PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - TFPrime Deluxe Arcee V2

griffin
19th March 2012, 03:05 AM
(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Toy Review - Arcee
Series - Transformers Prime
Sub-line - Robots In Disguise
Size/class - Deluxe
Wave - 2
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - Should be here Mar/Apr (released globally March 2012)
Approximate Retail Price - ($24-30?) US$12
Approximate Size - (12cm?)
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Motorcycle
Main Features/Gimmicks - (Spring-loaded feature?)
Main Colours - Blue, black, grey
Main Accessories - Gun & sword (combines)

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/tfpr07.jpg

Sky Shadow
19th March 2012, 03:40 AM
That's Deluxe? It looks like Energon Arcee in blue.

Bumbleb33
5th April 2012, 01:06 PM
Brillant figure, looks great, feels great, great transformation, even my girl was impressed. Get RID Arcee she is awesome!

GoktimusPrime
5th April 2012, 05:25 PM
Well, the kibble-less shoulders are more show-accurate than FE Arcee's... but still not sold on the rest of the toy, particularly the lighter shade of blue, oversized single gun and single blade (is that Hasbro grey?). Will need to see one up close IRL to make a better judgement. So this toy's out here now?

Ode to a Grasshopper
21st April 2012, 10:23 PM
Opened her up today, and she's lovely. Kinda small and the transformation won't appeal to anyone who likes a challenge (it's at Easy-for-a-Scout level), but she has a fairly solid bike mode and a really nice robot mode. The light piping is just amazingly good, the backpack isn't that bad in person, the giant gun actually sorta works, and she's pretty poseable.
She's no Vehicon Mk 2 or FE Starscream but still...well worth getting. TFPrime seems to be very much a mixed bag, with really good and really bad figures, and happily she's on the good side.

GoktimusPrime
22nd April 2012, 05:03 PM
...a toy with Scout-level engineering should be sold at a Scout price point IMO. (-_-) If they made it Scout sized that'd probably work in its favour as Arcee is shorter than the other Autobots in the cartoon anyway.

Doubledealer
24th June 2012, 04:36 PM
Received my Arcee in the mail the other day. I don't have a problem with this toy as a scout class figure at all, it falls within that range in terms of paint, transformation complexity and overall detailing. What I do have a problem with is that this is a deluxe class toy being sold at the same price as my friend on the right here, Samura Prowl:

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu332/Doubledealer_83/arceebot.jpg

Does anyone else see a slight difference in terms of value for money here?
Not only is Arcee far smaller, features way fewer parts and is less complex, it actually has a lot less gloss black plastic/paint (instead going for a cheap, chalky matt black plastic everywhere bar the chest) and far less paint (look at at all the gold on Samurai Prowl).

From a design perspective, it seems clear to me that Arcee's toy was designed after her CGI artwork, and this is why she is so, well...Kibblicious? If this is in fact true I do think they've done a good job all things considered but once again, for a scout class toy and not a deluxe. The good times continue with the ball joints. These are not the magnificent ones used on scout class Windcharger, these are the utter crap ones used on scout class Breacher eg. overly tight and not the least bit enjoyable to play with.

As a scout class toy I give Arcee an 8/10.
As a deluxe class toy I give Arcee a 6/10.

GoktimusPrime
24th June 2012, 07:46 PM
As a scout class toy I give Arcee an 8/10.
As a deluxe class toy I give Arcee a 6/10.
As you said, this toy is being sold at the Deluxe price point... so it's kinda hard to say that it's a good Scout unless they start selling it at $15 each. ;) Might happen if this thing comes out at Big W and shelfwarms long enough. <shrugs> I'm not interested in this toy -- not for the size and price. Especially when I already have FE Arcee (if I didn't I would've definitely already purchased this toy).

Doubledealer
24th June 2012, 08:02 PM
As you said, this toy is being sold at the Deluxe price point... so it's kinda hard to say that it's a good Scout unless they start selling it at $15 each. ;)

What I was trying to say is exactly that, if you can get it for $15-odd dollars, you've done well and I would rate the toy a 8/10.

Pay $25+ and it's not such a great deal for what you're getting.