PDA

View Full Version : Which Classics Springer is better?

jaydisc
7th June 2008, 09:57 PM
So, we're about to get a second Classics Springer, both being repaints from Cybertron.

So, which is better?

As in, which is a better tribute? Which is a better toy? Why?

Pulse
7th June 2008, 10:01 PM
Another Freaking Repaint :(

Now, if they would have combined both moulds into one... :rolleyes::D

1orion2many
7th June 2008, 10:34 PM
:(UGH another recolour:(

MV75
7th June 2008, 10:47 PM
2nd one for sure. Looks more like him.
________
Design host (http://hostndesign.com)

Lord_Zed
7th June 2008, 11:19 PM
Number 3 for sure.

The easiest Tripple changer there is to make a new mould for, and Hasbro can't do it, instead they release lame recolours.

iceburn
7th June 2008, 11:21 PM
i want a new mould but guess that is never happening. end result, getting both...but it SUCKS!!

liegeprime
7th June 2008, 11:32 PM
NO more recolous please Hasbro..... its a new line, it needs new toy molds, c'mon its supposed to be a triple changer. Anyway votes in

STL
7th June 2008, 11:44 PM
I went w/ Universe Springer. The reason being that it's more recognisably Springer in terms of his helicopter mode. The rotor blades can double up as a "sword" of sorts. But the rescue motif really does not work. It lacks that futuristic feel. The head doesn't channel springer really but neither does the other one.

That brings me to Botcon 2007 which is armed to the teeth and seems more aggressive like the character. However against it is the tank mode which isn't exactly a futuristic car. I do like Botcon 2007 cos it looks nice but I voted Classics 2.0 Springer b/c I like larger figures and I love that Evac mold. So yeah, i'm biased but Evac is an awesome toy and w/ a few additional weapons, i'm sure we'll have a kickass looking springer.

Gutsman Heavy
8th June 2008, 01:59 AM
Universe FTW, Springer was barely a triple changer anyway.
Robot to Helicopter, to helicopter without a rotor.

Soundwarp
8th June 2008, 08:44 AM
I'm sorry, a tribute to a tripple changer needs to be a tripple changer.

Paulbot
8th June 2008, 11:20 AM
Botcon Springer feels more like the Wreckers (G1 or IDW) character, the rebel commando leader armed and ready for battle. Universe Springer is more like the Cartoon character, the Autobot jock who normally turns into a helicopter.

And since I prefer the Wreckers incarnation I'm voting for the Botcon toy.

SilverDragon
8th June 2008, 11:36 AM
I agree with everyone raging over the lack of a Triple Changing Springer. It'd be extremely easy to do if they followed his original toy closely.

Golden Phoenix
8th June 2008, 01:26 PM
He needs to be a triple changer. While the 2 mold both suit him in one way or another, what they lack (usually what the other figure has) makes the molds feel off and sort of not right.

i_amtrunks
10th June 2008, 11:05 AM
Since it seems Hasbro does not want to make a triple changing Springer, I went with the Universe version since it looks far better than the Blades figure.

Cybertron Evac is a great mold to use too.

dirge
10th June 2008, 07:58 PM
I actually like the BotCon toy.

As for a Triple Changer... it's not like he used the car mode much.

I'm not against a Triple Changer, btw. But I'm perfectly content with my BotCon version. Leaving the limited nature of its release aside, of course.

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 10:06 PM
They're reusing the Botcon Springer mold in the Universe line as Roadbuster (cgi.ebay.com/transformers-Target-Dirge-Roadbuster-comic-2pack_W0QQitemZ120274918604QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageN ameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101), which I think is a better fit, which means I'll most likely use Universe Springer in my display and pack back up my Botcon Sprinter.

Pipesqueak
21st June 2008, 10:13 PM
I'd be a lot more tempted by these repaints if they changed the head moulds to look like the originals. The vehicle and colours are fine for Roadbuster, for example, but that head just ruins the homage attempt.

lcz128
21st June 2008, 10:23 PM
Haha- the results of this thread amuse me greatly :D Yay I agree too!
Shouldn't be TOO hard to pull of right? They're already doing that tankor triple changer!

FFN
21st June 2008, 10:31 PM
I'll stick with Energon Bulkhead as my default Springer. But I'll be getting that comic pack anyway for the Ratbat figure.

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 10:38 PM
I wasn't familiar with that figure till now. Cool choice.

Geminii
22nd June 2008, 08:25 AM
As for a Triple Changer... it's not like he used the car mode much.

Tragically :)

It was a sports tank, for cryin' out loud. That's a cool enough mode even without the flight capabilities. Wish we'd seen more of it in S3.

The original toy's M.A.S.K.-like transformation sucked, I'll admit that. But looking at it, it could have been altered just that little bit more to come up with something truly cool. I can easily imagine a variation on the G1 toy which would have looked very different in vehicle mode, as well as allowing both gun and rotor to be stored in all three forms.

Man, I really wish I had a little workshop with some plastic sheeting, shaping tools, dye etc...

jaydisc
22nd June 2009, 11:54 AM
So Universe:

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/DSC05283.jpg

or Botcon:

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/DSC05284.jpg

There's quite a difference in height. I think I might need to see how Fans Project Protector looks all suited up. Also, I'm considering tossing in a Botcon Elita One and pretending it's Arcee. Then all I need is a Wreck-Gar <cough>Collector</cough> and a Kup with a worthy mold.

lcz128
22nd June 2009, 11:57 AM
jeepers. ONE YEAR LATER in the same thread, jay! Wow!

jaydisc
22nd June 2009, 12:02 PM
jeepers. ONE YEAR LATER in the same thread, jay! Wow!

Wow! To the day! I hadn't even noticed. It seemed the most 'propriate place.

kup
22nd June 2009, 12:18 PM
Out of the two I prefer the Botcon one as it has a more Springer feel to him particularly towards the comic version of the character as Paulbot mentioned in his now ancient post. I don't really see Springer on the Evac repaint aside from the color which is too much of a light green anyway.

However I would indeed prefer a proper triplechanging Springer but Hasbro refuses to do one despite the 'car' mode being nothing more than the helicopter mode with its blades folded in. He was a bit of a cheat in G1 and I would even forgive this cheat in Classics.

Fan Projects are pretty much giving us what Hasbro has refused to do over the years despite several opportunities for them to do so but oh well..

jaydisc
22nd June 2009, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately, I'm all but convinced that Defender will never see the light of day. :(

Paulbot
22nd June 2009, 12:31 PM
So Universe:

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/DSC05283.jpg

In a TFTM assortment of characters, Classics fits better (as per my original post Classics=Cartoon, Botcon=Comic).

I enjoy Wheelie riding Grimlock in those pics too. :)

Lord_Zed
22nd June 2009, 01:39 PM
In a TFTM assortment of characters, Classics fits better (as per my original post Classics=Cartoon, Botcon=Comic).

I enjoy Wheelie riding Grimlock in those pics too. :)

It's true in those comparison photos Universe Springer has the edge.

Still not a fan of either though. Energon Bulkhead is a better Springer if you can handle his face.

kup
22nd June 2009, 01:43 PM
It's true in those comparison photos Universe Springer has the edge.

Still not a fan of either though. Energon Bulkhead is a better Springer if you can handle his face.

Yeah, his body is sure Springer and the Helicopter is a better match too but the mustache face ruins it. They should have remolded his head and released him as Springer instead.

kup
22nd June 2009, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately, I'm all but convinced that Defender will never see the light of day. :(

you are probably right but I hope you are wrong :)

Fan Projects has gained a bit of legitimacy with me for their ability to get right what Hasbro persistently gets wrong - They are not copying or KOing but rather catering to what the fans want which Hasbro refuses to do.

snaketales
22nd June 2009, 01:55 PM
Botcon version looks better but I'd still rather have a triple-changer.

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd June 2009, 08:29 PM
Triple changers rock mightily, but between those two, I prefer the Botcon one. Its rough and ready and the head is a better match IMO (and I like that mould quite a lot). The earth mode helicopter just doesn't fit right for me.

GoktimusPrime
22nd June 2009, 09:09 PM
Both are better than the G1 toy who was pretty ordinary, even by Triple Changer toy standards of the day. G1 Astrotrain and Blitzwing totally pwn Springer.

Wheel-J
23rd June 2009, 12:27 PM
G1 Astrotrain and Blitzwing totally pwn Springer.

Definitely and I don't argue on that. But despite of it, G1 Springer has grown onto me coz he's the first triple-changer I owned during my kiddo days.:o And besides, it was fond to (surprisingly) know the helicopter blades turns out to become his sword/saber. Now is that a first in TF history?? With my hopes and expectations still with FP, dreams sometimes come true. :rolleyes:

Going back to the topic, ooh, the poll is now open again! my optic sensors is in tact with universe springer. :D