PDA

View Full Version : Target Toy Sale 21 June - 11 July

griffin
16th June 2012, 01:33 AM
The catalogues were hitting homes late last night (which is odd), and an email arrived in my mailbox at 12.20am saying that the catalogue was online.

An hour later it still wasn't, but just a few minutes ago, the individual sale items were added to their search page, so the catalogue should be up shortly.

Items I can find that are Transformers related:
(more added to this post if I missed any)

TFPrime Weaponizer (Ultra) - $47 (save $12)

Movie Trilogy Optimus w/ Trailer - $39 (save $10)
TF3 Human Alliance Daredevil Squad - $25 (save $7)
TF3 Mechtech Deluxe - $14 (Save $14)

TFPrime Electronic Mask - $29 (save $10)
TF3 Cine-mask - $7 (save $2)

Star Wars Transformers Class 2 (mid-size) - $24 (save $6) **
Star Wars Transformers Class 3 (Quad-changer) - $59 (save $20)

WSC PS3 game - $29 (save $10)
WFC X-Box game - $29 (save $10)

TFPrime Darkness Rising DVD - $17 (no saving)

** There is also a listing for "Star Wars Transformers Class 2 Vintage Attack Vehicle" - the image of this listing is of a normal SW toy, so the "Transformers" in that name is an error.

griffin
16th June 2012, 01:40 AM
Okay, so I managed to find the catalogue on the Target site, but it still isn't on their catalogues page.
This here is the main Transformers page (http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.au/catalogue/target-catalogue-australia-s-biggest-toy-sale/4qt11m9mu.html?gotopage=33&pid=promotedCatalogue). Use that link to browse through the rest of the catalogue until it is added to their catalogues page. (or am I the only one who isn't seeing it listed yet?)

Anyone else find it funny that Target felt it was necessary to note that Bumblebee and Optimus transform, as if the Brand name itself wasn't a hint? Aside from the masks, which are obvious, there aren't any gimmick figures or figurines that don't convert on that page... so I wonder why they thought kids & parents needed to be reminded that a Transformer, transforms. :rolleyes:

Decepticon
16th June 2012, 08:36 AM
Target needs to state what TFs will transform as Hasbro is known for making TFs that don't transform (Stealth BBs eg). Parents have bought these in the past to find that they don't actually transform.

I had no problems viewing the catalogue at the Target website.

griffin
16th June 2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah, it's on the catalogue page now (http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.au/home.html). But wasn't when they were sending out the emails telling people that it was...

llamatron
16th June 2012, 02:39 PM
Interesting to see a drop in the regular price of Leader Class - has there been a drop in the USA RRP or is this us finally seeing some benefits from the exchange rate of the last 3+ years?

griffin
16th June 2012, 03:12 PM
US price is US$30... which I didn't realise before, but must be Ultra-sized, because Leader class is US$45 (Ultra Class was between Mega/Voyager and Leader).
So, these Weaponisers are Ultra-sized, not Leader sized.

And as for the price - our AU$59 price ends up being the usual twice US Retail, so Hasbro are still shafting us while the exchange rate remains at parity.

Now I gotta change anything I've listed as "Leader" here...

iamirondude
16th June 2012, 03:54 PM
does any other target have the preview sale the nite b4 the sale starts our willows target has one from 6pm till 9pm 20th of june( extended hrs for them)all of the sale items will b out and at cataloge prices.

Paulbot
16th June 2012, 04:18 PM
Yes. Just going to report Waverley Gardens has this too (although open 6pm to midnight). May be very common. Defeats the purpose of a midnight run..

Sutton
16th June 2012, 07:57 PM
Awesome. Now I'll be able buy DOTM Jolt, Skids, etc at a cheap price, since I've always wanted those characters that weren't in the movie so much more than Leadfoot, Soundwave, Que and Dino.

Can't fathom why these wonderful toys are still sitting on the shelves after all this time :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Gouki
18th June 2012, 09:00 AM
So, is Target's laybuy during the toy sale the same old, or do they take a page out of Big W's book and do no deposit?

Paulbot
20th June 2012, 08:06 AM
Anyone rushing to the preview sales night at Target tonight? I was thinking of getting Poweriser Bumblebee and if Commander Bulkhead was 20%+ off I might try that too. But neither are "must have" purchases so I might just wait.

Decepticon
20th June 2012, 10:01 AM
Anyone rushing to the preview sales night at Target tonight? I was thinking of getting Poweriser Bumblebee and if Commander Bulkhead was 20%+ off I might try that too. But neither are "must have" purchases so I might just wait.

I saw that Poweriser BB yesterday. It looks nasty! Cheap plastic. Looks like a KO.

Paulbot
20th June 2012, 10:16 AM
It looked alright when I saw it (but then again I'm not a "must be Takara or it sucks and looks like a KO" kind of guy. Only the very looong arms were a bit off putting.

STL
20th June 2012, 10:54 AM

I'll be there. Leaving work at around 6:30 tho as have late meeting. We can meet up (and other cityside Melbournians too)

I may get Powerizer Prime but am there largely for Halo Mega Bloks, specifically the Floodgate set and the 1/2 price Pelican (great for extra parts).

Paulbot
20th June 2012, 01:39 PM
Ok sure I could meet you there around 645pm.

Decepticon
20th June 2012, 02:45 PM
Ok sure I could meet you there around 645pm.

As soon as I read this I just imagined 2 grown men walking to the Transformers section holding hands and screaming when they find the 'toys' they want.:D

STL
20th June 2012, 02:58 PM
As soon as I read this I just imagined 2 grown men walking to the Transformers section holding hands and screaming when they find the 'toys' they want.:D

We'll try and make ur dreams come true :p

tinyJazz
20th June 2012, 09:42 PM
Hey guys, I went to target tonight and the Mechtech deluxe advertised for $14 in the catalogue, are ticketed on shelf and ringing up at $20 in store.:confused:

I asked a salesperson to confirm what they were advertising for $14, they tried to tell me it was the TF Prime Deluxes (they're not, they still rang up at $28).

Couldn't be bothered to straighten this out tonight just for laserbeak, and I had other stuff to do. I might go back tomorrow after I check my postbox.

jaydisc
20th June 2012, 09:52 PM
My Target was great. They even price matched the upcoming Kmart catalog. I didn't buy any TFs though.

Paulbot
20th June 2012, 09:53 PM
I didn't try scanning in a DOTM Deluxe tonight. I took the shelf tag at its word.

The Melbourne city store only had wave one DOTM deluxes. Except for this oddity. Randomly sitting loose in the book section.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5wzgzL4ts1qbguy1o1_500.jpg

Apart from the Prime Weaponisers, the other Prime toys scanned it at full price.

The Lego R2D2 was the hot item tonight.

tinyJazz
21st June 2012, 02:43 AM
Aha, yeah it's dumb but I still like to check though, I usually scan sale items before I head up to the counter.

Can you forgive me for feeling mislead by their advertising though? because the catalogue lists a "Mechtech deluxe" for $14, the store doesn't have any for this advertised price but they DO have an item with "Mechtech deluxe" on the packaging tagged at $20 in store.

Anyway, I'm not much more awake now but I'm thinking the $14 ones were meant to be the target exclusive glyph series?

I did buy some botshots and princess ponies instead though. :p

griffin
21st June 2012, 04:22 AM
It should be for the Movie Deluxes, as the sample image is just the regular Wave 1 Bumblebee from the DotM series.

Paulbot
21st June 2012, 07:32 AM
Aha, yeah it's dumb but I still like to check though, I usually scan sale items before I head up to the counter.
Not dumb at all, I do that all the time. And did it last night with one of every TFPrime size class. The first wave DOTM deluxes were new stock for the store at the end of an aisle with the other TF sale items and that cheaper price on the shelf tags.

The only catch is maybe it's just wave one figures programmed in with the sale price, not wave 2/3? Maybe.

(Would love to get a Space Case for $14 but haven't seen those exclusives anywhere in ages)

snaketales
21st June 2012, 01:07 PM
Hey guys, I went to target tonight and the Mechtech deluxe advertised for $14 in the catalogue, are ticketed on shelf and ringing up at $20 in store.:confused:

I asked a salesperson to confirm what they were advertising for $14, they tried to tell me it was the TF Prime Deluxes (they're not, they still rang up at $28).

Couldn't be bothered to straighten this out tonight just for laserbeak, and I had other stuff to do. I might go back tomorrow after I check my postbox.

This happened to me too... Laserbeak scanned in as $20, but Jolt scanned in as the advertised $14. I was only after the Laserbeak, so I took the catalogue to the check out counter and used it to get Laserbeak for $14. I pointed out the "mechtech" label on the front of the pack and the "deluxe" on the side (spelling out it was a mechtech deluxe).

Maybe someone's put in the wrong code for only Laserbeak? :confused:

SkyWarp91
21st June 2012, 05:27 PM
I didn't try scanning in a DOTM Deluxe tonight. I took the shelf tag at its word.

The Melbourne city store only had wave one DOTM deluxes. Except for this oddity. Randomly sitting loose in the book section.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5wzgzL4ts1qbguy1o1_500.jpg

Apart from the Prime Weaponisers, the other Prime toys scanned it at full price.

The Lego R2D2 was the hot item tonight.

I was so close to buying the original Topspin mold which I already have but at the $14 price it's too hard to resist. Then I saw this photo and remembered that I have this toy as well. Guess I don't need to waste money then :^)

This sale was pretty decent, even with TFs. Picked up the Daredevil HA boxset with the Silver BB. Yes I know I said before that I don't like BB repaints but this is one of the rare ones that I do quite fancy.

SofaMan
21st June 2012, 06:56 PM
Since the 20% off applies to all Lego, I picked up 3 of the new LotR sets - Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks and The Mines of Moria. Once I get Weathertop I'll have a complete Fellowship, plus Gollum, some orcs and a Cave Troll. :D

i_amtrunks
21st June 2012, 07:17 PM
Since the 20% off applies to all Lego, I picked up 3 of the new LotR sets - Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks and The Mines of Moria. Once I get Weathertop I'll have a complete Fellowship, plus Gollum, some orcs and a Cave Troll. :D

Bought those three a few weeks ago. You won't be disappointed. Over stickers perhaps, but not disappointed!

sideswipes brother
22nd June 2012, 06:41 AM
Had a few of the deluxe DOTM players in my hand last night, but looking at them and remembering that the movie sucked balls i put them back. The shops will have to take another $10 off before i buy any movie crap!

Sutton
24th June 2012, 08:40 AM
Ended up buying a bunch of Lego stuff from Myer for the kids and nothing from Target. Apparently only had 12 of the UCS R2 allocated to the store. And can't even order it online, you can online layby it for a November delivery.

Bait and switch bastards.

Stompy
27th June 2012, 10:02 PM
Target has a "2nd Big Week" Toy Sale Catalogue (http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.au/catalogue/target-catalogue-australia-s-biggest-toy-sale-2nd-big-week/4qyns0ek7.html?pid=promotedCatalogue) with a few items discounted not on the previous catalogue.

Transformers Kreo: Bumblebee (big version) and Starscream are 1/2 price at $16 each. (page 5)

Good price for those curious.

JuzMel
7th July 2012, 10:22 PM
Saw in today's Herald Sun (8 Jul) paper, - additional manager specials in store:
Minimum 30% off KREO and Transformers Toys.

Might want to check the stores to see if there are any further discounts on other TFs not advertised in the catalogue.

jazzcomp
7th July 2012, 10:51 PM
Saw in today's Herald Sun (8 Jul) paper, - additional manager specials in store:
Minimum 30% off KREO and Transformers Toys.

Might want to check the stores to see if there are any further discounts on other TFs not advertised in the catalogue.
Yes, kreos were on sale. Almost bought sentinel prime for the 3 TF Kreons :)
Is that today only?

jazzcomp
9th July 2012, 01:42 PM
I think the additional 30% sale is still july 11.

jazzcomp
10th July 2012, 02:47 PM
Can anyone provide a link to the Kreo and transformers sale? Just in case I need to price match, need catalogue reference.