PDA

View Full Version : G2 yellow devastator

higsy19
1st March 2012, 05:43 PM
I have just purchased a G2 yellow devy from Transformerland.com and was curious...

1. - has there ever been knock off ones made.

2. - Is there any real difference between the original green and g2 version

3. generally any other info on it would be great.

4a. Would really love a orange devy next....

Cat
1st March 2012, 06:14 PM
Yes there's been KO's of this over the years.

Plenty.

kup
1st March 2012, 07:29 PM
Yes there's been KO's of this over the years.

Plenty.

That's true but Transformerland is very reliable and if it's a KO they would have mentioned it although I don't think they sell them to begin with.

Most KOs can be easily identified as such so when you get it, you'll know right away if it's real or not as the KOs are usually made with really (and I mean really) cheap plastic.

Hursticon
1st March 2012, 09:19 PM
There were 2 versions of the G2 Constructicons too, one set that combined and one set that did not; the differences being that the ones that didn't are missing the various pegs and slots that allowed for the combination and I also believe they had Grey plastic parts, such as Scrappers roof (Besides not containing any of the gestalt parts). :)

Unfortunately, Cobraislandtoys.com is no longer in service/existence and that was the only site they I know of that documented said differences. :o

Demonac
1st March 2012, 09:38 PM
Going from memory here...
The set that can't combine falls into the g1.5 grey area.
They don't have the g2 insignias stamped on them.
The regular g2 sets had the launchers removed from Dev's forearms & Mixmaster.

GoktimusPrime
1st March 2012, 10:58 PM
The ones that don't combine are strictly G1 - they were never later repackaged in G2 packaging so they're not G1.5. The G2 Constructicons can all combine. AFAIK the only differences between them and the green G1 Constructicons are cosmetic - mouldwise they're pretty much the same.

L-R: 1985 G1 Scrapper, 1992 G1 "Scrapper", 1993 G2 Scrapper, Encore Scrapper
Robot mode...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/comparisons/Encore%20Constructicons/devastator24.jpg

Vehicle mode... (as Demonac said, only the G2 version has the G2 logo)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/comparisons/Encore%20Constructicons/devastator23.jpg

canofwhoopass_87
2nd March 2012, 08:08 AM
I have just purchased a G2 yellow devy from Transformerland.com and was curious...

1. - has there ever been knock off ones made.

I don't think there have been accurate knock offs of the G2 yellow Devastator ever produced, so you should be fine.

2. - Is there any real difference between the original green and g2 version

Pretty much what the guys already mentioned.

3. generally any other info on it would be great.

G2's are awesome.

4a. Would really love a orange devy next....

I take it you probably paid about $60 for the G2 yellow Devy? Expect to pay a crapload more for the G2 orange set. Be wary though, there's an orange knock off of the G1s, but obviously they don't have the G2 insignia stamp on em - a sure way of knowing you have the real deal.

liegeprime
2nd March 2012, 10:49 AM
If you want a G2 orange set... as whoopy said be prepared with funds as they go for about $40 - 60 each / loose. The G2 orange Constructicons though are less stellar with regards to chrome plastic bits. Its more painted chrome so not shiny shiny like the G1s and the metal (supposedly diecast) pieces/parts are not as good as the original G1 metal- they kinda look dull but still a nice set. It was my first Devy and first Gestalt bought it when G2 was the prevalent line so I got it cheap - thank goodness I did becoz the price it goes for now is ridiculous:rolleyes:

higsy19
3rd March 2012, 10:13 AM
Yea,

The yellow dev cost me $60 complete which I am very happy with.

The ensignia is present on all of the constructicons pointing that it is legit G2.

The thing that made me curious with Dev was "hook" and his driver cabin as it is on the opposite side to my green Dev and also the color on some of the items are slightly different yellows.

Im a lil sad on the cost of the orange but thanks for the update on the KO versions.

GoktimusPrime
3rd March 2012, 10:45 AM
That driver cabin anomaly is weird... the TF variant page and high end TF KO ID guide don't mention it. And if it is on the wrong side, then it'd make the visual aesthetic of Devastator look weird (it'd kinda partially obscure Devvie's head)... so that doesn't sound right at all. :confused: Suscipious...

Photo?

liegeprime
3rd March 2012, 12:59 PM
yeah..pics if you can, quite a curious oddity then....

higsy19
3rd March 2012, 06:21 PM
gok pointed out the aesthetic difference which i didnt notice, it doesnt look the best as it does obstruct the view of his noggin

i have posted the ensignia for proof of g2 figures?

Demonac
3rd March 2012, 06:46 PM
Hook has his crane arm on backwards.
If you can pop it out & reverse it, it'll be fine.
I don't have mine handy, so can't tell you how easy this is.

higsy19
3rd March 2012, 07:16 PM
it seems demonac has solved the mystery...

Hursticon
3rd March 2012, 07:24 PM
it seems demonac has solved the mystery...

Hooray for quality control! :p