PDA

View Full Version : So whos getting the new mp's??

primatives
17th June 2012, 05:37 PM
hey guys, so whos getting the new mp's?? I per-ordered all 3 the 2 cars are quite reasonable for me and Soundwave is a bit expensive but he is a favourite character of mine so I decided to get him as well. I ordered it from RK as they were the cheapest. Planned to pre-order from TFsource because of the option to pay later but still much more expensive than RK. Now the long wait til it comes out!!

canofwhoopass_87
17th June 2012, 05:44 PM
I'll definitely be getting Soundwave. Might sit back and wait for the Hasbro version though, especially if the price is much lower and comes with all the cassette tapes :D

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th June 2012, 06:09 PM
I'll probably pass on Red Alert, but Lambor and the inevitable Streak are on the list, as is Soundwave once he comes down in price a little.

KalEl
17th June 2012, 06:31 PM
All ordered :D

swoop
17th June 2012, 06:47 PM
I'll be getting all of them, hopefully in time to be my christmas present to myself

Trent
17th June 2012, 07:00 PM
I'll be getting sideswipe and red alert. Will leave Soundwave until the hasbro release. i was originally gonna pass on Soundwave but the cassettes do it for me.

VERT
17th June 2012, 07:23 PM
Will pre order them all once I get my Tax done :D

Ultra Mackness
17th June 2012, 07:28 PM
I'm going to get all of them as well. I have this idea of having the entire '84 - '86 cast in masterpiece form. It may take a number of years, most of them don't exist (yet!) and I'm sure neither my wallet nor my wife would approve, but it would (will, fingers crossed) be glorious :)

Deonasis
17th June 2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah, my money will be going to these first and any spare will go to other TFs (or saved for future MPs :rolleyes:).

Zippo
17th June 2012, 08:09 PM
ALL of them.

Twice.

*Needs to figure out how to pay for them of course..*

KalEl
17th June 2012, 08:20 PM
I'll be getting all of them, hopefully in time to be my christmas present to myself

What he said :p

GoktimusPrime
17th June 2012, 09:00 PM
I'm getting Lambor. Probably get Red Alert too. Undecided about Soundwave due to the high price tag. Considering waiting for Hasbro's version. I've already got Sunstorm on pre-order (does that count as a new MP? :p)

kurdt_the_goat
18th June 2012, 12:24 AM
I'll be getting Sideswipe & Soundwave & Minions, but will skip Red Alert.

I'm getting Lambor. Probably get Red Alert too. Undecided about Soundwave due to the high price tag. Considering waiting for Hasbro's version. I've already got Sunstorm on pre-order (does that count as a new MP? :p)

How'd you justify the cost for Sunstorm? You always bring up the issue of pricing going up, so i would have thought you'd be the last person to spend heaps on a redeco & remould MP!

Slag
18th June 2012, 12:53 AM
i want them all, but Soundwave is priority. Should be able fit a red alert or sideswipe in too though. I thought the pic of them all together looked cool and i don't have an issue with the size anymore

Tober
18th June 2012, 01:28 AM
Yes to all three. One Amazon set and possibly a retail set too... will see, unfortunately a few other Japanese premium toys are released around then too.

ITZTRU
18th June 2012, 01:34 AM
definitely in for all three. Soundwave upon release 100%. Not sure when i'll pick up Sideswipe and Red Alert, but i'll get them eventually. Starscream is my fav G1 character and I still don't have MP11 yet. So maybe screamer first before Sideswipe and Red Alert for me.

liegeprime
18th June 2012, 02:21 AM
Just Soundwave. If I enjoy him too much, Id prolly fork out for the rest....prolly

gamblor916
18th June 2012, 09:16 AM
All three and all the inevitable recolours of Lambor...

5FDP
18th June 2012, 09:23 AM
I may have missed this piece of news, but is there definitely going to be a Hasbro Soundwave release? I don't want to pass on the TakTom one only to pay double or triple 12 months after release because Hasbro passed on the opportunity. It happens!

GoktimusPrime
18th June 2012, 09:48 AM
How'd you justify the cost for Sunstorm? You always bring up the issue of pricing going up, so i would have thought you'd be the last person to spend heaps on a redeco & remould MP!
I never got MP11, so I don't currently own that mould. I couldn't justify to myself buying MP11 since I already own MP03 "Greenscream" and Hasbro TRU Starscream... don't need a third MP Starscream. But when I saw MP Sunstorm I figured that this is a whole new character that I don't already own in MP form, plus I don't have any other version of the MP11 mould -- part of me wants to own the MP11 mould, but I don't want another version of a character that I already have in MP form. Also, I'm not expecting Hasbro to release their own version of this toy later down the track... so I'm suspecting that a cheaper Hasbro version is unlikely (not impossible, but I'm not expecting it). Pricewise, MP Sunstorm's price is 13650JPY, which is the same RRP as MP11, which I do feel is very expensive for a MP Seeker (it's $40 more than what I paid for MP03), but considering that it's a limited exclusive, I find it acceptable (not great, but acceptable).

I was saying to The_Scream_Man yesterday, when talking about MP Soundwave... I've only ever paid above $200 for two Transformers -- and both of their names end with "Maximus." ;) I'm really not sure if I'm willing to go the same distance for a Masterpiece. :o

I may have missed this piece of news, but is there definitely going to be a Hasbro Soundwave release? I don't want to pass on the TakTom one only to pay double or triple 12 months after release because Hasbro passed on the opportunity. It happens!
I reckon there will be. Hasbro's released their own version of every other regular store-release MP that Takara's ever done, except for Megatron (for obvious reasons). I would be surprised if Hasbro didn't jump on the opportunity to release a version of Soundwave.

UltraMarginal
18th June 2012, 10:42 PM
given the recent history of quality with Hasbro released Masterpieces, MP-09 and soon MP-10, I'm expecting them all to be released by Hasbro (probably not sunstorm) and at a much more palatable price. hopefully they are picked up by TRU or someone else here in Australia.

and I'll most likely get them all. except perhaps MP10, not decided on that one yet, have MP-01 and MP-04...

Cat
18th June 2012, 11:31 PM
Yep.

All 3, and of course, the casseticon set.

GoktimusPrime
19th June 2012, 12:06 AM
given the recent history of quality with Hasbro released Masterpieces, MP-09 and soon MP-10, I'm expecting them all to be released by Hasbro (probably not sunstorm) and at a much more palatable price. hopefully they are picked up by TRU or someone else here in Australia.
^This. :)

and I'll most likely get them all. except perhaps MP10, not decided on that one yet, have MP-01 and MP-04...
I only have MP-01, so I'll gladly get Hasbro's MP10. People have pointed out that the colours aren't as nice as TakTOM's, and I agree - but at nearly half of TakTOM's RRP, I'm not gonna complain! :D And it wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro's versions of MP Soundwave and Lambor aren't as nice as TakTOM's either... Hasbro's MP colours are usually inferior to Takara's, with the exception of MP03 Starscream where Hasbro's colours (and superior plastic) put ol' Greenscream to shame (and the AU RRP was about $30 cheaper!). ;)

Cat
19th June 2012, 12:36 AM
Considering TakTom's Sideswipe has paint supervised by Lamborghini themselves, there's no way I'm passing on him, or waiting for the Hasbro version.

5FDP
19th June 2012, 10:04 AM
... So, I guess the official answer to my question is there is no official answer. Fingers crossed that he is released locally. I don't want to miss out on getting him but I don't want to pay $200 for one either.

Decepticon
19th June 2012, 10:39 AM
Surely, if someone in this thread says, 'no, I will not be getting ANY version of these new MPs (Hasbro or Takara), they can't be a TF fan.:)

liegeprime
19th June 2012, 10:42 AM
... So, I guess the official answer to my question is there is no official answer. Fingers crossed that he is released locally. I don't want to miss out on getting him but I don't want to pay $200 for one either.

Which means it will be quite troublesome if he doesn't, but Im with you on hoping he gets local release. I just hope there's enough to go around - you know, scalpers and all that:mad:. They surely passed up on MP Rodimus, prolly got wind of the QC issues, but, Soundwave on the other hand is another plate of gold altogether..... I just wish he aint so short...:o

Doubledealer
19th June 2012, 10:52 AM
Considering the pace at which TF Prime toys are being released in Australia I'm guessing we'll see MP Soundwave in about hmmm....10 years time?

Takara all the way Magic Johnson! Lambor = Pre-ordered. Will snag a Soundwave when it appears on HLJ too. :)

Sharky
19th June 2012, 12:10 PM

the other solution is to purchase the TakTom version and when/if Hasbro release it sell of the TT version i am pretty sure you will recoup your costs.. even maybe profit if they become hard to find.

Cat
19th June 2012, 12:48 PM

You won't pay that anyway.

BBTS has Sideswipe and Red Alert for $84US each, and Soundwave at $140.

Even with shipping, that's nowhere near $200 for either of the lambo's.

SkyWarp91
19th June 2012, 12:49 PM
I'm getting Sideswipe, Red-Alert and Soundwave. Kind of makes WInnebago Hot Rodimus feel left out as I still haven't got him yet :\

5FDP
19th June 2012, 01:17 PM
You won't pay that anyway.

BBTS has Sideswipe and Red Alert for $84US each, and Soundwave at $140.

Interesting... was that the price set before or after the increase? RK raised their pre-order price last week and with shipping the total is close to $200. My understanding is that BBTS charge you once the item is instock unlike RK which charges you when you complete the checkout process. Will be interesting to see if BBTS leave their price at $140 as it's $20 cheaper than RK.

GoktimusPrime
19th June 2012, 01:40 PM
Which means it will be quite troublesome if he doesn't, but Im with you on hoping he gets local release. I just hope there's enough to go around - you know, scalpers and all that:mad:. They surely passed up on MP Rodimus, prolly got wind of the QC issues, but, Soundwave on the other hand is another plate of gold altogether..... I just wish he aint so short...:o
I thought Hasbro's QC was improved over TakTOM's. Many of the flaws in that toy are inherent flaws of that mould's design (much like say the flaws in the MP Seekers, even after they improved it with better quality plastic). The only Hasbro MP that I've seen fly off shelves in Australia was Starscream. Grimlock would be the second best selling MP in Australia that I've seen.

Cat
19th June 2012, 02:34 PM
Interesting... was that the price set before or after the increase? RK raised their pre-order price last week and with shipping the total is close to $200. My understanding is that BBTS charge you once the item is instock unlike RK which charges you when you complete the checkout process. Will be interesting to see if BBTS leave their price at $140 as it's $20 cheaper than RK.

Oops.

They have raised Soundwave.

He's now listed at $170, but on my pre-order page he's $160. So still not too shabby.

AussieJason
19th June 2012, 08:21 PM
I'll get Soundwave for sure

Not so sure on Sideswipe and Red Alert :confused:

I finally got Rodimus only a few weeks ago, and still haven't got around to Grimlock yet... so may concentrate on pricing those first

Robzy
19th June 2012, 09:18 PM
I'm getting them all!

If the MP line continues this way, with regularity as well, this may be the sole TF line I collect from now on!