PDA

View Full Version : Dremel stylus kit! Buy / Not Buy?

lcz128
5th June 2008, 01:47 PM
ebay item: 200157298495

cgi.ebay.com.au/Dremel-7-2v-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Stylus-Kit-1100-01_W0QQitemZ200157298495QQihZ010QQcategoryZ29515QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

What do you guys think? I want to buy it and it's one of those stylus ones... definitely an investment, but ... is this a good price? (I'll be going to their store if I buy it- and I can get it for that same 135)

Whaddaya think guys? :S

STL
5th June 2008, 03:02 PM
I have no idea what is a good price to be terribly honest. I mean, you'll put it to good use so u should grab one but i'm not sure if it's a good price isall.

lcz128
5th June 2008, 03:07 PM
I have no idea what is a good price to be terribly honest. I mean, you'll put it to good use so u should grab one but i'm not sure if it's a good price isall.

YOU, good sir - should be encouraging me - :b I need it for the jetfire leg thing :D I've cracked the leg open and it looks very good and very doable. Just need the dremel now :b

Pulse
5th June 2008, 03:27 PM
I don't know :confused:.

Are you gonna be using it more than once or twice? Or is it gonna be an oversized paperweight?

iceburn
5th June 2008, 03:58 PM
i've no idea what it is or what it does...

STL
5th June 2008, 04:44 PM
YOU, good sir - should be encouraging me - :b I need it for the jetfire leg thing :D I've cracked the leg open and it looks very good and very doable. Just need the dremel now :b

Well, bloody buy it then you slaggin' slacker!

EDIT:
I believe, hopefully recalling correctly now, that they're supposed to be for customisers to cut bits here and there to get the right shape.

1orion2many
5th June 2008, 04:49 PM
:confused:Dangerous things these dremel kits, if your not carefull you can really tear apart the plastic to beyond the point of no return. Practice on junkers if you get one;).

DigDug
5th June 2008, 07:39 PM
:confused:Dangerous things these dremel kits, if your not carefull you can really tear apart the plastic to beyond the point of no return. Practice on junkers if you get one;).

+1 to that if you have never used a Dremel before.

I bought the corded model years ago just for the heck of it and ended up using it for so many jobs I wore out all the useful bits it came with :D This one is only $10 more than the one I got (genuine Dremels cost HEAPS more than similar models from other brands) so if you DIY a lot I think you would find other uses for it.

The good: rare stylus grip, fairly small/light for a cordless tool, quality brand
The bad: only 7.2v - light duty only, not a great price from the seller - $60ish US in the States where they are made, generally expensive rotary cordless tool!

I would buy one as I have done lots of plastic work with mine but do some basic shopping around for yourself dammit, after all you know best how you prefer to buy. If you have credit and are OK with overseas shopping, I would suggest that current dollar exchange rates would lean me towards looking in the US first to cut out these middlemen :)

sifun
5th June 2008, 08:51 PM
you can play "be like movie frenzy" with dremels and discard old dead cd/dvds you don't want

lcz128
17th July 2008, 04:19 PM
So, I was watching these two options, then bought the one on the RIGHT. wasn't 100% sure if I'd gotten the cheaper deal... but when the one on the left ended...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lcz128_photos/Transformers/dremel6.jpg (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190235635698&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009) VS http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lcz128_photos/Transformers/06fb_2.jpg (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180263020583&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008)

HA HA!

I win!

iceburn
17th July 2008, 04:21 PM
eh what's the difference?
did the seller gave you a better one than the one you won?

lcz128
17th July 2008, 05:05 PM
I got something that has both the stylus AND a screwdriver types, and I got it for CHEAPER than the one I was watching and the one that is available locally.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay~ :D So the winner is me in this case :D And potentially you guys - once I get it in my hands ^_^

iceburn
17th July 2008, 05:20 PM
that's great.....:P
now you need a tool belt!

autobreadticon
17th July 2008, 05:49 PM
LCZ i didnt know you get kinky with those sort of objects, whatever floats your boat;)

lcz128
17th July 2008, 06:27 PM
LCZ i didnt know you get kinky with those sort of objects, whatever floats your boat;)

Heh. Considering that these things drill holes, it'll probably sink said boat :b