PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - TFPrime Cmdr Starscream

griffin
17th March 2012, 03:32 AM
(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Starscream
Series - Transformers Prime
Sub-line - Cyberverse
Size/class - Commander
Wave - 1
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - March 2012
Approximate Retail Price - $15-20
Approximate Size - 10cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Fighter Jet
Main Features/Gimmicks - translucent parts can light up from LEDs packed with other figures.
Main Colours - Dark grey, mid grey, red
Main Accessories - 2 wing-guns

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/tfpc09.jpg

MindsetOverhaul
18th March 2012, 02:38 AM
looks like sh!7.
i hadn't seen this toy before now and only through boredom happened to see it now after having followed the link here because i voted "NO" in the latest "worth buying?" poll. Also, i only voted "NO" because 1 other person had already done so. Usually i'd vote on the "don't give a fat rats' crack" option on account of my genuine lack of interest but i couldn't interrupt the "clean sweep" aspect of the current poll (100% is 100% no matter how you stand). I'll leave that to someone who gives a f#@K.

so, size class= Commander? what does that equal in ye olde spake?

Sky Shadow
18th March 2012, 02:47 AM
so, size class= Commander? what does that equal in ye olde spake?

Slightly-lame Basic/Scout/non-autotransforming-Activator size. A small step up from a Legend (which are now called Cyberverse Legions).

GoktimusPrime
18th March 2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah, Commander is the new Basic/Scout ... only $3-5 more expensive (only in AU... US RRP (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Size_class#Dark_of_the_Moon) remains the same as Scout :(). It's not a bad size class - we've had some gems like Powerglide and Guzzle... but I see no reason why the Australian RRP had to be jacked up. :(

I saw this toy in stores yesterday and I'm not convinced. The jet mode looks particularly lame in the stock photos. On the plus side it does have a show-like red crest spike (whereas it's grey on the Deluxe; although if that sort of thing really bugs you you could just reprolabel (http://www.reprolabels.com/Prime/p1.php) your Deluxe ;)).

Doubledealer
18th March 2012, 02:25 PM
Bought on sight. This is the only TFP Starscream toy that comes with the null rays, and the robot mode looks wicked.

lcz128
18th March 2012, 05:42 PM
Picked this up yesterday and I really quite liked it.
Simple, intuitive transformation and the jet mode really doesn't look as bad as stock photos make it feel.

Doubledealer
19th March 2012, 02:42 AM
Picked this up yesterday and I really quite liked it.
Simple, intuitive transformation and the jet mode really doesn't look as bad as stock photos make it feel.

Hi lcz, if it's not too much trouble could you please post a pic of Deluxe FE Starscream using the Commanders class toys null rays? I'd love to see this. :)

reillyd
20th March 2012, 05:04 PM
Unlike the legion class, Cyberverse Commanders have stronger plastic for the weapons that won't bend, which is a pleasant improvement.

Sutton
25th March 2012, 09:30 AM
Partner bought this for me yesterday. He's pretty nifty, the bot mode being the highlight.

It's not an easy design to translate in toy form so I think they've done about as good a job as they could at this size. The only disappointment is the kibble on his arms, but overall it looks like Starscream from the show, can't ask for much more than that! :-)

liegeprime
25th March 2012, 10:43 AM
As i will be collecting the Cyberverse version of TFP, it's an easy yes for me. Although the price (as usual) is quite a ripoff here in Aus.:(

Decepticon
25th March 2012, 01:23 PM
This Prime Starscream is very feminine in my opinion. Long super model lady legs with high heels. I think all the Prime versions of Arcee looks more like a man than Starscream. Prime Soundwave suffers from 'Transformers Transvestite' syndrome also.

Tallestblue
26th March 2012, 10:13 AM
This Prime Starscream is very feminine in my opinion. Long super model lady legs with high heels. I think all the Prime versions of Arcee looks more like a man than Starscream. Prime Soundwave suffers from 'Transformers Transvestite' syndrome also.

So True. I can't can't get the image of TF Prime Starscream descending a staircase singing "Sweet Transvestite" out of myhead.

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th March 2012, 06:04 PM
Bah, awful jet mode, the big nose of the plane looks crapola. Wings are in the wrong spot for robot mode. I know how limited this size class is, but really it's only 5/7$ away from the deluxe.

If the delxue was available and at normal retail, I would strongly recomend that over this waste of money.

Mine has incredibly loose hip joints as well, so it's a struggle to get him to stand up. The only thing I like about this toy is shinign light through his chest (his eye nipple light up nicely) and the null rays.

I am impressed in the level of sculpting on this figure. I just hope the weapons are compatible with the deluxe

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th March 2012, 10:06 PM
Hi lcz, if it's not too much trouble could you please post a pic of Deluxe FE Starscream using the Commanders class toys null rays? I'd love to see this. :)

Messed about with the null rays and came up with this:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/a55924b2.jpg

You have to mode them a little bit though, but since the will still work as Null rays for the little figure it didn't bother me that much. Plus I bought the commander, pretty much just for the Null rays anyway... They are easy enough to mod, just clip them with some cutters. Make sure you have a llittle bit to hook over the plastci that connects the hand to the arm. Dont do too much at first, its easier to take than add ;)

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/22ddc4a2.jpg

SMHFConvoy
8th April 2012, 11:44 AM
Angle the feet inwards and it helps make the jet mode look a lot better.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5118/6909217568_71f1a2ee04.jpg

This was the last figure in cyberverse wave1 that I bought. Once I did get him I found that he's an Ok figure. Not the best fig but the joints being at the back of the leg way allow for some really nice poses. Also you can mistransform him into Skylynx's bird half! :D