PDA

View Full Version : What is/was your main source of vintage toys?

GoktimusPrime
22nd April 2012, 10:13 AM
Considering that the old poll (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=6532) is over 2 years old now, I felt it might be time for a new one - now with retail option! :D I've been careful in explicitly stating vintage toys in the thread title to avoid confusion - so we're only talking about toys that are no longer currently available in retail stores. Let's say that they haven't been available for the past 5 years - so anything that predates 2007 can count as "vintage" for the purposes of this thread. :)

Did you buy them when they were current from retail stores, or did/do you buy them when they were no longer available from another source? You all know my choice - retail all the way baby! :D

Doubledealer
22nd April 2012, 12:43 PM
Only pre-2007 stuff I've got is G1. Like so many, I had to spend countless hours on eBay sniping auctions to get my childhood toys back at a somewhat justifiable price. I haven't bought any G1 for AGES as I've hit a financial brick wall (he's called Monstructor).

LordCyrusOmega
22nd April 2012, 01:17 PM
Only from online sources and that's only here. Been burnt once to often from other sources but I trust the sellers on here.

The_Damned
25th April 2012, 08:59 PM
lately i have only really been buying older stuff from board members.

KalEl
25th April 2012, 09:10 PM
Ebay, robot kingdom when/if they have any, board members here and tfw.

Slag
29th April 2012, 07:18 PM
Only from online sources and that's only here. Been burnt once to often from other sources but I trust the sellers on here.

i'm starting to feel that way inclined.. least from here you know who your dealing with .. other enthusiasts .. come across too many scammers on ebay these days.

SkyWarp91
29th April 2012, 10:12 PM
Bigbadtoystore, my oxygen!

liegeprime
29th April 2012, 10:58 PM
well it's been mostly online shops nowadays, not that Ive been buying anything vintage :p of late.... used to be i get a lot from the fair's mainly but since completing US release G1 save for 1 figure (Overlord, sigh) I really haven't been buying TF but rather filling up my other toy interests - MOTU, DCU so it's online stores for me (includes ebay)