kristofferrer
4th April 2012, 04:32 PM
i stumbled across these -
WFC Toys!

WFC Jazz
WFC Bruticus
WFC Optimus Prime
WFC Shockwave

US Toyfair Generations Display (http://insidepulse.com/2012/02/11/toy-fair-2012-transformers-generations-gallery/)

admins if this is a duplicate thread feel free to delete.

Decepticon
4th April 2012, 04:37 PM
Wow! Not bad. Not bad at ALL! My only gripe so far is the garish bright legs on Bruticus.

sideswipes brother
4th April 2012, 04:39 PM
Jazz looks like hes suckin on a lemon.:D

Paulbot
4th April 2012, 04:53 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure these are the newest pics, but for those not won over by TF:Prime, we need a reminder that new Generations toys are coming.

What I've not seen before is the back of box. The G1 style line graph for the stats makes a triumphant return!

kup
4th April 2012, 05:10 PM
Most certainly a 'wait to see what Takara-Tomy does' sort of deal as the colors are horrible or lacking.

Jazz's face sculpt is also pretty horrible. I can see it's the same guy that did Generation Kup's head. Hopefully a 3rd party will fix that.

GL-Sideswipe
4th April 2012, 05:11 PM
I would've liked bruticus in darker colours like he was when they first revealed him... ill still end up getting him though :P I like the look of shockwave and jazz, not optimus too much.. There is something about him I don't like but can't put my finger on it.

Cat
4th April 2012, 06:01 PM
We are getting the more muted colours Bruticus too.

So you can choose your favourite, or just mix and match to your hearts content.

I'm still not sold on that Jazz. The head just doesn't work for me.

PS you have the title wrong. These aren't WFC, they're FOC. Completely different Optimus to the WFC version we got.

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th April 2012, 06:17 PM
That Jazz headsculpt would go great as a Joker homage.
Kinda wish they'd go full G2 style on Bruticus if they're going to go with lurid anyway. Not sure if I'll pick him up or wait for a G1-esque repaint, though I do want to show some support for updated gestalts.

KalEl
4th April 2012, 06:23 PM
do want all!

kristofferrer
4th April 2012, 06:50 PM
We are getting the more muted colours Bruticus too.

So you can choose your favourite, or just mix and match to your hearts content.

I'm still not sold on that Jazz. The head just doesn't work for me.

PS you have the title wrong. These aren't WFC, they're FOC. Completely different Optimus to the WFC version we got.

I agree. the head doesnt exactly look right when compared to this model:

http://www.transformerscustomtoys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Jazz-Transformers-FOC.jpg

that said he'll still be in my collection one day.
compared to some of the other gestalt figures that are being released, this bruticus seems a little out of place in terms of detail and proportions. I might let the G2 Loud Colours Version slide but as Ode mentioned, i do want to show my support to the gestalt make and will purchased a g1 scheme version.

btw - updated the title (thanks cat)

Not sure if I'll pick him up or wait for a G1-esque repaint, though I do want to show some support for updated gestalts.

Zippo
4th April 2012, 07:25 PM
Look like Toy Fair 2012 pictures.
Just hope they are in scale with WFC toys..

Lord_Zed
4th April 2012, 08:06 PM
Bruticus looks worse every time I see a new pic.

As for Jazz he was pulling a funny face and the wind changed.

kup
4th April 2012, 08:18 PM
As for Jazz he was pulling a funny face and the wind changed.

lol :D

Verno
4th April 2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah, Jazz's face is... a bit weird.

Shockwave looks tasty though.

klystron
4th April 2012, 10:14 PM
these all look great.
and with all the money i'm not spending on the pooey TF:Prime toys, I will be able to buy all of them.
:D:D

optimus1
4th April 2012, 10:27 PM
:) I'm already liking Jazz!

Bruticus is ok....but needs some toning down of colours, it should either be G2 or G1 styled colours, not a mix of both!

Shockwave :cool:

But the FOC Prime :(
I still prefer the WFC Prime from the previous game, a much better sleek look. This one appears too blocky for my liking.
But might get sold on him when I see it in person. :o

Cat
4th April 2012, 10:38 PM
Jazz looks like he's just swallowed a lemon.

doublespy
4th April 2012, 10:48 PM
to this point i still don't understand why they went out and completely changed optimus' design. the original wfc optimus was one of the best primes we'd gotten in a while, both design and in toy form. the new character design for foc just looks off. he does look like Don Fuguroa's war within optimus. but way more too squarey and chunky to my liking. and the war within optimus had a pretty neat Titanium figure, but the similar design doesn't tranlate very well on a normal all plastic figure imo.

kup
4th April 2012, 10:57 PM
to this point i still don't understand why they went out and completely changed optimus' design. the original wfc optimus was one of the best primes we'd gotten in a while, both design and in toy form. the new character design for foc just looks off. he does look like Don Fuguroa's war within optimus. but way more too squarey and chunky to my liking. and the war within optimus had a pretty neat Titanium figure, but the similar design doesn't tranlate very well on a normal all plastic figure imo.

Simple: Excuse to make a new Prime toy for this line.

I also believe the WFC design to be superior.

doublespy
4th April 2012, 11:24 PM

you are right. but as far as i know the other character models only had slight changes if at all. (maybe they will put out repaints and retools down the line)and new autobot vehicles such as jazz retain the similar sleek,stream-lined "tron"ish aesthetic. the new optimus just looks out of place among his fellow autobots. AND the toy is possibly one of easiest deluxe to transform of all time.

i really do wanna like him. sadly both the character design and the toy are putting me off.

Decepticon
4th April 2012, 11:25 PM
The WFC Optimus is inferior to the FOC Optimus.

griffin
5th April 2012, 12:23 AM
Edited title to include the source of the pictures (US Toyfair in February), and removed Hotlinked pictures - replaced with a link to the article source.

Posting news here is appreciated, but please people, if you do post news here, include the source, and host or link to pictures.

Ode to a Grasshopper
5th April 2012, 01:37 AM

I also believe the WFC design to be superior.Pretty much.
Though I kind of like FOC Prime, it's not every day we get an OP with a beer gut.:D

kristofferrer
5th April 2012, 04:31 AM
it's not every day we get an OP with a beer gut.:D

LOL

Tallestblue
5th April 2012, 10:13 AM
Pretty much.
Though I kind of like FOC Prime, it's not every day we get an OP with a beer gut.:D

Someone's forgetting Energon Optimus.....

Ode to a Grasshopper
5th April 2012, 10:41 AM
Someone's forgetting Energon Optimus.....2 out of...oh God just how many Optimus toys are there now? a lot is still pretty rare.
'Sides, I see Energon OP as more 'Late-term Pregnancy Prime' than 'Beer-Gut Prime'.:D

5FDP
5th April 2012, 01:49 PM
Revisiting the pics of Shockwave... man, he really does suffer from chicken legs. Most of the 'official' pics of him have the toy turned sideways to cover this up. I'll still get him though.

kup
5th April 2012, 06:50 PM
Revisiting the pics of Shockwave... man, he really does suffer from chicken legs. Most of the 'official' pics of him have the toy turned sideways to cover this up. I'll still get him though.

Jazz suffers from this as well. I don't care much for the design of these toys, they seem a little 'backwards' when it comes to design and engineering. However they do represent the characters reasonably well and I guess that is their selling point for me but otherwise they are pretty 'meh'.

SuspectimusPrime
7th April 2012, 10:38 AM
Getting all of them!!
FOC Prime doesn't look too bad for me - the gut and large shoulders looks vaguely Powermaster Prime-esque.
Definitely not happy with the way Bruticus came out, but can't stop myself buying it just because its a combiner. Will wait to see what Takara-Tomy does to it first before impulsing.