PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 13: Triangulation

GoktimusPrime
13th May 2012, 09:06 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/spoileralert.jpg

Thoughts:

+ So Starscream decides to run off to find the next relic over restoring his T-Cog and weapons? :eek: Just as well it turned out to be an Apex Armour (totally saw that name coming from a kilometre away! ;))... it could've just as easily been a sword which he wouldn't have been able to use with those shackles on. :rolleyes:

+ Dreadwing is proving to be one of the more interesting villains -- somewhat similar to Carnivac from G1. Speaking of G1 comparisons, the hoversled thing Starscream used reminded me of the ones we saw in "On the Edge of Extinction" -- only waaaaaay slower. :p

+ Damnit! I want jet Vehicon toyz now!! *sigh* I really miss the old days when Transformers came out as toys first... seeing characters on screen w/o toys available is frustrating. :(

+ Speaking of toys... I _really_ hope they make a Voyager Dreadwing toy!! I wouldn't mind Deluxe either (though preferably Voyager) -- but certainly something above Cyberverse. The gun should definitely be a missile launcher... it's a no-brainer. (now let's see if Hasbro actually does it)

+ Interesting to see the Autobots being spread thin while the Decepticons maintain superiority of numbers.

+ I really enjoyed the visuals & animation in this ep. :) Interesting to see Aurora Australis making an appearance.

Okay, question... Ratchet's accent. Precisely what kind of American accent is it? What I find particularly striking is his consistent hyper-corrected pronunciation of the consonant cluster "wh"; so words like "why" "what" and "where" are not homophones with "Y", "watt" and "wear," but are instead pronounced as /hw'ai/, /hw'ɔt/ and /hw'eə;/. And of course, he pronounces "Wheeljack" as /hw'i;l'dzęk/ and not /w'i;l'dzęk/. I find Ratchet's accent quite fascinating, and I've always been curious to know where it comes from exactly... particularly because I think this particular dialect of American English may have affected some English words absorbed into Japanese, for example White Claw (Polar Claw's Japanese name) is actually pronounced /hw'ait/ Claw (ホワイットクロー), and not /w'ait/ Claw (ワイトクロー); likewise the "White" in White Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Day) is pronounced with the same hypercorrected consonant cluster.

Speaking of Ratchet... he also gave us the best gesture in this ep! :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/facepalm_primeratchet.jpg

Overall... a nice solid episode. :)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_jaam.gif

KillinSpoon
13th May 2012, 09:54 PM
Episode 13...
Also, I think that spoilers should be kept out of the first post for episode reviews. :/
First post linking to a source to find it/a teaser and not a recap.

Tallestblue
14th May 2012, 10:09 AM
Here's a link to the full ep. In HD. No blurry two-parts vids for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oF3k4PAStg

liegeprime
14th May 2012, 11:21 AM
hmmm for a moment I was thinking ... Pretender Shell armoured Starscream!!! - then Prime said - Apex Armour... doh!!

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th May 2012, 09:11 PM
Man I love this interpretation of Starscream! That scooter part was hilarious, When he is being attacked, I think I saw him kick off the floor to get it going. Major LOLS.

Quite interesting to see how Prime and Dreadwing relate to each other, and a good chuckle at the Apex armour. IIRC, the Apex armour came from the POwer Master Prime reissue? Since then it has managed to add recur some other times as well. Interesting really.

Plus I like how invincible Starscream appears in the armour, although still unable to fly. Mind you, it looks like he might have a bit of a walk ahead of him.

Transformers really can't swim then....:cool:

I enjoyed this one a lot!!

ITZTRU
16th May 2012, 01:48 AM
Speaking of toys... I _really_ hope they make a Voyager Dreadwing toy!! I wouldn't mind Deluxe either (though preferably Voyager) -- but certainly something above Cyberverse. The gun should definitely be a missile launcher... it's a no-brainer. (now let's see if Hasbro actually does it)

He NEEDS to be Voyager. It shouldnt be anything smaller or bigger. Wasn't that the confirmed size class for him anyway? As for the missile launcher - yes. It needs to be one. But c'mon...have you SEEN the latest "powerizer" gimmick? No way we're going to get any kind of decent screen accurate looking weapon for what should be an awesome toy. Damn shame, coz that launcher looks bad ass.

Firestorm
16th May 2012, 02:50 AM
+ Speaking of toys... I _really_ hope they make a Voyager Dreadwing toy!! I wouldn't mind Deluxe either (though preferably Voyager) -- but certainly something above Cyberverse. The gun should definitely be a missile launcher... it's a no-brainer. (now let's see if Hasbro actually does it)

He NEEDS to be Voyager. It shouldnt be anything smaller or bigger. Wasn't that the confirmed size class for him anyway? As for the missile launcher - yes. It needs to be one. But c'mon...have you SEEN the latest "powerizer" gimmick? No way we're going to get any kind of decent screen accurate looking weapon for what should be an awesome toy. Damn shame, coz that launcher looks bad ass.

Pretty sure we already have confirmation of an upcoming voyager Dreadwing, and he comes with his sword and a mechtech thingy that vaguely resembles his missle launcher

Wasn't really expecting much from this episode but ended up enjoying it quite a bit, starscream riding a scooty puff jr. was certainly one of the highlights as was starscream in his fat suit (apex armour) I also enjoyed watching him prepare to operate on himself to install his new T-Cog, I really love this version of starscream,
the only thing I don't like about this Starscream is his need to mention how he killed Cliffjumper like every 10 minutes.
Optimus and Dreadwing we're pretty cool too