PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - TFPrime Cmdr Dreadwing

griffin
7th April 2012, 12:25 AM
(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Dreadwing
Series - Transformers Prime
Sub-line - Cyberverse
Size/class - Commander
Wave - 2
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - Should be April 2012 (Released globally April)
Approximate Retail Price - $15-20
Approximate Size - 10cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Fighter Jet
Main Features/Gimmicks - translucent parts can light up from LEDs packed with other figures.
Main Colours - Dark blue, grey, yellow
Main Accessories - gun, sword

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/tfpc14.jpg

KaRNiV8L PRiME
7th April 2012, 07:19 AM
I really love this guy and think he is on par with bulkhead as far as commander class is concerned. The transformation is relatively basic and I love how the nose fits snuggly into his crotch.

Robot mode looks great and has really good articulation. Ball jointed hips, elbows and shoulders. Hinged knees and ankles and swivel upper thighs can create some great poses. His weapons can be combined to make the blaster look more menacing with a large bayonet. Sadly he doesn't come with his show accurate weapon.

Alt mode is sleek with all robot parts tucking snug under the jet. Impossible to hide but the arms do tuck in more than the mistransformed official pic.

Overall 9.5/10

Decepticon
13th June 2012, 01:33 PM
Got him today. Love both modes. That jet is 100% better than Commander Starscream. Only criticism is that the leg ball joints are very loose so legs keep falling off. Arms under the wings in jet mode are a bit kibblesome also. nice colours. 9/10

GoktimusPrime
22nd June 2012, 11:07 PM
The leg on mine fell off as I was opening the toy!! :eek: The big yellow transparent thing on the jet canopy looks weird. Otherwise it's a pretty nice toy. :)

I voted "Only if" -- I got him at Myer on sale for $15, and for that price I'm quite happy, but I noticed that the price tag was close to $20, and I'm not sure if any Commander Class toy is worth that much. $15 was the RRP for Scout Class toys. :/ It just feels cheap because the Commander RRP is so high.

tinyJazz
26th June 2012, 01:50 AM
I love how the nose fits snuggly into his crotch.

Alright, I'm going to have to start buying these...