9th March 2012, 01:03 PM
Toy Review - Cliffjumper
Series - Transformers Prime
Sub-line - Robots in Disguise
Size/class - Cyberverse Legion
Wave - 1 (Regular series)
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - March 2012
Approximate Retail Price - $5.60 (Sale Price)-$8.00 US$?
Approximate Size - 7cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Dodge charger
Main Features/Gimmicks - Awesome
Main Colours - Red, Black, silver highlights
Main Accessories - Sword

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/prime13.jpg

UltraMarginal
9th March 2012, 01:08 PM
I picked this up last night at the Target sale and it's fantastic.

the most complicated legion class transformation I've ever seen. looks great in both modes

Roles well in vehicle mode.
Has hands
has high level of articulation: ankles, knees, hips, elbows, shoulders.
good aplication of silver highlights
face well painted,
Autobot logo on his chest.

The sword gun thing is OK, but I don't think it really fits with the character. to have a weapon that looks like his little triple blasters would have probably been considered a choking hazard.
I'm probalby going to lose it because I don't really use it in either mode.

It does attache to Arcee's gun though, which may be fun once I've opened more of the little guys.

negatives:

not sure...
could have used a little silver paint around the waist area.

I thnk the next step in the evolution of these is to have articulated heads.

Worth buying at rrp? yes,
if you see this on sale and don't buy it, you mustn't have enough money for food. :D

Paulbot
9th March 2012, 05:50 PM
This is a nice Legion/Legend class toy, the transformation is interesting. It's a nice shade of red and the detailing if quite nice.

The red of the sword looks like it belongs with him more so than the red weapons with the other legion class toys.

One negative is that I wish the shoulders locked into place, but that's a minor complaint.

SharkyMcShark
9th March 2012, 06:23 PM
This looks better than the RID Deluxe

GoktimusPrime
17th March 2012, 11:12 PM
Got this toy today and as others have said, this is a really nice toy with surprisingly impressive engineering for something its size class! :D

I'm not a fan of how the roof hole is only on one side rather than being in the centre. That way instead of the legs having two half-holes, only one leg has a hole while the other doesn't... so erm, I'm not a fan of the asymmetry. The big floppy "clown feet" looks a bit odd to me, but I guess that's cos I'm used to the little feet on the Deluxe FE figure; technically there's nothing wrong with it.

The weapon is just the same as Ratchet's blade... so I gave my Cliffjumper's blade to Ratchet so he has one on either arm. The colour is exactly the same too, they didn't even bother using a different shade of pinkish red or anything. :/

Overall I'm quite impressed with this toy. Great engineering/design, good colours and a solid vehicle mode too. The weapon holes do look unsightly on the vehicle... I wish Hasbro would give up on trying to give every Legion Class figure a weapon - they're fine without them... and considering the soft rubbery material they use for them, they're more of a drawback than a plus anyway.

Pics:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/prime_cliffjumper_leg.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/comparisons/comparison_prime_cliffjumper1.jpg

Sutton
31st March 2012, 09:36 PM
This guy's transformation is great. Going from car to robot, it looks like the legs will become the arms but then don't - a transformation plot twist, if you will. Of course this is lost on people who buy him since he comes packaged in robot mode. But anyway.

I actually don't love the robot mode on this figure. The awesome transformation ends up making his arms a little odd, the sideways elbow joint is distracting and the shoulders are a little too bulky to properly evoke the show model. Plus the head looks unusually small and childlike. The car mode is pretty well done, it has a nice long front end, although the back end is ruined a little by the unnecessary weapon port.

Still, I can see this guy looking awesome with some added paint detail - making a distinction between the head and the chest will definitely help, as well as some more silver and a few hard-edge highlights to help 'toughen' the overall look. Red and yellow plastic at this scale can quite often come off as looking very soft and translucent, and a very light silver edge can help fix that.