PDA

View Full Version : IDW RiD #3 preview

griffin
21st March 2012, 03:02 AM
IDWs Robots in Disguise comic (the homeworld one, not the offworld one) has issue three out this week, and you can see 7 of the 20-something pages here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/idw-transformers-robots-in-disguise-ongoing-3-preview/24326/).

Sky Shadow
21st March 2012, 05:11 AM
Seriously?

"Hi, Dirge! I'm Barrel Roll. I'm green and you've never seen me before unless you collect obscure Euro Mini-Cons, but I totally fit in with the rest of my team - this is Silverbolt, Air Raid, Fireflight, Skydive and Slingshot. Weird that my colours completely clash with the rest of my team. And they're all G1 characters who combine into a giant robot and I'm always left o... Oh crap."

Why didn't they just give the sixth Aerialbot a red shirt to wear? :rolleyes:

i_amtrunks
21st March 2012, 08:39 AM
Seriously?

"Hi, Dirge! I'm Barrel Roll. I'm green and you've never seen me before unless you collect obscure Euro Mini-Cons, but I totally fit in with the rest of my team - this is Silverbolt, Air Raid, Fireflight, Skydive and Slingshot. Weird that my colours completely clash with the rest of my team. And they're all G1 characters who combine into a giant robot and I'm always left o... Oh crap."

Why didn't they just give the sixth Aerialbot a red shirt to wear? :rolleyes:

Agreed. It's not like they haven't killed off characters before that were part of combiner teams.

Wheeljack centris means this should be good, we only have another 2 issues after this one before a big name returns to give the Bee and his team more grief!

Paulbot
21st March 2012, 10:51 AM
Agreed. It's not like they haven't killed off characters before that were part of combiner teams.

Wheeljack centris means this should be good, we only have another 2 issues after this one before a big name returns to give the Bee and his team more grief!

I'm hoping that solicit regards a standalone change of scene issue myself. Like that issue with Hot Rod attacking the Deceptibase in the middle of the earthbound ongoing. Take a break, show us something else that sets up further stories, then back to the regular story.

But overall i continue to get the vibe that RID is the poor brother. Looking forward to trying #2 when the price drops tomorrow. Edit: it's already dropped. I'll download and read it tonight.

i_amtrunks
21st March 2012, 03:51 PM
I'm hoping that solicit regards a standalone change of scene issue myself. Like that issue with Hot Rod attacking the Deceptibase in the middle of the earthbound ongoing. Take a break, show us something else that sets up further stories, then back to the regular story.

I'll jump in your boat of hope.

Just thought we'd go more than 6 months without seeing him. Maybe IDW had a mini panic in the scheduling? (wishful thinking: it takes the action of the main players but sets up events for the next year of stories...)