fond memories of that night. The question I kept asking myself is - why would he do that; it was a friggen poster that took up little space! He could have just as easily rolled it up and kept it aside for me. I've never forgiven him for that... amongst other things.

jazzcomp
13th September 2012, 09:07 AM
Simple - another man's junk is another man's treasure. Most other people don't value collections and just consider them rubbish.

I have stuff at home that my dad constantly bug me about throwing them out. I politely ask him to leave my old room alone unless they are going to use it. It's not bothering anyone. He just has nothing to do (retired) so he just wants to be busy. I lost a small box filled w/ g1 accessories/guns. I kept them together and I knew where they are before I left but now all gone :(

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2012, 11:15 AM
He's not. He's been living with his fiancée for the last few years. I think the lesson is, when you move out, don't leave any valuables behind.

Or inform your mother that toys, especially Transformers actually are worth MONEY lol
This too.

Trent
13th September 2012, 12:12 PM
Did his mum at least feel bad when he informed her of her mistake/value of toy?

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2012, 12:23 PM
During our conversation our connection got lost (my house must've gone through a tunnel :p). In the time it took me to call him back, he was talking to someone in the background (they speak a language I don't understand) -- he told me that he'd just told his mum about the value, and I heard no reply. Sooo... looks like she doesn't give a stuff. She only decreased the value of the toy by $500... :rolleyes:

UltraMarginal
13th September 2012, 01:09 PM
During our conversation our connection got lost (my house must've gone through a tunnel :p). In the time it took me to call him back, he was talking to someone in the background (they speak a language I don't understand) -- he told me that he'd just told his mum about the value, and I heard no reply. Sooo... looks like she doesn't give a stuff. She only decreased the value of the toy by $500... :rolleyes:

but really though for him, it's not about the value so much as keeping it in perfect nick, including the box. perhaps he should have moved it a bit earlier.

I'm lucky, both my parents respect my privacy and space.
The only change my Mum made to my room after I moved out to go to uni was to replace my old single bed with a queen bed after I got married so we have somewhere comfortable to sleep when we visit my parents now.

on the subject of venting about Transformers.

last time I was home I thought about transforming my thunderclash and shattered the chest panel off because I didn't realise the hinge was made of gold plastic. I now treat all my late G1 and G2 figures with super kid gloves. need to figure out how to fix it without destroying the rest of it. I have found a junker with an intact hinge, it's the swapping and replacing that's going to be the hard part...

new thought, maybe I can make a new one through shapeways... :cool:

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2012, 03:31 PM
but really though for him, it's not about the value so much as keeping it in perfect nick, including the box.
Oh absolutely. He's spent over 20 years maintaining that thing complete loose in box. At least he managed to save the toy though... that's the main thing really.

perhaps he should have moved it a bit earlier.
It's because he never plays with it (well, apparently he played with it 3 months ago - the first time he's done so in 15-20 years). :rolleyes: I've been bugging him for yeeeaaars to give/sell me that toy since it just spends all of its time languishing in his cupboard not being used. But yeah, he really should've taken that with him.

SuspectimusPrime
13th September 2012, 04:46 PM
See that's one bad thing I hear about these mother's who do not respect their grown up kids privacy. Going thru his stuff and deciding arbitrarily like that ... has she not observed or KNOW her son at all?? My mom would never throw anything from my room, unless it was in the bin. She asks me first for items that I might keep coz she knows I collect stuff since I was in elementary. She knows my habits and stuff and as a sign of respect asks.... that is just rude of your friend's mum Gok.:mad::mad::mad:

That's really nice and liberal of your mum. My mum only starting taking my TF's seriously after throwing out a minty G2 Rotorstorm box with ALL my instructions, old catalogues, and tech specs that I collected as a kid. I was devastated. With my entire growing collection still being sent to Sydney while I'm working in Melbourne now, I'm still ever afraid that mum will have a Goki's friend's mum moment :o

new thought, maybe I can make a new one through shapeways... :cool:

That would be super cool! The sky's the limit once I get over the little problem of mastering 3D modelling :p

It's because he never plays with it (well, apparently he played with it 3 months ago - the first time he's done so in 15-20 years). :rolleyes:

At least he enjoyed it once before the inevitable :)

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2012, 11:26 PM
Fall of Cybertron Dinobot Destructor pack... the build that looks like Slag is called Snarl, and the build that looks like Snarl is called Slug. :eek:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_shoulders.gif

Autocon
14th September 2012, 12:46 AM
Fall of Cybertron Dinobot Destructor pack... the build that looks like Slag is called Snarl, and the build that looks like Snarl is called Slug. :eek:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_shoulders.gif

Reckon it should be snarl and snare then swoop and sludge:D

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2012, 11:35 AM
Snare (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Snare)'s a Decepticon Predator.

rocman12
14th September 2012, 06:24 PM
Everytime i seem to move, i seem to loose a tf!!!

Starscream77
16th September 2012, 06:38 PM
Just put together my first Kreo, Starscream of course, and what a waste of time! Won't be buying anymore of them. Painful to assemble and very average to view.

GoktimusPrime
16th September 2012, 08:02 PM
I agree. The only thing I like about them are the Kreons, but it's not worth collecting the whole set just to get one. Hopefully they'll release those individually packaged Kreons here.

Kazza
26th September 2012, 10:01 PM
Just recieved my masterpiece ultra magnus (takara, not takara tomy) which was listed as new/sealed on ebay, upon recieving it, heard something rolling, opened it up and the head was rolling around (nothing broken, guess it fell off the ball joint), but yeah, toy WASNT NEW :mad: Twist cables were all absent so nothing kept the figure secure inside box, matrix battery was dead and the plastic protecting the cardboard trailer was gone, so the cardboard had some damage to it, at best this toy should of been listed as complete or MIB, i paid $162 aud (inc shipping) for it and i expect NEW. Waiting for the guys response to see if he will partial refund me before i leave neutral/negative feedback. The only good thing about UM is that he looked like he was never transformed (probably used as display piece)

GoktimusPrime
6th October 2012, 01:05 AM
So you remember that friend of mine who had his G1 Trypticon chucked out (then rescued). Today is his wedding... so I've attached this image (http://www.seibertron.com/images/caption/large/020309seibertron.jpg) onto the card! (with some love hearts down the bottom) :D

Ode to a Grasshopper
27th October 2012, 11:28 PM
Got a long-anticipated Leader Brawl today, but he comes with no instructions and in robot mode...trying to figure out the transformation in reverse from photos and video reviews just about drove me nuts! I've pretty much got it now but :mad:
And Scalpel...Scalpel is just weak. He's almost as bad as Airachnid, only spared from her level of awfulness because he's a lower price point. In the same way that the same line that gave us FE Starscream (well, sorta) and PRiDE Vehicon really should have been able to do a better job of Airachnid, seeing pieces like Bludgeon and Skyhammer and then getting this PoC is really disappointing, especially since there were such great Scouts from RotF.

GoktimusPrime
28th October 2012, 10:17 AM
IMHO this is just endemic of the problem of having toys based on show models. Animators don't know how to design toys and toy designers have to conform to strict limitations. I much prefer the more conventional way where Transformers were made as toys first, then if animators needed to include them, they would make show models based on the already existing toys. But of course, animators would then use "creative licensing" to make the toys look better in the cartoon, and you have some people who whinge about a lack of "show accuracy" <shudder>.

I'd much rather have a better engineered toy that doesn't look as similar to the show model, than have a toy that looks more similar to the show model that's not a well designed toy. And I suspect most kids (the majority demographic) would feel the same.

LordCyrusOmega
28th October 2012, 02:03 PM
My Transmetal Megatron Just shattered again, shoulder pad this time. Would be even more pissed if i didn't have a takara version incoming.
So I spent some time on YouTube watching GPS videos and it go me thinking. Has Hasbro ever offerred official word on this? I'm thinking that because a large number of toys suffer from this and sometimes we pay large money (think G1) or at least inflated prices for toys that disintegrate, are we able to do something as a comunity about this? Some toys were brought at retail that are only now falling apart even though they're not touched and it happens to MISB collectors as well.
Compensation?

I know TM Megatron isn't GPS but it's close enough. Maybe BPS? Brittle PLastic Syndrome.

Hursticon
28th October 2012, 02:21 PM
My Transmetal Megatron Just shattered again, shoulder pad this time. Would be even more pissed if i didn't have a takara version incoming.
So I spent some time on YouTube watching GPS videos and it go me thinking. Has Hasbro ever offerred official word on this? I'm thinking that because a large number of toys suffer from this and sometimes we pay large money (think G1) or at least inflated prices for toys that disintegrate, are we able to do something as a comunity about this? Some toys were brought at retail that are only now falling apart even though they're not touched and it happens to MISB collectors as well.
Compensation?

I know TM Megatron isn't GPS but it's close enough. Maybe BPS? Brittle PLastic Syndrome.

Compensation? - Extremely doubtful and in any case far & away too expensive to even try to pursue. :o

Sucks to hear about Megs man but indeed it is good at least that you've got a Takara version inbound; I ended up just rubber-banding my busted Megs' arm back into place and have him permanently displayed in Beast mode - perhaps you might consider doing something similar? ;):)

LordCyrusOmega
28th October 2012, 03:01 PM
Both arms shattered first time out which I managed to glue back together. All good. Then yesterday the pad with the VTOL engine hinge shattered. I'm over trying to repair broken toys. Toys I break due to rough handling, my fault, I'll wear that. Toys that shatter for no reason other then poor design; another matter entirely

Hursticon
28th October 2012, 03:04 PM
Both arms shattered first time out which I managed to glue back together. All good. Then yesterday the pad with the VTOL engine hinge shattered. I'm over trying to repair broken toys. Toys I break due to rough handling, my fault, I'll wear that. Toys that shatter for no reason other then poor design; another matter entirely

Agreed, which is why I'm glad that advancements have been made since this bloke came out & why I really do wish that Beast wars characters would get the full-on proper Classicsverse treatment... Sigh, pipe dreams. :o

LordCyrusOmega
28th October 2012, 04:01 PM
Yep, though that seems to have gone backwars lately. New toys that snap as soon as out of package. Repaired then snapped again straight away.
I'd rather Masterpiece over classicverse to be honest

GoktimusPrime
28th October 2012, 09:55 PM
Nah, you'd be hard pressed to get compensation from Hasbro. The problem with GPS/BPS is that the damage happens years if not decades after the toy has been purchased -- so it's pretty much beyond "warranty" so to speak. Like I bought my G1 Monster Pretenders in 1989, but I never had any problems with them breaking until 2002 -- thirteen years later! I bought Transmetal Megatron in 1998 and didn't have a problem with that until 2005 - seven years after the fact. Most car sellers won't give you a warranty that long, let alone for a mere toy. :o I guess Hasbro assumes that kids will have "grown out" of toys after 7-13 years of purchasing it. What a silly idea! :p

Ode to a Grasshopper
28th October 2012, 10:08 PM
Nah, you'd be hard pressed to get compensation from Hasbro. The problem with GPS/BPS is that the damage happens years if not decades after the toy has been purchased -- so it's pretty much beyond "warranty" so to speak.There's also the fact that we don't buy the toys from Hasbro directly but from secondary sellers (be they KMart or eBay sellers). Any problems with the product would have to go through them, and even if by some miracle you could get 'compensation' from Hasbro itself it'd likely be the standard 'approximate value in whatever old stock we have lying around'.

GoktimusPrime
28th October 2012, 10:10 PM
...and I wonder how many of us would have even kept our receipts from 1989 and 1998! :p Heh... I bought my Monster Pretenders from Kmart Castle Hill... imagine the looks on their faces if I tried to bring Slog and Bristleback in with their original receipts! They'd definitely be beyond warranty! :D

I can't remember if I paid for Transmetal Megatron in cash or with card... and I definitely do NOT have that card anymore! (cos some stores only refund your money in the same way you paid it - e.g. they have to refund it back to the same card that you originally used to pay for it). Actually... I think I might have gotten Transmetal Megatron from Kmart Castle Hill too! Hey -- my latest acquisition (BotShots Powerglide) was from there too (and I don't even live there anymore - I just happened to be at Castle Towers on Thursday night cos my wife wanted to do some shopping there)! Whoa... :eek:

Cat
30th October 2012, 02:15 AM
I'm kinda still venting about the supposed animation art piece I bought.

It's what I expected, and I absolutely believe that while it is by the layout artist, it's not a genuine animation-used piece.

I was hoping having it in hand would provide answers, but it's given nothing further.

Sky Shadow
30th October 2012, 11:21 AM
I'm kinda still venting about the supposed animation art piece I bought.

It's what I expected, and I absolutely believe that while it is by the layout artist, it's not a genuine animation-used piece.

I was hoping having it in hand would provide answers, but it's given nothing further.

Sorry to hear that - have you posted an image of it somewhere?

Paul Agnew
30th October 2012, 03:30 PM
If it matters, my Transmetal Megatron originally broke at the waist a few days after recieving it.

Went out and had it replaced. On this occasion however, both waist and left leg joints snapped clean off. Again. Several days later. :eek:

Must have left a lasting impression on me. How else does it explain my turning into a nervous wreck while attempting to transform Armada Predacon? :p

Cat
30th October 2012, 03:37 PM
Sorry to hear that - have you posted an image of it somewhere?

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m80/KJ_81/KGrHqNHJCsEcFzVNtbBQO8HDoSHQ60_12.jpg

That's the auction pic, and that's actually all there is to see, other than the punched holes on the top.

It's VERY sloppily drawn. It looks a million times cleaner in the small pic.

I know it's drawn by Darell. I just believe its by Darell NOW, and not then. The seller is also innocent in this, I believe.

Others are questioning these too. There' similar pieces for JEM, GIJOE, and more.

All single image close-ups of main characters. Production codes also sometimes don't match up to style or costume of the drawing attached.

Cat
30th October 2012, 03:50 PM
Compensation?

GPS does cover the whole symptom, regardless of colour.

The metallic flakes or swirls are the giveaway/common factor.

Hasbro has said they no longer believe it to be an issue, as they've cut back on the amount of metallic flakes used, which they believe was the issue.
http://www.toyark.com/news/transformers-toy-news-2/hasbro-transformers-june-2010-qna-2867/

Of course there have been examples this century of GPS though, so who knows. It may take a few years to happen, in some cases.

Compensation is not going to happen. The secondary market is also not Hasbro's responsibility.

We also know which older toys are GPS prone, so it's not like we're buying them without knowing (anyone involved online should/would likely know what to look for).

Brittle plastic is different. Plastic gets more brittle as it ages. Clear plastic is the worst for this, as its already more brittle to start with.

These toys aren't going to last forever. Some will last longer.

Hasbro really only has a responsibility for a short period of time. It's unreasonable to want compensation for G1 and BW toys. They're of a fair age, and you'd have no case. Even big appliance/car manufacturers are required ri have soare parts available for something like 7-10 years. They also no longer have some of the molds involved, so fixed reissues aren't always possible.

Buyer beware, basically.

SuspectimusPrime
30th October 2012, 05:42 PM
If it matters, my Transmetal Megatron originally broke at the waist a few days after recieving it.

Went out and had it replaced. On this occasion however, both waist and left leg joints snapped clean off. Again. Several days later. :eek:

Must have left a lasting impression on me. How else does it explain my turning into a nervous wreck while attempting to transform Armada Predacon? :p

Did you get it MISB?

I remember playing with my Transmetal Megatron for years before getting bored and giving it away to my cousin - roughly 6 years ago. From the last time I visited his place, it looked like it was still in top condition - displayed out of box and slightly collecting dust on his shelf.

Starscream77
30th October 2012, 09:41 PM
More of a postal vent but transformers related of course.
So 13 weeks ago I ordered a junker Galvatron for a project of eBay and postage said 3 weeks from Canada. After 12 weeks of emails and frustration I give up on it. On the weekend I got one at Penrith collector fair for 10 bucks. So guess what showed up today in the post ?!?!? A box that looked like it had been kicked across the country with Gal in it.
Not angry on the money side but what the hell is wrong with Canadian Post ?!?!?!?
Grrrrrrrrr

GoktimusPrime
30th October 2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I experienced the same thing when I did a trade with a collector in Canada. He got the toy I sent him like within a week or two from Australia post... took me months to get my toy from him from Canada Post. Gah!
Ouais, j'ai vécu la même chose quand j'ai fait un échange avec un collectionneur au Canada. Il a obtenu le jouet que je lui ai envoyé le souhaitez pendant une semaine ou deux après l'Australie à partir de ... m'a pris mois pour obtenir mon jouet de lui de Postes Canada. Ouh la la!

Megatron
30th October 2012, 10:55 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m80/KJ_81/KGrHqNHJCsEcFzVNtbBQO8HDoSHQ60_12.jpg

That's the auction pic, and that's actually all there is to see, other than the punched holes on the top.

It's VERY sloppily drawn. It looks a million times cleaner in the small pic.

I know it's drawn by Darell. I just believe its by Darell NOW, and not then. The seller is also innocent in this, I believe.

Others are questioning these too. There' similar pieces for JEM, GIJOE, and more.

All single image close-ups of main characters. Production codes also sometimes don't match up to style or costume of the drawing attached.

:eek: I've been looking at some of these (of G1 Megs in particular) for what seems like months now as they keep popping up on eBay, but I haven't yet felt the need to bid on any. I've been wondering about their authenticity and/or whether or not they are worth getting.

Sky Shadow
30th October 2012, 11:38 PM
I know it's drawn by Darell. I just believe its by Darell NOW, and not then.

Unfortunately, I think this is exactly right - Darrell McNeil wanted some money, so he drew some blueline and pencil on animation paper, signed it, added a production code and voila. They're not even very good - I can draw better than any of the ones on eBay. What a prick. Also, although he did work on Jem, I don't think he ever did Transformers or G.I.Joe: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1396728/

Cat
31st October 2012, 01:28 AM
I was sus about these all along, but figured for the price it was worth a look.
I was interested to see what they'd be like in hand. I thought that would give me an answer, and it did.

The paper is pristine, and fresh. It clearly hasn't been in any use.

The seller is honest though. I must stress that I absolutely believe that. He happens to be good friends with Darell, and I believe that has clouded his judgement. He offered me a full refund, and to pay my return shipping. I can't fault the seller at all.

IMO McNeill is abusing his résumé, his past experience and current friends and contacts.

While I'm keeping mine, I wouldn't advise anyone else to buy one. The line work is incredibly poor. These are literally 10 second sketches.

Megatron
31st October 2012, 09:20 AM
That helps, thanx for the info. I won't be getting any.

Paul Agnew
31st October 2012, 10:55 AM
Did you get it MISB?

The answer is yes I did. Both times.

GoktimusPrime
31st October 2012, 12:59 PM
When did you get your MISB TM Megatrons?? Because with GPS/BPS the plastic will continue to "rot" even if the toy is kept sealed. You can buy the toy years later after it's been manufactured, and it can still break on you. That's precisely what happened when I bought Randy... the toy came out in 1999, I bought it last year (for only a few bucks thankfully) and the toy broke on me as soon as I opened it and was slowly/carefully removing it from the tray. If I'd purchased that toy sealed in 1999 and it broke on me, then I'd be demanding a refund/exchange. But buying it MISB second hand (found it at a collectables store, but not a 'primary retailer' like TRU) and having it break is different.

So if you purchased and opened your Transmetal Megatrons MISB in 1998 (or not long after) and it broke on you, then I'd say that you should've brought them back to the store for refund/exchange. If you bought them MISB well after 1998 then I'm not surprised that it happened given the nature of that toy's plastic.

UltraMarginal
31st October 2012, 01:26 PM
Compensation?

Compensation? - Extremely doubtful and in any case far & away too expensive to even try to pursue. :o

Sucks to hear about Megs man but indeed it is good at least that you've got a Takara version inbound; I ended up just rubber-banding my busted Megs' arm back into place and have him permanently displayed in Beast mode - perhaps you might consider doing something similar? ;):)

I have suffered a little GPS with some of my turbomasters, from late G1, I have an idea rolling around in the back of my head of developing a spare parts inventory that is GPS pieces, modelled and molded in modern plastic. probably wont ever happen but would support long term viability of otherwise destroyed toys.

So 13 weeks ago I ordered a junker Galvatron for a project of eBay and postage said 3 weeks from Canada. After 12 weeks of emails and frustration I give up on it. On the weekend I got one at Penrith collector fair for 10 bucks. So guess what showed up today in the post ?!?!? A box that looked like it had been kicked across the country with Gal in it.
Not angry on the money side but what the hell is wrong with Canadian Post ?!?!?!?
Grrrrrrrrr

I have never had a good experience with Canada post, it is slow expensive and unreliable. Often on eBay I pass up on something I'm interested in simply because it's located in Canada.

SuspectimusPrime
31st October 2012, 11:01 PM
When did you get your MISB TM Megatrons?? Because with GPS/BPS the plastic will continue to "rot" even if the toy is kept sealed. You can buy the toy years later after it's been manufactured, and it can still break on you. That's precisely what happened when I bought Randy... the toy came out in 1999, I bought it last year (for only a few bucks thankfully) and the toy broke on me as soon as I opened it and was slowly/carefully removing it from the tray. If I'd purchased that toy sealed in 1999 and it broke on me, then I'd be demanding a refund/exchange. But buying it MISB second hand (found it at a collectables store, but not a 'primary retailer' like TRU) and having it break is different.

So if you purchased and opened your Transmetal Megatrons MISB in 1998 (or not long after) and it broke on you, then I'd say that you should've brought them back to the store for refund/exchange. If you bought them MISB well after 1998 then I'm not surprised that it happened given the nature of that toy's plastic.

I recently removed a MISB Airazor from packaging and the plastic felt really tight and squeaked a lot during transformation. I noticed this issue does not happen to BW toys I played with continuously as a kid. Have you noticed this as well (seeing how you periodically do role plays with your collection :))?

Grrrrrrrrr

I have never had a good experience with Canada post, it is slow expensive and unreliable. Often on eBay I pass up on something I'm interested in simply because it's located in Canada.

Sounds like their unions (http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1267757--canada-post-and-canadian-union-of-postal-workers-strike-deal-despite-lack-of-arbitrator) are quite the militant bunch.

Deonasis
3rd November 2012, 10:01 AM
I don't use Photobucket but ALOT of people do. And when Photobucket is down, I don't see any pics :(

Cat
12th November 2012, 03:32 AM
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=370684280258&index=6&nav=SEARCH&nid=93509950691

Oh dear.

These fake animation prelims are getting worse.

I see he's now trying to do fuller- figure shots, which is funny.

For pieces done decades ago for screen-use, why is it that when there are specific areas of complaint about these pieces, that's soon followed by the 'discovery' of more pieces that answer that negative criticism!!

Sky Shadow
12th November 2012, 08:02 AM
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=370684280258&index=6&nav=SEARCH&nid=93509950691

Oh dear.

At this point, surely the seller has to be in on it too. He's got so much experience with animation cels: if we can tell they're fake there's no way he honestly thinks they're vintage.

kup
12th November 2012, 09:43 AM
Compensation?

I have both Takara and Hasbro releases of TM1 Megatron. When I bought the Hasbro one, the arm was broken so I repaired it. The reason why GPS breaks is that the plastic hardens to near porcelain like state loosing all flexibility. If any amount of pressure is applied such as ball joint pressure or spring pressure that would normally require the plastic to flex a bit, it will cause it to crack just like a porcelain tea cup.

I knew that although my TM Megatron was now repaired, it had the potential to break if I begun to move the joints and a guaranteed breakage if I transformed him. So I went around and modified the joints to remove or divert any pressure on the GPS plastic and it worked! I can now pose and even transform the figure without further breaks but I do still have to be very, very careful.

I did the same with Pyro and Bristleback. The hinge on my Torka tail had to be completely repaired as there was nearly nothing left of it.

SuspectimusPrime
12th November 2012, 01:38 PM

Oh dear.

I see he's now trying to do fuller- figure shots, which is funny.

For pieces done decades ago for screen-use, why is it that when there are specific areas of complaint about these pieces, that's soon followed by the 'discovery' of more pieces that answer that negative criticism!!

At least you can see most of Bumblebee in that shot, as opposed to this cell of Ironhide: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-G1-Ironhide-Animation-Pencil-Art-signed-1984-Hasbro-UA12-/370684269753?pt=Collectibles_Animation_Art&hash=item564e8114b9&_uhb=1#ht_502wt_1166

Sky Shadow
12th November 2012, 03:27 PM
At least you can see most of Bumblebee in that shot, as opposed to this cell of Ironhide: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-G1-Ironhide-Animation-Pencil-Art-signed-1984-Hasbro-UA12-/370684269753?pt=Collectibles_Animation_Art&hash=item564e8114b9&_uhb=1#ht_502wt_1166

And I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to determine the authenticity of this one (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-G1-Ironhide-Animation-Pencil-Art-signed-1984-Hasbro-UA13-/390493067816?pt=Collectibles_Animation_Art&hash=item5aeb335a28). Shall we start reporting the auctions to eBay and then watch them do nothing about it? (I reported 390493067816, 390493065895, 390493079391, 370684278389, 370684281144, 370684280258, 370684272122, 370684271357, 370684269753 and 390493067816.)

Megatron
12th November 2012, 03:34 PM

In the listing description it says:

"This is really an outstanding piece. ...

The time, effort and attention to detail are incredible. A great find!

Used in the production of the animation film and each was used only once. We have only a very limited supply of Transformers animation Pencil Drawing animation."

Yeah... seriously?? Rare works of art I'm sure.

Sadly, he's already sold quite a few.

I'm getting sick of seeing these continually popping up on eBay.

Cat
13th November 2012, 05:36 AM
At this point, surely the seller has to be in on it too. He's got so much experience with animation cels: if we can tell they're fake there's no way he honestly thinks they're vintage.

I get that he's blinded by his friendship, and that he absolutely trusts his friend, but yeah, it's getting rather ridiculous.

UltraMarginal
13th November 2012, 03:52 PM

and what is with the autosplot symbol on bumblebee chest?!?!?

I have both Takara and Hasbro releases of TM1 Megatron. When I bought the Hasbro one, the arm was broken so I repaired it. The reason why GPS breaks is that the plastic hardens to near porcelain like state loosing all flexibility. If any amount of pressure is applied such as ball joint pressure or spring pressure that would normally require the plastic to flex a bit, it will cause it to crack just like a porcelain tea cup.

To be specific and anal about it:o, apparently it's the gold flecks in the plastic that stop it from binding properly into a homogenous state. Also the plastic doesn't harden (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardness)so much as becomes brittle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittleness)

even then, the brittleness of gold plastic is apparent from the day it is manufactured, increased brittleness is something that is apparent in a lot of plastics which is a breakdown of the bonds between the hydrocarbon chains over time, often attributed to UV light. the bonds in gold plastic are low to start with.

I knew that although my TM Megatron was now repaired, it had the potential to break if I begun to move the joints and a guaranteed breakage if I transformed him. So I went around and modified the joints to remove or divert any pressure on the GPS plastic and it worked! I can now pose and even transform the figure without further breaks but I do still have to be very, very careful.

That's plain impressive, I wish I'd have thought of doing that before mindlessly transforming my thunderclash and snapping his chest off.:(.

Cat
14th November 2012, 03:23 AM
I'm venting that my package with MP sideswipe in it seems to have gone runabout.

Nothing after it was scanned on arrival at Chicago. I had one sent two days earlier, same method, and by BBTS again, and it tracked perfectly and arrived 6 days after initial scan.

Australia Post has nothing on it, and they even advised me to inform BBTS, as it should be here, and these big gaps shouldn't exist on 'premium services' (his words).

Kazza
23rd November 2012, 05:58 PM
So I opened up my TRU MP Optimus Prime to give it a quick inspection and noticed that one of the metal rods on the trailer is rusted.:mad: I might have to go back down to TRU to get it replaced.:( But what i want to know is how did the rod get rusted so quickly for such a new toy. Anyone else have rust on theirs?

Bidoofdude
23rd November 2012, 06:47 PM
So you did cave, eh Kazza?

Sky Shadow
23rd November 2012, 06:51 PM
Four years after I posted this (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=67150&postcount=1) I'm still pissed off every time someone refers to a Masterpiece toy by letters and a number. And now there's the 'minions' thing on top of it. I'm dreading the release of the Masterpiece cassettes. :mad:

Kazza
23rd November 2012, 06:59 PM
So you did cave, eh Kazza?

Well $112.50 is a good price, but still f**king pissed off there is rust on the trailer.

5FDP
23rd November 2012, 10:47 PM
Four years after I posted this (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=67150&postcount=1) I'm still pissed off every time someone refers to a Masterpiece toy by letters and a number. And now there's the 'minions' thing on top of it. I'm dreading the release of the Masterpiece cassettes. :mad:

(Comments and alternate POVs are, of course, welcome.)

Don't mind if I do...

If that's one of your main concerns / frustrations, you need to learn how to relax. It's not only limited to the MP line, we also have topics like this (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14879) which I had no idea about until I clicked on the topic because I'm not following that particular toy line. Also, don't forget that the packaging for the TakTom MP series features the MP-XX designation therefore it's an official identifier and not some fan-made term e.g. TFPRIDE, CHUG etc.

Sky Shadow
23rd November 2012, 11:07 PM
It's not only limited to the MP line, we also have topics like this (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14879) which I had no idea about until I clicked on the topic because I'm not following that particular toy line. Also, don't forget that the packaging for the TakTom MP series features the MP-XX designation therefore it's an official identifier and not some fan-made term e.g. TFPRIDE, CHUG etc.

Yeah, all that's annoying too. Basically I just don't like terms that are unintelligible without having to look them up.

5FDP
23rd November 2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah, all that's annoying too. Basically I just don't like terms that are unintelligible without having to look them up.

Someone once said to me 'you only know what you know'. Just imagine how daunting it is for a newbie on this forum. It would be like learning a second language :p Personally, I think you're doing alright Sky Shadow, enough to not have to worry about trivial things such as MP-this and MP-that :)

I'll bet B1 and B2 gave you nightmares when you were a youngen :D

Kapryiath
24th November 2012, 12:37 AM
I'll bet B1 and B2 gave you nightmares when you were a youngen :D

you sir, just made my night :D!

my girlfriend hates it when i talk about mp-01 etc because she can never remember which ones which and thats fair enough i think the only mp XX's i use are really for the two mp molds or if i'm trying to remember them in chronological order

gamblor916
24th November 2012, 01:28 AM
I think it's just to avoid confusion. If you say for example Masterpiece Starscream, that can refer to 'Greenscream', the Hasbro release, clear version, movie F22 or the new revised mould.

kup
24th November 2012, 08:53 AM
In the listing description it says:

"This is really an outstanding piece. ...

The time, effort and attention to detail are incredible. A great find!

Used in the production of the animation film and each was used only once. We have only a very limited supply of Transformers animation Pencil Drawing animation."

Yeah... seriously?? Rare works of art I'm sure.

Sadly, he's already sold quite a few.

I'm getting sick of seeing these continually popping up on eBay.

How can he possibly sell them? They clearly look fake.

Are people that stupid?

Trent
24th November 2012, 10:15 AM
I think it's just to avoid confusion. If you say for example Masterpiece Starscream, that can refer to 'Greenscream', the Hasbro release, clear version, movie F22 or the new revised mould.

Talking about your masterpiece Prime could be confusing without the codes. We have MP-01, MP-04 and now MP-10.

Talking by code is actually easier and creates less confusion.

Hursticon
24th November 2012, 10:23 PM
Talking about your masterpiece Prime could be confusing without the codes. We have MP-01, MP-04 and now MP-10.

Talking by code is actually easier and creates less confusion.

I tend to agree ;); When 5FDP mentioned the 'Arms Micron' line's numeric descriptors though, I'll admit I have no idea who corresponds to AM-01, 02, 03 etc. :o

Trent
24th November 2012, 11:30 PM
I tend to agree ;); When 5FDP mentioned the 'Arms Micron' line's numeric descriptors though, I'll admit I have no idea who corresponds to AM-01, 02, 03 etc. :o

Yeah I have no idea either but that's because I'm not into the Prime line. If I was I'd probably have a good idea what the were. If I really wanted to know I'd google them.

Hursticon
25th November 2012, 12:02 AM
Yeah I have no idea either but that's because I'm not into the Prime line. If I was I'd probably have a good idea what the were. If I really wanted to know I'd google them.

True, very true. ;):)

Sky Shadow
25th November 2012, 09:13 AM

This is my point though. I actually collect the Decepticon Arms Microns and I have no idea what their numbers are, because they're meaningless. Nobody should have to Google numbers just to know what someone is talking about. Using numbers instead of words is just lazy and uncommunicative.

GoktimusPrime
25th November 2012, 09:27 AM
I agree. I don't know most MP or AM or any other line numbers off by heart. I don't mind the numbers being used in conjunction with the names, as it can help differentiate them, like if you say "MP01 Convoy" as opposed to "MP10 Convoy" -- and personally I would know who MP01 and MP10 are on their own, but I wouldn't know the MP codes for most of my other Masterpieces. When I tell people that I have the Japanese MP Thundercracker, I just say that I have the Japanese or TakaraTOMY MP Thundercracker. I honestly could _not_ tell you what the number of that toy would be without looking it up. Ditto Grimlock and Rodimus etc. Heck, I don't even know what MP Lambor's number is off the top of my head. Many G1 reissues have numbers too... yet I haven't seen anyone refer to them by numbers. :/

christalcase
26th November 2012, 03:54 PM
boo!!! The rereleased FE Optimus from BBTS looks like this:

http://i46.tinypic.com/oiry94.jpg
(image from tfw2005 boards (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/489346-transformers-prime-voyager-optimus-prime-review-pics-34.html))

Compared with this:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lc8d1.jpg
(image link (http://www.google.com.au/imgres?num=10&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=685&tbm=isch&tbnid=B8VI6R1zgPvTpM:&imgrefurl=http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view%2Bclassifieds/id/5326885/Transformers%2BPrime%2B(Bee/Arcee/Scream)&docid=I55i1bHH0NMhXM&imgurl=http://cdn.sulitstatic.com/images/2012/0416/021505267_021446579d5609d0ff032b2d6758271177b4cf07 9a70d838f.jpg&w=600&h=441&ei=XPWyUJzAOI_SmAX1xoCoDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=562&vpy=21&dur=621&hovh=192&hovw=262&tx=136&ty=141&sig=103816581548937838693&page=1&tbnh=149&tbnw=186&start=0&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:27,s:0,i:171))

That... is kinda disappointing as it ruins the truck mode, at least it's hidden in robot. Still... the brown is a very ugly colour and what a way to cut costs... (mine's not the only way that has this unpainted panel)

Starscream77
26th November 2012, 04:05 PM
I agree. I don't know most MP or AM or any other line numbers off by heart. I don't mind the numbers being used in conjunction with the names, as it can help differentiate them, like if you say "MP01 Convoy" as opposed to "MP10 Convoy" -- and personally I would know who MP01 and MP10 are on their own, but I wouldn't know the MP codes for most of my other Masterpieces. When I tell people that I have the Japanese MP Thundercracker, I just say that I have the Japanese or TakaraTOMY MP Thundercracker. I honestly could _not_ tell you what the number of that toy would be without looking it up. Ditto Grimlock and Rodimus etc. Heck, I don't even know what MP Lambor's number is off the top of my head. Many G1 reissues have numbers too... yet I haven't seen anyone refer to them by numbers. :/

Same, i collect all of the metioned lines but find myself having to look up these numbers all the time (i thought it was just me and didnt wanna look dumb) so yeah my opinion is that is very frustrating and makes it hard for some of us to keep up (especially the AM's as there are so many now)

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th November 2012, 08:27 PM

(image from tfw2005 boards (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/489346-transformers-prime-voyager-optimus-prime-review-pics-34.html))

Compared with this:

(image link (http://www.google.com.au/imgres?num=10&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=685&tbm=isch&tbnid=B8VI6R1zgPvTpM:&imgrefurl=http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view%2Bclassifieds/id/5326885/Transformers%2BPrime%2B(Bee/Arcee/Scream)&docid=I55i1bHH0NMhXM&imgurl=http://cdn.sulitstatic.com/images/2012/0416/021505267_021446579d5609d0ff032b2d6758271177b4cf07 9a70d838f.jpg&w=600&h=441&ei=XPWyUJzAOI_SmAX1xoCoDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=562&vpy=21&dur=621&hovh=192&hovw=262&tx=136&ty=141&sig=103816581548937838693&page=1&tbnh=149&tbnw=186&start=0&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:27,s:0,i:171))

That... is kinda disappointing as it ruins the truck mode, at least it's hidden in robot. Still... the brown is a very ugly colour and what a way to cut costs... (mine's not the only way that has this unpainted panel)

Wow, looks like they completely forgot to add the red to that panel before putting it together...:eek:

UltraMarginal
27th November 2012, 09:57 PM

Compared with this:

yeah, I've been loking at that all week trying to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger. the initial release first editions are still too expensive on Evilbay.:(

christalcase
27th November 2012, 10:34 PM
yeah, I've been loking at that all week trying to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger. the initial release first editions are still too expensive on Evilbay.:(

Yeah, and because of this paint change the initial batch will probably keep their value. I think if you're going to get this to display in robot mode then get the re-released version, since it's unnoticeable in robot.

Seriously though, who thought it was a good idea to just not paint this section?! Completely ruins the truck mode :(

loophole
29th November 2012, 10:41 AM
I don't get why everyone likes die cast on there figures and any new stuff is rated if it has die cast or not, I for one am happy that die cast isn't used anymore as it can weigh the figure down and the paint chips easier....

SkyWarp91
29th November 2012, 11:10 AM
I don't get why everyone likes die cast on there figures and any new stuff is rated if it has die cast or not, I for one am happy that die cast isn't used anymore as it can weigh the figure down and the paint chips easier....

**coughs** Titanium figures **coughs**

Realising that I'm actually starting to run out of space in my house for toys....

...is it worth building a shed or another room in one of the small empty spaces I have for toys? Anyone done so themselves?

5FDP
29th November 2012, 11:39 AM
...is it worth building a shed or another room in one of the small empty spaces I have for toys? Anyone done so themselves?

Yeah, I built on a couple of years ago (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=160310&postcount=33) so I could have a separate Transformers room (had another kid on the way so the collection had to move). It was purpose-built to minimise direct sunlight and has it's own security system installed. All up, it cost me close to 40k... not including the new display cabinets which went in the room.

I'd advise to stay away from converting a shed if possible because you'd want regulate temperature as much as possible, not to mention moisture in the air, two factors that are deadly to a collection.

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd December 2012, 12:55 PM

Feels classier? That's a good question really, I mean surely by now plastic can be just as reliable in case of a toy.

I've noticed lately in my other figures, that a bit of die cast in the shins/feet can often go a long way to improving the stability of a figure, but anywhere else isn't really needed I suppose

kup
2nd December 2012, 04:09 PM
Die cast is good when applied properly.

Example of bad die cast implementation - The whole Titanium 6" line.

Example of good die cast implementation - The Fansproject Warbot line. I would also say MP01 but the FP stuff is miles ahead of that.

Trent
2nd December 2012, 10:08 PM
Die cast is good when applied properly.

Example of good die cast implementation - The Fansproject Warbot line. I would also say MP01 but the FP stuff is miles ahead of that.

Yep. I am generally against die-cast but have found that when used sparingly and well, it can add to the figure. As Kup said Fansproject Assaulter is a great example of it being used well.

GoktimusPrime
2nd December 2012, 10:30 PM
Can you tell that Titanium Series wasn't engineered/designed by Takara? They weren't even produced by Hasbro's regular design team, but rather by Galoob (the company that produced Micro Machines - Hasbro acquired Galoob in 1998). Most other Transformers that have die-cast metal and were designed by Takara do use them far more sparingly than Galoob did with Ti Series. (e.g. early G1, Binaltech etc.)

5FDP
3rd December 2012, 08:27 AM

I have both Titanium Scourge and Ultra Magnus and I think they're great.

GoktimusPrime
3rd December 2012, 09:46 AM
I have Scourge, and while he is one of the better of the 15cm Ti Series TFs, I don't think he's that great as an action figure. Generations Scourge is a way better toy IMHO. I find Scourge to be a somewhat cumbersome toy to play with (which is the core function of any action figure). He's not terrible, but I don't find him a particularly great toy to play with either.

I don't have Ultra Magnus but I've seen/fiddled with someone else's... and I can see why people would like him (I personally don't, although I don't dislike him either) because it is impressive how they've tried to incorporated the cab and trailer as a single transformable toy (rather than have the cab transform into a separate robot and have the trailer attach as armour). The robot mode looks rather ungainly to me. I haven't tried fully playing with it though - just fiddling - but like Scourge it doesn't feel like it would be all that fun to play with. Scourge and Ultra Magnus are certainly better attempts at making decent action figures than say some TFPRiD toys like Airachnid. Ultra Magnus is a toy with a really interesting concept, and I'd love to see HasTak have a go at doing it... imagine a Classicsverse or Masterpiece Ultra Magnus done in the same concept. You'd sacrifice having that inner cab/robot... but considering how obscure that robot's canonical appearance is (almost all of Ultra Magnus' canonical appearance has been with his armour on, as if that is his robot mode), I don't think most fans would mind.

GoktimusPrime
27th December 2012, 09:03 AM
OMG... United Artfire's only JUST come out, and already he's being scalped by some sellers. These guys (http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4225/) are charging $145 for one (or $140 if the box has some flaw) <--- that's more than DOUBLE the original price! :eek: :eek: :eek: They also posted on Facebook "Good luck finding a vintage G1 Artfire for less than $150" ... :confused: But this toy isn't a G1 vintage Artfire... :confused:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/spitdrink-1.gif
Yes, some people would want to buy this toy in lieu of getting a G1 toy -- that's the reason why I pre-ordered this toy... but no way I'd pay above RRP for what is really just yet another redeco of the Universe Inferno mould. Either those guys got ripped off by their supplier, or they're trying to gauge fans. If this was the secondary aftermarket price of the toy in a year's time or so, I might believe it... but to think that this is the price that some people are charging for a toy that's _just_ been released?!? :eek:

SuspectimusPrime
27th December 2012, 10:25 AM
OMG... United Artfire's only JUST come out, and already he's being scalped by some sellers. These guys (http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4225/) are charging $145 for one (or $140 if the box has some flaw) <--- that's more than DOUBLE the original price! :eek: :eek: :eek: They also posted on Facebook "Good luck finding a vintage G1 Artfire for less than $150" ... :confused: But this toy isn't a G1 vintage Artfire... :confused:

If I recall correctly, TFSource was actually one of the first websites to make available the pre-order for United Artfire. Initial price was $165 + postage. After the other major websites placed their Artfire pre-orders, TFSource re-adjusted their price.

Trent
27th December 2012, 09:39 PM
If I recall correctly, TFSource was actually one of the first websites to make available the pre-order for United Artfire. Initial price was $165 + postage. After the other major websites placed their Artfire pre-orders, TFSource re-adjusted their price.

BBTS has it for $150

Slag
5th January 2013, 07:56 PM
I opened up Fort Max the other day only to find he's starting to yellow :confused:
He hasn't been out in the sun or anything:confused:
all i can put it down to is maybe a hot room..
It's not that bad yet but against the styro it's noticeable..

5FDP
5th January 2013, 08:24 PM
I opened up Fort Max the other day only to find he's starting to yellow :confused:

The only way you're going to stop that from happening is to have it in a temperature controlled sealed vacuum in complete darkness. Even then that will only slow down the process. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

griffin
5th January 2013, 08:36 PM
Certain plastics degrade faster when in contact with other classes of plastics (or the chemicals in other materials)... and Fort Max is one that has a fair bit of it in direct, prolonged contact with styrofoam. I wouldn't know for sure if the styrofoam is doing it, but if temperature, humidity, dust and UV aren't factors, the contact with other materials is one to consider.
But as noted above, eventually, all Fort Maxes will degrade & discolour... some will just do it faster than others. They were produced a quarter of a century ago... and weren't designed to last forever.

Hursticon
5th January 2013, 08:45 PM
Certain plastics degrade faster when in contact with other classes of plastics (or the chemicals in other materials)... and Fort Max is one that has a fair bit of it in direct, prolonged contact with styrofoam. I wouldn't know for sure if the styrofoam is doing it, but if temperature, humidity, dust and UV aren't factors, the contact with other materials is one to consider.
But as noted above, eventually, all Fort Maxes will degrade & discolour... some will just do it faster than others. They were produced a quarter of a century ago... and weren't designed to last forever.

Let us hope that all the above is rendered null with regards to the upcoming Reissue. :o:cool:

Jetfire in the sky
5th January 2013, 09:37 PM

I lost a lot of good TFs to discoloration when I had them in storage for a year. They were all wrapped in paper, then in a box and in a dark room, however it was not temperature controlled and up here in the North it is hot for most of the year. Also the humidity may have played a role. It was a hard way to learn when I pretty much thought it was just sunlight that would do it. :(

SuspectimusPrime
6th January 2013, 03:08 PM
I lost a lot of good TFs to discoloration when I had them in storage for a year. They were all wrapped in paper, then in a box and in a dark room, however it was not temperature controlled and up here in the North it is hot for most of the year. Also the humidity may have played a role. It was a hard way to learn when I pretty much thought it was just sunlight that would do it. :(

The only G1's I have are the ones from my childhood, and recently I was digging through the garage where they were stored for the last 15 years or so. Found the cardboard box, which was moved on top several other boxes and sealed with scotch tape to prevent dust from entering. Not sure how or when it happened, but a very small amount of moisture must have made its way through as several of the figures had discoloured due to rust corrosion; the plastic around the corrosion had become incredibly brittle and one or two parts had snapped off. G1 Skullcruncher was thankfully in the same loved condition - slightly loose from tons of playwear (he used to be a squad leader for the Targetmasters). Micromasters were packed in a plastic bag and were all in really good condition.

Since moving, half of my current collection (BW to current) is wrapped gently in bubble wrap, and the other half are in Glad wrap. This was done about two years ago. I've been considering re-packaging all of them into Glad wrap bags in case I don't get an opportunity to release them for the medium-long term.

SharkyMcShark
6th January 2013, 07:10 PM
OMG... United Artfire's only JUST come out, and already he's being scalped by some sellers. These guys (http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4225/) are charging $145 for one (or $140 if the box has some flaw) <--- that's more than DOUBLE the original price!

I am finding TFsource to be generally terrible now that I do the majority of my TF buying online. They really liberally estimate release dates for toys (I'm assuming to muster up pre orders) and then just keep ploughing through them. FOC Starscream was listed as being available in October on their site, and still said so until December at which point they change it to saying available in December. Now they've changed it to available in January.

Business will be going elsewhere next time, I only ordered there because they were one of the few places that said they'd have them at the end of October.

Usually I'm a robotkingdom guy but they weren't selling what I was after in this case (just gen FOC Starscream - RK was selling the entire wave case)

crankcase76
6th January 2013, 11:29 PM
Finally decided to open up my Alternators collection for display, and was down to a few of the last ones I had to open and Wheel jack was one of them and to my surprise:eek: their is no engine mounted in the engine bay??? WTF.... How can something like that be missed!!! It the engine for god sakes, looks like poor old wheeljack is going to do the Flintstones trick of driving by foot power....:confused:

Q/C at its best......:mad:

GoktimusPrime
6th January 2013, 11:31 PM
Let us hope that all the above is rendered null with regards to the upcoming Reissue. :o:cool:
I cannot think of any Takara(TOMY) reissue that came with a Styrofoam tray. Brave Maximus came in a cardboard tray (with a beeotchload of twist ties!!), so I'd expect something similar for Encore Fort Max. Tin snips at the ready!

Jetfire in the sky
7th January 2013, 08:53 AM
The only G1's I have are the ones from my childhood, and recently I was digging through the garage where they were stored for the last 15 years or so. Found the cardboard box, which was moved on top several other boxes and sealed with scotch tape to prevent dust from entering. Not sure how or when it happened, but a very small amount of moisture must have made its way through as several of the figures had discoloured due to rust corrosion; the plastic around the corrosion had become incredibly brittle and one or two parts had snapped off. G1 Skullcruncher was thankfully in the same loved condition - slightly loose from tons of playwear (he used to be a squad leader for the Targetmasters). Micromasters were packed in a plastic bag and were all in really good condition.

Since moving, half of my current collection (BW to current) is wrapped gently in bubble wrap, and the other half are in Glad wrap. This was done about two years ago. I've been considering re-packaging all of them into Glad wrap bags in case I don't get an opportunity to release them for the medium-long term.

Great idea, if you can gather up enough of those "don not eat" moisture absorbtion bags it would go a long way to stop any further damage.

GoktimusPrime
7th January 2013, 10:06 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiccant
:) Silica gel is commonly used.

Ode to a Grasshopper
3rd February 2013, 05:43 PM
:( My War Breakdown's head just snapped off.
He doesn't even have light piping, why is his head connector made out of translucent plastic?
Not as bad for me as it would be for people who paid a bundle to import the guy, but still...finding a replacement isn't gonna be easy.:(

SuspectimusPrime
3rd February 2013, 10:25 PM
:( My War Breakdown's head just snapped off.
He doesn't even have light piping, why is his head connector made out of translucent plastic?
Not as bad for me as it would be for people who paid a bundle to import the guy, but still...finding a replacement isn't gonna be easy.:(

That's really too bad Odie :( Is there anyway you could fix the head connector with some good old Loctite 406? I managed to fix a 1mm antennae for FP Bruticus (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13888&page=3) this way, recommended by VERT. They're an Australian company, so you'll probably need to get one off eBay (cheapest price I found was around $20 posted).

I was really considering getting Silas Breakdown (which would make my third Prime purchase), do you know if the same head connector is made of translucent plastic as well?

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th February 2013, 12:40 AM
Cheers dude, I might look into that when I'm back in Oz come July. One of my best friends here is the manual arts teacher at my Jr High, so I'll ask him about it too.

I don't have Silas Breakdown myself, but looking at the online pics it looks like TT went for translucent plastic for SB as well.:( That said, it's a great mold (except for the stupid choice of head connector materials) so I recommend it anyway.

theshape
8th February 2013, 01:02 AM
My wife was discussing my tf collection at her work. One coworker said "this is what's wrong with the world, adults buying kids toys"

She defended it to her etc, but what a bitch :eek:

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th February 2013, 03:00 AM
My wife was discussing my tf collection at her work. One coworker said "this is what's wrong with the world, adults buying kids toys"

Ha ha ha! Sure, that is the cause of most of the problems of modern society....:rolleyes: I'd say your wife's co-worker is a bigger problem to the world than adults collecting kids toys.:D

jazzcomp
8th February 2013, 08:57 AM
Ha ha ha! Sure, that is the cause of most of the problems of modern society....:rolleyes: I'd say your wife's co-worker is a bigger problem to the world than adults collecting kids toys.:D
Hahaha!!! I wonder what the b*$ch buys ;)

theshape
8th February 2013, 09:45 AM
haha she probably buys those collector plates in the TV guide magazine

Sinnertwin
8th February 2013, 10:10 AM
Adults buying kids' toys?... She's nailed it on the head. Time to quit the franchise and bring balance back, boys and girls.

Megatron
8th February 2013, 11:16 AM
My wife was discussing my tf collection at her work. One coworker said "this is what's wrong with the world, adults judging one another"

There, fixed. :)

BigTransformerTrev
8th February 2013, 01:23 PM

Thats right, in a world full of racism, sexism, war, poverty, disease, starvation, religious fanatacism, inequality and Justin Bieber - it's adults buying childrens toys that is the real problem in this world - why have the United Nations done nothing about this!

You should get your wife to tell her that maybe if everyone picked up a Masterpiece Megatron gun instead of a real one, maybe the world could live in harmony :D ;)

Megatron
8th February 2013, 01:27 PM
You should get your wife to tell her that maybe if everyone picked up a Masterpiece Megatron gun instead of a real one, maybe the world could live in harmony :D ;)

That, made me smile. :)

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2013, 01:40 PM
Pfftt... who cares about the opinions of non-toy Muggles (or "Mundaners" as I call them) :D

Jetfire in the sky
8th February 2013, 09:10 PM

Preach it Brother BTT!! :)

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2013, 09:50 PM
Saw a loose Movieverse Voyager Ramjet today - priced at $20. I wanted to haggle with the seller, but he kept walking away from his stall. It would've been all too easy for me to just walk away with the toy for free... but I waited and waited and waited and eventually haggled the price down to $15 (it was missing the missiles). After getting home I also discovered that the toy was missing the back stabiliser wings. Now I've also realised that it's missing the back piece that transforms into the nosecone of the jet! :eek:

Trent
17th February 2013, 09:55 PM
Saw a loose Movieverse Voyager Ramjet today - priced at $20. I wanted to haggle with the seller, but he kept walking away from his stall. It would've been all too easy for me to just walk away with the toy for free... but I waited and waited and waited and eventually haggled the price down to $15 (it was missing the missiles). After getting home I also discovered that the toy was missing the back stabiliser wings. Now I've also realised that it's missing the back piece that transforms into the nosecone of the jet! :eek:

Bargain.

5FDP
17th February 2013, 10:37 PM

Are you still wondering why it was so cheap? ;)

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2013, 11:04 PM
Are you still wondering why it was so cheap? ;)
Heh, yeah, I was thinking that shortly after making my last post. Get what you pay for. :p

Jetfire in the sky
18th February 2013, 08:16 AM
This may have been vented but I can't stand when I buy an item off e-bay and when it arrives it comes with 15 years worth of dust on it which the photos failed to reveal. :mad:

snaketales
18th February 2013, 10:51 AM

This isn't going to please you, but I got one for free at the Perth Nexus simply for giving the seller instructions to ROTF Demolishor. If it's any consolation mine is also missing the missiles.

GoktimusPrime
18th February 2013, 11:55 PM
This isn't going to please you, but I got one for free at the Perth Nexus simply for giving the seller instructions to ROTF Demolishor. If it's any consolation mine is also missing the missiles.
Yeah, and Starscream77 apparently sold one MISB for $18... and to top things off, Ramjet is now technically my long awaited 1666th Transformer (which I'd really hoped would be MP Soundwave, but alas not). :( :( Oh well... I guess we could say he's "been through hell." :p

Now if you'll all excuse me, I must go lick the salt out of my wound. :p ;) :p

Omega Metro
19th February 2013, 01:17 AM
I have one also. But mine HAS missiles, stabiliser wings AND ......you guessed it!.......a nose cone!:o

jazzcomp
19th February 2013, 06:58 AM
This may have been vented but I can't stand when I buy an item off e-bay and when it arrives it comes with 15 years worth of dust on it which the photos failed to reveal. :mad:
At least you know it's an original and not a KO with the amount of dust on it :)

Omega Metro
19th February 2013, 10:21 AM
At least you know it's an original and not a KO with the amount of dust on it :)

Free dust! You can't complain about that, surely.;)

Ae-Evolution
19th February 2013, 04:34 PM
Transformers stocks around my area sucks :mad:
My local BigW never brings out any new stock, all they have are Prime Bb's since....forever. Target is expensive as f*uck and refuses to match price with anywhere. All my local Kmarts are off course from anywhere I ever go.

Jetfire in the sky
19th February 2013, 04:50 PM
Free dust! You can't complain about that, surely.;)

:D:D

kup
20th February 2013, 04:12 PM

There is also the possible benefit that the dust could have shielded UV light and prevented yellowing. Dust is easy to clean with a brush and babywipes.

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st February 2013, 12:28 AM
Dust is easy to clean with a brush and babywipes.
I wonder how much Megatron would appreciate being 'baby wiped'
:D;):p

5FDP
21st February 2013, 08:22 AM

Just tell him it's Corrostop (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Corrostop) ;) :D

Megatron
21st February 2013, 09:06 AM

Just tell him it's Corrostop (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Corrostop) ;) :D

You puny flesh creatures have sick minds...

:p

Trent
19th March 2013, 06:05 PM
Stupid Wollongong shops not getting legion beast hunters figures. I went to 5 different shops today in 3 different suburbs. All I want is a Twinstrike. :(

Sinnertwin
19th March 2013, 06:40 PM
Stupid Wollongong shops not getting legion beast hunters figures. I went to 5 different shops today in 3 different suburbs. All I want is a Twinstrike. :(

Apart from being the most awesome legion class figure ever, he's only packed two per case. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you

Hursticon
19th March 2013, 06:46 PM

Yep, very few things ever change in this region huh? :(

Starscream77
19th March 2013, 07:02 PM
If I see it I will grab one, or two if you both want one

Trent
19th March 2013, 08:34 PM
Yep, very few things ever change in this region huh? :(

Gonna check uncle Pete's and Myer/David Jones tomorrow show there's still hope, however fleeting it may be.

Apart from being the most awesome legion class figure ever, he's only packed two per case. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you

If I see it I will grab one, or two if you both want one

Thanks guys, if I don't see one tomorrow I'll definately take you up on the offer.

VERT
19th March 2013, 08:49 PM
Got my beast hunters Ripclaw today and found that Hasbro made her with a soft rubber beast head and her tail is held together with rubber. In a few years I guess the rubber will crack and she will fall apart. Hasbro is giving us something just as bad as GPS for the future

ILikeSoundwave
19th March 2013, 08:52 PM
Got my beast hunters Ripclaw today and found that Hasbro made her with a soft rubber beast head and her tail is held together with rubber. In a few years I guess the rubber will crack and she will fall apart. Hasbro is giving up something just as bad as GPS gfor the future

I also have her and the dragon head is extremely soft, and at some point in time it will break.:(

VERT
19th March 2013, 11:58 PM
I also have her and the dragon head is extremely soft, and at some point in time it will break.:(

When gold plastic cracks you have a chance of gluing it back together. But when the rubber goes we are stuffed. Voyager Dreadwing also suffers from RPS...Rubber part syndrome?

If only a 3rd party would make new heads and Prime Smokestacks etc to replace all the rubber safety crap.

GoktimusPrime
17th April 2013, 09:16 PM
I was almost tempted to buy Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime today at Myer's 20% sale -- just cos after watching "Rebellion" I was feelin' mighty tempted. I took the toy and kindly asked for a price check. She gave me a rather impatient look and told me that the price is on the toy. I told her that I thought there was a 20% sale on toys atm, she told me yes and that the price is on the toy. I looked at the price sticker - it was $50. I asked her if this was the sales price, she said yes, and when I asked again, she said no, it's 20% off that price. Okay, I already knew that... I wanted a price check, so I politely asked her what the sale price is (again) - and she quite abruptly said, "It's $40."

Why couldn't she have just told me that in the first place?? Customers can see that there's a 20% off sale - the signs are there. I approached her just to confirm what the sale price would be. I initially decided to skip this toy because the reviews have made me less than impressed about it. Then I saw pics of the TakaraTOMY version... and I've been on the fence about it. Since watch the latest ep of TFP BH, I leaned more toward the "I want this toy" side of the fence -- and I was really tempted to buy a local version on sale today, and you all know how much I love getting toys from brick and mortar stores over online shopping (bleehhh)... but after the attitude I copped from this store attendant, I put the toy back of the shelf and walked away. I've since placed an online order for the TakaraTOMY version. :/

I consider myself a somewhat 'die hard' brick and mortar shopper... I really just do not like online shopping... so a store attendant would have to work pret-ty hard to provoke me into turning away from a real shop and going on the web. (-_-)

griffin
18th April 2013, 12:00 AM
Copy and paste that to their customer service page on their website. See if they respond in a manner that suggests they care about how customers are treated by their front-line staff.

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 12:38 AM
Done.

theshape
18th April 2013, 12:51 AM
Putting it on their Facebook page usually gets them to act

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 11:42 AM
Putting it on their Facebook page usually gets them to act
Great idea. Done. :)

5FDP
18th April 2013, 01:16 PM
I was almost tempted to buy Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime today at Myer's 20% sale -- just cos after watching "Rebellion" I was feelin' mighty tempted. I took the toy and kindly asked for a price check. She gave me a rather impatient look and told me that the price is on the toy. I told her that I thought there was a 20% sale on toys atm, she told me yes and that the price is on the toy. I looked at the price sticker - it was $50. I asked her if this was the sales price, she said yes, and when I asked again, she said no, it's 20% off that price. Okay, I already knew that... I wanted a price check, so I politely asked her what the sale price is (again) - and she quite abruptly said, "It's $40."

Thanks for reminding me why I don't go into stores anymore! They can bitch and complain all they want about loosing business but are blinded to the reasons why. Fact is - you get better service overseas ;)

UltraMarginal
18th April 2013, 01:45 PM

Why couldn't she have just told me that in the first place?? Customers can see that there's a 20% off sale - the signs are there. I approached her just to confirm what the sale price would be. I initially decided to skip this toy because the reviews have made me less than impressed about it. Then I saw pics of the TakaraTOMY version... and I've been on the fence about it. Since watch the latest ep of TFP BH, I leaned more toward the "I want this toy" side of the fence -- and I was really tempted to buy a local version on sale today, and you all know how much I love getting toys from brick and mortar stores over online shopping (bleehhh)... but after the attitude I copped from this store attendant, I put the toy back of the shelf and walked away. I've since placed an online order for the TakaraTOMY version. :/

I consider myself a somewhat 'die hard' brick and mortar shopper... I really just do not like online shopping... so a store attendant would have to work pret-ty hard to provoke me into turning away from a real shop and going on the web. (-_-)

you should have had better service Gok, but seriously dude, the signs generally say "20% off the marked price", 20% of $50 is $10, $50-$10 = $40. it's not that hard.

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 03:46 PM
you should have had better service Gok, but seriously dude, the signs generally say "20% off the marked price", 20% of $50 is $10, $50-$10 = $40. it's not that hard.
Yeah I know, but I wanted to confirm that the toy was scanning up at that price. It's not a hard request. All she had to do was press a few buttons, scan the barcode - beep - done. Easily done in the fraction of the time it took for her to tell me.

Sinnertwin
19th April 2013, 12:37 AM
It's Retail 101. If a customer asks you a question, in this case a price, regardless of signage etc, you answer. It's called service. Simple. And yet i see so many people behind a counter that shouldnt be there. Any potato can ring a sale through. Here's a tip: get the right people that will sell your business and product.

UltraMarginal
20th April 2013, 10:28 AM
unfortunately the average retail wage at a store like myer or anywhere else for that matter, isn't often any more than minimum award, not much incentive for people to care too hard. the electronics stores do have commision incentives but I'll be surprised if myer or david jones staff do, they certainly didn't used to.

GoktimusPrime
20th April 2013, 11:58 AM
unfortunately the average retail wage at a store like myer or anywhere else for that matter, isn't often any more than minimum award, not much incentive for people to care too hard. the electronics stores do have commision incentives but I'll be surprised if myer or david jones staff do, they certainly didn't used to.
That shouldn't matter. People ought to take pride in their work and try their best. I've done some crappy jobs when I was a student... but I always gave an honest day's work for a day's pay.

DELTAprime
20th April 2013, 12:38 PM
/RAGE I'm so sick of Hasbro not releasing so many waves here.:mad: Why Hasbro, why make me order from overseas why I'm willing to walk into a local store and pay your inflated Australian pricing?

Oh well, time to order from BBTS again.:(

Sinnertwin
20th April 2013, 01:36 PM
/RAGE I'm so sick of Hasbro not releasing so many waves here.:mad: Why Hasbro, why make me order from overseas why I'm willing to walk into a local store and pay your inflated Australian pricing?
Oh well, time to order from BBTS again.:(

IMO, retailers are just as guilty, DP. Ordering excessive quantities, sitting on old stock and not moving them to make room for new lines. On the other hand, if Hasbro only has boxes of wave 1 ordered, that's all that the retailers will get. 50/50 on both supplier and retailers. They really need to find a balance, somehow.

Bidoofdude
20th April 2013, 04:34 PM
What will we have on the TF shelves this year with pretty much everything not coming AUS?
There isn't too much BH stuff, so I'm puzzled as to what will actually be on our shelves. :confused::mad:

Golden Phoenix
20th April 2013, 04:59 PM
IMO, retailers are just as guilty, DP. Ordering excessive quantities, sitting on old stock and not moving them to make room for new lines. On the other hand, if Hasbro only has boxes of wave 1 ordered, that's all that the retailers will get. 50/50 on both supplier and retailers. They really need to find a balance, somehow.

Didn't Hasbro say at the Melbourne Toy Show that they had been trying to tell the shops not to buy huge quantities of Wave 1.
Something about the initial wave of people buying the figures would give them a false sense of demand and that only if they get the next wave will they have a chance of keeping that demand high.

Makes sense.

Sinnertwin
20th April 2013, 05:20 PM
Didn't Hasbro say at the Melbourne Toy Show that they had been trying to tell the shops not to buy huge quantities of Wave 1.
Something about the initial wave of people buying the figures would give them a false sense of demand and that only if they get the next wave will they have a chance of keeping that demand high.

Makes sense.

Sure does, GP. It's a vicious cycle: Excessive/old stock on shelves, slow sales, no new lines. Lots of other factors involved behind the scenes too.
Ultimately, they're sitting on the stock & if the majors don't change their attitudes towards product turnover, be it TF or any other lines, we'll see a lot more waves being skipped.

GoktimusPrime
20th April 2013, 05:32 PM
A Hasbro AU rep once told me that they did offer TFP FE to retailers and even showed sample toys to retail purchasers, but none of them picked it up. So apparently the problem wasn't so much about Hasbro not wanting to release the toys here, but a lack of interest from retailers in selling them. :(

P.S.: The manager at the Myer I went to called me today and offered an unreserved apology for the way I was treated. He said that the person in question will be spoken to about the way she should be speaking with customers, and he offered to give me a 'better deal' on my next purchase. :cool:

Sinnertwin
20th April 2013, 05:46 PM
A Hasbro AU rep once told me that they did offer TFP FE to retailers and even showed sample toys to retail purchasers, but none of them picked it up. So apparently the problem wasn't so much about Hasbro not wanting to release the toys here, but a lack of interest from retailers in selling them. :(

An interesting point. Who was in FE? Prime, Megatron, Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumble, Vehicon, Starcream? I cant remember all of them.
What would the buyers have thought when Hasbro said the next few waves will contain all of those same figures plus more under one banner?

GoktimusPrime
20th April 2013, 05:47 PM
An interesting point. Who was in FE? Prime, Megatron, Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumble, Vehicon, Starcream? I cant remember all of them.
And Cliffjumper. Optimus Prime was available as both a Deluxe (in vs set w/ Megatron) and stand alone Voyager.

What would the buyers have thought when Hasbro said the next few waves will contain all of those same figures plus more under one banner?
<shrugs> no idea. :o

Sinnertwin
20th April 2013, 05:54 PM
Glad they've resolved that Myer issue, Goktimus :)

GoktimusPrime
15th May 2013, 09:32 PM
From BBTS' FB page regarding Blitzwing/Springer:
We received an initial shipment however are still awaiting the rest of our order. We anticipate them to be arriving later this month.
...so it may very well be June before I see 'em. :mad: :(
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/bbtswaiting_zps1bc61159.jpg