PDA

View Full Version : KO MT Battle tank and KO City commander

zs96742
24th March 2012, 11:13 AM
These KO versions are around $25 if purchased from China. :eek:

(links removed - if people want KOs they have to find them themselves... this board is not to become a site that makes it easy to acquire illegal toys)

reillyd
24th March 2012, 06:15 PM
That's so funny. FP City Commander is a third party product, and they themselves are KO'd. There's some irony in that one!

MindsetOverhaul
24th March 2012, 06:29 PM
Seems any popular toy gets KO'd. just don't be so cheap as to buy them.
There is a good thread on a TF board (i think it was, or it may have been on youtube. can't remember) on ways to identify the KO.
It's difficult when buying on Ebay but once the figures in hand you'll know.
a few things i remember is *the box, while appearing identical, was shi77y cardboard.
* the joints and hinges were mostly slop merchant and
* so were many of the paint apps.
* the blue plastic does not match the ultra magnus plastic as well as the FP version.
* Fansproject use really f#ck!n9 cool hollow pins whereas the KO has regular steel pins and in some cases styrene pins.

kup
24th March 2012, 09:03 PM
I have seen the KOs for various versions of City Commander and I can tell you that the KOs may look pretty good in photos but are considerably and noticeably inferior in real life.

Sky Shadow
24th March 2012, 09:12 PM
(links removed - if people want KOs they have to find them themselves... this board is not to become a site that makes it easy to acquire illegal toys)

These are knockoffs of intellectual property theft. It's a dose of their own poison. Some hilariously insane responses from elsewhere:

"My issue with ripping off other 3rd party groups is a simple one. You knock off Hasbro, ya it sucks but truth is, who cares. We the collectors make up 10% and KO's only effect 10% of their sales group. Of that 10% I would be surprised if more than 10% buy KOs so KO's only effect about 1% of Hasbro's total potential sales."

"I just think its a crap thing to steal from 3rd party and Garage Kit makers."

"I'm not into the KO companies that knock off 3rd party products. It could be hypocritical of me, but it's one thing to infringe IP on the big guy, it's a completely different thing when companies go after the little guy."

zs96742
25th March 2012, 12:20 PM
Seems any popular toy gets KO'd. just don't be so cheap as to buy them.
There is a good thread on a TF board (i think it was, or it may have been on youtube. can't remember) on ways to identify the KO. It's difficult when buying on Ebay but once the figures in hand you'll know. a few things i remember is the box, while appearing identical was shi77y cardboard. the joints and hinges were mostly slop merchant and so were amny of the paint apps. the blue plastic does not match the ultra magnus plastic as well as the FP version. Fansproject use really f#ck!n9 cool hollow pins whereas the KO has regular steel pins and in some cases styrene pins.

The images they using is the orginal Fansproject.

griffin
25th March 2012, 04:04 PM
I was going to replace the links to the first post, as these aren't KOs of actual Transformers toys, but thought it might look like I'm okay with any type of KOs (it could set a precedent that might cause problems later).
Some people went to a lot of trouble creating accessories that a lot of us would have snapped up in an instant if Hasbro produced them, so it might seem a shame that they don't get any royalties from it... but then again, they didn't pay any royalties for using Hasbro concepts in the first place.
Saying that though, at least FP weren't preventing people from buying anything Hasbro/TT related, as it wasn't competing or Knocking-Off anything that exists, or is likely to exist. (and the KOs make it even more expensive for the rest of us to acquire the toys that need to go with them - it was bad enough with the limited run of the originals, but the flood of KOs will put even more demand on the actual toys)

MindsetOverhaul
26th March 2012, 11:01 AM
Some hilariously insane responses from elsewhere:

"My issue with ripping off other 3rd party groups is a simple one. You knock off Hasbro, ya it sucks but truth is, who cares. We the collectors make up 10% and KO's only effect 10% of their sales group. Of that 10% I would be surprised if more than 10% buy KOs so KO's only effect about 1% of Hasbro's total potential sales."

LMFAO OMG. "we the collectors make up 10%" -of what? dick. The argument, while fundamentally flawed from square-1, has some hilarious pseudo-applicable -maths going for it, that's for sure. You cant make a rebuttal when you have no idea what someone's on about. i bet this douche could talk his way out of anything. You're a champ mate;)