PDA

View Full Version : Two characters I designed

Sam
9th June 2008, 06:02 PM
Hey all, I decided to make a couple of characters for a Transformers comic I wish to make.

Sorry, I seem to be unable to post preview images (I think this is part of those technical issues on the Board Info section that Griffin wrote about), so if you are interested just click on the links.

The first character is Panelscan:
wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Panelscan-88129459

The second is an older character called Star Breach that I've updated with specs and a profile:
wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Star-Breach-88127576

Personally, I didin't like the way the alternate mode turned out for Panelscan. It was too blocky and the angles were skewed (especially the Autobot logo in relation to the rest of the hovercar). But I drew it by trying to keep things realistic (i.e. the robot has to be able to transform into this).

Any comments / tips and/or examples on drawing better alternate modes and adding more details to robot modes would be welcome. Thank you.

jaydisc
9th June 2008, 08:50 PM
Beautiful drawings. The alt mode is a bit dull. Is there an alt mode for Star Breach? I didn't see it.

roller
9th June 2008, 09:08 PM
i'd like to see panelscan shot to death by a group of 6 decepticons

he looks like a cross between Sunstreakers arms and Hound

STL
9th June 2008, 09:26 PM
I love the clean lines. I struggle to get those. My line art is very rough and sketchy. I've been told to use that blue thing that helps to keep your lines clean.

I like Star Breach, he sounds interesting. Any pics of alt modes? Love to see them. Are you planning to draw the whole TF comic or just do some small stories like Mosaics?

The angle of the crotch on Panelscan looks a bit wierd. Like its pointing upwards. so maybe a change in perspective?

Soundwarp
10th June 2008, 02:41 PM
I love the clean lines. I struggle to get those. My line art Wow i love Panelscan and everything about him.

Sam
10th June 2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Beautiful drawings. The alt mode is a bit dull. Is there an alt mode for Star Breach? I didn't see it.

Yeah the alt mode for Panelscan is kinda dull. I will probably re-do it.

I haven't done an alt mode for Star Breach yet. I think I should. Will post when done.

i'd like to see panelscan shot to death by a group of 6 decepticons

he looks like a cross between Sunstreakers arms and Hound

Heheh, maybe I should do a scene where he is trying to escape from enemy forces but gets ambushed? :)

I love the clean lines. I struggle to get those. My line art is very rough and sketchy. I've been told to use that blue thing that helps to keep your lines clean.

I like Star Breach, he sounds interesting. Any pics of alt modes? Love to see them. Are you planning to draw the whole TF comic or just do some small stories like Mosaics?

The angle of the crotch on Panelscan looks a bit wierd. Like its pointing upwards. so maybe a change in perspective?

What is that blue thing? Actually just do what I do ... do the sketch it pencil first. You can be as rough as you want. Then firm in the lines that you are sure of and then go over them in pen.

The alt mode for Star Breach is coming ... sometime .. soon-ish (?).

I would like to draw a longer comic as it gives me more time to develop the characters. But I have this problem .. it's called "lack of dedication". :)

The crotch bit on Panelscan's alt mode does look weird. I should change it and make it twist when transforming so that it's at the "bottom" instead.

Wow i love Panelscan and everything about him.

Thank you. :)

I hope to share better quality drawings in the future...

Soundwarp
11th June 2008, 05:31 AM
I haven't done an alt mode for Star Breach yet. I think I should. Will post when done.

I look forward to this!

STL
12th June 2008, 08:54 AM
Man, Sam, you've got my creative itch going...

GoktimusPrime
20th June 2008, 06:24 PM
Good work. :)

btw, it's "Tagan" Heights, not "Tagon." :) :)

Robzy
20th June 2008, 07:34 PM
Great drawings mate!!! :)

What is that blue thing? I was wondering the same thing :confused:

Man, Sam, you've got my creative itch going... You can get a cream for that! ;)

Sam
20th June 2008, 11:15 PM
Good work. :)

btw, it's "Tagan" Heights, not "Tagon." :) :)

I used page 11 of the "Transformers: The Ultimate Guide" (Furman, 2004, Dorling Kindersley Ltd) as my reference. So they must be wrong then.

I would be interested if there is a better quality list of Cybertron region names I could refer to somewhere .... since I think I'll make use of more region names in the future. If you know of a source online, please pass me the link. Ta. :)

Great drawings mate!!! :)

Thank you! :)

Tiby
22nd June 2008, 01:29 PM
Very nice Sam! I like the civilian backgrounds rather than the predominantly war-mongering bots we are used to.

I also like how you have no "cockpit" or "windshield" in the alt-mode - I never understood why native TFs had these as they did not need to mimic passenger carrying vehicles.

Keep it up!

Pulse
22nd June 2008, 04:42 PM
Very slick! :D

Now, how about some gestalt goodness? ;)

GoktimusPrime
22nd June 2008, 08:21 PM
I also like how you have no "cockpit" or "windshield" in the alt-mode - I never understood why native TFs had these as they did not need to mimic passenger carrying vehicles.
Dia-D'OH! (>_<)

MV75
22nd June 2008, 09:39 PM
Panelscan looks like a hdmi->vga adapter. :D

I really like the other guy though. It's got everything I like, like wrist blasters. :) Could use a slightly larger head though.
________
Ford Gaa Engine Picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_GAA_engine)