PDA

View Full Version : FP Warbot Assaulter

kup
24th May 2012, 12:18 PM
Awesome news! FansProject's Assaulter is back on the Agenda as the next Warbot!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh124/neoz31/assaulter-poster-02.png

http://fansprojectcore.com/content/warbot-introducing-assaulter

A fair bit has changed from the concept drawing we saw some years ago:

http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/15/53/80/12/p2504010.jpg

Looks like it's the same guy who designed Warbot Defender and the Insecticons. I can see a lot of similar 'design queues' from those figures.

liegeprime
24th May 2012, 12:41 PM
Everything about it does speak of "assault"... except for the head - kinda puny actually.:p wonder what weapons they'd come up with...

Lint
24th May 2012, 04:53 PM
Sweet, hopefully this guy will be able to stand up straight better than Defender.

kup
24th May 2012, 09:21 PM
Sweet, hopefully this guy will be able to stand up straight better than Defender.

Yeah that was an odd design flaw. He can stand up in multiple dynamic poses but can't stand up straight in 'attention' :confused:

Paulbot
24th May 2012, 09:32 PM
except for the head - kinda puny actually.:p

I care about Broadside because of the G1 UK comic but because of the prototype toy model design they used, anything that's based on the toy (like the cartoon and Dreamwave and IDW appearances and now this) never looks "right" to me.

Lord_Zed
25th May 2012, 01:37 AM
Now all we have to do is wait another 3 years for this toy to come out.:p

SuspectimusPrime
25th May 2012, 11:59 AM
Really wonder if they're keeping Broadside's carrier mode, and how will that work..

Lint
25th May 2012, 06:20 PM
Really wonder if they're keeping Broadside's carrier mode, and how will that work..

By the silhouettes it looks like there will be a carrier mode but unfortunately it will be a macross-inspired "space carrier" mode. It woudla been cooler if instead they went for an Avengers-inspired heli-carrier :D

jaina85
25th May 2012, 06:56 PM
unblackened versions of the old teaser! it looks like the new one is just more refined?

kup
25th May 2012, 07:06 PM
unblackened versions of the old teaser! it looks like the new one is just more refined?

Wow, I don't think I ever saw that one before.

optimus1
25th May 2012, 07:50 PM
Interesting....but hopefully easier to transform than Warbot Defender/Springer

SuspectimusPrime
25th May 2012, 08:31 PM

Awesome pics!

Looks like they've found a way of removing the jet-nose back-kibble, making it look more cartoon accurate. Funny how they did that, but then kept the pipe patterns on his legs, accurate to the G1 toy instead.

Liking all the modes and appreciate the head mask-off-gimmick.

Trent
25th May 2012, 10:09 PM
I've always found the design of broadside to be a bit... conceptually poor. I mean the guy transforms into an aircraft carrier and a plane. Do you have any idea how much steel is in an aircraft carrier? He must have some pretty thick armor in plane mode. And some decent engines to move all that weight :eek:

That's just the way I see it.

Still, if he's decent, I'll buy him.

gdmetro
25th May 2012, 10:27 PM
OMG the design in those unblackened pics looks pretty amazing. Need this figure NOW!!

SuspectimusPrime
25th May 2012, 11:03 PM
I've always found the design of broadside to be a bit... conceptually poor. I mean the guy transforms into an aircraft carrier and a plane. Do you have any idea how much steel is in an aircraft carrier? He must have some pretty thick armor in plane mode. And some decent engines to move all that weight :eek:

Enough steel to crush Devastator?
:p

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/3/34/Broadsidecrushesdevastator.jpg

Sky Shadow
25th May 2012, 11:10 PM

You could say pretty much the same thing about G1 Megatron, Soundwave, Blaster, Perceptor, Astrotrain, Reflector, Bruticus, Octane and so on. Mass-shifiting has been a part of Transformers since day one - the size of one mode does not necessarily dictate the size of another.

Trent
26th May 2012, 12:12 PM
You could say pretty much the same thing about G1 Megatron, Soundwave, Blaster, Perceptor, Astrotrain, Reflector, Bruticus, Octane and so on. Mass-shifiting has been a part of Transformers since day one - the size of one mode does not necessarily dictate the size of another.

True. However broadside just seemed to go one step too far for me. As silly as that sounds.

Blink90210
26th May 2012, 01:13 PM
Buy

Hursticon
27th May 2012, 07:24 PM
Wow, I don't think I ever saw that one before.

Nor I! :eek:
Seeing those make me all the more willing to fork out the cost for this thing, should it ever see the light of day. ;):cool:

Hursticon
27th May 2012, 07:25 PM
True. However broadside just seemed to go one step too far for me. As silly as that sounds.

The way I manage to "ok" Broadside is by negating the "Plane" & replacing it with "Interstellar Cruiser". ;):D

kup
27th May 2012, 11:34 PM
The way I manage to "ok" Broadside is by negating the "Plane" & replacing it with "Interstellar Cruiser". ;):D

That's what I do. It also seems to be what contemporary G1 fiction has done along with this Warbot.