PDA

View Full Version : hello!

Kapryiath
4th June 2012, 05:15 PM
hello all! greeting from QLD

been browsing your forums for the best part of a day :P
I'm 23 and have been collecting transformers on and off since i was a kid
not many of my g1/g2 survived my childhood ( really my adolescence) though :mad::mad::mad::mad: but I'm certainly enjoying collecting figures i come across that bring back memories or appeal to my inner bot and ebay has been taking far to much of my money lately :P will upload a picture of my collection sometime soonish :)

Trent
4th June 2012, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy it here. Much informations is available here.

And we love collection pics!!!

KalEl
4th June 2012, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the boards brother!
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/KalElofKrypton87/44583114.jpg

loophole
4th June 2012, 07:36 PM
welcome aboard dude!!

Kapryiath
4th June 2012, 07:40 PM
cheers for the warm welcome fella's :D , hope i'm not stepping on any toes here, but how do i go about getting access to the sales/trades part of the forum?

KalEl
4th June 2012, 10:53 PM
cheers for the warm welcome fella's :D , hope i'm not stepping on any toes here, but how do i go about getting access to the sales/trades part of the forum?

have you checked this out yet? :) http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2

Kapryiath
4th June 2012, 10:55 PM
of course not :P :D:D

5FDP
5th June 2012, 01:51 PM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6158/drunkprime.jpg

liegeprime
5th June 2012, 07:19 PM
Mabuhay and Welcome to the forum, enjoy interacting and posting :D:D. Looking forward to those collection pics:D:D

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Othercollectibles061-1-1.jpg

Kapryiath
5th June 2012, 07:49 PM
haha that de-motivational poster is oh so true!!!

GoktimusPrime
5th June 2012, 08:19 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb1.jpg

Kapryiath
5th June 2012, 09:19 PM
thanks everyone for the warm welcome look forward to being part of the community :)

KalEl
6th June 2012, 10:36 PM
haha that de-motivational poster is oh so true!!!

thank you, i made it my self :D

Sam
8th June 2012, 10:56 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Hursticon
24th June 2012, 05:11 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers! :D

Clearly it would seem that you're enjoying the wealth of info & discussion that OTCA provides, glad to hear and hope to see your continued participation. ;):)
Looking forward to seeing your photos too, as we love to peruse the collections of others as you've no doubt learnt. :p

Question time! :p
Who is your favourite character & figure?, also which side do your prefer: Autobot or Decepticon? :cool:

Kapryiath
25th June 2012, 09:21 PM
pictures of my collection are up in the collection sub-forum(hopefully a massive update in a few weeks ;) ), i lean more towards the autobots because in general i find they have cooler figures .. i have 14 different optimus primes :S but who doesn't have a million of them? :P
i think my favorite figure that i own at the moment would be war for cybertron optimus prime , favorite character from g1 would be ultra magnus ( though there has never been an ultra magnus figure that i thought much of )

Kapryiath
10th July 2012, 06:14 PM
hands up if joining this forum cost you a small fortune :D
* raises both hands * :P

liegeprime
10th July 2012, 09:09 PM

hence my welcome poster:p

GoktimusPrime
10th July 2012, 10:39 PM
Eehhh... not much more or less than I'd otherwise be spending really. I've been collecting Transformers since 1984 -- well before OTCA or this forum came into existence. I'd still be collecting regardless. Buying toys while they're still current and avoiding inflated aftermarket prices helps to make it less expensive for me. But it's certainly not a cheap hobby! :D

Kapryiath
11th July 2012, 09:27 PM
is there really such a thing as a cheap hobby though? i cant say i've found one

liegeprime
12th July 2012, 12:01 AM

daydreaming?:D

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2012, 08:59 PM
Collecting can be expensive, but it doesn't have to be. Depends on what you collect. Things like stamps, coins and bottle caps aren't really expensive unless you're buying vintage stuff. But then the same can be said for toys. I buy most of my Transformers while they're still current and pay regular retail prices or less for them. This helps to make the hobby considerably more affordable compared to say waiting several years (or decades) until the toy becomes hard to find and you're paying inflated prices on the secondary market -- in which case you're often no longer paying for the actual value of the toy, but for the scarcity. My general philosophy w/ TF collecting is "buy now or cry later." :p ;) It doesn't always work in my favour though -- sometimes the value of toys actually depreciates which means that you would've saved money getting it later rather than sooner. Like Jetwing Optimus Prime -- I bought it last year for $150, but now it's selling for $99 -- could've saved myself $51 if I'd waited a year. A lot of times a toy will sell for inflated prices when first released, then retailers slowly lower the price... it's what Paulbot calls "impatience tax" which I think is a good term... and I sometimes end up paying it. Like I paid $23 for TF Prime RiD Ratchet, now Big W has them for $18! :eek:

But cheaper hobbies would probably be non-collecting ones, such as sports, performing arts (e.g. singing, dancing), photography, papercraft, scrapbooking, cooking, gardening, fishkeeping, reading etc. -- of course, it depends on how far you get into the hobby -- any one of those hobbies can become expensive if you go hardcore enough. ;)

Trent
14th July 2012, 11:23 AM
But cheaper hobbies would probably be non-collecting ones, such as sports, performing arts (e.g. singing, dancing), photography, papercraft, scrapbooking, cooking, gardening, fishkeeping, reading etc. -- of course, it depends on how far you get into the hobby -- any one of those hobbies can become expensive if you go hardcore enough. ;)

Transformer collecting is one of the cheaper hobbies I have had over the years. However that may be due to the fact that I am a selective collector and my collection is limited by the space I have available to store it.

Kapryiath
14th July 2012, 01:13 PM
do you have any photo's of your collection? i'd be interested to see waht you have tucked away trent :P

Trent
14th July 2012, 04:49 PM
do you have any photo's of your collection? i'd be interested to see waht you have tucked away trent :P

I keep meaning to put a post in the <100 transformers collection thread, but so far haven't got around to it. But the problem with my collection is i'm currently going through a theme change, hence why you've been able to buy a few off me lately. I've offloaded most of my G1 collection through various means except for a few specials.

The dilemma I have is I don't yet know what my new theme is going to be. :rolleyes: so my collection isn't anything special atm. Waiting for the elements of inspiration.

But this is your thread dude.