PDA

View Full Version : Classics Voyagers at Myer for cheap

Sam
13th June 2008, 02:41 PM
I know there's a Classics sightings thread, but in case anyone was after Classics, just wanted to let you know they are being sold for 20 bucks (Voyager class, e.g. Optimus Prime and Jetfire) at Myer.

This was for Myer Parramatta, but I think it may apply to all Myer stores.

iceburn
13th June 2008, 02:54 PM
boy u must be kidding, voyager classics reduced to $20??? :P

kup
13th June 2008, 02:56 PM
I still can't believe I imported my Jetfire!

Sam
13th June 2008, 03:04 PM
boy u must be kidding, voyager classics reduced to $20??? :P

I can't tell whether the ":p" means the comment is to be taken as a sarcastic one. :D

I got an Optimus Prime and a Jetfire. I have a friend who likes Transformers (a non-collector) so thought I'd give them to him.

I'm sure when you had it imported it made good sense - Jetfire was very hard to get before. None of us could have known they would have slashed the price by 60% months later...

Robzy
13th June 2008, 03:43 PM
Myer TTP has heaps of Primes and Jetfires too!

Pulse
13th June 2008, 03:47 PM

You Sap! :p

I can recall picking up my Skyfire from Target Castle Towers that January (He was waiting for me, you know :))

STL
13th June 2008, 03:53 PM
I need 4 Skyfires!!!

i_amtrunks
13th June 2008, 04:03 PM
Hrm I do need prime, and another Megatron and Jetfire would not hurt.

jaydisc
13th June 2008, 04:24 PM
I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iceburn
13th June 2008, 04:30 PM
the *wink* hey...

Gutsman Heavy
13th June 2008, 07:56 PM
Myer TTP has heaps of Primes and Jetfires too!

thank you. I'll grab a jetty after work :)

roller
13th June 2008, 08:23 PM
i might finally get optimus prime

if they drop it to $15 :)

kurdt_the_goat
13th June 2008, 10:15 PM
I checked Myer Perth today and they were labelled $49.95 with no sale stuff in sight, at least not yet...

STL
13th June 2008, 11:19 PM
I checked Myer Perth today and they were labelled $49.95 with no sale stuff in sight, at least not yet...

I called them up at about 5 to get a stock check and they confirmed that they did scan in at $20. The lady then told me they were in no shortage of Skyfires or Primes so I might not be in such a rush tmrw as my game tmrw is pretty far and i'm not sure there's a Myer on the way.

iceburn
13th June 2008, 11:46 PM

Kurdt!! there's no sign saying it's $19.95 but they are definitely on sale.
i've brought one to the cashier to scan and its correct but the packaging still has it at $49.95 (dont be deceived)

i've bought both Prime and Jetfire as spares and might attempt to refund my MISB ones with the old receipts.

Myer city is the place to hunt but not sure how long it will last.
There are about 20+ Optimus Prime and more than 10+ Jetfires available.
No Megatron in sight

kurdt_the_goat
14th June 2008, 12:00 AM
Ah, that's cool :) I wasn't actually looking for myself, my Henkei's will do!
There was only maybe 5 or 6 total. If anyone in Perth is looking for them i'd recommend the Morley Myer where i sighted about 40 last week!

Soundwarp
14th June 2008, 08:30 AM
Wow $20.....

I might start to customise again :D

Pulse
14th June 2008, 12:52 PM
Wow $20.....

I might start to customise again :D

Maybe you could repaint Skyfire into a classics version of Star Saber...

www.photobucket.com/albums/c278/Gryphman/c_starsaber2.jpg

www.photobucket.com/albums/c278/Gryphman/c_starsaber1.jpg

:)

Tommy K
14th June 2008, 01:00 PM
any mirages???

Soundwarp
14th June 2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah i saw 3 today at Toyworld.

The Voyagers at my MYER arestill $50

SilverDragon
14th June 2008, 01:40 PM
I knew the Mini-Cons I saw at K-Mart yesterday were a sign of something. :D

iceburn
14th June 2008, 02:34 PM
Soundwarp...you got to ask for a scan and they will say the sale price.
anyway, gone chaddy myer today... 5 jetfires and 7 optimus primes.

jaydisc
14th June 2008, 03:45 PM
Maroochydore has dozens and say there are only more in the back.

Firecracker
14th June 2008, 11:45 PM
Lots of Primes and Jetfires at Myer Carousel... but they still scanned in at $49.95. Is Myer's database national, or state by state?

jaydisc
15th June 2008, 08:59 AM
Weird. Should be national.

Firecracker
15th June 2008, 02:18 PM
Well, I'll probably check out some other Myer stores during the week. If no luck some of you nice 'Eastern Staters' will havta hook us Perth-ites up with some cheep Classics love. :p

iceburn
15th June 2008, 02:20 PM
FC..its best you let us know what you need quick as we are also unsure how fast these will sell out...

k.wong23
15th June 2008, 03:11 PM
Just picked up a Jetfire from Myer CBD Melbourne :)

Heaps of em left and yup they scan as $20 but no sale prices or tags anywhere:D

kurdt_the_goat
15th June 2008, 06:13 PM
I can confirm they're scanning at $19.95 at Morley Galleria Myer!

Robzy
15th June 2008, 07:50 PM
$20... Zat is das good price!

STL
15th June 2008, 11:12 PM
There was a shortage of them at Myer Doncaster yesterday. I actually remembered how close it was to me. I always seem to forget that it's right next to my place b/c Northland/Eastland/Greensborough are my shopping centres of choice and w/ the renovation there just ain't anything there.

Anyway, I picked up the remaining 3 Skyfires and 2 primes but then had to return 1 of each. When I came back, there were even less. Wonder how Northland's coping. Friday night I was told there were a lot there. If at the end of the sale there's still more and I have some loose cash, I might pick up a few more. :o

Golden Phoenix
16th June 2008, 12:10 AM
I went to pick up an Optimus Prime today from Myer in the CBD and the woman at the counter said only Jetfire was $20
I pointed out they should both be the same but she said she couldn't do anything about it.

Anyone else have this problem?

BTW: they had heaps. At least 20. About 10-14 primes

kurdt_the_goat
16th June 2008, 12:12 AM
When i price checked today at Myer in Morley, Perth, i took an Optimus Prime to the counter, and the woman was surprised to see it marked at the sale price.

iceburn
16th June 2008, 12:15 AM
GP, I didnt have problems. If you need to get a prime...I can meet you at lunchtime during weekdays (this week) with my receipt and we can go get a prime for you.

Just checked my receipt though, both have the same barcode...even the price barcode on both toy figures are the same. wonder why the lady said that to you.
I'll head down Myer and get one for you tomorrow if you want to?

STL
16th June 2008, 12:28 AM
The guy at Doncaster told me of the same problem. He was telling me first and I told him it was strange but he told me it'd been happening since early on in the week. I told him to scan Prime anyway and he was surprised to find that Prime's price had changed. he called over another staff member and they conferred and agreed that the problem must've been resolved. So yea, it looks like a problem across several stores.

iceburn
16th June 2008, 12:33 AM
very weird...but do you guys notice that the Robot Replicas are at $19.95 too.
i believe the classics are selling at this sale price because they have entered the wrong barcodes.... not 100% sure but i believe that's the case...

how much was the Prime and Meg RR at retail price???

i_amtrunks
16th June 2008, 10:02 AM
I went to pick up an Optimus Prime today from Myer in the CBD and the woman at the counter said only Jetfire was $20
I pointed out they should both be the same but she said she couldn't do anything about it.

Anyone else have this problem?

BTW: they had heaps. At least 20. About 10-14 primes

Had the exact same problem, I think they must have entered the Replicas barcode into the system incorrectly, as the lady at the counter I went to was confused how two products of the same size and line could be such different prices.

STL
16th June 2008, 10:15 AM
very weird...but do you guys notice that the Robot Replicas are at $19.95 too.
i believe the classics are selling at this sale price because they have entered the wrong barcodes.... not 100% sure but i believe that's the case...

how much was the Prime and Meg RR at retail price???

t was $46. And don't think it was a mistake cos when i first saw them on sale a few weeks back, there was a sign indicating that they were robot replicas at the sale price of $20.

iceburn
16th June 2008, 12:20 PM
the sale price in the city is not together with the shelf that the TFs are.
they have moved a bunch of 2pack Robot Replicas to the front (where the cashier is) and it shows $19.95. the staff i asked if there were more items on sale showed me those only. she was also surprised the classics were at sale price

TheDirtyDigger
16th June 2008, 12:32 PM
:( Wanted to sell my spare Classics Jetfire at Sandown for $30....

Firecracker
16th June 2008, 06:29 PM
Well I was able to grab Prime and Jetfire today at Myer Garden City (Perth)... However, they did not scan in at the reduced price. I asked the person at the counter to call the Morley store, where they were reduced and I was given them for that price. Many thanks to kurdt_the_goat for checking at Morley!

iceburn
19th June 2008, 08:21 PM
hey guys (esp Golden Pheonix)...

this is proof that Classic Prime is at $20.00...go print the picture and show it to your stores in other states

Golden Phoenix
19th June 2008, 09:55 PM
hey guys (esp Golden Pheonix)...

this is proof that Classic Prime is at $20.00...go print the picture and show it to your stores in other states

Awsome.
I'm gonna pick me up a Prime tomorrow after work.

STL
19th June 2008, 10:46 PM
Whoa, there seems to be a shortage of them.

Golden Phoenix
20th June 2008, 09:30 PM
I got one today from City Myer. Still plenty of them......

the_pie1986
21st June 2008, 12:22 PM
Plenty in the inner west of Sydney as well, no signs or stickers with the $19.95 price tag though only with the $49.95 stickers

Trailer Park Ninja
21st June 2008, 02:26 PM
Tons at Myer City store at Sydney Central. All Optimus Primes and Jetfires with no $19.95 sticker but think it would scan at that price.

Didn't try it though cause I don't need another figure. Would like to get my hands on a Classics Voyager Megatron though :(:(:( Every Myer in Sydney I've been to have so many stock of Jetfire and Optimus but no Megs :confused::confused::confused:

Paulbot
21st June 2008, 09:40 PM
All the ones in Myer Melbourne still had the full price stickers it was just the big sign saying $19.95

iceburn
22nd June 2008, 12:54 AM
Hey..what happened to my picture of the Classic Voyager sale in Myer?!?!?!?!?!?!

jaydisc
22nd June 2008, 01:02 AM
I noticed that one of my attachments (the Universe Springer pic in the Springer thread) evaporated as well

Pulse
22nd June 2008, 01:17 AM
Hey..what happened to my picture of the Classic Voyager sale in Myer?!?!?!?!?!?!

I noticed that one of my attachments (the Universe Springer pic in the Springer thread) evaporated as well

I'm pretty sure that was Griffin's doing for the greater good... :)

It took that long the first couple of attempts, but I'm getting faster at the backing-up and upload attempts now, so that it only takes about half an hour with each attempt.
Just as an update, I have to wait until monday to ask the server host if there is some admin setting preventing me from creating tables within the database.
After I found away around their upload size limit (by deleting half of the attachments file and then gzipping the backup copy), it won't accept it (after it spends 10-15minutes uploading it of course), or even a fresh instillation that would generate all new blank tables.
So lets see.... I signed up to the new server host wednesday, get blocked from accessing it thursday, can't upload the backup file friday because the board runs at 45Mb and the upload limit set by the server host is 10.5Mb, then today when I figure out a way around that, I find that a gzipped file of 7.5Mb isn't being accepted because (I think) the server host settings are preventing it.
It seems that every time I resolve one problem, another one appears, to stop me from doing what I want to do. Nothing ever seems to go according to plan.

Monday, I'm going to hand over the problem (and files) to the server host, and if they can't make the board work on their server either, I guess I go server hunting again. At least this one came with a money-back guarantee. Pity I can't get a 'time-back' guarantee... :)

iceburn
22nd June 2008, 01:18 AM
something's spooky...it's back on again and now there's 2 similar pics...
super weird

griffin
23rd June 2008, 01:42 PM
I deleted several attachments, but made copies of the most recent ones to repost once the board was relocated. I have returned half a dozen of those attachments already (ones that were posted in the last few days), and will return the rest as soon as the board is relocated.
Sorry about that. I was hoping that I would have the board relocated and pictures returned without anyone noticing.

iceburn
23rd June 2008, 01:57 PM
*giggles* ahh its okay.....if we know what happened :P
thought the board has gone wonky again

jaydisc
23rd June 2008, 02:39 PM
I guess that means the attachments are stored as binary data in the database? If so, that would greatly explain your 40MB database. Perhaps that "feature" should be disabled in future incarnations. People can use imageshack or flickr easily enough.

iceburn
23rd June 2008, 03:04 PM
+1