PDA

View Full Version : TFCC Subscriptions

fatbot
29th April 2012, 08:02 AM
It appears that TFCC have copied Mattycollector with their own subs,

The figures look great, the only downside?

Scourge is part of it.

link :http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-collectors-club-figure-subscription-service-announced-now-with-pics/24708/

Sky Shadow
29th April 2012, 08:21 AM
This is a good idea. However, Mattycollector charges me $9.95 for international shipping. Unfortunately, unless they've turned over a new leaf, we know TFCC is going to screw us over by charging us ten times that. Circuit and Ultra Mammoth are the two that tempt me the most. Because I have childhood nostalgia for Circuit (and his wave-mate, obviously) and I love the irony of a toy called Ultra Ma...something who comes with a Matrix that doesn't open.

fatbot
29th April 2012, 08:57 AM
This is a good idea. However, Mattycollector charges me $9.95 for international shipping. Unfortunately, unless they've turned over a new leaf, we know TFCC is going to screw us over by charging us ten times that.

I've been thinking about that. The best thing we might do is have 1 or 2 group subs per state to cut down on the bullshit shipping TFCC charge.

The other option may be to get an American address and have everything shipped there, then forwarded on. Usa2me provides this service.

When 5 or 6 people join either option, the postal charges become more reasonable.

Hursticon
29th April 2012, 12:06 PM
FunPub's TFCC Subscription Service is an excellent idea, as it would seem that they're aiming for 3-4 figures a month 'or so' and are pulling from all eras; The fact that sucks is though is that FunPub is at the helm and the likely International unfriendliness that'll ensue. :o

Interestingly though, they're looking to produce figures to order rather than simply ball-parking a figure and hoping for the best. :eek::)

That Pre-Beast Wars Depth Charge though has me reeling as I've been looking for a good excuse to pick up that mold, as with that G1 Classicsverse Breakdown; Ultra-Mammoth doesn't phase me much as there is only 1 Big Convoy! :D

kup
29th April 2012, 12:10 PM
There is only one subscription figure that I would be interested in and that's Breakdown. I am not sure if buying a sub would be worth it for just one. Hopefully he will be available to re-sellers and ebay.

griffin
29th April 2012, 12:32 PM
They do plan to make a few extras of each, to sell off individually to members who want just a particular figure, or a spare... the subscription concept is just there to guarantee it for you (if you sign up for the series).

kup
29th April 2012, 02:19 PM
They do plan to make a few extras of each, to sell off individually to members who want just a particular figure, or a spare... the subscription concept is just there to guarantee it for you (if you sign up for the series).

Did they say anything about making the whole thing friendlier to overseas members?

Hursticon
29th April 2012, 02:31 PM
Did they say anything about making the whole thing friendlier to overseas members?

From what I've read, the closest they came was to say they were still looking into the shipping side of things so... *fingers-crossed? :o

Zippo
29th April 2012, 04:17 PM
Well, interesting idea .. but a subscrption that includes bots you may not like.

Interested in Breakdown and Scourge, maybe Slipstream and Ultra Mammoth (fantastic name). Easy pass on the others.

Still going to go after these via other methods rather than join directly.

KalEl
29th April 2012, 05:24 PM
quite interested in getting these figures :)

Quickstrike
29th April 2012, 06:36 PM
From what I've read, the closest they came was to say they were still looking into the shipping side of things so... *fingers-crossed? :o

They have to change it. If they stick with the current price and you want all 6 figures you'd have to pay $300 just for shipping!

Also, uhhh, if anyone wants to share a subscription I'd be in for Slipstream and Circuit. :D Maaaaaybe Ultra Mammoth. So if anyone wants the others....

Sarquiss
29th April 2012, 09:18 PM
They can't be worse than DigitalRiver can they?? CAN THEY????

*Cough*

Only interested in Breakdown and Scourge but not sure if it is worth the subscription. Hopefully, this will mean that we get some better figures down the track through......

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th April 2012, 12:24 AM
They can't be worse than DigitalRiver can they?? CAN THEY????
Ha! I think thats the only thing going for them. But being better than DR is acheivable with little effort.