PDA

View Full Version : You know you're obsessed with Transformers when:

Jinto
19th May 2012, 11:47 AM
You hear Flawless by George Michael and in your head he's doing a duet with Soundwave.

Hursticon
19th May 2012, 05:41 PM
Spout Transformers quotes as if they were everyday-common sayings. :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th May 2012, 05:57 PM
You make the transformation noise whenever you sit down and stand up.

KalEl
19th May 2012, 07:52 PM
Spout Transformers quotes as if they were everyday-common sayings. :p

oh no i do that!...

loophole
19th May 2012, 07:57 PM
when you greet people in real life with " bah weep graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong"

griffin
19th May 2012, 09:07 PM
You know... there are people who will read much of what is in this topic and say, that's just normal behaviour for them. :p

And I'm not saying I'm one of them. ;)

Trent
19th May 2012, 09:13 PM
Whenever you get in your car to go anywhere you say to it (as if it can hear you) "Lets roll out!"

GoktimusPrime
19th May 2012, 09:15 PM
oh no i do that!...
Who doesn't! :D

From my personal examples of obsession^devotion...
+ Been collecting Transformers continuously since 1984
+ I always wear Transformers apparel
+ Other people tell me that my brain is like a TF encyclopaedia :p
+ I almost always have a Transformer toy on me, whether it be a trip to the supermarket or a trip overseas.
+ I greet strangers with "Bah weep granah weep nini bong" (if they're wearing Transformers apparel of have a TF badge on their car)
+ I once organised a TF convention (and organised several TF booths/stalls at other conventions)
+ I've attended organised TF fan meets in 3 states and once overseas.
+ I'm currently in the process of self-learning Autobot language.
+ I frequently incorporate some Transformers references in my teaching.
+ My daughter has been constantly exposed to Transformers since she was born (literally). She's even developing her own play patterns, like making up her own fan modes! (She's created an "attack mode" for the dump truck My First Transformer); I've recently discovered that I need to carry 2 Transformers with me each time I go out with my family now... my daughter's no longer content to just watch me play with my toys, she wants to join in too (which she often does at home, but now she's insisting on doing so outside too!)
+ It's not a hobby... it's a way of life (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Transformers-The-Religion/129480307081019). ;)

My attempt at translating French to Autobot:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/th_autobot_french.jpg (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/autobot_french.jpg)

You know... there are people who will read much of what is in this topic and say, that's just normal behaviour for them. :p
Guilty as charged, and damn proud! :D

jazzcomp
19th May 2012, 09:18 PM
when you build your own transformer :)

sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/pc-com/brace-yourselves-real-transformers-coming-031742778.html

Ultra Mackness
20th May 2012, 09:14 AM
Just like coffee, it's not an obsession/addiction, it's a lifestyle choice :p

For me it's when my students ask "how long will this test/exam go for?"and I answer "till all are one."

Sky Shadow
20th May 2012, 10:17 AM
...you realise that if you still had all the money you've spent on Transformers ephemera you could own a house by now.

Skullcruncher
20th May 2012, 12:37 PM
...you realise that if you still had all the money you've spent on Transformers ephemera you could own a house by now.

Heh dont say it!!!!!!!

When anyone says the word touch you break out "you've got the touch" :D

janda the red
20th May 2012, 12:55 PM
you realise that as an adult... you own more toys than most kids will own in their lives! :p

janda :)

liegeprime
20th May 2012, 04:59 PM
When you see various cars and trucks rolling by and think in your head ( or worse if you say it out loud) - oh it's Prime, or hmmm some constructicons are spread out today... or hmmm Ironhide's sure in a hurry....and when a Taxi passes by - oh look a minicon!!:D:D:D:p:p

MindsetOverhaul
20th May 2012, 09:26 PM
...you seriously curse out every vehicle with a chrome transformers badge on it because you think they're probably half-arsing trendies, not fans, and they've completely ruined your desire of having a transformers badge on your car even though you really wanted one but now you can't because you hate taking part in $h!tty trends and you also have anxious reservation toward speaking to them when you park right near them in the car park incase they are just trendies and curse you out for being a big frking wierdo.
LOL
is it just me?.... i'm not speaking from experience or anything but that's how i think it'd go down! LOL

optimus1
20th May 2012, 09:30 PM
...when even your workmates start calling you 'Optimus'

GoktimusPrime
20th May 2012, 10:16 PM
...you seriously curse out every vehicle with a chrome transformers badge on it because you think they're probably half-arsing trendies, not fans, and they've completely ruined your desire of having a transformers badge on your car even though you really wanted one but now you can't because you hate taking part in $h!tty trends and you also have anxious reservation toward speaking to them when you park right near them in the car park incase they are just trendies and curse you out for being a big frking wierdo.
LOL
is it just me?.... i'm not speaking from experience or anything but that's how i think it'd go down! LOL

I just assume that they are TF fans and treat them as such. Hence I yell "BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG!" and toot my horn at them. :D

SkyWarp91
20th May 2012, 11:57 PM
When everyone at work knows you as the guy that loves Transformers?

jena
21st May 2012, 07:26 AM
LOL

I have one of those chrome badges on my car...

MindsetOverhaul
21st May 2012, 08:16 AM
I have one of those chrome badges on my car...

if i see a girl cruising around Mildura with a TF badge i'll talk to you ;)

i've been visiting my mum in my home town this week and by the number of cars i've seen with those badges, i'm surprised the ANZAC memorial hasn't been replaced by a Cybertronian War memorial. Or, in the council office foyer, the Matrix, on a velvet cushion, mounted on a plinth in a glass cabinet.

so, no offense chrome badge people, i'm just jealous

GoktimusPrime
21st May 2012, 10:10 AM
I have badges on my car - one's Autobot the other's Decepticon. Just go badge up your car dude. Don't let the fact that some posers might be doing it ruin it for you. We were into Transformers long before it was mainstream; it's not like any of us have decided to quit being Transfans just because TFs has become mainstream now. :) Think of wearing TF apparel or having TF logos on your vehicle as being akin to people who wear apparel and have stickers of their favourite sports team; they may or may not be a "real fan," like people who sport English Premiere League stuff... they're not always fans, but that's not gonna stop the real fans from wearing their logos/imagery. :D

LordCyrusOmega
21st May 2012, 10:32 AM
When it come down to food or toy...you pick the toy.

GoktimusPrime
21st May 2012, 03:58 PM
When it come down to food or toy...you pick the toy.
+1!

Non-fan: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/sushi.jpg Fan! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Transfan%20Meets/Blacktown%20Meet%20January%202008/th_blacktownmeet5.jpg

loophole
21st May 2012, 05:19 PM
when ever you the keyboard solo to this song skip to 2:48 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlq0lYB3iSM you actually think of Stan Bush's song Dare

Slag
21st May 2012, 06:05 PM
I have badges on my car - one's Autobot the other's Decepticon.

you have both badges on your car! is it like a punch/counter punch set up or..... does your car try to tear itself apart.:p

UltraMarginal
22nd May 2012, 12:16 AM
you realise that as an adult... you own more toys than most kids will own in their lives! :p

janda :)
guilty:o

When you see various cars and trucks rolling by and think in your head ( or worse if you say it out loud) - oh it's Prime, or hmmm some constructicons are spread out today... or hmmm Ironhide's sure in a hurry....and when a Taxi passes by - oh look a minicon!!:D:D:D:p:p barring the taxi bit, Guilty. Especially when Alternators were coming out, I was noticing a lot more Jeeps, and Impreza and Vipers... they were the right colours too.

LOL
Only because I wish I could put one on our Suby.

...when even your workmates start calling you 'Optimus'

Guilty, except when another guy and I were sitting in adjacent cubicles at work, our area was referred to as cybertron.

when ever you the keyboard solo to this song skip to 2:48 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlq0lYB3iSM you actually think of Stan Bush's song Dare

I can see that, and I can see that super Rad Drumkit.

liegeprime
22nd May 2012, 12:36 AM
You know your obsessed when your vacation isn't centered about you getting leisure and relaxation and visitiing those places, but rather planned and the whole trip revolves on that plan - where are the TF shopping haunts and visiting those for the umpteenth time til your wallet bleeds.:p

guilty....and they keep asking for your opinion about the movies - what do you think of it/ have you seen it yet/ are you excited? .... I just smile as I haven't seen it yet when they asked me back then:o. Frankly, except for the first Bay movie I wasn't too keen on seeing them in the theaters, was perfectly content to view them when the DVDs come out. As luck would have it though I won free tickets to view the DOTM at IMAX while on holidays overseas, so I wouldn't wanna waste that:D

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/2011%20Philippine%20Holidays/DSC00450.jpg

really wanted to keep those Plasticman looking 3D goggles as they were perfect for eyeglasses wearing people when watching 3D - not like the cheap $2 ones they sell here, but, yeah they're a loaner heheh

Bartrim
22nd May 2012, 08:29 AM
You know you're obsessed with Transformers when you are a mod on a transformers forum...nuff said.

GoktimusPrime
22nd May 2012, 01:58 PM
you have both badges on your car! is it like a punch/counter punch set up or..... does your car try to tear itself apart.:p
Nah, we have two cars - the one my wife normally drives is covered in Autobot logos, the one I normally drive is covered in Decepticon logos. :) They both have Transformers "My Family" stickers on the back windows - Autobot and Decepticon respectively. ;) Oh, and both cars only play Transformers music. Don't listen to blasphemous non-Transformers music!

liegeprime
22nd May 2012, 05:49 PM
You know you're obsessed with Transformers when you are a mod on a transformers forum...nuff said.

or better yet you OWN a transformers forum :D:D:D

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2012, 12:22 PM
You know your obsessed when your vacation isn't centered about you getting leisure and relaxation and visitiing those places, but rather planned and the whole trip revolves on that plan - where are the TF shopping haunts and visiting those for the umpteenth time til your wallet bleeds.:p
Guilty. :) My wife was getting sick of me constantly obsessing over toy hunting whenever we went travelling -- so earlier this year when I went to Japan, she gave me ONE day which I could dedicate to Transformers, but not for the rest of the trip. So that was the day of the January Osaka Meet where I got to catch up with some fans from Kansai (and 2 from Nagoya) and spend most of the day TF hunting and just sitting around talking about Transformers! :D But the rest of the trip was mostly spent doing other stuff like travelling and catching up with Mundaner (non-TF folk) friends. :)

or better yet you OWN a transformers forum :D:D:D
I used to run a TF forum (this was before griffin had established one for OzFormers). But it wasn't as nice as this one -- it was one of those "free forums" where you get ads, and the URL is just the domain name plus some random code; and of course, there's no nice looking TF themed wallpaper, buttons etc. :)

jena
24th May 2012, 03:10 PM
if i see a girl cruising around Mildura with a TF badge i'll talk to you ;)

i've been visiting my mum in my home town this week and by the number of cars i've seen with those badges, i'm surprised the ANZAC memorial hasn't been replaced by a Cybertronian War memorial. Or, in the council office foyer, the Matrix, on a velvet cushion, mounted on a plinth in a glass cabinet.

so, no offense chrome badge people, i'm just jealous

You should! Mines a silvery blue Ford Focus with a chrome autobot badge and my best friend drives a black Mazda 6 with an autobot on the back window. It's cute when we park side by side somewhere. I also have Optimus hanging from my mirror.

5FDP
24th May 2012, 03:29 PM
I used to run a TF forum (this was before griffin had established one for OzFormers). But it wasn't as nice as this one -- it was one of those "free forums" where you get ads, and the URL is just the domain name plus some random code; and of course, there's no nice looking TF themed wallpaper, buttons etc. :)

At least you had a forum - I was printing off monthly newsletters on my Commodore 64's dot matrix printer ;) Because there were no programs back then to insert images etc, I would have to photocopy pics and stick them on a blank piece of A4 paper with the writing and then photocopy it all together just to produce a single page. That was painful :(

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2012, 03:43 PM
At least you had a forum - I was printing off monthly newsletters on my Commodore 64's dot matrix printer ;) Because there were no programs back then to insert images etc, I would have to photocopy pics and stick them on a blank piece of A4 paper with the writing and then photocopy it all together just to produce a single page. That was painful :(
Hahaha, I used to do that for this anime and gaming fanzine my friends and I used to make when we were at school! (and we went to different schools too!) -- it was actually called "Animania"... looooong before the anime convention came along and stole that name that we weren't using anymore and had never trademarked!! :p

jazzcomp
24th May 2012, 03:57 PM
when everytime you go to a store/mall, you look for the TF section. :)

jena
24th May 2012, 05:15 PM

I used to do that until everything started to suck :(

Slag
24th May 2012, 05:45 PM
Nah, we have two cars - the one my wife normally drives is covered in Autobot logos, the one I normally drive is covered in Decepticon logos. :) They both have Transformers "My Family" stickers on the back windows - Autobot and Decepticon respectively. ;) Oh, and both cars only play Transformers music. Don't listen to blasphemous non-Transformers music!

Ahhh , it all makes sense now:).. i haven't seen the tf 'my family' stickers yet.
seen a few funny ones though. i'll have to keep an eye out..

Slag
24th May 2012, 05:49 PM

i do that.. sometimes (if i actually get something) i have to pretend i'm buying it for a non-existent child..
same in the star wars lego section. whichever i find first

Slag
24th May 2012, 06:02 PM
You should! Mines a silvery blue Ford Focus with a chrome autobot badge and my best friend drives a black Mazda 6 with an autobot on the back window. It's cute when we park side by side somewhere. I also have Optimus hanging from my mirror.

Nice!! I wanna sticker or badge up my next ute. i was thinking a big decepticon logo over the bonnet and draping down over 1 of the front guards,
we'll see:rolleyes:

liegeprime
24th May 2012, 07:02 PM
Try having it repainted then like Movieverse Dropkick:D:D G-rock. no need for a little badge.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Dropkick.jpg

Slag
24th May 2012, 08:02 PM
Try having it repainted then like Movieverse Dropkick:D:D G-rock. no need for a little badge.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Dropkick.jpg

whoa!. that is quite the decal:D

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2012, 09:42 PM
Ahhh , it all makes sense now:).. i haven't seen the tf 'my family' stickers yet.
seen a few funny ones though. i'll have to keep an eye out..
Here's what the Autobot set looks like:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/car1.jpg

And here's the Decepticon set:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/car2.jpg
The pic on the left is the car just after I bought it but before I "pimped it out" w/ the Decepticon badge (right next to where it says Conquest :D) and family stickers. ;) I've since put a small Decepticon badge and large Decepticon sticker on the front of the car. The Autobot car has Autobot logos along both sides, the fuel door and bonnet -- as well as a Robot Heroes movie Optimus Prime behind the steering wheel (and Autobot/Decepticon dog tags dangling from the rear vision mirror - it also has a "Protoform on Board" sign on the back ;)). The Decepticon car has Robot Heroes movie Blackout behind the steering wheel. I wanna get something so I can take the Decepticon dog tag from the other car and dangle that from the Decepticon car's rear vision mirror. Later I intend to get a set of Autobot and Decepticon seat covers for both cars... next time there's a lull in TF toys. ;)

i do that.. sometimes (if i actually get something) i have to pretend i'm buying it for a non-existent child..
same in the star wars lego section. whichever i find first
I don't. I'm proud to shop for toys for myself. Sometimes even when I'm buying Transformers and my daughter's with me, people might ask if it's for her, and I'll say, "No, it's for me." :) Heck... sometimes when my wife's off shopping for clothes, shoes etc., I go hang out at the TF section and just... hang out there. Play with whatever Transformer toy I've brought along. My daughter will often tag along and play with all the Try Me features, or try to tell me which one she thinks is Optimus Prime, Megatron or Bumblebee -- or ask me the names of characters she doesn't know. So it becomes a nice edumacational exercise for her. ;)

Decepticon
25th May 2012, 09:57 AM
It's quite worrying for me that I actually can relate to every comment in this thread as I do all of them! Lol. Now I am getting worried when I go to L.A later this year, I will be planning where all the toy shops are.:D

jena
25th May 2012, 12:44 PM
Nice!! I wanna sticker or badge up my next ute. i was thinking a big decepticon logo over the bonnet and draping down over 1 of the front guards,
we'll see:rolleyes:

I want to design myself a massive sticker of Black Rock Shooter for the bonnet of my car.

loophole
25th May 2012, 10:52 PM
whenever you see a number plate that starts with WST and immediately think of World Smallest Transformers

fatbot
26th May 2012, 07:47 AM
You know you're obsessed when every time you know someone is going overseas, you hit them up to feed your addiction

swoop
26th May 2012, 12:29 PM
You know your obsessed when your 17 and you pass up sex to hunt down a armada smokescreen

fatbot
26th May 2012, 02:52 PM
You know your obsessed when your 17 and you pass up sex to hunt down a armada smokescreen

:eek: you win!

Decepticon
26th May 2012, 04:51 PM

Sex? Whats sex? :o

UltraMarginal
26th May 2012, 07:08 PM
It's quite worrying for me that I actually can relate to every comment in this thread as I do all of them! Lol. Now I am getting worried when I go to L.A later this year, I will be planning where all the toy shops are.:D

If you go to the states and don't spend some time in a WalMart, TRU and other such shop you're wasting an opportunity!!:D

Slag
26th May 2012, 07:25 PM

um. if i give you a list , reckon you could pick up a few figures for me :p
cheers.

Tiby
26th May 2012, 09:17 PM
You have a baby on the way and won't give up your Transformers room!

5FDP
28th May 2012, 09:46 AM

Just do what I did - build a bigger and better room... for the Transformers that is :p

Tiby
28th May 2012, 03:57 PM
Just do what I did - build a bigger and better room... for the Transformers that is :p

The negotiations are afoot!

Trent
28th May 2012, 06:06 PM

You're obviously doing it wrong.

swoop
28th May 2012, 06:27 PM
Nope ;)

GoktimusPrime
28th May 2012, 09:52 PM
No, he's doing it right. I still have all the Transformers I purchased when I was 17. I don't even talk to the girl I was going out with at the time. :p

I sure didn't! ;)

Megatron
19th September 2012, 02:11 PM
You truly believe that your second cousin's auntie's great-grandmother's third cousin's step-sister is related to Optimus Prime. Therefore, albeit in a small way, so are you.

You wake up every morning with the fear of Unicron approaching and try to warn everyone before you realise that you were only having a nightmare.

You won't eat it unless it resembles the Decepticon (or Autobot) symbol.

You tried applying for a job at the Autobot base. Something basic to start with, in the hopes that you can slowly but surely climb your way up the ladder.

The name Erector just makes perfect sense to you.

You speak fluent Cybertronian in your sleep.

You speak fluent Cybertronian whilst you're awake. And can distinguish between the ancient and modern tongues.

You attempt transforming every now and again when you forget you're still only human.

You call Cybertron home, and plan to return to it one day.

Bidoofdude
19th September 2012, 04:21 PM
You truly believe that your second cousin's auntie's great-grandmother's third cousin's step-sister is related to Optimus Prime. Therefore, albeit in a small way, so are you.

You wake up every morning with the fear of Unicron approaching and try to warn everyone before you realise that you were only having a nightmare.

You won't eat it unless it resembles the Decepticon (or Autobot) symbol.

You tried applying for a job at the Autobot base. Something basic to start with, in the hopes that you can slowly but surely climb your way up the ladder.

You speak fluent Cybertronian in your sleep.

You speak fluent Cybertronian whilst you're awake. And can distinguish between the ancient and modern tongues.

You attempt transforming every now and again when you forget you're still only human.

You call Cybertron home, and plan to return to it one day.

YUP.

KalEl
19th September 2012, 04:59 PM
when you built you house, you specifically made sure the was a whole room for your collection :D

theheretic
19th September 2012, 06:16 PM
when you built you house, you specifically made sure the was a whole room for your collection :D

I'm kicking myself for NOT considering that! Although there is still a spare room but that's a guest bedroom/possible future babies room according to "zee wife" but no one told me that when we were building!

UltraMarginal
19th September 2012, 06:23 PM

If you build it, you can fill it!

one day, one day..<wistful look out window>

liegeprime
19th September 2012, 08:42 PM

aaaah the ol variation of zee saying When you bought your house, you specifically had in mind that one room IS the collection room .:D.....of which Im sooo guilty of ...:o:o:o

Starscream77
19th September 2012, 10:02 PM
You have a second baby on the way (who you want to name Starscream) and STILL won't give up your collection room

When your recycling bin is full every fortnight with boxes from your packages

GoktimusPrime
19th September 2012, 10:13 PM
You have a second baby on the way (who you want to name Starscream) and STILL won't give up your collection room
That's what bunk beds are for. ;)

I can't even find that many Transformers out there atm to chuck out that much packaging! :( Just yesterday I saw a FoC Optimus Prime at a Target store... the first "new" sighting of a toy I've seen since June. :(

SuspectimusPrime
20th September 2012, 01:24 PM

Lol :p So the name Shafter (http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/Shafter_(iGear)) shouldn't raise an eyebrow?

That'll be always the dream - to have a library with a false shelf/wall that's attached to a secret collection room :) Congrats on achieving yours dude.

It's awesome of your wife to be so supportive! :)

Megatron
20th September 2012, 01:58 PM
Lol :p So the name Shafter (http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/Shafter_(iGear)) shouldn't raise an eyebrow?

Hahaha. Nope, should it? :p

Function: "Hard Worker" lol.

GoktimusPrime
20th September 2012, 03:46 PM
Erector makes perfect sense. He's a Construction Engineer who erects buildings. It's only silly when taken out of context -- though admittedly funny. But Windbreaker's even funnier IMO. :D

KalEl
20th September 2012, 05:57 PM
That'll be always the dream - to have a library with a false shelf/wall that's attached to a secret collection room :)

i wish it was that good

Starscream77
20th September 2012, 07:45 PM
When you now have to order a council clean up as the man cave is that full of boxes and packaging there is no way it's ever fitting in the bin and you can't reach your collection (sad but very true)

Megatron
20th September 2012, 08:22 PM
When you now have to order a council clean up as the man cave is that full of boxes and packaging there is no way it's ever fitting in the bin and you can't reach your collection (sad but very true)

haha that is rather sad. :p

You suffer from severe ADD, PTSD, insomnia and deep anxiety when you don't get your regular fix (of plastic crack). I think this one goes for all of us? :)

You postpone your own wedding day because dude, BotCon's on that same weekend, man!!! (or TFCon, SDCC, AA, etc.).

LordCyrusOmega
20th September 2012, 10:45 PM
You don't go to work because you're waiting for a package. That hasn't shipped yet. You're still hopeful though.

SuspectimusPrime
21st September 2012, 12:23 AM
You don't go to work because you're waiting for a package. That hasn't shipped yet. You're still hopeful though.

You postpone a meeting regarding deadlines to get to the post office to pick up a package you had been waiting on but started getting anxious because it exceeded the minimum number of estimated time of arrival days ;):rolleyes:

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st September 2012, 06:14 PM
I'm kicking myself for NOT considering that! Although there is still a spare room but that's a guest bedroom/possible future babies room according to "zee wife" but no one told me that when we were building!

You have a spare room meant for future babies, but ensure a warm laptop on the lap to avoid losing the room without disagreeing with "zee wife":D

snaketales
21st September 2012, 07:24 PM
You sit at work staring at the transformers brochures on your cubicle wall and thinking of new customs ("would it work if I moved those arms to there?")

AJ_Prime
22nd September 2012, 08:57 AM
When your workmate's kids give you their transformers related items and you're never even met them.

When it makes perfect sense to spend an entire day driving suburb to suburb, even to far away places you wouldn't normally consider visiting just to hunt for new figures.

When you purchase figures you ordinarily wouldn't buy simply because there's a bit of a drought, just to feed your addiction.

LordCyrusOmega
22nd September 2012, 11:45 AM
When you purchase figures you ordinarily wouldn't buy simply because there's a bit of a drought, just to feed your addiction.

I now have a Kreo shelf

Decepticon
22nd September 2012, 12:24 PM
When someone on this forum flies from Australia to L.A just for a day to buy an Evac toy and go on a ride!:D

janda the red
22nd September 2012, 03:21 PM
When it makes perfect sense to spend an entire day driving suburb to suburb, even to far away places you wouldn't normally consider visiting just to hunt for new figures.

Guilty as charged...... Lol :p:o:D

Love this thread.

:)

Yukitora
22nd September 2012, 04:44 PM
When you name your unborn baby 'Skywarp Alex' because it keeps disapearing and reappearing randomly in your tests to find out if your knocked-up or not!
Today the protoform is Alex(andra) Sky(e) because I didn't want Skywarp as a name on her resume.

your collection includes a full cosplay version at some point

Jinto
10th March 2014, 02:01 PM
I bought my partner a $20 cocktail at a bar the other night and found myself thinking "that was Generations Swerve and Tailgate". :o:rolleyes:

BigTransformerTrev
10th March 2014, 08:33 PM
When your workmate's kids give you their transformers related items and you're never even met them.

Ha! That's happened to me a couple of times! Usually (but not always) when Maccas has TF Happy Meals :D

You know you are obsessed with Transformers when you have a sex dream and just before the good bit you hear there is a TF sale at the local toyshop and run out of the girls bedroom to go check it out (and oh, its so sad that in so many of my dreams I have done this!)

jazzcomp
10th March 2014, 08:39 PM
Haha :)

Trent
10th March 2014, 09:32 PM
You know you are obsessed with Transformers when you have a sex dream and just before the good bit you hear there is a TF sale at the local toyshop and run out of the girls bedroom to go check it out (and oh, its so sad that in so many of my dreams I have done this!)

It's a built in defence mechanism. It saves you from any… sticky situations like when your wife asks you who you were dreaming about ;)

Jinto
11th March 2014, 02:29 PM
It's a built in defence mechanism. It saves you from any… sticky situations like when your wife asks you who you were dreaming about ;)

When your dreams derail like that it sounds like a sticky situation is the last thing you have to worry about. ;)

Sinnertwin
11th March 2014, 10:55 PM
You make the transformation noise whenever you sit down and stand up.

:D
Gold

Rodimus Prime
12th March 2014, 03:40 AM
When you look at anything and start to imagine how they would transform and where their limbs and head pop out of.

Gofigure
12th March 2014, 07:01 PM
You smile and subconsciously experience feelings and emotions associated with warmth, awe, and the sense of being protected every time you see a big red semitrailer on the road ;)

BigTransformerTrev
12th March 2014, 08:42 PM
You know you're obsessed with Transformers when you see a vehicle that looks so much like a TF from a cartoon you subtly walk up and say their name out loud to see if you get a response.

I did this to a blue dune buggy that looked scarily like Beachcomber when I was 10 - my obsession started early :D

requiemau88
15th March 2014, 11:26 AM
You know you're obsessed with Transformers when you talk about Transformers so much at work that your co-workers have stopped making nerd jokes and come to appreciate your collection and knowledge of the TF Multiverse.

P.S. the amount of time I have guys come up to me and say "My kids having trouble with this transformer ... what do I do?" Priceless

fatbot
18th March 2014, 03:54 PM
You know you're obsessed with Transformers when you have 4 transformers tattoos on your body

UltraMarginal
18th March 2014, 04:52 PM
[B][I]
P.S. the amount of time I have guys come up to me and say "My kids having trouble with this transformer ... what do I do?" Priceless

I've been there:o

5FDP
19th March 2014, 10:13 AM
You know you're obsessed with Transformers when you have 4 transformers tattoos on your body

For some reason I read that as...

"You know you're obsessed with Transformers when you have transformers 4 tattoos on your body"

I would agree with that statement :D

liegeprime
19th March 2014, 11:05 AM
You smile and subconsciously experience feelings and emotions associated with warmth, awe, and the sense of being protected every time you see a big red semitrailer on the road ;)

that is... until you realize that it's heading straight for you ,coz the driver fell asleep on the wheel :eek::eek::eek::eek:

RageOnTheRoads
21st March 2014, 08:31 AM
You know you are obsessed with transformers when it takes a friend to point out to you that 3/4 of your wardrobe is transformers themed. And after that painful moment of realisation, you decide not to tell her that the last 1/4 is colour co-ordinated to match the paint schemes of your favourite tfs. :(

GoktimusPrime
22nd March 2014, 08:06 PM
Just a few minutes ago a friend called me and said that he's currently in a sushi restaurant and he saw someone from a distance who looks like me, so he called me to ask where I am right now, somewhat disappointed to learn that I'm just at home. He's insisting that this person he's looking at is a dead ringer for me, but I said:
"Is he wearing Transformers apparel?"
"No."
"Can you see a Transformer toy on his table?"
"No."
"Then you know that's not me."
<laughs> "Yeah, if he were wearing Transformers clothes and there was a toy on the table, I would've walked up to say hello instead of calling you first to check."
:D

Earlier this morning at my daughter's Saturday school, one parent asked me,
"Do you bring a Transformer toy with you every Saturday?"
"Every day."
Also, another parent brought his old childhood original G1 Optimus Prime toy along to show me. ;)

UltimateGalvatron
17th June 2015, 08:01 PM
When your dad starts saying "Have you got your dummy?" when you bring a Legion/Legends TF when you go out an about.

And when someone in your class says this while walking out of class "Oh yeah I like Transformers" when I mention my addiction love of TFs and I yell at him "HAVE YOU SEEN THE ORIGINAL 80s CARTOON AND MOVIE?! BEAST WARS, BEAST MACHINES, BEAST WARS NEO AND BEAST WARS II?! HAVE YOU SEEN SUPER-GOD MASTERFORCE, THE HEADMASTERS, VICTORY AND ZONE! RID (THE NEW ONE AND THE OLD ONE)!? ANIMATED? PRIME? THE UNICRON TRILOGY? READ THE COMICS? COLLECTED AN GENERATIONS? WELL?" Half way through this rant I got pushed into a classroom where I nearly got detention from a teacher.

Also when your friends think its totally normal your on a Transformers forum.

CBratron
17th June 2015, 08:46 PM
Also, another parent brought his old childhood original G1 Optimus Prime toy along to show me.

With all the bits? I'd be hesitant to do that lest the replacement fists also go walkabout.

Handsprime
17th June 2015, 09:19 PM
You know you're obsessed when people call you "Transformer Guy". Sure my Producer name might be the same name as my username, but I have been known to bring Transformers to clubs (though to be honest it was only twice, and it was when I had purchased Transformers beforehand)

AJ_Prime
18th June 2015, 12:24 PM
When you give a thumbs up, a nod and an acknowledging smile to the person in the car next to you who has a transformers sticker on their window.

Handsprime
18th June 2015, 12:58 PM
When your dad starts saying "Have you got your dummy?" when you bring a Legion/Legends TF when you go out an about.

And when someone in your class says this while walking out of class "Oh yeah I like Transformers" when I mention my addiction love of TFs and I yell at him "HAVE YOU SEEN THE ORIGINAL 80s CARTOON AND MOVIE?! BEAST WARS, BEAST MACHINES, BEAST WARS NEO AND BEAST WARS II?! HAVE YOU SEEN SUPER-GOD MASTERFORCE, THE HEADMASTERS, VICTORY AND ZONE! RID (THE NEW ONE AND THE OLD ONE)!? ANIMATED? PRIME? THE UNICRON TRILOGY? READ THE COMICS? COLLECTED AN GENERATIONS? WELL?" Half way through this rant I got pushed into a classroom where I nearly got detention from a teacher.

Also when your friends think its totally normal your on a Transformers forum.

I think you might be a bit too obsessed.

Deano85
18th June 2015, 09:39 PM
How many people have transformer related wallpapers on their phones? :p

GoktimusPrime
18th June 2015, 09:41 PM
How many people have transformer related wallpapers on their phones? :p
What other kinds of wallpapers are there?! :eek:

Deano85
18th June 2015, 10:11 PM
What other kinds of wallpapers are there?! :eek:

haha. that's the wallpaper on my phone

you can get this in poster size here. theres also a decepticon version.
http://www.acidfreegallery.com/autobots-by-guido-guidi/

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww254/XternalForces/TF_Print_18X24_Autobots_low__37217_1406157194_1280 _1280_zpserum4hxe.jpg (http://s725.photobucket.com/user/XternalForces/media/TF_Print_18X24_Autobots_low__37217_1406157194_1280 _1280_zpserum4hxe.jpg.html)

MayzaPrime
19th June 2015, 02:21 PM
When you get a half sleeve tattoo of Optimus Prime on your right arm.

Megatron will be on the left soon enough. :p

Megatran
19th June 2015, 05:35 PM
Megatron will be on the left soon enough. :p
:) What pic are you thinking of using? :)

UltimateGalvatron
19th June 2015, 06:10 PM
I have FoC Optimus Prime cradling a damaged FoC Bumblebee in his arms for my phone background

ampoldj
19th June 2015, 08:48 PM
You have a transformer in your car, i have a bumblebee Camaro on my dashboard...it is also the first one i transferred to my new car when i traded my old one :)

MayzaPrime
22nd June 2015, 03:42 PM
:) What pic are you thinking of using? :)

I have a few ideas... I was even thinking of putting it to a vote on here :p

I still have a few more sessions to go for the Optimus tattoo, so I still have a while to decided. :p

5FDP
25th June 2015, 08:42 AM
You line up in the cold for a midnight toy sale knowing that you have to get up for work 3 hours later :p Totally worth it though :cool:

UltraMarginal
25th June 2015, 09:41 AM
You line up in the cold for a midnight toy sale knowing that you have to get up for work 3 hours later :p Totally worth it though :cool:

with a chance that what you're looking for isn't even on shelves yet. . .:eek:

Raider
25th June 2015, 10:24 AM
When you are watching a tv show with your wife/partner and you see a G1 transformer show up in the background, you pause the show and enthusiastically point out which one it is, that you have it, and what its role/function was whilst she rolls her eyes and hits play again :p

UltraMarginal
25th June 2015, 11:17 AM
When you are watching a tv show with your wife/partner and you see a G1 transformer show up in the background, you pause the show and enthusiastically point out which one it is, that you have it, and what its role/function was whilst she rolls her eyes and hits play again :p

That hasn't happened to me but most likely only because I haven't noticed a transformer in the background of a show we've been watching yet. ;)

Raider
25th June 2015, 12:09 PM
That hasn't happened to me but most likely only because I haven't noticed a transformer in the background of a show we've been watching yet. ;)

We've been watching The Goldbergs lately so its happening all the time!

Megatran
25th June 2015, 07:38 PM
It can be frustrating at times dealing with absentminded store staff. Having said that, I don't condone 'interrogating' or 'harassing' staff. It doesn't bode well & reflects negatively on our community. :)

ampoldj
25th June 2015, 07:55 PM
^i know the manager, 2 staffs are my friend in our local Big W, it just downstairs and yet wify never gave the go signal....yup approval is the hardest part so i will try again for Takara :(

Jaxius._
27th June 2015, 09:29 AM
When you read more articles on tfwiki than books
When you killed your social life for TF's (take that bullies :p)

Alpha Supreme
29th June 2015, 12:13 PM
Just like coffee, it's not an obsession/addiction, it's a lifestyle choice :p

For me it's when my students ask "how long will this test/exam go for?"and I answer "till all are one."

LOL love this.

"till all are one."

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th June 2015, 09:50 PM
LOL love this.

"till all are one."

Yes, even better if its a maths test/exam and that's some obscure hint at the key to getting ALL the answers super easy!

GoktimusPrime
1st July 2015, 01:55 AM
I wear a school jersey at school which has Uchuu wa hitotsuni written on the back, which is Japanese for "Till All Are One." ;)

5FDP
1st July 2015, 09:09 AM
You know you're obsessed with Transformers when: you're GoktimusPrime ;) :p :D

UltimateGalvatron
1st July 2015, 09:55 AM
You know you're obsessed with Transformers when: you're GoktimusPrime ;) :p :D

LOL

GoktimusPrime
1st July 2015, 07:12 PM
Just saw a KIA TV ad with their power to surprise (http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140830034049/logopedia/images/0/0d/Kia_Power_to_Surprise.png) slogan. But the first image that popped in my mind was G1 Pretenders (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1daWCZTEY). It took me a second to realise that they weren't talking about Transformers. :(

BigTransformerTrev
11th July 2015, 11:16 AM
You know you're obsessed with Transformers when:

You have a dream the neighbours are complaining to the local council about the smell from your farms animal pens...

... And your neighbours are Quintessons

Lint
15th July 2015, 12:42 PM
... And your neighbours are Quintessons

I completely lost it with this punchline :p

GoktimusPrime
15th July 2015, 01:30 PM
I had a dream last night that I walked into a servo and found UW Devastator and Defensor loose complete. The UW Constructicons were $25 each and the Protectobots were similarly cheap. I was struggling over which set to get, but decided on getting the Protectobots. I put them in a basket and lined up to pay for them, but was thwarted by my alarm clock. :p

UltimateGalvatron
15th July 2015, 04:12 PM
I had a similar dream once but it was Aldi and they had loose cheap Cybertron and Classics :confused:

Handsprime
15th July 2015, 04:23 PM
I have dreams where I find cheap Transformers. Then again I have dreams where I find cheap video games, cheap CD's and even albums that are only available only in CD format.
Heck the weirdest dreams I have is when I have a Transformer, and for some odd reason it starts off as one Transformer, but later it shifts into another Transformer without me knowing.

5FDP
16th July 2015, 11:56 AM
I had a dream last night that I walked into a servo and found UW Devastator and Defensor loose complete. The UW Constructicons were $25 each and the Protectobots were similarly cheap. I was struggling over which set to get, but decided on getting the Protectobots. I put them in a basket and lined up to pay for them, but was thwarted by my alarm clock. :p

Curious - how do you know this? When dreaming, the part of the brain that is used to discern letters and numbers is shut down and they usually appear as unreadable symbols.

GoktimusPrime
16th July 2015, 10:47 PM
In my dream, I could see price tags showing that the Constructicons were $25 each. I don't remember what the price tag for UW Guardian, but it worked out to be below RRP for each Protectobot, except for Legends Groove who was the same price. Yeah, in my dream UW Guardian came with two Grooves -- the Deluxe and Legends! :rolleyes: :p

vorox4251
20th October 2017, 09:37 AM
you know that you are a transformers fan when: you are going to buy some paint, and you see a powder blue and think 'oh god, allspark blue'