PDA

View Full Version : Possible Deluxe Class price rise in New Financial Year

griffin
10th May 2012, 02:08 PM
Something I noticed (which seems to have missed other people at BotCon who were too busy looking at the toys to notice the product info labels), is
that the Deluxe Class might be having a price rise in the new financial year. (or someone at Hasbro misprinted the labels)
They had an increase about 3 years ago from US$10 to US$13 (recommended, plus tax... most stores were selling them at US$12 though).
The new increase is an extra US$2, taking it up to US$15 (recommended, plus tax).
So sometime after the middle of the year, as restocks in America occur, retail prices could go up an extra $2.
What this means for us though, is an expected price rise of a comparable amount (AU$4) after the new financial year as well.
No other size classes appear to have an increase (according to the display case labels), but we'll have to wait and see... and hear the fan-rage on
the American forums when it happens.

A couple of photos from BotCon showing the price rise:
BEFORE NFY
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/bc12/h79.jpg

AFTER NFY
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/bc12/h76.jpg

If the price rise is true though, judging the amount of shafting we get on prices in Australia, this extra $4 is not likely to be absorbed... this is likely
to push up the Deluxe price point, possibly to the next nearest $5 mark.

If I can get a comment from Hasbro AUS on this, one way or the other, I'll post up a news topic on it. But for now, it's just an observation from BotCon.

griffin
10th May 2012, 02:16 PM
Okay, quick phonecall to Hasbro yielded expected results - they can't talk about their wholesale prices, and can't comment on the end Retailer prices... so we just have to wait until after July to see if we get a price increase, and by how much.

UltraMarginal
10th May 2012, 02:36 PM
Our retail prices have dropped here from 28-30 to about 24-25 in the last couple years. not counting TRU and other high priced stores.

maybe with our high dollar we might be excused. :rolleyes:

Golden Phoenix
10th May 2012, 09:19 PM
I don't think they could sell them over $30. They struggle to sell between $28-30. Just look at the stores that price them that way. They are usually the ones that have stock from ages ago. I think David Jones in Melbourne still have some ROTF figures.

I don't think any parent would pick up a deluxe figure for more than $30. If anything they would just pick up the smaller figures and keep the deluxes for the special events where they would normally buy Voyagers

GoktimusPrime
10th May 2012, 09:35 PM
Myers has often sold Deluxes for $35. :(

5FDP
11th May 2012, 12:28 PM
Would not buy deluxes for more than $30... simple as that.

SharkyMcShark
11th May 2012, 01:03 PM
Would not buy the current small underdeveloped deluxes for more than $20.

Wheeljack was the last one I bought in stores and I regretted that even for 'only' $24.

Doubledealer
12th May 2012, 02:00 PM
The feeling of guilt is bad enough when paying $25-28, sometimes so much that it hinders my enjoyment of the figure.

Aren't the current prices outrageous enough? But they might consider gouging us even more?? I was looking at those Bot Shots the other day...8 freaking clams for THAT?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4MGLohYTSXA/T3870oIs0oI/AAAAAAAABfs/Fs6Qv7vUnY0/s1600/doNotWant.jpg

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th May 2012, 02:04 PM
maybe with our high dollar we might be excused. :rolleyes:

BWA HA HA HA HA~! Good one.;)

I guess my plans for quitting TF collecting are on check with the possibility of these prices going up.

Hursticon
22nd May 2012, 09:03 PM
Yay, just what AU Retailers were waiting for... :rolleyes::(
I really, really hope that we are spared this increase as we are still way ahead of most places with our prices anyway - This is of course wishful thinking. :o

SuspectimusPrime
25th May 2012, 11:50 AM
I haven't bought from Australian retailers in over a year, so I guess this will seal the deal for Australian retail shopping for me.

Always managed to find what I wanted from reliable online sources, but its a shame, I miss the days of walking into shops with the hopes of finding a new mold/wave at an attractive price.