PDA

View Full Version : Classic Bumblebee Re-Shell

KaRNiV8L PRiME
3rd June 2012, 11:07 PM
http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-976814.html

Google Translation

deformation King Kong : The G1 animated version of the Hornet :
U.S. R2 DESIGN STUDIO Design, ART Feather produced a perfect match for the new MP series, genuine original, quality assurance
R2 DESIGN STUDIO design of ART Feather product, perfect matching and the new MP series.

Humanoid Status: about 14CM
model state: about 13CM, width 6.4CM
accessories: gun, character cards, coins, Spike villain, toolbox, stickers, brochures
material: the main use of PVC and the ABS classic series material, the PTR rubber tires, body metallic paint, some parts plating.

Paulbot
4th June 2012, 08:24 AM
From the title I thought this would have something to do with Classic Pretender Bumblebee :o

VERT
4th June 2012, 11:18 AM
So will this kit be for sale? MUST HAVE!

Gutsman Heavy
4th June 2012, 03:16 PM
My god!

GoktimusPrime
4th June 2012, 04:30 PM
I'm not a fan of unlicensed stuff, but I gotta say that is one SWEET looking toy! :eek: I like how they've decided to do something that HasTak will never* be able to do - and that's using a VW Beetle alt mode for Bumblebee! I'm not interested in getting this toy since it's unlicensed, but I must admit that I am thoroughly impressed. :)

--------------------------------------------------
*since Porsche/VW won't allow their vehicles to be used in toy lines that are 'associated with war' - the only VW TF we've had since G2 that was a Beetle was Disney Label Donald Duck

kup
4th June 2012, 06:54 PM
Just to avoid confusion:

It's this an upgrade kit for the official Classics Bumblebee mold ('re-shelling') or is it a KO version of the 'unshelled' official mold with a new VW Beetle shell instead of the Hasbro hatchback?

Senor_2
5th June 2012, 10:06 AM
That's cool!
I'm not a fan of KO stuff but would seriously consider this if released.

I'm not a fan of unlicensed stuff, but I gotta say that is one SWEET looking toy! :eek: I like how they've decided to do something that HasTak will never* be able to do - and that's using a VW Beetle alt mode for Bumblebee! I'm not interested in getting this toy since it's unlicensed, but I must admit that I am thoroughly impressed. :)

--------------------------------------------------
*since Porsche/VW won't allow their vehicles to be used in toy lines that are 'associated with war' - the only VW TF we've had since G2 that was a Beetle was Disney Label Donald Duck

Yeah that fact is really disappointing, I'd love a MP Jazz (G1 style) but it's probably never going to happen :(

SuspectimusPrime
6th June 2012, 11:28 PM
Just to avoid confusion:

It's this an upgrade kit for the official Classics Bumblebee mold ('re-shelling') or is it a KO version of the 'unshelled' official mold with a new VW Beetle shell instead of the Hasbro hatchback?

Hoping this comes out as an upgrade kit. I would rather have the core component of the figure coming from official Hasbro plastic. Although the downside would be that eBay scalper's prices on Classics Bumblebee will implode on its currently over-inflated average.
Would not mind building it myself, after getting that one TF Prime Arms Micron Terrocon Cliffjumper, I quite enjoyed putting together my own minicon (despite being skeptical about it at first).

kup
6th June 2012, 11:58 PM
From the title I thought this would have something to do with Classic Pretender Bumblebee :o

You know what? I would so want a modernized 'G1 style' Pretender shell that could fit in Classics Bumblebee :)

mknell
7th June 2012, 08:37 AM
Hoping this comes out as an upgrade kit. I would rather have the core component of the figure coming from official Hasbro plastic. Although the downside would be that eBay scalper's prices on Classics Bumblebee will implode on its currently over-inflated average.
Would not mind building it myself, after getting that one TF Prime Arms Micron Terrocon Cliffjumper, I quite enjoyed putting together my own minicon (despite being skeptical about it at first).

Would you be able to use a RTS Bumblebee with it?

VERT
7th June 2012, 11:36 PM

Yeah you could.

SuspectimusPrime
8th June 2012, 01:12 AM

Probably, I haven't got that version of the mold. Does the quality of plastic match up to Classics Bumblebee?

MindsetOverhaul
8th June 2012, 09:21 PM
i will be hugely surprised if this is an upgrade kit.
if it is, it will require almost a complete dismantle, including many pins.
if it is a kit, buy a spare RTS BB for the mod. they're a dime a dozen toy. don't turd up your classics or henkei version for this clumsy upgrade.
having said that, the vehicle mode is as good as could possibly be expected. the bot mode reminds me of classics/henkei OP with all the kibble hanging off its limbs

nofacej
3rd July 2012, 06:51 PM
Want.

SuspectimusPrime
3rd July 2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks, nofacej, I was looking for this thread when I came across this the other day:
http://chimungmung.com/images/afbee_h.jpg
via http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?products_id=732&osCsid=461492f4d0f4b05a9ed13f3506369c00

Looks like it is an upgrade kit. Price is a bit steep for something the calls for my labour, which is not of high quality, and produces at a snail's speed. For this price range I would have expected a finished product.

The finished alt mode reminds me of Pretenders BB due to the elongated bonnet.

nofacej
4th July 2012, 01:58 AM
Price

Still kind of want, but not prepared to pay that much for a shell. :P

VERT
4th July 2012, 11:18 AM
Dont think the price is that bad. Hands up who has paid around $30 just for a custom head?

KaRNiV8L PRiME
4th July 2012, 09:49 PM
Dont think the price is that bad. Hands up who has paid around $30 just for a custom head?

Hands up twice for cliff and goldbug :)