PDA

View Full Version : Transformers cartoon DVDs

Sam
10th April 2012, 09:16 PM
Just thought people may be interested to know that I spotted a shop in Parramatta which sells import versions of Transformers Galaxy Force and Transformers: Prime cartoon DVDs.

The shop is called Media Asia, located near the 7 Eleven store which is next to Parramatta Town Hall (those that have been to the collectibles fair will know where this is).

Looking at the packaging, I believe the versions are from Malaysia (so would feature English audio, but probably no subtitles).

There is also a city store in Chinatown, and I note the website has not added its Parramatta address yet.

See: (link removed - product appears to be unauthorised)

crankcase76
11th April 2012, 04:00 PM
just got off eBay and found they are selling the TFprime DVD's Season 1 Regions 1&2, prices range from $24.00 and up. but also found the complete series from 1-26, NO Region(unrestricted) works in any dvd and in English for $24.99.

Spiritprime
12th April 2012, 02:44 PM
^
^For some reason, they look like bootlegs. No offense, but there is no such thing as a region free Transformers Prime dvd. I hate bootlegs.

Hursticon
12th April 2012, 04:35 PM
^
^For some reason, they look like bootlegs. No offense, but there is no such thing as a region free Transformers Prime dvd. I hate bootlegs.

It's entirely possible that they are, which would suck because that is increasingly becoming a problem and they're becoming ever harder to discern from legitimate versions - My parents were suckered into this sort of thing by a set of Downton Abbey DVDs; Fake as hell once in-hand. :(

griffin
16th April 2012, 12:10 PM
I'd expect that Singapore would have an official release soon, if not already, since they had the big TFs convention there last month. But there was no Hasbro or TakaraTomy logo anywhere on the cover, nor was their company name mentioned as the proprietory owners of the brand.
It looked professionally made (and KOs often can be when done in large enough numbers), so could fool anyone into thinking that they are legit, because they don't look cheap and nasty.

If in doubt, always look for a logo or ownership name (of Hasbro or TakaraTomy), and if you still aren't sure, do a google search or google image search to see if an official release exists, and what it should look like.

(removed ebay link and first post link)

Sam
16th April 2012, 06:11 PM
Oh sorry, I just read the DVD region info, looks like you're right. :0

Megatran
25th August 2014, 12:34 PM
I was watching Gen 1 cartoon on DVD. There were so much that I didn't remember as a kid.

One of the episode from Five Faces of Darkness:
Quintesson: You are the Autobot named Kup. You are Cybertron's Chief of Security.
Kup: Nah, my name's Teaspoon. I'm Cybertron's Chief Dishwasher.

:D

Sinnertwin
25th August 2014, 01:30 PM
I think my favourite would have to be Optimus in "A Prime Problem"

Addressing Trailbreaker as Trailblazer and yelling "Hes dropped Splick!" while Spike has an impromptu skydiving session will do wonders trying to convince the Autobots that you're the real deal :p
Actually, now that i think about it, that whole episode's a mess