PDA

View Full Version : Music Label Soundwave

kup
8th January 2008, 05:14 PM
Last weekend I received my music label Soundwave (blue). I have bought a Mini SD card today, loaded MP3s and placed it in Soundwave's card reader.

The thing just blinks and blinks but no sound comes out of the earphones. I have formated the card from fat to fat32 to see if that would fix it but it hasn't. On top of that, the MP3 player should turn off when you push the play/pause button for 2 seconds but it doesn't.

Do I have a faulty one or something? If so I am screwed since I bought this off ebay and it will be hell to replace.
________
Apple games (http://macgame.org)

Tiby
8th January 2008, 05:36 PM
Is your SD card 1GB? It only accepts 1GB cards.

As for the turn off feature, I'm not sure about that one. I thought it was an auto-off thing if not playing.

iceburn
8th January 2008, 05:38 PM
hmm does it only allow 1GB SD cards...that's kind of sad

kup
8th January 2008, 05:41 PM
Its an Apacer 1GB Mini-SD card.

I have noticed that if I don't insert the card I am able to turn it off but if I insert the card, it freaks the player out and it just blinks endlessly. Sometimes when I push the play button while its flashing it will produce a solid blue light until I eject the card, then I can turn it off.

So far there has been no output at all through the earphones and I have tried several.

The trouble is that this is the only card that I have and there is a possibility that the player doesn't like this particular brand but I am not sure since I don't have another.

Edit: From the reviews that I have been reading it can play 2GB cards but they need to be formatted to FAT32 to play.
________
Baltimore assembly (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Baltimore_Assembly)

Fungal Infection
8th January 2008, 05:53 PM
I remember thinking mine was faulty when I first got mine but found out that you have to hold the play/pause button for 2 seconds to turn the thing on. Then you use the up/down keys to adjust the volume level. To turn it off, just press the play/puase button once, then press it again and hold it for 2 seconds. I also didn't format my card when I first got it and just dragged and dropped my songs straight onto the card. If these solutions/suggestions don't work, then yours might actually be faulty, in which case I have no solution!

kup
8th January 2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks Fungal, Tiby and everyone giving me a hand but it is still not working.

I already know how it works and do manage to turn it on but it just doesn't do anything but blink. The only way to confirm if I have a faulty player is by testing it with another Mini SD card that unfortunately I dont have.
________
Schizophrenia forums (http://www.health-forums.org/schizophrenia/)

Tiby
8th January 2008, 06:02 PM
Might be best to try another card first - they are pretty cheap now (20 bucks or so) and you can always use the other card for something else.

In any event, I must say I used it only once. With no screen and poor navigation, it is not a very good MP3 player. I like him for the design and concept, rather than to actually use as a player.

kup
8th January 2008, 06:07 PM
Might be best to try another card first - they are pretty cheap now (20 bucks or so) and you can always use the other card for something else.

In any event, I must say I used it only once. With no screen and poor navigation, it is not a very good MP3 player. I like him for the design and concept, rather than to actually use as a player.

I don't listen to music, I only got him for the same reasons as you but I sure hell want it to work! :)

What SD card brand are you using please? I honestly never had to use a Mini SD card until now so I never owned one before so I am a bit reluctant to buy another but I need to try it.
________
Handjob gay (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/675/gay/videos/1)

Fungal Infection
8th January 2008, 06:09 PM
See if you have a friend/co-worker with a mobile which uses mini-SD cards. I know my old nokia phone as well as many other older phones used a mini SD card. Ask them to upload a song or 2 onto their card and then pop the card into your player to confirm if its a card compatibility issue. It seems no one actually bought Soundwave to listen to music as I also bought him for the novelty value!!

Tiby
8th January 2008, 07:46 PM
I use a Sandisk card, which I bought specifically for Soundwave. But I think Fungal's plan is best.

Tober
8th January 2008, 08:11 PM
I'm using SanDisc as well with no problems.

I take it you tried playing back the audio files directly from the SD through your PC once you copied the songs/audio across?

The mp3 player in SW is optimised for 128kbps playback so anything fancier may not work. Other audio formats probably won't work either.

Could it be a LINUX problem. LINUX tends not to support USB devices as easily as Mac/PC.

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th January 2008, 11:22 PM
I use a sandisk on mine and it works ok. This may be a stupid question, but is it paused? I can't remember what happens during pausing (because as an MP3 player it is pretty crap of course, I haven't used it except to make sure it works).

Quick translate of instructions:
press "play/pause for 2 seconds. Once power is on play should commence in 2-3 seconds after being turned on
Press play/pause once to pause and again to un-pause. (after 2 mins of pause it will turn itself off).
Blah blah press skip to skip hold to f/fwd.
Blah blah volume up and down.

trouble shooting isn't very helpful.
Are the earphones plugged in properly?
Are they broken?
Is it paused?
Is the volume up?
Check the mini sd card and Mp3s.

Thanatos
9th January 2008, 12:21 AM
This might seem like a strange question, but to those who own the figure... what's the actual figure like? Some part of me would buy it just for the fact it's Soundwave that could happily be placed next to my Classics...

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th January 2008, 12:36 AM
Figure-wise, I think its pretty sweet. Its the right size for Classics and his exchangeable hands are pretty cool. I really like the "eject button hand." A little awkward to transform with some slightly fragile feeling hips in particular, the articulation is better that G1 Soundwave. Just keep in mind, his only friends are two fat guys Rumble and Frenzy and the new Decepticon "Minidisc" the electronic storer of musics, who has absolutely NO articulation at all.:p

Here are the photos (http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/MP3%20Soundwave/) I took when I got mine. I just realised that none of those photos are all that dynamic. Though I was at work at the time and should have been doing some instead of playing with Transformers:D

kup
9th January 2008, 03:25 AM
Thanks to all but unfortunately nothing is working.

Linux (Ubuntu) handles USB devices exceptionally well and I have copied and played the MP3s on the card from the computer and they work fine. All MP3s are 128kbs and still nothing.

The Soundwave player acts iratically when the SD card is insterted and most of the time it 'freezes' with the flashing light going on forever with the only way to turn it off is by removing the battery. Its stable if the card is not insterted as I am able to turn it off and the rythm of the flashing light is consistent with a 'lack of media' warning.

It either hates the Apacer Mini-SD card or its busted one or the other.

Thanks for the translated instructions, I am sure that it will help many others here who get the figure but I already know how it works.

This is very frustrating as I know of no one with a Mini-SD card.
________
Subaru stella history (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Subaru_Stella)

Saintly
9th January 2008, 08:43 AM
Kup, you're not suggesting you don't have any friends with Nokia mobile phones? bring it to the next meet, I'm sure one of us has a nokia mobile phone that uses mini-sd or even the mini-sd that have been using with the player.

but yeah, card compatibility is not unheard of. just like some branded CDs don't like CD MP3 players.

kup
9th January 2008, 03:46 PM
YES!!

I exchanged the Apacer MiniSD card for a Sandisk one and it works Perfectly!

Note: Do not use Apacer cards with Music Label Soundwave, they are incompatible.

Thanks for your help guys. I have now filled the SD card with Soundwave quotes from this site:

http://www.drgw.net/~nnthayer/soundwave.html

Too bad that you can't have the Shoulder canon on at the same time as the earphones/mini-speaker, otherwise I would have him permanently on display with speakers attached ready to say something like:

http://www.drgw.net/~nnthayer/battle.mp3
________
New mexico dispensaries (http://newmexico.dispensaries.org/)

Saintly
9th January 2008, 04:03 PM
so glad that there's no problems now :)

Fungal Infection
9th January 2008, 05:27 PM
Seems like sandisk is the brand of choice when it comes to mp3 Soundwave (I have a sandisk as well).

Borgeman
9th January 2008, 08:55 PM
Seems like sandisk is the brand of choice when it comes to mp3 Soundwave (I have a sandisk as well).

me too :)

George