PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Hall of Fame Fan Vote Winner: Wheeljack

Hursticon
29th April 2012, 11:55 AM
Courtesy of TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/wheeljack-wins-transformers-hall-of-fame-174948/), Wheeljack won the 2012 Hall of Fame Fan Inductee vote...

Ode to a Grasshopper
29th April 2012, 12:18 PM
That's...kinda surprising. Not that WJs a bad choice, but it really seemed like BW Megs had it in the bag.

kup
29th April 2012, 12:20 PM
Beast Wars Megatron should have won.

Hursticon
29th April 2012, 12:54 PM
I'm greatly disappointed for David Kaye, this was supposed to be his night and that's all I'll be saying on the matter. :mad:

Robzy
29th April 2012, 02:14 PM
Cool! I love Wheeljack, so I'm happy!! :)

optimus1
30th April 2012, 01:27 AM
I like Wheeljack, but I would have preferred Arcee or Rodimus....

Sky Shadow
30th April 2012, 01:48 AM
Beast Wars Megatron should have won.

Whoever got the most votes should have won. Unless there's something dodgy going on, I'm going to assume that was Wheeljack.

griffin
30th April 2012, 09:12 AM
It would be easy for someone or a forum to rig the result (just look at that whole Erector mess last year, or the 2007 competition to get a line in the Movie being hijacked by a non-TFs community). I don't see a reason why anyone at Hasbro would rig the results, because the result is meaningless to their brand's direction or publicity.
They choose most of the characters anyway, so I doubt that they would interfere with the one "olive branch" they have given us fans (in terms of having a say in some way).

Judging by the responses here and at the HOF Dinner, I go back to my first comment, about someone interfering. Arcee and Megatron sounded like the more popular choices, but the vocal responses at the dinner, and the amount of votes they got over Wheeljack in the nominations round.

5FDP
30th April 2012, 10:34 AM
I gotta be honest, I didn't see that one coming. Great iconic character though especially considering he was the first to make an onscreen appearance in the G1 cartoon.

Robzy
30th April 2012, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I agree... the first ever TF on screen and he was voiced by Chris Latta (who was posthumously inducted into the BotCon 2012 Hall of Fame).

Very fitting imo! :)

Hursticon
30th April 2012, 01:34 PM
In all honesty I'm just a little disappointed that the award went to a G1 character where the hall is an already G1 heavy roster; in the end though the votes tallied to Wheeljack's favour and hence the rest is history, Chris Latta's Induction & being the 1st on-screen Transformer might've had something to do with it though. ;)

Robzy
30th April 2012, 01:39 PM
To be fair, G1 is what started it all. Without it, none of us would be here. So I have no problem with G1 characters being heavily represented in the HOF. As a continuity, it's more than paid its dues.

UltraMarginal
30th April 2012, 01:42 PM
it's the first year that my vote won.

Gutsman Heavy
30th April 2012, 05:43 PM
I was really hoping for ol' Barney. Good to see the recent Wheeljack love continue though.

i_amtrunks
30th April 2012, 07:38 PM
Having a Wheeljack named character in the recent series (Prime) and in the last movie (at least for along time he was referred to as Wheeljack) probably didn't hurt his already fairly high popularity.

Not a bad character to have inducted, wouldn't have been my first choice personally, but far better than a joke inductee or a nuffie character getting in due to a small but devoted section of the fanbase!

Prowl
30th April 2012, 10:33 PM
Cool! I love Wheeljack, so I'm happy!! :)

Could not agree more. Wheeljack is one of my very favourite Transformers characters.