PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart Super Toy Sale from 3 July

Paulbot
11th June 2008, 11:39 AM
The latest update from Kmart's Kmail includes a link to their site for their upcoming big toy sale where the countdown is on!
www.wheregoodtimesstart.com.au (http://www.wheregoodtimesstart.com.au)

www.kmart.com.au/kmail/20080612/default.htm (http://www.kmart.com.au/kmail/20080612/default.htm)

No details as yet, but hopefully they have some good TF stuff.

In the past couple of years this sale has included items such as Primus, Alternator Prime and Reissue Astrotrain.

Updating first post with details from catalogue.
http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/20080703/large.asp?Keyword=&PageNumber=22 (http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/20080703/large.asp?Keyword=&PageNumber=22)

Star Wars TFs
-Han & Chewie ($36, save $24)
-Darth Vader / Death Star ($49, save $50)

Animated
-Optimus Vs Megatron 2 pack ($38, save $12)

Movie
-Ultimate Bumblebee with bonus figurine ($80, save $70)
-Starscream Vs Arcee & Optimus 3-pack ($75, save $55)
-Bumblebee & Optimus 2-pack ($64, save $25)
-Blasters (Ratchet or Bumblebee) ($30, save $20)

***No rainchecks on any of them.

Plus, the Transfomers Movie game on PS2 ($24, save $26) is also included, on page 53.
And apparently the Animated DVD (first 3 episodes) is also included, for $16.

STL
13th June 2008, 08:42 AM
Ah, it starts at an opportune time for moi. :D

SilverDragon
17th June 2008, 04:50 PM
Darn. I'm going to be overseas then.

Then again, there isn't exactly much I'm interested in that's either out or coming out while the sale is on.

1orion2many
17th June 2008, 07:44 PM
Darn. I'm going to be overseas then.

Then again, there isn't exactly much I'm interested in that's either out or coming out while the sale is on.

:)It's amazing how much better some figures look when their price drops:D

autobreadticon
17th June 2008, 08:50 PM
Is the sale for all toys in stock or only specific toy items????

Golden Phoenix
17th June 2008, 09:42 PM
Is the sale for all toys in stock or only specific toy items????

I think they do a general sale on all stock as well as individual stock.

JuzMel
19th June 2008, 08:04 PM
Great I hope they actually stock some good items! I went to the Kmart sale today cause they showed the 2 new Screen Battles in the Catalogue, but nah, they still had the old ones 1 and 2 on the shelves.. bah.. :(

k.wong23
19th June 2008, 08:37 PM
Is anyone trying to play that balloon game to win $500 voucher?

I got around 680000 and the highest is 699999...and i still didn't get a top 10 score for $50 voucher! this games rigged

Robzy
19th June 2008, 10:21 PM
Is anyone trying to play that balloon game to win $500 voucher?

I got around 680000 and the highest is 699999...and i still didn't get a top 10 score for $50 voucher! this games rigged
:D Yeah I played that for a while. I got annoyed when the balloon kept bursting and the guy "dies" (or falls through the earth).

Golden Phoenix
20th June 2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah I think it is a random thing. I noticed that even if you do it around the same time or pattern it gives you a random result.
The only constant result is if you hold the button down for 6 blowing up sounds it will pop.

Paulbot
23rd June 2008, 09:29 PM
According to this week's K-Mart catalogue, a sneak preview will be online this Thursday 26 June, and they are "so excited we're opening early"!

NSW: Blacktown, Campbelltown, Casula, Glendale, Gorokan, Merrylands, Mt Druitt, Nowra, Penrith, Shellharbour, Sylvania, Tuggeranong, Wagga Wagga, Waratah, Warrawong & Way Way open at 12.01 am Thursday 3 July. All other stores open 7am.

SA: Firle, Ingle Farm, Kurralta Park, Munno Para open at 12.01 am Thursday 3 July. All other stores open 7am.

TAS: All stores open at 12.01 am Thursday 3 July.

VIC: Airport West, Belmont, Burwood, Campbellfield, Chirnside Park, Cranbourne, Fountain Gate, Melton, Preston, Shepparton, Southland, South Morang, Tralagon, Wendouree and Werribee open at 12.01 am Thursday 3 July. All other stores open 7am.

WA: All stores open 8am Thursday 3 July.

QLD: All stores open 8am Thursday 3 July.

NT: All stores open 7am Thursday 3 July.

dirge
23rd June 2008, 09:56 PM
"so excited we're opening early"!

All two of them! :p

Pulse
23rd June 2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks for posting that info Paul :).

Personally, I don't think there's gonna be anything to be found at this year's midnight sales so I seriously doubt I'll be shoving those Mums doing their early xmas shopping to one side ;).

According to BBTS' last newsletter email, The first 3 deluxes of Classics-verse will be getting released on:

"TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE: The first wave of Deluxe, Robot Masters, and Legends will also be arriving around July 1st."

so, in that case, it'll probably just be the remnants of the Movie/Allspark line on sale & K-Mart can keep them :rolleyes:

griffin
23rd June 2008, 11:48 PM
WHich is the one that is open 24 hours, and would already be open at 12.01?

STL
24th June 2008, 12:02 AM
WHich is the one that is open 24 hours, and would already be open at 12.01?

Last year, Iceburn and I went and found out that even 24 hr ones close for two hrs prior to the beginning of the sale so staff can set up stuff.

i_amtrunks
24th June 2008, 09:18 AM
Yeah I'm seriously doubting that Kmart will ahve much good stuff for sale this year. The fact that Blacktown and Mt Druitt seem to be depleted at 1am of all the sale items anyway doesn't help my enthusiasm.

JuzMel
24th June 2008, 04:21 PM
I was at Burwood Kmart just yesterday, the staff seem to be clearing all the shelves already and there were heaps of Toy Boxes all on the top shelves. Spotted a few Animated Megs/Prime +DVD for $50 and all the range of deluxes. Waiting for the sale to get em.. :p

autobreadticon
24th June 2008, 07:00 PM
I was at Burwood Kmart just yesterday, the staff seem to be clearing all the shelves already and there were heaps of Toy Boxes all on the top shelves. Spotted a few Animated Megs/Prime +DVD for $50 and all the range of deluxes. Waiting for the sale to get em.. :p

Deluxes as in Animated deluxes ?
woohoo animated in Kmart before the sale :D

dirge
24th June 2008, 07:57 PM
I'm down for Burwood East

Which isn't a promise that I'll actually turn up!

jaydisc
24th June 2008, 07:59 PM
What does that mean?

dirge
24th June 2008, 08:52 PM
Study my post carefully, Jay (:

jaydisc
24th June 2008, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I see the text in white, and suspect it's an attempt at humor, but I just don't get it.

Help me "get it". :rolleyes:

iceburn
24th June 2008, 11:51 PM
jay...there's a suburb in Sydney called Burwood.
we (mexicans) always call our Burwood East Kmart as Burwood Kmart
and our dear sydsider resident dirge is hinting that yes...he will be at Burwood East but won't be going Burwood???

dirge
25th June 2008, 06:35 AM
I was stating my interest in coming to the Burwood East K-Mart with you guys at 12:01, but backing out at ther same time.

iceburn
25th June 2008, 07:56 AM
we can understand dirgie :P
wish you are here with us

sifun
25th June 2008, 12:21 PM
Everyone wishes they were in Melbourne!

Thanatos
25th June 2008, 01:13 PM
Only thing I'll be getting are the last of the movie scouts.

dirge
25th June 2008, 02:38 PM
Everyone wishes they were in Melbourne!

No, Steve, I just wish I was with you :D

Pulse
25th June 2008, 02:42 PM
Dirge, You're weirding me out more & more every day... :eek:

Burn
25th June 2008, 04:44 PM
Dirge, You're weirding me out more & more every day... :eek:

He hasn't completely weirded you out yet?

Man, you're getting slack in your old age Dirge. :p

dirge
25th June 2008, 05:45 PM
Things are not what they seem - it's all part of a wider plot d:

The_Damned
25th June 2008, 06:50 PM
According to this week's K-Mart catalogue, a sneak preview will be online this Thursday 26 June, and they are "so excited we're opening early"!

NSW: Blacktown, Campbelltown, Casula, Glendale, Gorokan, Merrylands, Mt Druitt, Nowra, Penrith, Shellharbour, Sylvania, Tuggeranong, Wagga Wagga, Waratah, Warrawong & Way Way open at 12.01 am Thursday 3 July. All other stores open 7am.

SA: Firle, Ingle Farm, Kurralta Park, Munno Para open at 12.01 am Thursday 3 July. All other stores open 7am.

TAS: All stores open at 12.01 am Thursday 3 July.

VIC: Airport West, Belmont, Burwood, Campbellfield, Chirnside Park, Cranbourne, Fountain Gate, Melton, Preston, Shepparton, Southland, South Morang, Tralagon, Wendouree and Werribee open at 12.01 am Thursday 3 July. All other stores open 7am.

WA: All stores open 8am Thursday 3 July.

QLD: All stores open 8am Thursday 3 July.

thursday i sneaked a looksy at it today....... the 2 pack will be $38 if i can remember correctly.........

The_Damned
25th June 2008, 09:14 PM
oh i just remember swtf falcon han and chewie was $35.....

Paulbot
25th June 2008, 09:17 PM
They finally have it as a price I will buy it for! :)

STL
25th June 2008, 10:37 PM
They finally have it as a price I will buy it for! :)

I think that was about the price Borgeman and I paid for it. Maybe less. It just surprises me so much though. Borgeman and I picked this up when they were trying to clear it for like $35 odd or something. And now they get it in again to offload something they know didn't sell well the 1st time? Even in sales?

Borgeman
25th June 2008, 11:32 PM
I think that was about the price Borgeman and I paid for it. Maybe less. It just surprises me so much though. Borgeman and I picked this up when they were trying to clear it for like $35 odd or something. And now they get it in again to offload something they know didn't sell well the 1st time? Even in sales?

yeah this is true, they did have them on clearance, though when i got them, they werent yet marked down - i think they had dropped the price before letting any staff know/before they were meant to, especially when i saw the surprise on the layby ppl after triple checking the price :)

George

jaydisc
26th June 2008, 08:22 AM
The preview is supposed to be online today! Can anyone find it?

sifun
26th June 2008, 08:27 AM
Page 22 has some transformers, a few exclusives such as the starscream and two deluxes movie pack, 08 bee and prime pack.
No prices however

jaydisc
26th June 2008, 09:22 AM
Link?

sifun
26th June 2008, 09:46 AM
http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/20080703_Toy/small.asp?Keyword=&PageNumber=22

yaay for linking working again.

sifun
26th June 2008, 09:47 AM
man you should totally print that out and put your own prices in and price match else where :D wouldn't mind that two pack for 20 bucks hey? ;)

Pulse
26th June 2008, 10:09 AM
Why o Why can't the Classics 2.0 figures be a part of these sales? :(

The_Damned
26th June 2008, 01:56 PM
han chewie $35
at at $50
2 pack animated prime and megs $38
3 pack movie $70 something

sorry thats all i can remember.

Robzy
26th June 2008, 02:31 PM
man you should totally print that out and put your own prices in and price match else where :D wouldn't mind that two pack for 20 bucks hey? ;):D

llamatron
26th June 2008, 07:54 PM
at at $50
sorry thats all i can remember.

...what TF is this?

jaydisc
26th June 2008, 07:56 PM
...what TF is this?

I don't know WTF it is either :D

iceburn
26th June 2008, 08:22 PM
i think its an AT-AT but at $50? is it Lego or Transformer Starwars?

The_Damned
26th June 2008, 09:19 PM
i think its an AT-AT but at $50? is it Lego or Transformer Starwars?

HAHA sry for the confusion i think you all need to take a long hard look at your geekyness if you didnt know what i meant.......:D

The All Terrain Armored Transport, or AT-AT walker, is a four-legged transport and combat vehicle used by the Imperial ground forces. ...

griffin
27th June 2008, 12:01 AM
So we have at the Kmart sale:

Star Wars TFs
-Han & Chewie
-Darth Vader / Death Star

Animated
-Optimus Vs Megatron 2 pack

Movie
-Ultimate Bumblebee with bonus figurine
-Starscream Vs Arcee & Optimus 3-pack
-Bumblebee & Optimus 2-pack
-Blasters (Ratchet or Bumblebee)

iceburn
27th June 2008, 06:23 AM
We should also be having:

Animated
- Prowl Deluxe
- Bumblebee Deluxe
- Prime Deluxe
- Lockdown Deluxe
- Starscream Voyager
- Megatron Voyager
- Bulkhead Voyager
- Ratchet Deluxe (recently spotted)
- Blackarachnia Deluxe (recently spotted)
- Prime Voyager (recently spotted)

Movie
- Barricade keychain
- Megatron keychain
- Warpath Scout (spotted by STL)
- Crosshairs Scout (spotted by STL)
- Storm Surge Scout (spotted by STL)

jaydisc
27th June 2008, 07:33 AM
I don't think they'll be on sale Ice. I combed through the catalog in hope of seeing a red badge which might be in anticipation of "All other action figures 20% off" but I don't think so. Lego looks to be 20% off though.

STL
27th June 2008, 07:39 AM
I don't think they'll be on sale Ice. I combed through the catalog in hope of seeing a red badge which might be in anticipation of "All other action figures 20% off" but I don't think so. Lego looks to be 20% off though.

+1!

That makes me very disappointed but I'm still holding out a thin sliver of hope for next Monday when the catalogue comes out.

iceburn
27th June 2008, 07:41 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i saw them (animated) in the sale section...
well, we'll see this coming wed/thurs...

i'm gonna get myself some spud - indi and whatever they have...

piratescratch
27th June 2008, 01:22 PM
Hey new guy here.

I was in Chadstone Shopping Centre earlier today and well it seems that the K-Mart there has already started the sale (sort of). They've started to set up. When you first walk in, to your left they've already got a lot of the toys up for the big sale next week.

Lot's of Lego including the new awesome Coast Guard sets (ahem I picked up the helicopter set, first person to take one off the shelves, took one down when they were actually putting them on haha). As for Transformers, noticed only Animated Voyager class toys (Starscream, Bulkhead and Megatron), not a fan of the movie or crossover Star Wars line so didn't pay much attention to them.

As for price, no idea. Hardly any of the toys in the new section had any price tags. The Lego Coast Gaurd helicopter set set me back $60 though.

jaydisc
27th June 2008, 03:55 PM
+1!

That makes me very disappointed but I'm still holding out a thin sliver of hope for next Monday when the catalogue comes out.

I thought I confirmed this here, but it must be in another thread, but the only TF stuff on sale is the stuff in the catalogue.

jaydisc
29th June 2008, 07:14 PM
The version of the catalog with prices has been posted. No surprises.

griffin
29th June 2008, 07:48 PM
For the Prices:
http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/20080703/large.asp?Keyword=&PageNumber=22

Star Wars TFs
-Darth Vader / Death Star ($49, save $50)

Animated

Movie
-Ultimate Bumblebee with bonus figurine ($80, save $70)
-Starscream Vs Arcee & Optimus 3-pack ($75, save $55)
-Bumblebee & Optimus 2-pack ($64, save $25)
-Blasters (Ratchet or Bumblebee) ($30, save $20)

***No rainchecks on any of them.

Plus, the Transfomers Movie game on PS2 ($24, save $26) is also included, on page 53.

iceburn
29th June 2008, 08:01 PM
For the Prices:
http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/20080703/large.asp?Keyword=&PageNumber=22

Star Wars TFs

Animated

Just a note that i saw these 2 over last week and on the weekend @ BIGW
They are already scanning and showing up at $37 and $40 respectively, so its just $1-$2 difference for Kmart

Borgeman
29th June 2008, 08:59 PM
saw that movie 3-pack, and feck me is the box big..... its absurd :/

George

jaydisc
30th June 2008, 01:50 PM
What's a raincheck? In Kmart terms?

Zippo
30th June 2008, 06:17 PM
Just found the NZ version, and as always its a big failure for Transformers, though assuming that stock arrives at my local store - first chance to get the SWTF Death Star

TF76
30th June 2008, 10:15 PM
Also not sure if it was mentioned in the Kmart catalogue

Transformers Animated DVD 15.99
RC car including Camero Concept 13.49

griffin
1st July 2008, 12:38 AM
Just to quote Kmart's own fine print on its 'low price guarantee'

'If you find a cheaper price on the same product in stock at another store, when you buy it from us, we'll match the price & give you 10% of the difference.'

So yeah, if your Kmart has something that the BigW catalogue covers, make sure you take it along to get it for less than BigW's price.

griffin
1st July 2008, 12:43 AM
What's a raincheck? In Kmart terms?

A raincheck is to reserve an item at the sale price when they restock, if they run out of stock during the sale. If it says 'no rainchecks' it means that the sale price is only applicable to items currently in store.
Rainchecks are usually applied to large size items that stores don't carry many units of, or on items with small discounts. Heavily discounted items, or one-off shipments (like each wave of toys) rarely have the raincheck option to them.

Demonac
1st July 2008, 08:34 AM
Just to quote Kmart's own fine print on its 'low price guarantee'

'If you find a cheaper price on the same product in stock at another store, when you buy it from us, we'll match the price & give you 10% of the difference.'

So yeah, if your Kmart has something that the BigW catalogue covers, make sure you take it along to get it for less than BigW's price.

One step ahead of you...
I got K-mart to price match & beat by 10% the Death Star.
So if you want an even cheaper Death Star, you have 2 days left :P

Pulse
1st July 2008, 09:37 PM
I had an interesting day today. :)

I was in my local K-Mart & the 16 year olds had a big pile of sealed TF boxes that they were opening & putting on the shelves. So, I happened to walk over to the sealed TF boxes & began searching for any marked "Universe" :D.

Anyway, One of the 16 year olds came over & basically told me off. :D

I never did find any "Universe" boxes in the pile & she acted dumb when I asked her if she'd heard of the upcoming line :rolleyes:.

STL
1st July 2008, 10:52 PM
I had an interesting day today. :)

I was in my local K-Mart & the 16 year olds had a big pile of sealed TF boxes that they were opening & putting on the shelves. So, I happened to walk over to the sealed TF boxes & began searching for any marked "Universe" :D.

Anyway, One of the 16 year olds came over & basically told me off. :D

I never did find any "Universe" boxes in the pile & she acted dumb when I asked her if she'd heard of the upcoming line :rolleyes:.

Man, you just give 'em a friendly casual smile and then ask them. No DiY even required and u can boost ur ego in the process.

Pulse
1st July 2008, 11:02 PM
Man, you just give 'em a friendly casual smile and then ask them. No DiY even required and u can boost ur ego in the process.

I couldn't help myself :o (I think this digging/searching thing that we do must be in our blood - being that were TF people & that :D)

jaydisc
2nd July 2008, 08:00 AM
I look around in the racks of boxes any time I see them. I've even went and grabbed staff and had them open boxes when I've found something I've wanted.

Kyle
2nd July 2008, 08:10 AM
Same here Jay, but I found the item I wanted only one time. It was in the bottom box under a big pile. Asked a staff and he was like sure no problem and joked that I didn't make it easy. :p

JuzMel
2nd July 2008, 08:34 AM
Deluxes as in Animated deluxes ?
woohoo animated in Kmart before the sale :D
Hehe yes, quite a lot of animated deluxes and also voyagers and the staff were just moving things around and getting them out from the boxes. Let's hope they bring heaps out for the sale..

DigDug
2nd July 2008, 12:46 PM
LOL - the sale started for me today already....

I had Kmart price match the Millennium Falcon kit this morning, I bowled up about 11 am with the Big W catalog in hand and showed them the cheaper price of $36.62. As the sale was being processed I realised the sale starts tomorrow but the clerk didn't even bother to ring Big W.... who still had it on the shelf as $48 :D

I could have price matched the Darth Star too - it was $99 at Kmart but Big W already had them marked at $46. That would force Kmart to sell them for about $41 :):):) (not purchased as I already have one but get there today if you don't) Shopping a day early really helped beat the sale crowds too!

Burn
3rd July 2008, 08:18 AM
Well I went in at 8am this morning with the hope that there would be SOME sale for the Animated figures not in the catalogue.

20% off! :D

So I actually came close to clearing them out, they didn't have much stock. Tossed the Voyager Prime, Starscream, Bulkhead & Megatron plus Deluxe Prime, Bumblebee and Prowl all onto lay-buy. Wasn't much left on the shelf after that.

Also tossed onto Christmas lay-buy a Caterpillar Jr. 4-pack for my nephew and a RC Car and buggy for myself.

More than likely i'll go back this afternoon and snare the SWTF Death Star.

griffin
3rd July 2008, 08:42 AM
Does that mean the Animated toys are also on sale for 20% off, but just not included in the catalogue?

Burn
3rd July 2008, 08:53 AM
Yep! Both Voyagers and Deluxes scanned up at 20% off for me.

STL
3rd July 2008, 09:27 AM
It appears that all Transformers action figures scanned up at 20% off last night.

iceburn
3rd July 2008, 09:28 AM
Does that mean the Animated toys are also on sale for 20% off, but just not included in the catalogue?'

yes double confirmed as i was in early at Kmart Burwood East before 9pm yesterday.

Deluxes - $21.45 (after 20% off)
Voyagers - $36.xx (after 20% off)
Keychains - $7.99 (after 20% off)
Universe Legends - $5.99 (not sure if its after 20% off)

Most toys are also 20% off....

STL
3rd July 2008, 09:39 AM
We should also add that K-Mart seemed to have price matched and beaten BigW's Animated 2 pack of their own accord. THe instore price was $31.99

Burn
3rd July 2008, 09:53 AM

Oh the joys of living in a regional area.

$21.59 for me. .14c fuel surcharge no doubt!

Paulbot
3rd July 2008, 12:33 PM
I thought I confirmed this here, but it must be in another thread, but the only TF stuff on sale is the stuff in the catalogue.

'

yes double confirmed as i was in early at Kmart Burwood East before 9pm yesterday.

Voyagers - $36.xx (after 20% off)
Keychains - $7.99 (after 20% off)
Universe Legends - $5.99 (not sure if its after 20% off)

Most toys are also 20% off....

So Jay.... only the TF stuff in the catalogue is for sale? So me who didn't want to go hunting for the dregs of the Movie line missed out on some cheap Animated toys?? :mad:

jaydisc
3rd July 2008, 12:57 PM
Yes Paul. So sorry for my previous bad advice, but it was from a reliable source. There were large signs saying that all TF and SW was 20% off!

griffin
3rd July 2008, 01:24 PM
Yep, 20% off all TFs at Kmart until 9th July.
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1494

Gutsman Heavy
3rd July 2008, 01:36 PM
I managed to get Warpath and Storm surge for $10.39 due to a price error that marked them as the Allspark legends battle pack. Crosshairs was at regular sout price $13.59 after discount.

Paulbot
3rd July 2008, 02:46 PM
There's no emoticon for how p!$$ed off i am at missing out on cheap Animated stuff, not at members really just the crappy circumstances of my life. Although I would have asked people to look out for the Animated stuff I'm missing if I thought there was a chance they'd be on special. :(

sifun
3rd July 2008, 03:57 PM
I am sad too paul, Wahhhh :( we can be in the same boat together

kurdt_the_goat
3rd July 2008, 04:30 PM
Well, it's a long shot, but i'm gonna try taking a printout of the receipt to a few kmarts tonight and see how that goes!

darockk
3rd July 2008, 04:48 PM
i saw some triple packs that had purple arcee, voyager prime and starscream in it, think it was $74.99. not bad.

Kyle
3rd July 2008, 05:11 PM
Well, it's a long shot, but i'm gonna try taking a printout of the receipt to a few kmarts tonight and see how that goes!

Wish you have better luck then I had in the morning. :D

Golden Phoenix
3rd July 2008, 05:19 PM
I managed to get Warpath and Storm surge for $10.39 due to a price error that marked them as the Allspark legends battle pack. Crosshairs was at regular sout price $13.59 after discount.
lcz had the same thing last night. It was a nice little surprise.
Another K-Mart stuff up

JuzMel
3rd July 2008, 09:26 PM
For those in VIC, Kmart Burwood still has quite alot of Animated deluxes and voyagers at the price iceburn saw. Go grab then before they totally run out. I managed to get them to price match my deluxes to $18.80 too. OH yah and I saw a couple of Legends class Universe figures too.

kurdt_the_goat
3rd July 2008, 09:33 PM
First of all, thank you very much Melbournians and especially Borgeman!

http://australian-postcodes.com/success.jpg
http://australian-postcodes.com/proof.jpg (http://australian-postcodes.com/proof-high.JPG)
Click for higher res (http://australian-postcodes.com/proof-high.JPG)

So i didn't have any BigW brochure at all, just the printout of Borgeman's receipt. Told the chick at service desk my mate had got K-Mart to price match as seen in the printout. Things didn't look good, she spent a good 15 mins on the phone to the BigW in the same center... then finally returned and said they only had the 2 pack on sale. So in my most polite, innocent voice i suggest 'Isn't there anything you can do, the product number is the same, and it is definitely K-Mart!'. So she calls the manager and lo and behold, without any convincing he just says "Match it!!!" So she rings it up, and just as she's about to say $23.73 please, boom the 20% kicks in too :)

Your mileage may vary!

STL
3rd July 2008, 09:47 PM

Holey baloney! Need to go back.

*Sets alarm clock*

STL
3rd July 2008, 09:49 PM
It gives me such an adrenaline rush I almost want to go back and try it again! But problem is, I don't really need anything anymore :( :rolleyes: :D

sifun
3rd July 2008, 11:05 PM
do it for me STL!!! I'll even let you buy my premium jazz if you can help me out :D

STL
3rd July 2008, 11:12 PM
do it for me STL!!! I'll even let you buy my premium jazz if you can help me out :D

I'll give it another crack tmrw. Of course, u must lub me long time. (i am very low on cash tho so i might be able to grab one voyager at most cos i also need to worry about Classics Liokaiser)

sifun
3rd July 2008, 11:22 PM
i can pay you instantly in cash always in the city

Robzy
4th July 2008, 12:28 AM
While I'm very happy for you guys, I'm also EXTREMELY jealous!!! :D

Borgeman
4th July 2008, 01:03 AM

haha no worries dude, just glad that you pulled it off :D
now you can come join in our celebratory super cheap toy opening ;)

George

Kyle
4th July 2008, 06:42 AM

http://australian-postcodes.com/success.jpg
http://australian-postcodes.com/proof.jpg (http://australian-postcodes.com/proof-high.JPG)
Click for higher res (http://australian-postcodes.com/proof-high.JPG)

So i didn't have any BigW brochure at all, just the printout of Borgeman's receipt. Told the chick at service desk my mate had got K-Mart to price match as seen in the printout. Things didn't look good, she spent a good 15 mins on the phone to the BigW in the same center... then finally returned and said they only had the 2 pack on sale. So in my most polite, innocent voice i suggest 'Isn't there anything you can do, the product number is the same, and it is definitely K-Mart!'. So she calls the manager and lo and behold, without any convincing he just says "Match it!!!" So she rings it up, and just as she's about to say $23.73 please, boom the 20% kicks in too :)

Your mileage may vary!

Congrat!!! You planned well bringing the scan and had much better luck than me. :D

Voyager Prime is such a good toy. It has taken my 2-pack Prime's axe now. :p

hanprimus
4th July 2008, 01:55 PM
For those in VIC, Kmart Burwood still has quite alot of Animated deluxes and voyagers at the price iceburn saw. Go grab then before they totally run out. I managed to get them to price match my deluxes to $18.80 too. OH yah and I saw a couple of Legends class Universe figures too.

Thanks! Definitely will go tonight and grab my first Animated!! :p

Robzy
4th July 2008, 03:40 PM
Voyager Prime is such a good toy.+1
I think it's the best one I have so far!!

It has taken my 2-pack Prime's axe now. :p This is probably the only thing that may tempt me to buy the 2-pack :D

autobreadticon
4th July 2008, 03:52 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Borgeman you own man!! got all four voyagers , thanks to your printout.

but i couldnt get the deluxes to go below $18.. i need another receipt for proof, the dirty stares behind me were so worth the wait

iceburn
4th July 2008, 04:02 PM
we didnt get the deluxes below $18. the most we got it was $18.40

Zippo
4th July 2008, 08:10 PM
No wonder NZers move over to Australia. So many good sales and then price matching to boot. If only NZ Kmartd actually stocked items

jaydisc
4th July 2008, 08:20 PM
Wow! I can't believe the printout worked! That's awesome! Congrats all!

Paulbot
15th July 2008, 08:54 PM
There was a public notice in today's Herald-Sun from K-Mart apologising that because of "unprecedented demand" the $70 Ultimate Bumblebee has sold out.

A bit odd since the sale is almost over, but could it really be unprecedented? They sold out pretty quickly last time they had Ult Bumblebee on sale.

STL
15th July 2008, 09:44 PM
There was a public notice in today's Herald-Sun from K-Mart apologising that because of "unprecedented demand" the $70 Ultimate Bumblebee has sold out.

A bit odd since the sale is almost over, but could it really be unprecedented? They sold out pretty quickly last time they had Ult Bumblebee on sale.

I don't mind, still a good publicity stunt for K-Mart and the TF brand. I wonder if ppl know that BigW have them as well as Myer and Target? :rolleyes:

Burn
16th July 2008, 05:39 AM
I went into K-Mart in the morning when the sale first started and they had a few Ult BB's, when I went back in the afternoon they were all gone. So it's highly possible that they're not crapping on.

i_amtrunks
16th July 2008, 11:12 AM
Bet TRU wish they could sell out of their stock as quickly! :D

There were only a few Ult Bee's left at my local store on the Saturday after the sale started.

GoktimusPrime
16th July 2008, 11:36 AM
Zippo: yeah but NZ seems to have a more thriving Transformer Cosplay culture. That's one thing that we lack here. :(

kurdt_the_goat
16th July 2008, 12:42 PM
I think Geminii was telling me at Nexus part of his grand scheme to design a cosplay transforming Metroplex! All hope is not lost Goktimus!