PDA

View Full Version : custom classics Macabre (UK version)

snaketales
18th March 2012, 10:25 PM
Apologies to anyone who hasnt been able to get hold of a Sky Shadow yet....

A simple repaint following the colours from the Marvel UK Target 2006 version. The hardest part was cutting out and glueing on his visor.

My kids tell me the gun is a disintegrator gun from the GI Joe movie line.

http://i40.tinypic.com/35nbwiv.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/kdrgg8.jpg

Here's the pic I was using as a reference: (courtesy of TF Wiki)
http://i44.tinypic.com/azatqv.jpg

I have a custom Impactor (it's on these boards somewhere) so all I need is Emirate Xaaron. I have an idea for it but it involves finding a cheap revoltech Megatron.

Hursticon
18th March 2012, 10:36 PM
I'd be one of those people Snakey :p, regardless though that is a pretty cool repaint indeed :cool:; the comics did some weird things with colours didn't they? :p:D

snaketales
18th March 2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah, for a while I was stuck between painting him light blue as per the comics or silver for a more realistic robotic look (and subdued colour theme).

mentok27
18th March 2012, 11:01 PM
Damn that's a good idea. Another to put on my project list.... Well over 50 figs already!

Paulbot
18th March 2012, 11:14 PM
It's a nice repaint to make that character, very fitting and well achieved.

One thing I've never really noticed before is that the comic design has a big M on his belt buckle, just like Marvel's Apocalypse has his big silly A. Apocalypse first appeared in comics earlier the same year that issue of TF:UK was published. I wonder if Will Simpson was inspired by the mutant's design when drawing that issue. :)

Sky Shadow
18th March 2012, 11:16 PM
Brilliant, Snaketales. Just brilliant.

Metallikato
18th March 2012, 11:31 PM
That's cool. By pure chance I was looking at Macabre's tfwiki page earlier today thinking it'd be nice to see a figure one day.

MindsetOverhaul
23rd March 2012, 05:28 PM
Clean work as usual,man. i've always appreciated the skill involved in the highly detailed painting techniques applied by some customizors (the legend Spurt Reynolds is first to spring to mind) but overall, i really prefer this style and the clean finish, it still looks like a toy that fits into the rest of a collection rather than a art display piece. you should check out joey santana at sector 70 sometime, he does similar stuff to you

sadface @ not having my own skyshadow yet
(the visor looks like it could use a little trim off the side to better align with the helmet maybe, not a critique, just opinion)

mentok27
24th March 2012, 10:51 AM
I love me some fiction only g1ers given classics treatment. Way more fictioncons than fictionbots though.....

GoktimusPrime
24th March 2012, 10:10 PM
One thing I've never really noticed before is that the comic design has a big M on his belt buckle, just like Marvel's Apocalypse has his big silly A. Apocalypse first appeared in comics earlier the same year that issue of TF:UK was published. I wonder if Will Simpson was inspired by the mutant's design when drawing that issue. :)
Or perhaps Macabre was forged from the same place as Brawn and Huffer. :p :p