PDA

View Full Version : op trailer help

prowlercon
11th March 2012, 01:06 PM
Hi all,
hope someone can tell me what type on trailer i have brought. It looks identical to a G1 but i cant find takara or hasbro on it, the only mark is a T2 inside the trailer coupling . Hoping its not a knock off, but any help would be great.

Slag
11th March 2012, 02:43 PM
The marking on mine is under the coupling where the trailer hooks onto the cab. clear as day. Hasbro 1980 1982 Takara 1980 1982 Japan.
I seem to remember looking at one recently that said T2 on it but it still had a marking on that same main black beam running up the underside of the trailer.
(that was on a commemorative edition) and the stamp read 1992.

Slag
11th March 2012, 05:16 PM
Hi all,
hope someone can tell me what type on trailer i have brought. It looks identical to a G1 but i cant find takara or hasbro on it, the only mark is a T2 inside the trailer coupling . Hoping its not a knock off, but any help would be great.

O.k I just thought i'd check against a known K.O.(Gold chrome prime).. it is damn hard to tell the difference.
The ko is still stamped same as the original 1980 1982 etc.. and T2
All i can see is the grey plastic is slightly darker and a little grainy..
The canopy of the little machine inside is more of a peachy colour compared to yellow of the original. and the rubber wheels sit more flush on the rims on the original.(thicker tyres on k.o.)...And the details are not as sharp. (But very close to it)
None of this is probably going help unless you have something to compare it to. I just scared myself looking at this. It's just too close. i don't think i could pick it if it were by itself
This is an 80's trailer compared to a recent k.o. Don't know about any of the official re-issue trailers
that's all i got..

prowlercon
11th March 2012, 06:31 PM
O.k I just thought i'd check against a known K.O.(Gold chrome prime).. it is damn hard to tell the difference.
The ko is still stamped same as the original 1980 1982 etc.. and T2
All i can see is the grey plastic is slightly darker and a little grainy..
The canopy of the little machine inside is more of a peachy colour compared to yellow of the original. and the rubber wheels sit more flush on the rims on the original.(thicker tyres on k.o.)...And the details are not as sharp. (But very close to it)
None of this is probably going help unless you have something to compare it to. I just scared myself looking at this. It's just too close. i don't think i could pick it if it were by itself
This is an 80's trailer compared to a recent k.o. Don't know about any of the official re-issue trailers
that's all i got..

thanks geigerrock,
just compared it to an original,the only things i can pick is the original little machine is dark blue and the other is more of a purple. It also has two differing rectangles under the coupling where the stamp should be:mad:

Slag
11th March 2012, 06:50 PM
thanks geigerrock,
just compared it to an original,the only things i can pick is the original little machine is dark blue and the other is more of a purple. It also has two differing rectangles under the coupling where the stamp should be:mad:

Hmmm, Yeah sorry mate it's a tough one.. O prime has just been re-issued and k.o'd that much it's hard to tell. But yeah it should have Hasbro/Takara stamped on it somewhere, but even if it does, it's no guarantee :(
Best bet is put it high up on a shelf hooked up to an op prime and try not to think about it.
Might i suggest buying a transformer or 2 to take your mind off it:D.

prowlercon
11th March 2012, 07:11 PM
thanks, the new TFprime figures look very tempting :)

canofwhoopass_87
13th March 2012, 08:57 AM
Hi all,

I'm pretty sure you have the trailer for a 1991/1992? G1 Gold Box Classics Prime. They have the T2 mark but the Takara/Hasbro stamp is blotted out.

prowlercon
13th March 2012, 11:01 PM
thanks whoopass
glad its not a fake:),