PDA

View Full Version : MP12 Sideswipe coloured prototype image teaser (plus... MP14 soon too!)

kaiden
9th June 2012, 04:39 AM
here's a prototype image

griffin
9th June 2012, 06:15 PM
Posted news/images needs a source.

According to Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-mp12-lambor-sideswipe-teaser-image-mp14-to-be-announced-at-international-tokyo-toy-show/25030/), the image is from the designer's own twitter account.

And just as BIG.... MP14 will be announced at the Tokyo Toy Show (June 14-17).

This is a huge year for MPs, both from Hasbro (Optimus & Thundercracker), and Japan (MP12 & MP13 to be shown off at Tokyo Toy Show, while MP14 will be announced as well). With Sunstorm around the corner (MP11S) and the Ehobby Red Alert (MP12A), we're looking at 5 new MPs from Japan in the next 12 months.

Ultra Mackness
9th June 2012, 07:41 PM
My wallet is already hurting in anticipation!!

Still can't wait though, love MPs!!

Decepticon
9th June 2012, 07:52 PM
I want say that I don't care for this MP but I find hard to resist:(

Trent
9th June 2012, 07:58 PM
Geez I hope MP-14 is Ultra Magnus! But either way they sure have started pumping them out. Very good to see. :)

KalEl
9th June 2012, 09:32 PM
Posted news/images needs a source.

According to Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-mp12-lambor-sideswipe-teaser-image-mp14-to-be-announced-at-international-tokyo-toy-show/25030/), the image is from the designer's own twitter account.

And just as BIG.... MP14 will be announced at the Tokyo Toy Show (June 14-17).

This is a huge year for MPs, both from Hasbro (Optimus & Thundercracker), and Japan (MP12 & MP13 to be shown off at Tokyo Toy Show, while MP14 will be announced as well). With Sunstorm around the corner (MP11S) and the Ehobby Red Alert (MP12A), we're looking at 5 new MPs from Japan in the next 12 months.

god my wallet is bleeding this year lmao!
im very excited for all of these!!!

ITZTRU
9th June 2012, 10:00 PM
Geez I hope MP-14 is Ultra Magnus! But either way they sure have started pumping them out. Very good to see. :)

MP13B = Soundblaster

MP14 wants. Please be either (in order of want):
1) Galvatron/Revised Megatron
2) Ultra Magnus
3) Shockwave

(Pleeeeeeeese don't be another seeker like they did with MP 6 & 7 UNLESS it's a conehead! I'll be ok with a conehead.)

KalEl
9th June 2012, 10:46 PM
MP13B = Soundblaster

MP14 wants. Please be either (in order of want):
1) Galvatron/Revised Megatron
2) Ultra Magnus
3) Shockwave

yes :D

loophole
9th June 2012, 10:56 PM
MP14 - Cyclonus!!

swoop
9th June 2012, 11:29 PM
Cyclonus would be pretty sweet and unexpected. I'd buy it

KalEl
9th June 2012, 11:34 PM
Cyclonus would be pretty sweet and unexpected. I'd buy it

agreed, that would be pretty awesome. Though im not holding my breath.

ITZTRU
10th June 2012, 01:01 AM
MP14 - Cyclonus!!

I actually thought of Cyclonus in my list of wants. He would be an awesome MP. But Cyclonus before Galvatron? Surely not!

swoop
10th June 2012, 06:34 AM
Who would of thought that we would get sideswipe and red alert before galvatron, shockwave ect. While I agree cyclonus probably isn't next you just don't know

loophole
10th June 2012, 08:54 AM
I know it probably wont be Cyclonus but I really want a Masterpiece version of him, followed by the Stunticons :D

Lint
10th June 2012, 10:15 AM
I know it probably wont be Cyclonus but I really want a Masterpiece version of him, followed by the Stunticons :D

Stunticons would be magic. Especially if they did the Menasor thing too.

KalEl
10th June 2012, 11:43 AM
Stunticons would be magic. Especially if they did the Menasor thing too.

imagine the $$$ though...

canofwhoopass_87
10th June 2012, 12:30 PM
Gota say, that prototype image would be alright for the classics line, but it's no masterpiece. I'm gona give Sideswipe a miss. @ $78, it screams cheap. Can already picture the Hasbro version on sale for 30 bucks :rolleyes:

Really hope this is a new Ultra Magnus or Megatron for MP-14! Very excited

SharkyMcShark
10th June 2012, 12:52 PM
MP-14 Sunstreaker?

If the rumours about the pricepoint are true for this one I'm picking it up soon after release. Which is when?

griffin
10th June 2012, 01:08 PM
We had Starscream before Megatron (2nd in command before leader of season one), so why not Cyclonus before Galvatron (2nd in command before leader of season 3)?

KalEl
10th June 2012, 02:19 PM
We had Starscream before Megatron (2nd in command before leader of season one), so why not Cyclonus before Galvatron (2nd in command before leader of season 3)?

this is a good point

ITZTRU
10th June 2012, 02:44 PM

Yes, good point. That was too early in the line for me to remember hehe. I was basing it on the fact that we had the new Autobot leader recently in Rodimus Prime. It made sense for Galvatron to make an appearance (hopefully) sometime soon as well! But they don't seem to be following any type of consistent patterns here, especially with the release of Sideswipe (as swoop mentioned) so it's anyone's guess. Bring on Tokyo toy fair!

Deonasis
10th June 2012, 03:26 PM
Yes, good point. That was too early in the line for me to remember hehe. I was basing it on the fact that we had the new Autobot leader recently in Rodimus Prime. It made sense for Galvatron to make an appearance (hopefully) sometime soon as well! But they don't seem to be following any type of consistent patterns here, especially with the release of Sideswipe (as swoop mentioned) so it's anyone's guess. Bring on Tokyo toy fair!The pattern since the MP's have "refocused" is alternate factions
10 -Optimus
11 -Starscream
12 -Sideswipe
13 -Soundwave
14 -?

So many are leading to an Autobot for MP-14. Which I think is perfect for an MP-15 Megatron being 10 releases since MP-05 just like MP-10 was 10 releases since MP-01.

canofwhoopass_87
10th June 2012, 04:08 PM
The pattern since the MP's have "refocused" is alternate factions
10 -Optimus
11 -Starscream
12 -Sideswipe
13 -Soundwave
14 -?

So many are leading to an Autobot for MP-14. Which I think is perfect for an MP-15 Megatron being 10 releases since MP-05 just like MP-10 was 10 releases since MP-01.

You forgot Sunstorm and Red Alert. I think if you try and work out a pattern, you're gona hurt your brain.

The one thing to remember is that we're not gona see every G1 character get the MP treatment. I reckon we'll get popular characters, the leaders and a few from each of the different series (i.e. Headmasters, Autobot cars, maybe a combiner :D:D)

Takara know the G1 fandom may not be as strong in 15-20 years time, so maybe their new focus is on releasing smaller, cheaper MP's in quick succession.

Trent
10th June 2012, 04:49 PM
imagine the $$$ though...

If they're the same price as sideswipe, it'd work out a fair bit cheaper than Herc.

KalEl
10th June 2012, 06:28 PM
If they're the same price as sideswipe, it'd work out a fair bit cheaper than Herc.

Herc made the wallet hurt enough :p I'll still buys all the mp releases though :D

swoop
10th June 2012, 07:11 PM
I still think mp-14 will be prowl. If they are going to do autobot cars they will get the most out of that mold. A straight up repaint for blue streak and a slight remold for smokescreen, easy money imo and with all the attention prowl has been getting in the comic fans will jump all over it

KalEl
10th June 2012, 07:18 PM
I still think mp-14 will be prowl. If they are going to do autobot cars they will get the most out of that mold. A straight up repaint for blue streak and a slight remold for smokescreen, easy money imo and with all the attention prowl has been getting in the comic fans will jump all over it

It is quite possible. I hope repaints/retools are released every other time or supplemental to main releases ie; mp12 - mp12a - mp12c etc

ITZTRU
10th June 2012, 07:31 PM
Hmm, they didn't do that for MP03 SS, MP06 SW and MP07 TC. Let's hope they don't follow the trend if they go down the Prowl route. But they've been pretty good recently with repaints of Sunstorm and Red Alert naming them as MP11s and MP12a (or whatever they're called) instead of give them a Masterpiece number altogether. Fingers crossed.

Trent
10th June 2012, 09:01 PM

I fail to see the attraction in Prowl. Maybe it's cause I never had him as a kid. He has never seemed as cool as a lot of the other bots. Not to mention the fact that his alt mode is a Datsun. Never been a fan of Datsuns. Very dated car. The 350Z IDW are using looks pretty cool, but TT would most likely want to stick with G1 accurate. In which case prowl and all his associated repaints would be a miss for me.

Lord_Zed
10th June 2012, 10:37 PM
I think that's a matter of taste, I'd love to see Prowl and his clones, Datsun or not.

But then I had him as a kid.

KalEl
10th June 2012, 10:45 PM
I think that's a matter of taste,

that's right, it's a personal preference.

VERT
10th June 2012, 10:52 PM
Love Prowl. My Fave G1 car :D

Ode to a Grasshopper
11th June 2012, 07:54 AM
Want Lugnut.

Would probably be OK with a decent Ultra Magnus, would definitely pick up a Cyclonus. Not really after the Prowl and/or Meister we'll probably get.

1orion2many
11th June 2012, 12:07 PM
Back in the day the old Dato was a nice looking car;):D

griffin
11th June 2012, 01:55 PM
A minor update (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/mp12-sideswipe-to-be-officially-licensed-lamborghini-toy/25006/) - An Asian fansite have posted up an (official?) image for Sideswipe with a Lamborghini logo, which if true, means it will be an officially licensed scale replica... not just a rough representation.

KalEl
11th June 2012, 02:15 PM
A minor update (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/mp12-sideswipe-to-be-officially-licensed-lamborghini-toy/25006/) - An Asian fansite have posted up an (official?) image for Sideswipe with a Lamborghini logo, which if true, means it will be an officially licensed scale replica... not just a rough representation.

that's pretty awesome if it is :P especially for $84

kup
12th June 2012, 11:40 PM
Looks like very geewunized BT/Alternator to me and that's not a bad thing.

Tober
13th June 2012, 02:03 PM
Pop question: I thought I read somewhere that Lambourghini themselves are overseeing the painting of Lambor... Is that correct/confirmed?

gamblor916
13th June 2012, 02:43 PM
Colour won't be a big deal. Paint technology has come a long way and I think the lambos from the 80's would be solid colours anyway. So solid bright red, white, black etc.

Deonasis
15th June 2012, 06:02 PM
Pop question: I thought I read somewhere that Lambourghini themselves are overseeing the painting of Lambor... Is that correct/confirmed?Yeah I would guess Lambourghini would be all over the car details including the red tint. If there is a difference between Sideswipe red and Lambourghini red i would bet this is Lambourghini red.

Sky Shadow
15th June 2012, 06:46 PM
Just ordered Lambor from HLJ - about $60 plus postage: http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT45997