KaRNiV8L PRiME
1st April 2012, 11:04 AM
Heya,
Was just searching through Ezydvd and found this

Transformers Prime: Volume 1 - Darkness Rising
(DVD - PAL - 20/06/12)
$19.97
Available for Pre-order

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/transformers-prime-volume-1-darkness-rising/dp/6112233

I would have thought the entire first season would be available!

griffin
1st April 2012, 01:16 PM
That's pretty typical here though, because it's likely to be by a big distributor like Sony.
When we have CURRENT series released here, it always seems to be in volumes (Animated and Armada), never in box sets... which means we have to pay even more (our DVDs are more expensive, and we have to buy more of them compared to a box set).

Only the smaller players like Madman would give us a boxset, because their profit targets aren't as high.

Quickstrike
1st April 2012, 02:28 PM
Madman are actually the guys releasing Prime here. Plus whatever this is. (http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/transformers-generation-1-season-1-collection-remastered/dp/6112232)

KalEl
1st April 2012, 02:54 PM
any news on the blu ray release here?

Spiritprime
1st April 2012, 03:25 PM
OMG! OMFG! I am one happy little fangirl! SPLEEE!

KalEl
1st April 2012, 05:02 PM
OMG! OMFG! I am one happy little fangirl! SPLEEE!

i know, i cant wait

griffin
1st April 2012, 06:35 PM
Madman are actually the guys releasing Prime here.

Ah, so it is... I didn't see the little logo on the bottom corner. They must still have a license for TFs cartoons then... I might harass them again about doing Animated Season 3 (which they didn't ever reply to, when I asked about it before).

Pity that they are releasing this series in volumes instead of as a box-set, as it will encourage the more dedicated fans to import a smaller, cheaper box-set.

UltraMarginal
1st April 2012, 07:26 PM
Wasn't the initial release in the states just the first five parter. then only recently the first season was released.
I'd just wait and see they will surely release it as a whole season.

Decepticon
1st April 2012, 10:16 PM
Cant someone just get off their ass and give Australia a 'full' series of Prime on DVD!!:mad: Sick of waiting and paying extra in this Country.

Prowl
1st April 2012, 10:28 PM
Just paid $40 inc shipping for the first season on DVD on Ebay. Since I will be recovering from surgery this week I hope it arrives on Tuesday or Wednesday.

griffin
1st April 2012, 11:44 PM
For anyone interested in the full first season, and don't want to wait for Madman to release it in 4 volumes over the next year, Amazon still have it in stock (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JN8770/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER) (mine arrived on Friday). A single copy will cost AU$27.04 shipped... Before shipping, the whole season is about the same cost as the single disc Volume from Madman (which will mean a total cost of $80 for the full season here, compared to $27 importing the US version).

5FDP
2nd April 2012, 10:18 AM
This is hilarious... more than a year and a half after these episodes aired in the US they are being released here on DVD at about three times the cost of what US fans are paying. Laughable!

Paul Agnew
2nd April 2012, 01:42 PM
Plus whatever this is. (http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/transformers-generation-1-season-1-collection-remastered/dp/6112232)

A local release of the 'remastered' Shout! Factory DVD's?

Hursticon
2nd April 2012, 01:57 PM

I'll be emailing them later this evening - If this is the case I'll be buying it for sure, stupid Rhino! :mad:

Spiritprime
2nd April 2012, 03:24 PM
It's really a pity this isn't coming here on blu-ray... I bet you sometime down the track, Madman is gonna release it on blu-ray and dvd in a complete boxset sometime down the track. *sarcasm*

This whole volume buying is getting VERY annoying now.

Quickstrike
2nd April 2012, 07:42 PM
They are releasing Prime on Blu-Ray. We just don't know when.

Huh, I didn't know that existed. It's probably that then!

Cat
2nd April 2012, 09:41 PM
Prime on blu-ray was put before the classification board last month.

Why spend time and money on that needlessly?

I'm pretty confident we'll get the blu-ray set, and that's what I'll be waiting for.

Quickstrike
2nd April 2012, 10:31 PM
Looks like we're getting the rest of Season 1 in a single set. (http://www.classification.gov.au/Usingclassification/Findaclassification/Pages/Classification-search-result.aspx?sid=N0wBEmL5fWlabh5ePshgQg%253d%253d&ncdctx=Xlo0pXgBLSGRn4G18x9KTJpGz4teHx1qpmvbkYv2MWy dqZGbrZ%252fR5jQtwk4ukgVltxLrEWlQceXYBwhYzJ4B1Q%25 3d%253d) Alright.

Decepticon
2nd April 2012, 11:22 PM
Looks like we're getting the rest of Season 1 in a single set. (http://www.classification.gov.au/Usingclassification/Findaclassification/Pages/Classification-search-result.aspx?sid=N0wBEmL5fWlabh5ePshgQg%253d%253d&ncdctx=Xlo0pXgBLSGRn4G18x9KTJpGz4teHx1qpmvbkYv2MWy dqZGbrZ%252fR5jQtwk4ukgVltxLrEWlQceXYBwhYzJ4B1Q%25 3d%253d) Alright.

When though?....2050?

Spiritprime
3rd April 2012, 12:15 AM

When though?....2050?

Yes, when? I bet maybe sometime later this year or early next year. Who knows?

Cat
3rd April 2012, 12:59 AM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/veemon/ublurays.html

Screw you all, I posted this last week.

:p

UltraMarginal
3rd April 2012, 10:44 AM
there was at least 4 months between the 5 part dvd and the season box set in the US, so it stands to reason they would do the same thing here.

It seems standard procedure these days to release anything in parts, or as a basic release and then months later release it in a better box format with more features etc. it's just the distributer penny pinchers making the most of peoples impatience.

Mechbiter
16th April 2012, 10:58 PM
Madman have the S1 Boxest scheduled for December this year.
It's listed in thier dealer guide.

Decepticon
16th April 2012, 11:11 PM
December!!!! .......PFFFTTTT!!!!!:mad:

Doubledealer
16th April 2012, 11:34 PM
Stuff the DVD's, I want to see a series marathon in 3D at the cinema. :p

griffin
17th April 2012, 12:15 AM
I sent them a third email on friday to a different email on their site... still nothing.
Maybe I'm on their blacklist too (like Hasbro AUS).

5FDP
17th April 2012, 10:18 AM
I sent them a third email on friday to a different email on their site... still nothing.

Nah griffin, I think it's just customer service these days.

Bartrim
17th April 2012, 10:31 AM
Nah griffin, I think it's just customer service these days.

Customer... Service....? These words don't go together.:p

5FDP
17th April 2012, 10:36 AM
Customer... Service....? These words don't go together.:p

I know eh... and yet companies are complaining we're all spending our dollars overseas :rolleyes:

KalEl
17th April 2012, 05:28 PM
I know eh... and yet companies are complaining we're all spending our dollars overseas :rolleyes:

it is just silly

Spiritprime
22nd April 2012, 03:13 PM
Madman have the S1 Boxest scheduled for December this year.
It's listed in thier dealer guide.

WHAT?! NYU! :(

I was hoping so badly that it would be released mid this year, not December! UGH! Damn you, HasAUS! Damn you! But then again, they'd probably say: "Screw the rules, we have money!" >.<

griffin
22nd April 2012, 04:39 PM
Region Coding doesn't prevent all pirating, so a 12 month delay of the boxset DVD here (from its release on TV in AUS, & the DVD release in America), will just lose them sales here... especially from the demographic a boxset caters too - who would already be chasing up a Season 2 Boxset from America and preparing for Season 3 on US TV (and youtube).

Spiritprime
23rd April 2012, 01:41 AM
Region Coding doesn't prevent all pirating, so a 12 month delay of the boxset DVD here (from its release on TV in AUS, & the DVD release in America), will just lose them sales here... especially from the demographic a boxset caters too - who would already be chasing up a Season 2 Boxset from America and preparing for Season 3 on US TV (and youtube).

Yup... This totally blows!

Hursticon
25th April 2012, 08:40 PM
Yup... This totally blows!

I'm inclined to agree here; A December release is just disgusting and smacks of Pay TV blocking Madman from releasing it earlier as it could possibly impact their revenue by having subscribers forgo a subscription to that particular channel. :cool:

I really love Madman as a company, they do such excellent work and produce equally top tier products; It disappoints me however that due to the continuing archaic nature of Australian retail, people are forced to support foreign companies over local ones and also possibly run the risk of committing copyright/IP infringement by downloading episodes. :(:mad:

Cat
27th April 2012, 03:53 PM
I'm just glad we're getting it here.

Sounds like a fair few people here aren't going to be buying it.

Fair enough if you've already bought the US version, but at the same time, it's a bit of a 'damned if we do, damned if we don't'.

By not buying the Aussie release, it decreases our chances of future TF sets, and not necessarily just TF:Prime.

Madman are a great team, and great to deal with. I'll be waiting for the bluray set, but i'll definitely be getting it.

I'll do my bit and hope that sale encourages, even as an infinitely small percentage of the number of purchases, them to consider their future TF releases.

griffin
6th May 2012, 10:18 AM
Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-prime-darkness-rising-sees-australian-release-june-20/24780/) just posted this up as front-page news, a month after it was news. :p

Hursticon
19th May 2012, 09:04 PM
Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-prime-darkness-rising-sees-australian-release-june-20/24780/) just posted this up as front-page news, a month after it was news. :p

Well, got to give it to them for trying. ;):cool:

Seraphim Prime
24th May 2012, 05:21 PM

I know Madman are currently in the process of moving offices. It could just be that they aren't able to respond to any enquires at the moment because of the move - not just you.

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2012, 10:07 PM
That or their eyes are hurting from all the orange in their new office! It's like they're barracking for The Netherlands or something. :p

Quickstrike
31st May 2012, 10:21 PM
I was poking around Madman's boards, saw this (http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=29034) thread and noticed this:

JB and Sanity will both have an exclusive Blu-Ray season collection sku for TF:Prime season 1.

There will also be separately released DVDs and Blu-Rays for each of the season 1 discs.

There you go.

That's interesting I guess.

jena
2nd June 2012, 11:15 AM
Just received this link from Fishpond: http://www.fishpond.com.au/Movies/Transformers-Prime/9322225094918?utm_source=email&utm_medium=toys&utm_campaign=Toys_BookFullDb_MayW4_au

Hursticon
6th June 2012, 11:09 AM
I was poking around Madman's boards, saw this (http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=29034) thread and noticed this:

That's interesting I guess.

Excellent news indeed! :D

Spiritprime
19th June 2012, 09:13 PM
Tomorrow's the day, people! So keep an eye out!

Paulbot
19th June 2012, 10:32 PM
I'm most curious about the "Remastered" G1 release. Hope somebody gets it and reviews it.

Spiritprime
20th June 2012, 04:42 PM
OMG! I bought the DVD (got emotionally excited in the end) and I had to run all the way back home because it was raining! XD Now I'm out of breath and happily watching my new DVD. There are some new interesting things in it I didn't even notice before. :D

Decepticon
20th June 2012, 11:17 PM
Kmart has the Darkness Rising for $16 which was actually cheaper than JBHifi:eek:. Also spotted at Kmart was the Special Edition g1 1986 movie DVD.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
21st June 2012, 12:00 AM
Kmart has the Darkness Rising for $16 which was actually cheaper than JBHifi:eek:. Also spotted at Kmart was the Special Edition g1 1986 movie DVD.

Big W has it for $15.87 :p

Sharky
21st June 2012, 07:27 AM
i Grabbed this last weekend from the Madman Stall/Booth at supanova for $15

i wasnt going to but i needed a transformer fix :p

KaRNiV8L PRiME
23rd June 2012, 08:54 PM
Just realized that the cover is reversible so i don't have to look at bumblebee

VERT
23rd June 2012, 10:40 PM
Just realized that the cover is reversible so i don't have to look at bumblebee

hahahah I just did the same thing :D

Spiritprime
24th June 2012, 03:02 AM
This DVD is fantastic! I can't wait for Unfamiliar Enemies to come out soon.

5FDP
25th June 2012, 09:36 AM
I'm most curious about the "Remastered" G1 release. Hope somebody gets it and reviews it.

Saw that on the weekend at TRU. Had no idea it was coming out.