PDA

View Full Version : Animated movie release date

Gutsman Heavy
14th June 2008, 12:24 AM
Dunno if we know this but the Transformers Animated - Transform And Roll Out feature is coming out July 3rd and can be pre-ordered here (www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/800283)

Kyle
14th June 2008, 12:38 AM
I preordered mine from JB Hi-Fi last night. :p

Pulse
14th June 2008, 12:45 PM
They're releasing this on its own? :confused:

Wouldn't it be better to combine it with Season 1? :rolleyes:

Gutsman Heavy
14th June 2008, 02:55 PM
They're releasing this on its own? :confused:

Wouldn't it be better to combine it with Season 1? :rolleyes:

it would be better for the customer, but 2 sets means more $$$

Paulbot
14th June 2008, 05:52 PM
That assuming there will be a season box set... there hasn't been a R4 box set for any recent TF series :(

i_amtrunks
15th June 2008, 09:45 AM
Im hoping that there will be the boxset, since all Paramount AU will have to do is recode the US release.

I did see the US R1 Movie set in Phantomzone Chatswood. not sure of the price.

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th June 2008, 07:07 PM
Yeh, but for local releases of the shows, australia is pretty poor. No box set for Armada (did they even realease the whole series in seperate volumes) ditto for Energon and Cybertron. How long did it take us to get Beast Machines??!?!?

I notice amazon.com has a complete box set of Cybertron region 0 for pre-order.

griffin
16th June 2008, 12:46 AM
Those were mentioned at BotCon - Cybertron boxset, Animated 'movie', and Animated Season 1 - all being released within the next few months in America, and probably here as well, thanks to Paramount being international.
I hate the way the first 3 episodes of Animated are called a Movie, and are not considered part of Season 1. It throws out the count of episodes (13 eps to a season), and allows Paramount to sell 2 DVD releases, for more profit, at our expense.

i_amtrunks
16th June 2008, 09:59 AM
Yeh, but for local releases of the shows, australia is pretty poor. No box set for Armada (did they even realease the whole series in seperate volumes) ditto for Energon and Cybertron. How long did it take us to get Beast Machines??!?!?

I notice amazon.com has a complete box set of Cybertron region 0 for pre-order.

Armada had no boxset but the entire series was released in single disc format and were distributed by Magna Pacific.

Id say that with Transformers popularity still soaring from the movie that we will see the same releases here as the US gets.

roller
16th June 2008, 11:13 AM
Armada had a chinese release as a complete boxset, the eps also have the option of the American dub. Whether its completely legal or not....

who cares i got all Armada eps

Its stupid that the first few eps of Animated are seperate, im sure some kid will be wondering whats goin on if he hasn't seen the first eps

Paulbot
16th June 2008, 11:26 AM
I forgot about those Armada DVDs. Collecting a series three or four episodes at a time is a pain though, even though those DVDs eventually ended up in the bargain bins. I'm pretty sure none of RID got a release here but I've been thinking about that recently and wouldn't mind rewatching it if I can track down an o/s copy.

Kyle
5th July 2008, 08:21 AM
It looks like we're getting "volumes" rather than season boxsets, with 4 episodes per volume...

Vol 2:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/801181

Vol 1:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/800283

Paulbot
5th July 2008, 10:17 AM
Which if tradition holds means those two might be the only two volumes :(

Has anyone got the "Roll out" DVD? I saw it in Big W the other day and it says it includes 2 Transformer Animated short cartoons as well and I'm wondering what those are?

MV75
5th July 2008, 10:33 AM
Those were mentioned at BotCon - Cybertron boxset, Animated 'movie', and Animated Season 1 - all being released within the next few months in America, and probably here as well, thanks to Paramount being international.
I hate the way the first 3 episodes of Animated are called a Movie, and are not considered part of Season 1. It throws out the count of episodes (13 eps to a season), and allows Paramount to sell 2 DVD releases, for more profit, at our expense.

Yea, there's going to be a season release, from ep4 onwards. :rolleyes:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/transformers-animated-season-1-box-art-165258/

I too hate how they do this, and the crap they pulled with cybertron was frigging annoying too. :mad: The season is nothing without episodes 1-3, and they sure arn't a movie. The 1986 version is a movie because it has a beginning and an end and uses established characters and lore. Three starter episodes are way off the mark. 3 episodes taped together for a run time of ~86mins != a movie.

If they were truely going to do a movie, it should be now following on from the end of season 2, or following season 3, then continue the regular episode seasons after.

So much potential wasted by the same types of dipshites that think flashing promos during shows are what kids want to see. :mad:
________
MAZDA PERSONA HISTORY (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Persona)

Kyle
5th July 2008, 10:52 AM
Which if tradition holds means those two might be the only two volumes :(

Has anyone got the "Roll out" DVD? I saw it in Big W the other day and it says it includes 2 Transformer Animated short cartoons as well and I'm wondering what those are?

The 2 Animated shorts: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZYKYGKra8

griffin
5th July 2008, 02:55 PM
Looks like I'll be ordering in the US *complete* season then. More convenient, cheaper, and quicker to get the entire season.

Robzy
5th July 2008, 05:55 PM
It looks like we're getting "volumes" rather than season boxsets, with 4 episodes per volume...

Looks like I'll be ordering in the US *complete* season then. More convenient, cheaper, and quicker to get the entire season.

Don't people read my posts anymore???... :(
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=30404#post30404

Kyle
5th July 2008, 06:25 PM
Sorry missed it due to location... :p

Robzy
5th July 2008, 06:27 PM
Sorry missed it due to location... :pHehe... I'm just kiddin' :p

GoktimusPrime
7th July 2008, 10:35 AM
And that is why I always insist on having a DVD player that I can set to Region 0 (you all remember my little episode getting a new DVD player last new year). :)

I agree w/ griffin about paramount's expoitiveness in having the pilot as a separate movie and not including it as part of season 1.

Armada had a chinese release as a complete boxset, the eps also have the option of the American dub. Whether its completely legal or not....

who cares i got all Armada eps
Bugger Armada, I got Micron Legend! :)

kup
7th July 2008, 12:55 PM
All DVD players, and I mean ALL can be set to region 0.

Out of the box they come with Region 4 but just a google search of the model name will give you a code which you can input through the remote that makes it region 0.

As of yet I am yet to encounter a DVD player that is permanently locked into a single region and I have done like 10 already.

GoktimusPrime
7th July 2008, 01:34 PM
Try Sony. Some of them are hardwired to Region 4 (as in there's a physical chip inside and the region coding cannot be changed by remote control). And yeah, I did a lot of Googling to find the region hack code for that player with no success. In the end I returned it (I'd never opened it so it was still MISB) and exchanged it for a no-name brand. I was unable to find the region code on Google but I called the manufacturer and they gave me the hack code upon request.

JuzMel
8th July 2008, 10:00 PM
Erm yeah I got mine from Kmart at $15.99, it was in acquisitions couple of days ago.. so each DVD has 4 episodes and how many are there in total we have to buy then?

Kyle
9th July 2008, 10:18 AM
2 seasons... I guess 3 - 4 discs per season?

Nova Prime
9th July 2008, 08:15 PM
I’m gonna wait until they release the complete collection, I know it’s gonna be a while before that happens, seeing as how the complete collection for G1 was released sometime last year. But I don’t think it’s worth the money paying $20 for three-four episodes, when I can wait and pay less than $100 for the complete collection.