PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Caps

griffin
15th June 2012, 01:39 PM
We've had transforming Nike shoes.
We've had transforming Garu iceblocks.

Now, coming from Japan (where else?)... transforming Baseball Caps.

That's right, if you're a baseball cap collector, you can now have not one, but two, Transformers hats.... an Autobot version in Optimus red/white/blue colours, and a Decepticon version in, well, black/white.

Teaming up with "New Era Cap Company" TakaraTomy will be releasing these, but a release date is not yet known.

Images of the prototypes and the colour drawings can be seen here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-and-new-era-caps-team-up-to-bring-us-cap-transformers/25077/).

NOTE - just like the shoe Transformers, these are not going to be wearable, because of the robot bits inside the hat "shell".

Decepticon
15th June 2012, 02:29 PM
:eek:

5FDP
15th June 2012, 02:31 PM
MISB collectors cop a lot of flak because they don't 'play' with their Transformers so anyone buying this would be a hypocrite unless they find a way of wearing it on their head ;) :D

GoktimusPrime
15th June 2012, 03:39 PM
Not necessarily. Sport Label TFs aren't even 1:1 scale. I mean, it's not as if you try to hop inside a Binaltech toy and drive it! :p Admittedly the play value of miniature apparel is rather limited... and these Label toys are always expensive. I personally don't have any Sport Label TFs, I have a few Device Label TFs and two Disney Labels - which I got on sale. The RRP for Label TFs is just not worth it for what they are IMO. A think a lot of the cost may be due to licensing fees.

Btw I have a New Era Transformers hat, which I do wear. :D :)

1orion2many
15th June 2012, 05:29 PM
OOOooooooo I like this:D

Paulbot
15th June 2012, 05:36 PM
"Do we really need another Convoy toy?"
"But this one is a new hat!"

Oilspill
15th June 2012, 06:09 PM

I see what you did thar :D

SkyWarp91
15th June 2012, 07:16 PM
I see what you did thar :D

LOL

Seriously though, this hat idea is just wacky as

GoktimusPrime
15th June 2012, 10:43 PM
Seriously though, this hat idea is just wacky as
Cos sneakers was so much more normal. :p Sure it's weird... but not much weirder than the rest of the Sports Label line. :) At least this one doesn't smell like toe jam. ;)

SkyWarp91
15th June 2012, 11:18 PM
Cos sneakers was so much more normal. :p Sure it's weird... but not much weirder than the rest of the Sports Label line. :) At least this one doesn't smell like toe jam. ;)

Shoes was just as bizarre. This one will just smell like unwashed hair.