PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Dark of the Moon nominated for eight awards

Paulbot
27th February 2012, 09:12 AM
Transformers Dark of the Moon has been nominated for eight awards in the 32nd Annual Razzie Awards.

It's in the running for

Worst Picture
Worst Supporting Actor (Patrick Dempsey, Ken Jeong)
Worst Supporting Actress (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley)
Worst Screen Ensemble (The Entire Cast)
Worst Director (Michael Bay)
Worst Screen Couple (Shia LeBeouf & Rosie Huntington-Whiteley)
Worst Screenplay

Winners will be announced on 1 April 2012

Source: http://www.razzies.com/history/32ndNoms.asp

kup
27th February 2012, 09:58 AM
It doesn't matter, it made the money and that is all they care about.

Hursticon
27th February 2012, 10:36 AM
Hopefully they manage to pick up a couple of awards; being able to pitch a franchise that is a multi-billion dollar earner and has X awarded accolades can only be a good thing! :cool:

5FDP
27th February 2012, 11:27 AM
Hopefully they manage to pick up a couple of awards; being able to pitch a franchise that is a multi-billion dollar earner and has X awarded accolades can only be a good thing! :cool:

You realise this is the Razzie's yeah... these are the awards that nobody wants to win.

Paulbot
27th February 2012, 11:44 AM
It's an easy target. I was reading some criticism of the awards that in the early years they were more honest and didn't just pick on critically panned films or bad films like Jack and Jill, but actually picked on bad performances no matter what the film or how big the name.

kup
27th February 2012, 07:42 PM
It's an easy target. I was reading some criticism of the awards that in the early years they were more honest and didn't just pick on critically panned films or bad films like Jack and Jill, but actually picked on bad performances no matter what the film or how big the name.

Sounds like the Academy Awards.

theheretic
27th February 2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah these awards are rubbish. If you made lots of money then expect lots of these "awards"

griffin
28th February 2012, 03:01 PM
On a related topic - DotM lost out on all three Oscar Nominations (for sound and effects) to the Movie Hugo on all three.

Hursticon
28th February 2012, 06:24 PM
On a related topic - DotM lost out on all three Oscar Nominations (for sound and effects) to the Movie Hugo on all three.

I asked this elsewhere but WTH is Hugo? :confused:

Paulbot
28th February 2012, 07:44 PM
Martin Scorsese directed film about a young boy and a robot. I believe. Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR-kP-olcpM)

Hursticon
28th February 2012, 07:52 PM
Martin Scorsese directed film about a young boy and a robot. I believe. Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR-kP-olcpM)

Cheers for the clarification Paulbot; looks mighty lame though, it's only saving graces are that the kid is the actor who played Damien in the '06 remake and Sacha Baron Cohen. :rolleyes::p

Demonac
28th February 2012, 08:19 PM
Never judge a film by its trailer.
The trailer is often made by people with no connection to the movie.
Unless you are Alfred Hitchcock or Stanley Kubrick.

griffin
29th February 2012, 01:16 AM
Hugo (if you google it - wiki Hugo) it is a strange movie that still makes no sense to me... it's no wonder none of the trailers could give us any idea of what the movie was about, plotwise. (which is why it flopped - no one knew what the story was about, based on the randomness of the trailer, to want to go see it)

VERT
29th February 2012, 07:54 AM
Seen Hugo a few times. I love it. In the end its a movie about what happened to the director of the old silent movie Trip to the moon. And an orphan kid who lives at the Train station. The trailers for it dont tell you what the movie is about at all.