PDA

View Full Version : Bumblebee rolls out in Melbourne

Paulbot
12th June 2008, 11:40 AM
I wish I could say i was involved in the naming of this tram, but I can only report it:

www.yarratrams.com.au/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-39/44_read-1455/

i_amtrunks
12th June 2008, 11:46 AM
Thats cool!

Wish they would bring back the trams in Sydney, we really need them.

iceburn
12th June 2008, 11:54 AM
I wish I could say i was involved in the naming of this tram, but I can only report it:

nice find Paul...haha Bumblebee...finally something associated with Transformers

sifun
12th June 2008, 11:58 AM
btw I hate yarra trams.

TheDirtyDigger
12th June 2008, 12:40 PM
“We invited Victorians to come up with innovative names for the new trams, in order to give these French vehicles a uniquely Australian twist,” Ms Kosky said.
“The new tram will be named Bumblebee 1, with the other trams named up to Bumblebee 5."

Yeah good one Kosky you communist cow.
Bumblebee 1 to 5???
Uniquely Australian and some originality thrown in to boot.

God I hope there's an election soon.

Robzy
12th June 2008, 01:01 PM
"Astrotrain" would've been better! ;)

Pulse
12th June 2008, 02:18 PM
How cool would it be if there were 6 of them & they could have named them Kaen, Getsuei, Seizan, Shouki, Suiken & Yukikaze - ultimately combining into the gestalt Raiden :D.

Only then can I pull my head out from the clouds... :p

i_amtrunks
12th June 2008, 03:12 PM
How cool would it be if there were 6 of them & they could have named them Kaen, Getsuei, Seizan, Shouki, Suiken & Yukikaze - ultimately combining into the gestalt Raiden :D.

Only then can I pull my head out from the clouds... :p

Oh yes, you picked the Pulse, the most Aussie of Aussie names! :p

Personally, I would have thought the names Shazza, Dazza, Stevo, Benny (and because it's Vic) Shane would have been the top picks! :D

STL
12th June 2008, 03:56 PM
Not exactly ingenious naming, eh?

dirge
12th June 2008, 09:54 PM
Wish they would bring back the trams in Sydney, we really need them.

Quit yer whinging. For $48.50 you can get a tram one way from Central to Lilyfield. Or for the bargain price of $15.50 you can take the short trip from Central to Paddy's Market in Haymarket. Which takes longer than it does to walk the same route.

As cr4p as the name "Bumblebee" may be for a tram, at least Victorians are comfortable with calling them trams. Last time I check, "SLR" was a type of camera, not a tram.

Mind you, we also have trains named after a Muppet who lives in a rubbish bin (www.cityrail.info/aboutus/trains/h_control.jsp).

Would be awesome!

Not that those names are terribly Australian. Especially not Yukikaze, which is Japanese for Blizzard, not the most common weather phenomenon in Melbourne.

TheDirtyDigger
13th June 2008, 06:36 AM
Is it at all possible the State Government of Victoria is infringing upon Hasbro's trademark here?

i_amtrunks
13th June 2008, 09:54 AM
Is it at all possible the State Government of Victoria is infringing upon Hasbro's trademark here?

My knowledge of trademark and Copyright laws are slowly diminishing, but I'm fairly certain that since they aren't selling anything (as in the trams) nor are the trams in the likeness of any Hasbro owned property, then no.

Golden Phoenix
17th June 2008, 11:48 AM
I saw the tram the other day. I was hoping for a ride to check it out, but it was not in service, being used for training.
It does certainly stand out in the streets.

Paulbot
17th June 2008, 12:00 PM
I've not seen it in person yet, but I know it's out there... scanning for the AllSpark :)

turtle boy
17th June 2008, 12:45 PM
Last time I check, "SLR" was a type of camera, not a tram.

Last time I checked is was a car you know the classic SLR 5000

Vector Sigma 13
17th June 2008, 08:46 PM
Adelaide needs some new trams that dont break down- would these be suitable? lol

sifun
18th June 2008, 10:39 AM
Melbourne need trams that come ON TIME.

TheDirtyDigger
18th June 2008, 11:26 AM
Last time I checked is was a car you know the classic SLR 5000

Last time I checked SLR was a gun.

Melbourne need trams that come ON TIME.

And trams that discriminate against people that smell like urine by not allowing them on.

At least these are actually NEW trams. Not like the trains that the State Labour Govt. tried to pass off as new a few years back by refitting the interiors.

EDIT: Just read that Bumble Bee (two words) and his quintuplet brothers will only be doing the number 96 Route to St.Kilda beach until 2011.
Wow what a big difference that will make [/sarcasm]