PDA

View Full Version : BigW Toy Sale June 28 - July 11

Paulbot
16th June 2012, 09:16 AM
Catalogue available here (http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal/catalogueoffer/big-w-catalogue-giant-toy-spectacular/13385138259558?pageview=two&gotopage=47).

TFPrime Deluxe - $18.72 (save $5)
TFPrime Voyager - $34 (save $14)
TFPrime remote-control - $30 (save $8)
TFPrime electronic helmet - $28 (save $10)

BotShots Launchers - $15 (save $4)
BotShots 3-packs - $15 (no saving)

TF3 Cyber Ops Bumblebee - $48 (new price)

PowerCore Combiner 5-pack - $10 (new price)

Expected sort of discounts on Deluxes and Voyagers. Cyber Ops BB still around?

$10 PCC 5 packs are cheap.

swoop
16th June 2012, 10:36 AM
If they stock wave two Voyagers I'll be happy.

I wonder what the chances are that they'll have the pcc we didn't get last year. I still need stakeout, overrun and the destron set

Paulbot
16th June 2012, 11:25 AM
I was thinking Cyber Ops BB was a DOTM leader forgetting its what they call Battle Ops Bumblebee from ROTF.

Just saw 30+ at Big W already $48 so no need to wait for the sale.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5p7c1jqh81qbguy1o1_500.jpg

(Or Melb people if you really want one I'll sell you a MISB one for $40)

reillyd
16th June 2012, 01:30 PM
They'll have to restock for PCC's at most stores . Gee I hope its the final wave that we never got.

griffin
16th June 2012, 03:01 PM
Kinda disappointed with the BigW items. I hope Kmart has the smaller TFPrime size-classes in their sale.

SkyWarp91
16th June 2012, 04:56 PM
Oh man as soon as I see a Cyber Ops BB I'm buying it. Woo

VERT
16th June 2012, 05:03 PM
Have seen both Big W and Target catalogs and they have nothing good at all. Disappointing.

Decepticon
16th June 2012, 06:08 PM
This is better than Targets offerings.:)

GL-Sideswipe
16th June 2012, 08:18 PM
Thinking of getting the Cyber Ops Bumblebee, Prime voyager optimus, maybe megs. Also thinking that ill get the 6" spider-man figures and cheap star wars fx luke lightsaber :P maybe some of the pcc too if they look good enough :P

Tallestblue
16th June 2012, 10:26 PM
Yay cheap Tfs I already have, but $40 Power Rangers Samurai Bull Megazord!!? WOOHOO!!!

And even more Woohoo the Walmart Exlcusive Spider-Man 6" figures!

SuspectimusPrime
17th June 2012, 07:10 PM
That's an amazing price for PCC 5-packs. Too bad Melbourne QV's TF shelves are always bare or filled with other junk.

JuzMel
18th June 2012, 02:38 PM
I do hope they have the newer waves already when the sale starts! So sick of seeing only the current wave now! I want TF Prime Bulkhead, Arcee and Ratchet!

STL
18th June 2012, 03:18 PM
The Mega Bloks Warthog is about the only thing I'm looking forward to from Big W. Maybe the destroyer. Not sure how it's aesthetic will fit into my place or if it's something I want. Wouldn't mind seeing a live one to make a decision first.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
20th June 2012, 01:43 PM
That's an amazing price for PCC 5-packs. Too bad Melbourne QV's TF shelves are always bare or filled with other junk.

Just received in 72 x ppc w3r2 2010 in WA

Double clutch with rallybots
Crankcase with destrons
Stakeout with protectobots
Mudslinger with Destructicons

Not bad for $10. No price reduction

Decepticon
20th June 2012, 02:41 PM

Crankcase with destrons

Are they $10 now? I only need to get Stakeout. I love PCC!!!:)

KaRNiV8L PRiME
20th June 2012, 03:24 PM

Yup. Mirrabooka is where it is at but bring protection! :)

swoop
20th June 2012, 03:33 PM
Hell yeah, I'll be stopping at my local on the way home tonight and see if I can grab the destroys and protectobots.

Any word on the prime playsets?

KaRNiV8L PRiME
20th June 2012, 04:14 PM
Hell yeah, I'll be stopping at my local on the way home tonight and see if I can grab the destroys and protectobots.

Any word on the prime playsets?

They are not on the load advise for wed, thur or Friday so I don't expect them this week

i_amtrunks
20th June 2012, 07:09 PM
Guess I'll have to keep checking Woolworths for Grimstone then!

swoop
20th June 2012, 07:22 PM
My local hasn't unpacked their pcc so no new 5 packs for me :(

SuspectimusPrime
20th June 2012, 08:10 PM
Guess I'll have to keep checking Woolworths for Grimstone then!

A very good idea! I found Undertow, Heavythread and Skyhammer in a very random, out of the way drive to Bass Hill Woolies in Sydney.

SuspectimusPrime
20th June 2012, 08:18 PM

Crankcase with destrons

I've been living/working in the CBD, never really have a chance as stock clear out too quickly!

PCC are awesome little guys! Most of them are quite sturdy, well painted enough, comes with a minicon weapon (awesome ^2), and they have old-school head sculps (awesome ^3)!

Quickstrike
20th June 2012, 08:30 PM

Crankcase with destrons

I had a feeling it would be them! I was hoping for Steamhammer. I never saw Crankcase and Stakeout though so that's cool.

jaydisc
20th June 2012, 09:52 PM
If you use the Big W iPhone App, you can buy certain things NOW, before midnight. I was able to get my son the razor scooter he wanted. The Lego Super Star Destroyer can be purchased now too. Anything that's a "Hot Buy" basically as sale prices haven't kicked in.

You can't just search the app though. Choose the catalog on the home screen, use the slider to get to the page you want, then tap Product List, and you can basically add any item from that page to your list that way.

griffin
21st June 2012, 12:51 AM

Crankcase with destrons

Wave 3... That's a shame. Those were released back 20 months ago. Woolies got Wave 4, and we still haven't seen Wave 5 here yet.
At least the Wave 3 figures are more easy to find this time, as Toyworld seemed to be the main source last time.

- - Wave 1 (June 2010) HERE
Bombshock w/ Combaticons (New Decep)
Skyburst w/ Aerialbots (New Auto)
- - Wave 2 (July 2010) HERE
Double Clutch w/ Rallybots (New Auto)
Mudslinger w/ Destructicons (New Decep)
- - Wave 3 (Oct 2010) HERE
Stakeout w/ Protectobots (Redeco Auto)
Crankcase w/ Destrons (Redeco Decep)
- - Wave 4 (Nov 2010) HERE
Steamhammer w/ Constructicons (New Decep)
Grimstone w/ Dinobots (New Auto)
- - Wave 5 (Feb 2011) OUT (not here)
Over-Run w/ Stunticons (Redeco Decep)

ITZTRU
21st June 2012, 02:20 AM
The Lego Super Star Destroyer can be purchased now too. Anything that's a "Hot Buy" basically as sale prices haven't kicked in.

So is the Super Star Destroyer going to be the same price come sale time? Or will it be reduced next week? I want to lay by online but I've heard some bad things happen about Big W's online layby scheme last year...?

griffin
21st June 2012, 02:39 AM
If the catalogue doesn't say "save $X", it is most likely a regular price that applies as soon as they get the stock.
If there is a saving or sale price, it won't be that advertised price until the catalogue starts. If you find it is already at that price, it won't be any cheaper, as that is the advertised sale price.

Hang on... hold everything!
Did BigW bring their sale forward a week to compete with Target's sale?
I see on their website that it starts today (21st), instead of the 28th (as it is printed on the catalogue).
Or is it just the online purchases that have the catalogue prices, but in-store prices don't change until the 28th? If so, that could be very confusing.

ITZTRU
21st June 2012, 02:41 AM
I "think" it's online sales only Griff. Could be mistaken.

griffin
21st June 2012, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I edited my post above yours to wonder that as well (before I saw your reply).
I think that may be the case - the catalogue specials start today on the website, but we have to wait another 7 days to get those specials in store.

swoop
21st June 2012, 05:38 AM
Wave 3... That's a shame. Those were released back 20 months ago. Woolies got Wave 4, and we still haven't seen Wave 5 here yet.
At least the Wave 3 figures are more easy to find this time, as Toyworld seemed to be the main source last time.

It might be a shame for you but I never saw wave 3 when it was released here so I'm happy that I'll be able to pick them up for $10 each

griffin
21st June 2012, 12:39 PM
Sorry, I wasn't meaning a shame for me (that sort of ego talk is why I don't talk/boast about my acquisitions here anymore - it puts off people from wanting to share about their own)... I was meaning for those who were hoping to see the unreleased figure (Over-Run), as I noted that it was at least good that people will have a better chance this time at finding Wave 3 (because they were so hard to find in 2010).
I was also referring to it being a shame that Hasbro are offloading such old stock for the Toy sales this year, instead of some items that are brand new and exclusive to hype about.
(The Trilogy Optimus w/ Trailer is one, but people are still over the movie toys to be too excited about it)

KaRNiV8L PRiME
21st June 2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I edited my post above yours to wonder that as well (before I saw your reply).
I think that may be the case - the catalogue specials start today on the website, but we have to wait another 7 days to get those specials in store.

Not necessarily true,

Big Ws price matching policy states that they match any advertised price. (including it's own online brochure!) We have been instructed to match this on customer demand only.

griffin
21st June 2012, 11:43 PM
Well that's a useful technicality.

griffin
21st June 2012, 11:49 PM
Although... why are stores (Target & BigW) price-matching to catalogue/sales that haven't started yet? If you bring in a BigW catalogue, can't Target (and BigW) refuse to price-match because the sale hasn't started yet? (and the fine print says that they don't price match to online sales)
Or do they not care, as long as they make a sale right now.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
22nd June 2012, 12:01 AM
Although... why are stores (Target & BigW) price-matching to catalogue/sales that haven't started yet? If you bring in a BigW catalogue, can't Target (and BigW) refuse to price-match because the sale hasn't started yet? (and the fine print says that they don't price match to online sales)
Or do they not care, as long as they make a sale right now.

Not sure there was just communication this week that we are to match our online and target brochures "on demand"

griffin
24th June 2012, 12:46 AM
Not sure there was just communication this week that we are to match our online and target brochures "on demand"

I spoke with the Store Manager of the Garden City store, and he said that they are not allowed to price-match any catalogue (theirs or competitors) until the date printed on the catalogue.... and if any store does, he said they would be in a lot of trouble for it.
If there is an official communication going against that, perhaps your store manager can forward it to the Garden City store, so that I don't have to wait until the 28th to get some items from there? :p

(or maybe just send me a copy and I can wave it in his face... ;) ...kidding of course, as I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble for my own selfish purposes)

KaRNiV8L PRiME
24th June 2012, 01:11 AM
I spoke with the Store Manager of the Garden City store, and he said that they are not allowed to price-match any catalogue (theirs or competitors) until the date printed on the catalogue.... and if any store does, he said they would be in a lot of trouble for it.
If there is an official communication going against that, perhaps your store manager can forward it to the Garden City store, so that I don't have to wait until the 28th to get some items from there? :p

(or maybe just send me a copy and I can wave it in his face... ;) ...kidding of course, as I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble for my own selfish purposes)

Hey Griff,
I am the store manager :) and it was communicated via what we call an E-link on thursday.

griffin
24th June 2012, 10:04 PM
So I went to another BigW (Kuraby), and asked about price-matching to their online catalogue, but they were adamant that they couldn't. The Assistant store manager came over to confirm this, and I pointed out that it doesn't say that their Price-matching Policy excludes online specials, like other stores do. She conceded that point, and was almost impressed by it, but said that it wouldn't be fair to have people raiding the sale items a week before it was advertised to start (for the general public). (I was starting to think that maybe this was just something WA stores were told to do, because none of the QLD stores seemed to know anything about it)
Then another staff member came over and pointed out to the assistant manager, that they had a staff meeting this morning about this - in that they just got told to match their online prices, but not to advertise it.... kinda like a secret sale.
So it took me about 20 minutes, but if you want to get a jump on the toy sale at BigW, go to the customer service desk before you go grabbing stuff, to verify that that store is aware of it first. And if they aren't, speak to the store manager, or ask them to contact head office, as it sounds like the stores were indeed notified, but not all of them seem to read their emails.

(for all that trouble, I did manage to save $16 with the two TFPrime remote-control vehicles... but I hope others find the process easier... or just wait 4 more days and fight the crowds to get the items before they run out)

funkyaw
25th June 2012, 07:21 AM
Had a similar experience to griffin at Big W (Top Ryde), but wasn't as lucky - maybe because I didn't really push hard to get them to price match their catalogue. They just said that online starts 1 week earlier and wouldn't price match.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
25th June 2012, 09:22 AM
So I went to another BigW (Kuraby), and asked about price-matching to their online catalogue, but they were adamant that they couldn't. The Assistant store manager came over to confirm this, and I pointed out that it doesn't say that their Price-matching Policy excludes online specials, like other stores do. She conceded that point, and was almost impressed by it, but said that it wouldn't be fair to have people raiding the sale items a week before it was advertised to start (for the general public). (I was starting to think that maybe this was just something WA stores were told to do, because none of the QLD stores seemed to know anything about it)
Then another staff member came over and pointed out to the assistant manager, that they had a staff meeting this morning about this - in that they just got told to match their online prices, but not to advertise it.... kinda like a secret sale.
So it took me about 20 minutes, but if you want to get a jump on the toy sale at BigW, go to the customer service desk before you go grabbing stuff, to verify that that store is aware of it first. And if they aren't, speak to the store manager, or ask them to contact head office, as it sounds like the stores were indeed notified, but not all of them seem to read their emails.

(for all that trouble, I did manage to save $16 with the two TFPrime remote-control vehicles... but I hope others find the process easier... or just wait 4 more days and fight the crowds to get the items before they run out)

Funny that the staff knew but managers didnt read the memo. It was a national memo and yes it says only on "customer demand"

Demonac
25th June 2012, 05:37 PM
The store manager at my local Big W didn't know anything about it, but he called his area manager who confirmed it.

zs96742
26th June 2012, 02:00 AM
are there any pcc combiner founded?

reillyd
26th June 2012, 05:20 PM
are there any pcc combiner founded?

Yes I'm seeing heaps at the three Big W's I visited. Grimstone and Sledghammer (dinobot and constructicons) but some board members are reporting older waves rather than these.

GL-Sideswipe
26th June 2012, 05:46 PM
Went to Big W eastland today and found the spider-man 6" figures, thought they would be the $15 introductory price but they were $20 each so I passed on them :/ My big w also has wave 2 and 3 of the PCC

SuspectimusPrime
26th June 2012, 07:27 PM
Went to Big W eastland today and found the spider-man 6" figures, thought they would be the $15 introductory price but they were $20 each so I passed on them :/ My big w also has wave 2 and 3 of the PCC

Which one is your local Big W?

I had a really tough luck this past weekend, nothing at the two other local Big W's in Sydney (although I was just driving past, it would've been nice to find something :().

GL-Sideswipe
26th June 2012, 09:23 PM
Which one is your local Big W?

I had a really tough luck this past weekend, nothing at the two other local Big W's in Sydney (although I was just driving past, it would've been nice to find something :().

My local is eastland victoria, im also close to forest hill. What are you trying to find in particular? Transformers? Spider-man figures or something else?

jaydisc
27th June 2012, 03:24 PM
Please post back here if you manage to get down to a Big W today as to whether or not the prices have kicked in, as I believe they often kick in late the day before.

jaydisc
27th June 2012, 05:59 PM
Prices active now!

i_amtrunks
27th June 2012, 07:00 PM
Prices active now!

Same in NSW!

SuspectimusPrime
27th June 2012, 07:31 PM
My local is eastland victoria, im also close to forest hill. What are you trying to find in particular? Transformers? Spider-man figures or something else?

I'm only after PCC 5-pack Wave 2 and 3. I might actually go hunt for these this weekend.

mharry
28th June 2012, 12:42 AM
Can't seem to find the pcc's or the remote tfs in either of the 2 BigW stores here. Only items I was after to.

liegeprime
28th June 2012, 01:18 AM
I just hope my local has the PCC I want, namely d dinobot group as it s what I'm after mainly . If they have the stunticoms it would be bought as well.

mharry
28th June 2012, 09:39 AM
ok found them
PCC
Double Clutch with Rallybot drones
Mudslinger with Destructicon drones
Stakeout with Protectobot drones
Crankcase with Destron drones
RC Prime
Bumblebee
Optimus Prime

As well as both Prime Cyberverse sets $38 each
Energon Driller
Starhammer / Jackhammer

gantz
28th June 2012, 02:36 PM
Just TFPRIME voyagers and the cyberverse sets at my Big W.

Got Thors hammer and the 6" inch Spideys :)

JuzMel
28th June 2012, 02:37 PM
Heaps of PCC Steamhammer and (another I can't quite remember - Might be Grimstone) at Big W Southland last night. It's definitely new ones as I haven't seen them before.

Still looking for TF Prime Arcee and Ratchet. Don't bother with Southland and Forest Hill, which was much worse with their TFs in stock.

Decepticon
28th June 2012, 02:43 PM
Went to Big W Armadale this morning. Absolutely nothing in TFs worth mentioning. Couldnt find any PCCs anywhere!:mad:

Deonasis
28th June 2012, 05:37 PM
Brisbane Mt Ommaney only has PCC Grimstone and Steamhammer sets but I am interested in the other moulds. Is there any value in a BigW PCC swap thread where you list which town/area you are in and which bunch of $10 PCC 5pks you have access to?

SuspectimusPrime
28th June 2012, 08:39 PM
Brisbane Mt Ommaney only has PCC Grimstone and Steamhammer sets but I am interested in the other moulds. Is there any value in a BigW PCC swap thread where you list which town/area you are in and which bunch of $10 PCC 5pks you have access to?

Sounds like a good idea, but aren't most people in this thread after the Steamhammer and Grimstone sets? (aside from myself - unfortunately I caved and paid $50 for both a few months ago, fearing that they'll come to me locally).

doublespy
28th June 2012, 09:33 PM
Still looking for TF Prime Arcee and Ratchet. Don't bother with Southland and Forest Hill, which was much worse with their TFs in stock.

there were 2 each on monday in southland (i bought 1 pair not know they would be on sale 3 days later:mad:) so hopefully they'll restock.

anyone bought the new amazing spider man 6'' figures? apparently we are ahead of the rest of the world on this and they will a Walmart exclusive in America. saw these today was really tempted.

zs96742
28th June 2012, 09:59 PM
Found crankcase,mudslinger, skybuster and skateout in BIG W Cumberland Park. any grimstone founded in SA?

griffin
29th June 2012, 12:19 AM

It is strange that some stores are getting Wave 4 and others are getting Wave 3... but not both.
If you are willing to travel, the Kuraby BigW has heaps of the Destrons, Rallybots, Destructicons and Protectobots.
I'd be willing to swap something with you, as I wanted to get a Dinobot set for Christalcase while he's in Hong Kong for a month (they'd probably be sold out before he gets back). But I have a couple other BigWs near work to check first before I need to get desperate. I can pick up the ones you want if you like, just let me know which sets you are after, and I can meet up with you somewhere or bring them to your house.

liegeprime
29th June 2012, 02:04 AM
sigh, the shelves have been ransacked in the local Big W I have access to (read: near train station)... and I just wanted those dino PCC .... shame to miss out while it's just cheap.:(:(.... only botshots a few more of leftover DOTM stuff very few of the new TF Prime playsets and cyberverse figures and still a few of the first wave of deluxe TF Prime figures

Ravagecat
29th June 2012, 08:12 AM
Probably a long shot but has anyone seen Bombshock with Combaticons at any Big W's in Brissy?

griffin
30th June 2012, 10:57 PM
Probably a long shot but has anyone seen Bombshock with Combaticons at any Big W's in Brissy?

I'm not sure if they were included in any of the assortments BigW got for this sale...
If that is true, that they aren't out at this time, and you really want that set, I have a couple spares from 2 years ago. One lot is sealed in packaging (cost me $25, but I can sell it for $15), and one lot that is just the toys (no packaging) for $10.
Would need to pickup or meet up (southside) though if you want either.

Ravagecat
2nd July 2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks Griffin,

I am happy to give you what you paid for the sealed one. I live on the southside too, so I can come pick it up one night this week or wait until the weekend. PM with a time time/day that suits you.

jazzcomp
9th July 2012, 01:34 PM
Anyone find any Aerialbots/protectobots/bombshock?
Anyone need anything that they want to swap?