PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Class Arcee

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2012, 11:04 PM
Toy Review - Arcee
Series - Transformers Prime
Sub-line - Cyberverse
Size/class - Legion
Wave - 1 (Regular series)
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - March 2012
Approximate Retail Price - $10 RRP, $5.60 sale price
Approximate Size - 7cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Motorcycle
Main Features/Gimmicks - None
Main Colours - Blue, Black, silver highlights
Main Accessories - Snap-On Blaster

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/prime_arcee_leg.jpg

Hasbro stock photo (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attach/4/0/5/9/7/Cyberverse-Arcee_1320793058.jpg)
Gallery (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/transformers-prime-cyberverse/arcee/2610/)

---------------------------------------------

Not too bad a Legion class toy with an interesting transformation design for such a small toy. Sculpt is quite good with decent paint apps. There's even an Autobot insignia tampographed on the right side of the chest (so the Legion Class figures have logos, but Deluxe PRiDE figures like Wheeljack and Soundwave don't? :confused:). The transformation is kibble-riffic, particularly with half the bike mode folding back and forming a massive wingaling backpack. But it's forgivable given the smaller scale and price point of this toy. The upside of this is that the side guards of the bike mode don't cover the shoulders like on the Deluxe FE figure, given that part of the toy greater show-likeness than the DLX. :)

My gripes about this toy would be:
(1) The kibble-pack is prone to detaching. :(
(2) The bike mode doesn't appear able to stand on its own. There's no kick stand moulded in like on ROTF Legends Arcee. :(

The TF Prime Legion Class figures all come with these transparent coloured weapons. In Arcee's case it's a bright red which clashes with the dark blue and black of the toy. Can't say I'm terribly fond of it and it doesn't even look like the guns she uses in the cartoon.

There's a post on the rear of the gun so she can hold it like a... a club? Weird...

The underside of the bike seat halves protrude past the hands, which looks weird. But I think if Hasbro had painted the undersides silver, then they'd look like blades.

Recommended if you can get it on sale.

-------------------------

Comparison pic w/ Deluxe First Edition Arcee:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/comparisons/comparison_prime_arcee1.jpg

UltraMarginal
10th March 2012, 06:16 PM
My second legino figure for this series, initially I was a little non-plussed after cliffjumper but the transformation is very well designed, it feels a little like animated prowl. ver complex for a legion class figure.

I totally agree with Goks comment about the rear of the bike sticking past her hands being painted silver, that would have been a good touch.

I gave her gun to bb, he looks better with two.

You can make the bike mode stand on it's own if you push the back wheel up a little, this exposes her toes to use as a kick stand.

of the 5 legion clas figures, I think this one is second best. also I have read a fairly good scale with the other deluxes in vehicle mode.

reillyd
11th March 2012, 01:26 PM
Is anyone else finding that the soft plastic on the weapons makes it hard to insert into the holes on the side of the bike? My peg is all bent and I can't get it to straighten. I wonder if the Takara version will be stronger plastic?

Paulbot
11th March 2012, 01:42 PM
Is anyone else finding that the soft plastic on the weapons makes it hard to insert into the holes on the side of the bike? My peg is all bent and I can't get it to straighten.

Yes I had this exact same problem.

GoktimusPrime
11th March 2012, 02:10 PM
Is anyone else finding that the soft plastic on the weapons makes it hard to insert into the holes on the side of the bike? My peg is all bent and I can't get it to straighten.
I avoided this problem by twisting it in (i.e. twisting left and right to "wriggle" it in). Even then my weapon peg is slightly warped. Would be worse if I just plug it straight in.

I wonder if the Takara version will be stronger plastic?
I wouldn't bet on it. The sword and smoke stacks on TakTOM FE Voyager OP is made of the same super-soft flimsy rubber that the Hasbro one has. All because Hasbro's scared that American kids are going to intentionally eye gauge themselves with these parts/accessories (sigh).
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_facepalm_primeoptimusprime.jpg

Decepticon
14th March 2012, 07:50 PM
I got her today with Vehicon and Im really happy with Arcee. I honestly dont have anything bad to so about her?! Her pink rubber weapon is probably the best Ive seen in the Prime Legions.

i_amtrunks
15th March 2012, 08:49 AM
Arcee has an excellent trransformation for a legends class figure, she poses well in both modes, but be warned that you will have to fiddle with the alt mode wheels a little to get her to balance well and stand up on her own.

Like Ratchet she has a bad case of gorilla rams, but that cannot really be helped.

Worth getting on sale, I dont think any of the elgends class figures are worth the $7 we are being charged.

UltraMarginal
15th March 2012, 12:54 PM
Is anyone else finding that the soft plastic on the weapons makes it hard to insert into the holes on the side of the bike? My peg is all bent and I can't get it to straighten. I wonder if the Takara version will be stronger plastic?

yep,
most of mine came with a bent post, lik Gok, I wiggle them in but most of the figures look better without them.