PDA

View Full Version : Dotm Que

swoop
5th May 2012, 06:36 AM
Robot kingdom have them up for pre-order with a release of the end of May. People better hurry because I doubt they'll last as long as the restock of first edition bulkhead
que (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=287382845&lang=us&CatID=41)

M-bot
5th May 2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered several - we'll see how that goes... ;):)

Paulbot
5th May 2012, 11:58 AM
Looks like that'd be the release mentioned on Seibertron yesterday (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/upcoming-transformers-prime-first-edition-and-movie-all-star-asian-releases/24764/)

Now to find a listing for the rerelease of TF:Prime FE toys so I can get a FE Vehicon.

Seraphim Prime
5th May 2012, 11:25 PM
Anyone keen for a group order?

iceburn
6th May 2012, 06:00 AM
This lot is the Hasbro version and don't you think the price is abit way off, as compared to the Takara version?

griffin
6th May 2012, 07:40 AM
You mean the scalper pricing by RK? Price seems normal by their standards... :(

Paulbot
6th May 2012, 08:44 AM
The Seibertron article did say they'd be released at a higher price point though (despite some extra mark up)

iceburn
6th May 2012, 05:38 PM
You mean the scalper pricing by RK? Price seems normal by their standards... :(

Not too sure if it's a scalper price but it's making me think twice and slapping myself for not picking one up in HongKong the last time round. :(

reillyd
7th May 2012, 12:47 PM
If anyone is interested, I have set up a group order page for these
(see this link (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=299410#post299410))

I've ordered a full case of eight. While I suspect these will go like lightning at Robotkingdom, my motives aren't for scalping. I just needed enough in my order to kick it up to earning shadow microns. I'd much rather not have the hassle of finding buyers for it, and its always good to share with board members than havin to sell on the 'bay

GoktimusPrime
8th May 2012, 11:27 PM
Not too sure if it's a scalper price but it's making me think twice and slapping myself for not picking one up in HongKong the last time round. :(
RRP is 2730JPY = AU$33.70, so 34.90USD (AU$34.40) isn't too bad. :)

griffin
9th May 2012, 08:59 AM
That's probably the only benefit of our over-inflated prices here - it makes it easier for us to accept those sort of prices, that are only a small amount over what we pay.... but if we had American pricing ($13 Deluxes), I think we'd be a lot more critical/selective as the Americans are, who see that as almost 3 times the price that that sized figure should be.

It may well be that the special run had a higher wholesale price, but seeing how RK usually double (or more) the price of high-demand items, I wouldn't be surprised to see them for less somewhere, after the release date. (but who's going to risk missing out again by not jumping on it now)

GoktimusPrime
9th May 2012, 01:24 PM
That's probably the only benefit of our over-inflated prices here - it makes it easier for us to accept those sort of prices, that are only a small amount over what we pay.... but if we had American pricing ($13 Deluxes), I think we'd be a lot more critical/selective as the Americans are, who see that as almost 3 times the price that that sized figure should be

But this toy was never released in the US. AFAIK it's only been released by TakaraTOMY and their set RRP is 2730JPY which converts to 34.22USD. And yeah, as you said, by Australian standards this price is only marginally above RRP. Australian RRP is about as much as I'm willing to pay for any toy that's not a special limited exclusive.

griffin
9th May 2012, 03:34 PM
That's correct, it wasn't in America.
But I said " that sized figure", not that particular figure... as the point of the $35 v $30 v $13 (RK v our price v American price), which is what people over there usually complain about (prices being significantly more than what they are used to).

iceburn
10th May 2012, 12:59 AM
Fair enough and indeed I have made my order for Que... :(
Poor wallet....