PDA

View Full Version : HK ebay dealer ehobbybaseshop website (and new items)

griffin
19th June 2012, 12:51 PM
Don't be thinking that it is ehobby itself... it is just a Hong Kong ebay account with ehobby in the name, and now they've set up a website (http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?cat1=&lang=en&s=) to sell outside of ebay (who charges about 8% these days).

They have a decent range of current and old stuff, both Hasbro and JP. The Hasbro stuff is mostly expensive (about equal or more than our prices)... the HK & JP items are really what most of us would be looking at.

I think one worth noting though is the Tokyo toy show exclusives. They were being sold at the show for about AU$65 each, and this site has the pair listed at US$160 (about AU$80 each - not a huge markup at all).
EDIT - looks like they might already have sold out. :(

I placed an order, and am waiting for their paypal invoice to see if I managed to secure any of the items I had in my cart...

Senor_2
19th June 2012, 01:00 PM
What are their shipping rates like? A couple of interesting items listed on there

griffin
19th June 2012, 02:03 PM
Australia had two shipping options - priority and air parcel.
For the order I placed (for the two ToyShow Optimus toys and 7 individual Microns), the shipping amounts quoted were about $32 & $23, for those two different options... which is probably about right for that size package.

There is the drawback of having to register first, so it can put off people who just want to see what something will cost to ship, or just want a single random item and never come back. But if you are a satisfied customer, it would just be like BBTS, and being registered just seems normal.

llamatron
19th June 2012, 02:49 PM
Very tempted to get MP-11 from there... they have voucher codes for up to $20 off depending on how much you spend...

griffin
25th June 2012, 01:55 PM
They appear to have restocked the Tokyo Toy Show pair (http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?p=6&lang=en&ev=&id=639) ($160), or it was just showing as "sold out" to me earlier, because I think they are limiting it to one pair per "account", until sold out.

Shirokaze
28th June 2012, 10:00 AM
I've just decided to give these guys a go for AM-12 Breakdown since most of the usual stockists are pre-sold out.

Postage was $18 for standard airmail, which I guess is reasonable enough. It's a little troublesome that they don't have a web-based checkout, meaning you have to wait for a paypal invoice before payment.

All in all it was a good find Griffin, especially for stuff that's difficult to get elsewhere. :)

Zippo
5th July 2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this store griffin.

jazzcomp
5th July 2012, 10:56 AM
Wow! $250 for Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp Classics :)

griffin
5th July 2012, 12:14 PM
The items arrived last weekend, in one piece.

The sender address was from Hong Kong NOT Japan... and looking on their ebay site, it says HK. I couldn't find a location on their website, so just assumed it was from Japan because of their name (Ehobby is in Japan) and all the reasonably priced JP figures.

Sorry about that.
I've edited the title and posting.

Hopefully they become competition to Robotkingdom, who needs someone to help push their scalper prices back down a bit... especially on items that don't sell out.

SuspectimusPrime
7th July 2012, 08:10 PM
Now that you've mentioned that the sender's from HK, I'm quite sure I walked into this store when I was there a month ago.

Prices listed on their website would be about 10% steeper than what I paid for the same items (exchanged into HKD). Stock was mostly recent stuff. Store itself is quite big, about 4m x 3m; relatively new with newly furnished shelving compared to the ones I saw at Inn's Point (amazing bazaar of robot stuff). Owner was a youngish man with white hair, nice enough to talk to.

Shirokaze
8th July 2012, 09:10 AM
AM-12 Breakdown arrived on the 5th, so that's exactly a week to the day I payed for him. Pretty damn good considering I went with the cheaper postage option.

llamatron
8th July 2012, 07:59 PM
I went ahead and ordered an mp11 starscream yesterday so will let everyone know how that turns out...

1orion2many
11th July 2012, 12:10 PM
I was looking at putting in Pre-orders for the next 3 MP's but noticed they were showing a negative amount available, I have sent an enquiry regarding this so if anyone else has concerns about this I'll let you know what they say.

1orion2many
11th July 2012, 02:01 PM
They are telling me it's a glitch in the system and I can go ahead and place my pre-order:)

Zippo
11th July 2012, 07:02 PM
I ordered the Asia Exclusive Legends from them.
Ordered four complete sets only for them to say whoops, only 3 in stock. Added a few things to the order to keep the discount coupon.

My only issue is that less than a day later there was 1 set back on the shop and its been relisted several times.

griffin
12th July 2012, 12:17 AM
They restrict the number you can order of items that they have limited numbers of, to be fairer (to let as many people as possible get them, instead of a scalper snapping them all up just to resell)... so it might just be that they restricted people to just 3 sets, but may not have used the right english to explain it to you.
If not, maybe they just got more stock in (or are scouring the stores to buy up more to resell themselves).

Bumbleb33
12th July 2012, 10:48 PM
Ordered from these guys last week, placed order late Saturday, item arrived today.
Very very happy with my brand new DOTM HA Reverb. Will order from them again :)

1orion2many
12th July 2012, 11:32 PM
Just placed a pre-order for an MP, Supposedly I won't get charged until they have the item in hand ready to ship. I'll wait for a couple of days and see just to make sure as I want to order the other up and coming MP's as well.

llamatron
13th July 2012, 04:27 PM
The order for MP11 I place on Saturday arrived yesterday (Thursday). Pretty fast! Well packaged too.

1orion2many
13th July 2012, 05:07 PM
EMS?

griffin
6th December 2013, 01:10 AM
They've just added some December items, for anyone window shopping. (US$)

JP GO (exclusive?) Black Nemesis Prime (http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?p=6&ev=&id=972) - $50
JP GO (black Lioconvoy) GO Prime (http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?p=6&ev=&id=971) - $40

HK YOTH Optimus (http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?p=6&ev=&id=969) - $130
HK YOTH Starscream (http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?p=6&ev=&id=970) - $110

Plus from before... MP Smokescreen - $65 (http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?p=6&ev=&id=850) (currently out of stock, but they take inquiries if they get extra stock later)

1orion2many
10th December 2013, 12:53 PM
Just a quick update on ehobbybase after getting a second MP Prowl sent instead of MP Bluestreak. Sent Prowl back at my own expense which the transport costs were then credited to my account. A Bluestreak was sent out and received in good time. So all in all despite the hiccup the service to correct the problem was excellent. I pay a little more from ehobbybase but the service is worth the extra cost;):)

Dangermot
15th December 2013, 10:38 AM
I aw early this morning they now have the YOTH platinum MP-10 in stock for $129.99 USD. I placed an order with the regular air parcel option for shipping. That cost $46 USD!

As I posted in another thread I have only just decided to start collecting and have ordered MP-17, MP-18, MP-19 and this YOTH MP-10 from different sellers so I'm interested to compare shipping times between the different sellers.

Dangermot
23rd December 2013, 09:43 PM
Well my YOTH MP-10 arrived today too. My goodness me the box is big! I took some pics with Titan Metroplex standing next to it and it's almost an even match. I can see now why the shipping was a little expensive.
There was some slight damage to the outside of the shipping carton but there was bucket loads of bubble wrap inside and Optimus was safe and sound.
This also arrived after about 3 days using the economy air parcel shipping option so I am thrilled to have this in time for Xmas.

Interestingly the carton had Hasbro and Optimus Prime markings and a several saying "do not open before February 1, 2014." I'm glad someone didn't listen :)

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a443/dangermot/eHobbyBaseShop/P1100726_zps23cb0499.jpg (http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/dangermot/media/eHobbyBaseShop/P1100726_zps23cb0499.jpg.html)

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a443/dangermot/eHobbyBaseShop/P1100728_zps6dfa8293.jpg (http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/dangermot/media/eHobbyBaseShop/P1100728_zps6dfa8293.jpg.html)

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a443/dangermot/eHobbyBaseShop/P1100730_zps0dee0fba.jpg (http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/dangermot/media/eHobbyBaseShop/P1100730_zps0dee0fba.jpg.html)

charcoal17
30th December 2013, 11:35 AM
Pre-ordered MP-17 to MP-19 a few months ago at a reasonable price (i think it worked out to be around $70 per MP inc. postage).

My quick review is as follows:

- Item Condition: Faultless. No noticeable damage to the MPs and MP box.
- Packaging: Secure. Each item was bubble wrapped to limit any damage, additional bubble wrap was used as void fill to limit any possible transit damage.
- Postage: Reasonable. Can't recall the exact figure, but i think it was around $40 for all 3. Also received my item a week before dispatch notification.
- Communication: Prompt. I recall having my queries answered within 24 hours or less. Also notified me when my order was dispatched.
- Other: I was absolutely delighted when i received the coins of each MP and Prowls shoulder missiles as a bonus!

Will go back to these guys if i can't find a cheaper source for any future MPs.

Dangermot
31st December 2013, 07:39 PM
My Thundercracker arrived today. :) Ordered 26 Dec, shipped 27 Dec using economy method and arrived today (31 Dec). Nicely packed with no damage. I am a big fan of EhobbyBaseShop.

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a443/dangermot/eHobbyBaseShop/2photo_zpsbb6e20c2.jpg (http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/dangermot/media/eHobbyBaseShop/2photo_zpsbb6e20c2.jpg.html)

Megatran
1st January 2014, 11:55 AM
:confused: I've just placed my first in-stock order with this mob. I'm not sure how Paypal Invoice works, but will be getting one pretty soon I imagine. How will i be notified (email or need to check my account)? Can someone spell out what I need to do to complete the transaction once I receive the Invoice. Their FAQ section doesn't address this in any detail. And i dont want to jack them off because of a delay from my end. THANKS.

PS. Why can't they just have Checkout facility like RK or Chimungmung. :confused:

griffin
1st January 2014, 12:03 PM
They send you an email first to acknowledge the order, then will send you a paypal invoice if nothing is on pre-order.
I guess it isn't an automatic checkout, because it is a small operation, and so that they can manually check the shipping amount, as automated ones can over-estimate on bulk lots, and you rarely get the seller to credit the difference.

Megatran
1st January 2014, 08:26 PM
^ Got the Paypal Invoice. Process was straight forward & painless. Now the waiting game.

BigTransformerTrev
21st March 2015, 09:20 PM
I put my first order in with them a little while ago as they were listing MP Star Saber cheaper than BBTS, and still had MP Exhaust on the books despite it being sold out from the Japanese sites and taken off the USA ones.

Got their invoice today which I am assuming means that both MP 23 & 24 have shown up. With the currency conversion and cost of the two it's a helluva lot of cash for two figures so I'm hoping that their postage is at least good.

BigTransformerTrev
30th March 2015, 10:11 AM
it's a helluva lot of cash for two figures so I'm hoping that their postage is at least good.

Grrrr! Here it is 8 days later and I get an email from them asking which address is correct - my PO Box one I gave them or my residential one that PayPal has. I wanted to yell 'F'ing both morons! You can use either!' :mad: I suppose they are just trying to be diligent but it's still irritating

So much for getting my figures before the end of the month :(

drifand
30th March 2015, 02:37 PM
I am surprised they didn't have mp-18B listed yet.

griffin
30th March 2015, 04:48 PM
They can be slow to list stuff... and I only use them because I've had too many problems with RK.

Grrrr! Here it is 8 days later and I get an email from them asking which address is correct - my PO Box one I gave them or my residential one that PayPal has. I wanted to yell 'F'ing both morons! You can use either!' :mad: I suppose they are just trying to be diligent but it's still irritating

At least that's better than a business (cough funpub cough) having conflicting addresses and not sending anything... or like with Tets (I think), who had something sent to an old shipping address in Japan.

Trent
30th March 2015, 08:42 PM

How DARE they exhibit good customer service!!!!!!!! :mad:

The nerve of some people :mad::mad::mad:

:p

BigTransformerTrev
31st March 2015, 11:56 AM
At least that's better than a business (cough funpub cough) having conflicting addresses and not sending anything... or like with Tets (I think), who had something sent to an old shipping address in Japan.

Yeah, but even a dodgy lot like Motor Finance Wizard has better business practices than fubpub - at least they say 'yes!' :p

How DARE they exhibit good customer service!!!!!!!! :mad:

The nerve of some people :mad::mad::mad:

:p

I know right! It's taking liberties is what it is! :mad::p

I think I was mainly disappointed as I had my activities planned out for the day and the first job was to go to the post office to see if I had my package, then just before getting in the car I read the email it hadn't even been posted yet. I will say that about 8 hours after I responded to their initial email I got another email saying my item had shipped so they got onto it quick. Now all I need is for the bloody tracking number to actually work :rolleyes:

griffin
31st March 2015, 04:37 PM
I felt the same way last year with how you were expecting it by the end of the month... I bought the three Gen1 3D jigsaw puzzles from three different people to get to me in the week before my birthday, and one bright spark posted theirs by sea mail... getting here two months after I was expecting it.

DELTAprime
31st March 2015, 07:40 PM
I never got an invoice (or reply to my email about it) for my TAV stuff from them. Good thing HLJ had some unsold stock. I won't use ehobbybaseshop again if they can't do a simple thing like bill the customer.