PDA

View Full Version : custom Broadside

snaketales
4th April 2012, 01:12 PM
Made from an energon Tidal Wave - the white and green one, which made repainting really easy.

Some great customisers have used a classics Jetfire helmet as the head, but I couldn't figure out how to attach it, plus I thought it looked a bit small. Other versions have also swapped the shoulder pontoon things, but keeping the original head precluded it.

http://i43.tinypic.com/343hulu.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/287pysm.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2v8r3v8.jpg
It might be a bit charitable calling this the plane mode, but... (shrugs shoulders)

http://i44.tinypic.com/23j5xk3.jpg
Floating fortress mode

Paulbot
4th April 2012, 01:24 PM
Coooool! Looks like a good classic version.

The original's plane mode was a bit of a stretch too ;)

Deonasis
4th April 2012, 03:10 PM
That is so sweet! Great colours too, very close to how i would paint it (if i ever would)! Did you fully take it apart and sand down joints, clear coat it, etc? I just want to work out the effort involved to get a custom looking this good.

snaketales
4th April 2012, 03:18 PM
Did you fully take it apart and sand down joints, clear coat it, etc? I just want to work out the effort involved to get a custom looking this good.

I should have but I didn't. I'm kind of lazy that way. :o As a result there is some paint rub during transformation but I don't think I'll be transforming it much; the robot mode is my favourite. However, I do have clear-coating in mind (need to get around to buying some)

Slag
4th April 2012, 03:41 PM
Great idea mate.... looks good.
another updated G1:D

i_amtrunks
4th April 2012, 03:44 PM
That is one very nice looking repaint, the solid colours work well on the tidal wave figure. It would be obvious who it is meant to homage even had you not mentioned the name.

I should have but I didn't. I'm kind of lazy that way. :o As a result there is some paint rub during transformation but I don't think I'll be transforming it much; the robot mode is my favourite. However, I do have clear-coating in mind (need to get around to buying some)

I used to buy a spray on clear coat from games workshops but havent for well over a year, so I am not sure if they stock it anymore.

Model shops are also usually pretty good to get the spray on clear coat, but I find it better to clear coat when the figure has been pulled apoart a bit (Mainly so you get access to the ball joints and whatnot.)

SkyWarp91
4th April 2012, 04:30 PM
Creative idea behind using Energon Tidal Wave, I like it! This thing looks badass man.

Sky Shadow
4th April 2012, 07:07 PM
Very, very nice. Get on it Hasbro/FunPub!

loophole
4th April 2012, 07:08 PM
thats wicked!!

the only downside.....another custom for me to do for myself :P

Lint
4th April 2012, 10:06 PM
Fantastic idea and work Snakey!

klystron
4th April 2012, 10:26 PM
Looks fantastic. Cool custom. Well done.

STL
4th April 2012, 10:48 PM
Awesome!

But damn you LCZ128! You should've finished this by now!!!

Defcon
5th April 2012, 07:46 AM
Really nice work! totally convincing, and perfect use of the Tidal wave mold. If this was ever produced by Hasbro, Id definitely buy it.

Trent
5th April 2012, 08:14 AM
That's really cool. Kinda makes me wish I'd kept my armada tidal wave...

Sky Shadow
5th April 2012, 08:14 AM
Really nice work! totally convincing, and perfect use of the Tidal wave mold. If this was ever produced by Hasbro, Id definitely buy it.

And the Ramjet Mini-Con could be a scale model of his jet mode. :)

GoktimusPrime
5th April 2012, 09:01 PM
It might be a bit charitable calling this the plane mode, but... (shrugs shoulders)
It's better than Transformers Prime Megatron's jet mode! At least the head is properly concealed! :D

Creative idea behind using Energon Tidal Wave, I like it! This thing looks badass man.
Tidal Wave is indeed an awesome toy. By far my favourite Armada figure. :)

Hursticon
8th April 2012, 09:07 PM
Snakey! :eek:

This is an absolutely astounding custom effort! - It's such a logical repaint/retool that I'm quite honestly surprised it hasn't been realised in any sort of Official capacity. :eek::cool:
I like SS's suggestion that the Ramjet Minicon could serve as an avatar for his Airborne section of his being - Sort of how Roller was originally envisioned for Prime (i.e. the 3 components formed the whole). ;):D